[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vt/ - Virtual Youtubers

View post   

File: 450 KB, 1434x2048, 88F42CA8-CEB7-43D6-B08B-D4EE2AA46156.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9271407 No.9271407 [Reply] [Original]

Was it the correct choice for Vtuber companies to segregate their talents by gender? Hololive is the most famous example, they have a separate branch just for their male talents, and they block them from interacting with their female coworkers. And that’s not mentioning the fact that the majority of their female coworkers don’t acknowledge their existence at all. Is this separation detrimental or beneficial overall for the future of vtubers?

>> No.9271561

Very thought-provoking. I predict this thread will invite a stirring and memorable discussion.

>> No.9271764

>>9271407
Companies that manage female vtubers shouldn't have male branches. Male chubas should belong to their own monogender companies. Gender identity doesn't count, only biological sex.

>> No.9271817

>>9271407
Westerners cucks doesn't get how Idol things works in Japan and in a japanase company. Why don't you watch Nijiniggas? Hololive isn't for you.

>> No.9271850

>>9271407
>companies
>plural
LMFAAAAAOOOOOOOOOOOO

>> No.9271903

>>9271817
Rich of you to assume OP isn't playing coy and looking for approval of that exact opinion.

>> No.9272036

>>9271407
Hololive went for the idol audience and with that audience comes certain sensibilities. Other companies are less stringent regarding interactions between genders. However, Hololive remains one of the more famous examples and regardless on your feelings about unicorns and 'Yagoo's dream' a lot of people who are both emotionally and financially invested in the vtubers they like aren't keen on sharing.

This doesn't even need to be a gender thing, for some its people collabing outside their own branch, company, language, non-vtubers or even non-streamers are the line in the sand they feel uncomfortable if their oshi crosses. Oddly enough, a community that simps for grown women pretending to be anime characters becomes very self concious when communities outside of it are suddenly introduced.

>> No.9272391

>>9271407
Never understood why so many men get up at arms at women interacting with other men, seems idiotic, especially with woman who will never know them.

>> No.9272424

>>9271407
I love chicken

>> No.9272500

>>9271407
>they block them from interacting with their female coworkers
Then what about Fubuki and Matsuri collabing with males?

>> No.9272537

>>9271407
Good decision since there's a lot of fucking retards with a lot of money that think they have a chance of dating the person behind the avatar.

>> No.9272696

>>9272391
b-b-but they are cucking us, dont u see?

>> No.9272794

>>9271407
It's okay because it benefits for females, Japan.

>> No.9273764

>>9272391
The same reason you have an anime waifu
>but they're real people
As far as everyone knows korone is a baker dog and nene is from outer space

>> No.9273944

>>9273764
Why do you wanna date a dog

>> No.9273977

>>9271407
okay OP, why don't you go watch Nijisanji and shut up?

t. unityfag

>> No.9274006

>>9273944
probably a white man.

>> No.9274011

>>9271407
Are there even any other examples of companies segregating their talent to the extent that Hololive did it? Off the top of my head I can only think of groups that are either all girls or they allow both genders to intermingle as they wish.

>> No.9274191

>>9274011
Pretty sure it's just Hololive and even the all female groups don't have audiences that get autistic over them interacting with external males.

Holofags are basically Love Livers but worse since they're doing it to real people

>> No.9274218

>>9273944
You wouldn't date your dog if she had a body like korone?

>> No.9274308

it's obvious that Cover wants that sweet sweet gachikoi money

>> No.9274353

Even members who never collab with men and openly state that they won't acknowledge them, like Noel. Flare calls Aruran her younger brother because they share a designer, but still won't collab with him. There is no company-enforced rule asking them to pretend the other doesn't exist. The "their talents should be free to do whatever they want!" crowd sure change their tune quickly whenever what the talents want doesn't allign with their own wishes.
Some of them just don't want to collab with men, others are just not close to them and won't force themselves to collab with them just to satisfy the cucks. There are still Holo members who never had 1x1 collabs with each other before, after so many years, and nobody gives a shit. But not collabing with another branch must be some conspiracy. No other explanation.
The homos themselves have said that they don't want to leech. If they're invited to collabs, they'll gladly accept, but they don't want to attach themselves to the more successful branch for some easy subs. And their growth has been pretty healthy, Astel had the most viewers out of the Astel / Choco / Roboco collab every time, despite being the lowest in subscriber count, indicating an organic growth with fewer dead subs.
Stop begging and start supporting the people you claim to give a shit about, they need your views and chat engagement more than they need your /vt/ shitposting.

>> No.9275023

>>9274353
Outside of the anomaly of PekoMoona the branch ID has the best collabs with isn't JP or EN but the Holostars. Nothing against the Mario Kart collab but if you try to compare it to the Holostars/ID Among Us collab there's a completely different energy to it. Everything felt chaotic but never uncomfortable whereas in Mario Kart there still seemed to be that kind of respectful reservation towards the other branch.

I'm not exactly sure why it is. Maybe it's because Cover is less focused on those branches that they feel less pressure when they interact? Maybe because no one feels like they're riding anyone else's coatails and they can just open up.

>> No.9275136

>>9275023
I's a good mix between:
>looser management
>doesn't feel like leeching
>ID's fanbase has less psychos
>HoloID girls don't give a shit

>> No.9279187

>>9274191
>the all female groups don’t have audiences that get autistic over them interacting with external males
They definitely do. I don’t know about smaller western companies, but most of JP goes for the Holo formula rather than the Niji one. 774 is like the only other one that might let the members mostly do whatever they want, and most choose to go for unicorns rather than being Haneru. Every other smaller group is almost all female, and panders to the same demographic Holo does. Or to the same subsection of a demographic, going mainstream probably brought them a lot of non-schizo JP fans too.

It might also just be a time period thing. A lot of the companies from the 4 kings/Niji eras don’t give a shit about male collabs, but the ones that were started up more recently in the past 2 years for some reason go for the all-female gfe play. Vspo is like the only exception and they’re only popular from Apex and connections basically, yet they’re still all-female.

>> No.9279542

>>9271817
No I fully understand idol culture, I just fucking hate it. There's a thousand other, larger reasons why I don't watch hololive and I took the indiepill instead but that's definitely on the list.

>> No.9279598

>>9271407
Holostars is not a branch of hololive you fucking mongrel incel touch grass have sex keep seething

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action