[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vt/ - Virtual Youtubers

View post   

File: 918 KB, 930x1265, 641740C4-9309-45E1-966C-5A8A1D1DB1A4.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9518943 No.9518943 [Reply] [Original]

How important is branding when it comes to virtual youtubers?
Lately I've been thinking of Ollie and Reine's status' as HoloID members. Both of them deliver about the same quality of content as your average HoloCouncil member, but they get less than half the views and attention. Why is that? Well, it's because they're a part of HoloID. It doesn't matter if they actually speak English the majority of the time and would fit in easily under HoloEN, the audience sees that HoloID label and turns away.
Similarly on this board, you often see people refuse to watch vtubers signed under Nijisanji. Even if the majority of people aren't so extreme in their tribalism, there's no doubt significantly less people will tune into a NijiEN debut than a HoloEN one.
What does a vtuber's brand or label mean to you, and what does it mean to your average vtuber fan?

>> No.9519065

Brands means standards & quality control
If i want to watch idol/GFE, i watch holoJP
If i want to watch streamer/whore, i watch holoEN

>> No.9519335
File: 237 KB, 264x365, 2018A47A.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9518943
Brands rule the market. It's easier to blindly believe something that belongs to X is Y than judging by yourself.
The opinion varies from product to product, for vtubers my opinion is that the branch is irrelevant and you should pay more attention to their tech/management/internal culture to know what tools their talents have at hand rather than expecting a specific personality.

>> No.9519402

>>9518943
>What does a vtuber's brand or label mean to you
I watch Nijisanji because I like the people who are already in it and new people always means new interactions. However if an indie piques my interest I will still watch them. I can't lie and say the Nijisanji brand means nothing to me though because of all the variety shows and tournaments and events and shit that happens that you can't get with indies, it's a constant stream of content. hololive brand means a little less to me because not as many events happen, but I still watch them.

>> No.9519552

>>9518943
personally I don't have any grudges against nijisanji or other en companies its just that hololive was my introduction to vtubers and when they released myth I found my oshi. Most people on this board are neet or neetlite but keeping tabs on more than one vtuber can be difficult

>> No.9519709

>>9519065
Coke vs Pepsi. The post.

>> No.9521993

>>9518943
Branding is everything. Average fans view it as a religion. I view it as quality control and curation. The numbers are ultimately irrelevant. What matter is the scouting.

With that said, Reine is my favorite holo.

>> No.9522006
File: 925 KB, 945x1492, 1621488468576.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9518943
rude 11 year old tits

>> No.9523229

>>9518943
Only newfag care about branding. because the brand name is the only thing they knew.
Oldfags care about the people, the story around this specific group of people\chuubas.
If a new chuuba debut in nijisanji, people treat them as a new character in a popular anime.
They are looking forward of how this one is going to make some chemistry with their senpais. And if they are not interacting with the rest of their senpais and not interesting enough . We audience will just prefer not to watch them.
Nobody watches nijisanji simply because they are a member of nijisanji. And that is how thing should be.

>> No.9523423

>>9523229
This post just proves that you care about the branding though. You wouldn't watch any of them if they debuted solo as an indie.

>> No.9523483

>>9523229
Next you'll say something about natural growth

>> No.9523809

>>9518943
Brand is everything. Only Hololive vtuber can become successful. It doesn't matter how good or bad the HoloID are, people simply don't watch them because of the ID brand.

>> No.9523815
File: 402 KB, 783x339, Ollie numbers.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9518943
Ollie constantly sucks e-celeb dick, Vshojo dick, niji dick, clipper dick, mostly everyone in Hololive and the western vtuber fanbase knows about her. Maybe they don't care for the obnoxiously loud zoombie?

>> No.9523895
File: 92 KB, 567x859, heh.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9523423
I watched Nijisanji wave 2 when they debuted because that time Mito absolutely blew the
fuck up, is it because the power of branding?
Fuck no i don't care nijisanji back then,i only care about Mito. It's only because i really like Mito and willing to see what's gonna happen.
There is a time Nijisanji wave 1~2 gets called 'All SSR', yet only the entertained one still holds some decent viewerbase.
Btw i at least watch way more indie than 95% of this board. I'm a sensei tachi when Karte is still around. Sit down newfag

>> No.9524151

>>9523229
>They are looking forward of how this one is going to make some chemistry with their senpais. And if they are not interacting with the rest of their senpais and not interesting enough . We audience will just prefer not to watch them.
A Nijinewfag huh, that's pretty rare. Nijifags HATE collab sluts, there's a group with 3 males that debut last year, people called them 3pako and one guy got absolutely btfo by both Niji and Holo fans because he's trying to collab with Suisei. In Nijisanji, if any vtubers that can't consistently get high numbers on solo streams collab with people that have higher numbers than them, they're leech.

