[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vt/ - Virtual Youtubers

View post   

File: 2 KB, 193x66, 962.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8984268 No.8984268 [Reply] [Original]

I feel like I'm in the midst of stopping watching and pushing my long time oshi, I still like and watch the streams, but recently it feels like I'm forcing myself to do so.
Have you guys ever dropped an oshi you really cared before? Do you regret it or are you happy now? Do you resent your previous oshi or do you still watch them every now and then?

>> No.8984339

She graduated so not really.

>> No.8984465

Not ever since I was deep enough to understand what an oshi means. I did move on from the one who introduced me to chuubas, though, if that counts. I still check her every now and then, and I still enjoy watching her, I just love my current favorite more.
Taking breaks is healthy and would increase your enjoyment, in case your oshi is one of the more workaholic ones and she didn't force you to take a break throughout this year.
I love videogames, haven't played one in months. It's normal to burnout from every hobby every now and then, you shouldn't make it into an obligation.

>> No.8984900

>>8984465
I guess so, my issue isn't really that I'm burnout, it's more that the things she has done and said recently are bothering me, I'm sure she means no harm at all, but and I don't want to become a reverse anti like the nips schizos. I'll probably just take a break and not watch any streams for now, if I come back or not, it's a different story.

>> No.8985007

>>8984268
That's called burning out and it's very normal. Take a break and either find a new oshi or give yourself some time. No one will get mad at you or something. Your oshi have hundreds of thousands of other gachikois.
I chose the second option. Now I'm as happy watching Ina as when she first took me into the hole.

>> No.8985064

>>8984268
Mr. Koro or Marine?

>> No.8985168

once i get emotionally invested in someone, i stay emotionally invested, even if the passion eventually cools or moves on to someone else. it would take a really huge scandal that completely changed how much i liked or respected them to make me dislike or resent them.

>> No.8985231

>>8985064
Matsuri

>> No.8985269

Been watching vtubers since January so not long. I still don't have an oshi. I know you can have more than one (and before you sperg out look up the definition I am not accepting a warped definition after only a year)
But when I find someone I like, I simply like them. Never felt like attending every stream unless there's something special going on. Then, I find more, and I like more vtubers. Not a DD because there are some I will never care about. But it's fun to follow the activities of several chuubas. I don't feel like dedicating myself to only one or a small handful.

>> No.8985333

>>8985064
>>8985231
Neither.

>> No.8985453

>>8984268
Somewhat. Kiara was my oshi but I moved on to Pomu. In my case, Nijisanji EN was what I was really looking for all this time and Hololive was merely a gateway drug, so I don't feel too bad about it and still watch Kiara occasionally.

>> No.8985486

My oshi graduated so I don't watch many vtubers anymore, except the occasional indie

>> No.8986219

>>8984268
I don't even watch vtuber's anymore, only random funny clips.

>> No.8987315

>>8984268
For me it was ProjektMelody and the huge media sperg-out around her that got me into the scene.
From there I was sent to Ironmouse, burned through the Twitch scene as the hype grew, visited the JP's for a while, Enjoyed the EN1 debut and the NijiEN debut, and am now actually enjoying IRyS despite not being interested at first.
Yet like an old dog I always find my way back to Melody, she's just fun and comfortable to listen to.

>> No.8987508

My oshi is the only one I still keep up with, though not as much as I used to, I did cancel all my memberships as well but that's more to me feeling like it wasn't worth it.
Like on twitch I can shitpost with people's emotes everything, on youtube its just that particular vtubers chat, and even then who cares? Most of their chats are absurdly fast and I never speak in them anyway.

I would advise you just take a hiatus man, cancel your membership, whatever.

>> No.8988127
File: 34 KB, 503x418, 96578346737846346.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8984268
yes.

>> No.8988146

>>8984268
It's normal to get tired. Most people went thru this with anime, going from watching 20 shows a week to only good ones. Even the girls themselves have said it's normal to take a break, as long as you come back. If your a member or donate somewhat often, the girls DO notice you, and will be happy to see you again.