>> No.9524479

>>9524151
> Nijifags HATE collab sluts
becareful, if you treat the 'Nijifags’ on this specific board of this specific website or 5chan as the big majority of Nijifags you might just bought Bitcoin at 64000$
Pako series is a common joke in 5ch. Do you know back in the day there is a time after Raito incident m Akiina gets called Pakona, Ebio gets called PakoKnight, and Mayuzumi gets called Fucker? It's the meme born after Raito that is about 'every male is in for pako the female'. God it's been two years the meme is fucking dead.
And just for you to know Kaida's suisei enjou is absolutely nothing compare to when he called Hoshikawa 土人. People really gets mad at him instead of some holoidolnigger crying about MUH MALE STAY AWAY FROM MY OSHI.
Of course some gets called leech such as Ryusen, some 5ch fag hates her because they think she leech. But i also see 5ch fag cry about where are all those good old Ryusen企画. It's duality of man

>> No.9524650

>>9524151
That can't be true since that guy you are talking about consistently collabs with Kuzuha, the highest subbed niji, while usually getting 1k himself and doesn't get any hate

>> No.9525175

>>9524151
>Nijifags HATE collab sluts
Lmao. Are you talking about schizo who got shit on by the whole Nijisanji? When they attack Hisupi and HSKW for being collab slut and "disrespecting" their senpai only to get shit on by livers and true Nijifans? And guess who are the top among Selen drama club? The collab sluts, Hisupi and Chigusa.

>> No.9525228

>>9524650
He gets like 3-4k viewers nowaday, that's pretty good for a Niji. He already proved himself so he can do whatever he wants now, and it's a tournament, no one's gonna cry about who's playing with who, even Holos are fine playing with male.
The culture is still there, for example, all hell will break loose if a 2views Niji like Hisui suddenly try to collab with Kuzuha.

>> No.9525316

>>9525228
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkStYwkfIbs
She's collabed a few times with him

>> No.9525384

>>9525228
>The culture is still there, for example, all hell will break loose if a 2views Niji like Hisui suddenly try to collab with Kuzuha
You have no idea what you're talking about, huh.

>> No.9525459

>>9524151
This is a lie you need to stop reading twisted rrats. Kaida Haru had antis because he said he joined Nijisanji just to collab with lots of people (jokingly) which gained him schizo antis because he kept feeding into it. Then he said on Twitter that Suisei is good at tetris and everyone freaked out thinking he's trying to collab and by everyone I mean like 15 retards on Twitter. Nowadays he's beloved by lots, constantly earning the most SC out of his group of 3 (not sure where the fuck you got 3pako from unless you're translating fujo posts because the other two weren't "collab sluts") he even sometimes ends his stream to go help moderate the chats of his senpais
>>9525228
Retard, they have collabed before. And if you want to see true 2view go look at the way he asked Hajime to help him practice in Amongus with Hiromoot, Kuzuha had a discord call with some low views like Genzuki and Levi and Hajime and etc and they were all chatting easily because Kuzuha deems them fun people

>> No.9525523

>>9524479
Anons read 1 post there and think all Japanese people think like that. Imagine if Japs looked at a Chumbud falseflagger and decided that's how all Gura fans are

>> No.9526951

>>9524151
Talking like true holobrony who only knows about 5ch's rat in holobrony's thread, stop pretending to be fag, nigger

>> No.9527195

>>9525523
They wouldn't be far off chumbud.

>> No.9527400

>>9525523
kek imagine what they would think about all the Gura Killer shitposting? I hope they at least know about our SEAmonkey infestation retards like this >>9527195 think people actually buy their bullshit.

>> No.9532781

>>9518943
>How important is branding when it comes to virtual youtubers?
Zero

>> No.9535856

i think warabeda's chest is too big

>> No.9535976

Americans are quite literally retarded and have this concept of brand loyalty rather than picking and choosing individual products based on their strengths and weaknesses. Sad, many such cases!

>> No.9541997

>>9535976
Its not just American my man, back then kizuna ai is literally what vtuber is, now hololive is literally what vtuber is, on any social media if someone ask for vtuber they Will always say hololive and then they stuck with it until they find themeself not enjoying holo and move to watch other vtuber

>> No.9542110

I do wish holoID got a little more spotlight. I don't have enough time to add any more vtubers to my daily routine but I do try to watch reine when she's streaming something i care about. I don't watch ollie because she is annoying and I value my eardrums

>> No.9542396

>>9518943
Tbh I enjoy Nijisanji more because it feels like they care less about branding. it is exciting to watch because there are so many possibilities. While Hololive feels very restricted. Just look at their live shows. It also helps to have some males for a change.
But I only came to this thread only because of OP image.

>> No.9542443

>>9532781
yeah, Hololive's free 150k pre-debut subs aren't important at all

>> No.9542692

>>9518943
Branding is everything, but it doesn't have to come from a company
Hatoba Tsugu was popular just from how unique her content was

>> No.9545625

>>9518943
Don't know, people only care about what company they're in generally.

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action