For me, I started watching Fubuki when she debuted, but since at the time I couldn't speak enough Japanese, i stopped watching for at least a year. I came back when the Vtuber scene got popular and she had changed so much. I regretted not having watched her grow up from a shy and timid fox to the meme queen she is today. I'll never drop her now. Even if I get tired or I'm not interested in the game she's playing, I'll at least stop by and say hello.

>> No.8990381

>>8984268
>Have you guys ever dropped an oshi you really cared before?
I have
>Do you regret it or are you happy now?
I'm happier. I found another hobby too.
>Do you resent your previous oshi or do you still watch them every now and then?
I'm still watching. Just with a different mindset and less mentally obsessed. It was taxing. We're just friends hanging out now.

>> No.8990898

>>8984268
>Have you guys ever dropped an oshi you really cared before?
Yes, I used to be a deadbeat but I completely lost all the motivation she gave me to better myself and do my reps. It felt shameful to keep watching her after that since it felt like I've failed her and became the subject of Off With Their Heads.
I got bored in those few months of her showing up completely dead to streams. Her Shadowverse and ITT collabs with Kiara were particularly painful to watch.

>> No.8991162

My Oshi takes long haitus (Haachama) sometimes so when she is around I appreciate her more. And no she still my favorite no other chubba hypes me up to watch a stream even tho I watch others

>> No.8991310

>>8984268
If you're trying to be empathetic to your oshi, then if you stay out of obligation, you'll only have less fun as time goes on. Absence often makes the heart grow fonder.

>> No.8991425

I'm members to Marine, Pekora, Kson, Subaru, usually prioritize watching streams in that order unless the former is streaming something shitty and there's been periods where I didn't watch any of them for over a week because nothing they did was entertaining to me or I was busy. If you feel like you're forcing yourself then take a break. Stop trying to form parasocial relationships with your oshi. You're not there for them, they're there for your entertainment in the form of an interactive show, and the amount of entertainment I get is easily worth more than $5 per talent per month.

>> No.8991563
File: 111 KB, 512x432, 1628872654298.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8991310
This is something I needed to hear today.

>> No.8991646

I unmannered and unsubbed Kiara when she brought Nyanners on to console herself for not getting a Veibae appearance. I don’t really regret it but I miss obsessing over her. Still watch as a greyname sometimes.

>> No.8992358
File: 271 KB, 800x800, 1628952410838.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I'm supporting a small chuuba that's struggling to grow for months now and the sense of obligation is starting to wear on me. I'm one of her few donors and always try to provide content and conversation fodder so I'd feel like I'm leaving her to sink if I ever took an extended break.

>> No.8992436

>>8992358
Unironically can you give me some tips on conversation fodder? I’m trying to support an indie but I struggle with similar issues.

>> No.8992911

>>8992436
I'm not great at it myself but it's usually a safe bet to ask about prior experience related to what's currently going on on stream, point out some neat little details or just ask about mundane things like control schemes. I also take care not to make the conversation about myself because either noone gives a shit or it would alienate the rest of chat.
My big fear is that if I'm not there the only thing she'd have to work with would be sycophants, attention whores, poggers and cookie-cutter butt jokes you heard a million times.

>> No.8993388

>>8988146
>Most people went thru this with anime, going from watching 20 shows a week to only good ones.
Man, I remember the last season I fully went all out, Summer 2013.

>> No.8993422

>>8984268
I had to drop lulu because my japanese improved and I found others more fun

>> No.8993455

>>8992911
How many viewers do they get in a stream?

>> No.8993723

>>8993455
Hovering around 20, 30 on a good day.

>> No.8993804

>>8992911
Thank you this is helpful!

>> No.8993848
File: 19 KB, 399x399, 1628760046986.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8993804
Godspeed, anon.

>> No.8994072

I had to drop Kiara's membership after 8 months, there were just episodes or actions that I couldn't forgive her. I'm still a nobody though, but I had a choice. Best investment was on Ina and now irys.

>> No.8995857

I have burnt out on Hololive. I was following Marine, Lamy, Nene, Rushia, Ojou. Not too bad. But yesterday I missed senchou's singing stream for the first time. I just didn't feel like watching it.

But recently I have gone down the VSpo rabbit hole instead. I might even unmember Marine at this rate.

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action