[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vt/ - Virtual Youtubers

View post   

File: 314 KB, 512x320, unnamed (2).png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8937215 No.8937215 [Reply] [Original]

What is /asp/?

A thread where we discuss our vtuber aspirations! Whether it's agency-based or independent, let's help each other grow and make it as entertainers. Indies are welcome to join, but shill responsibly. Share what knowledge, insights, what works/doesn't work for you. Remember to do your research before providing personally identifying information to companies online!

FAQ:
Do I need an expensive, fully rigged Live2D model to be a vtuber?
No! You can always start out as a pngtuber!

Where can I learn how to Live2D rig avatars?
Check out Brian Tsui's (of Iron Vertex) YouTube channel!

Where can I find artists/riggers?
Skeb.jp, ArtStation, DeviantArt, Twitter, Reddit, etc.

Where can I learn how to digital market myself?
https://learndigital.withgoogle.com/digitalgarage

Where can I find some good games to stream?
https://twitchtracker.com/games
https://sullygnome.com/

Twitch or Youtube?
Multistream to both.

RESOURCES:
General: https://pastebin.com/AJLkFrGK (embed)
OpSec Guide: https://pastebin.com/2mkc8x9P (embed)
List of Assets and other resources: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vQHyRDZ3nxlIINfZz_wWCbgQ9gR4OgbTFhyGwq45DseUixkJJKbUmhPjnkWcmh7dOCDdxObAZXv_zti/pubhtml

NEW AUDITIONS:
PHASE CONNECT GEN 2 NOW OPEN
>site
https://phase-connect.com/auditions/
>form
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSduL0o4NY8weiiZTp3Teyn73z_Jcf-xv4fabqm1bkVGUmx5wQ/viewform

Prism Project Generation 4 (deadline 9/20)
https://www.prismproject.jp/audition
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSc5-p6bY-9XgTxAywu9K8VgQ3IHKP9zxYzkuxTP2SoA6iZRtQ/viewform

Phase Connect Generation 2 (deadline 10/31)
https://phase-connect.com/auditions/
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSduL0o4NY8weiiZTp3Teyn73z_Jcf-xv4fabqm1bkVGUmx5wQ/viewform

Cyberlive Generation 2 (deadline 9/17)
https://www.cyberlivecorp.com/audition
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSf3NFRzPsh21EbmZOoDNms595bSPTuFrCb_nseuyYdwr79KyQ/viewform

VShojo (deadline 9/30)
https://www.reddit.com/r/VShojo/comments/p894j7/announcement_auditions_for_vshojo_start/?context=3
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSegQKgJGaKAu56-x09gr_VhMiaDSGwCRBTvovuP0nZtTaQtxQ/viewform

Kawaii Productions Generation 2(?) (8/31 deadline)
https://production-kawaii.com/en/home-2/
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdCzI73mkmVSDbIMvHVOml0Gzie540dzjwrVVTvmN2whMzb5w/viewform

Stay grounded, stay hopeful. Don't kill yourself yet.

Previous Thread: >>8804753

>> No.8939234

>>8937215
Bumping to help.
What's the optimal boom arm mic position for you guys?

>> No.8940110

>>8939234
I keep it directly under my chin to avoid plosives and not cover up the cam for tracking

>> No.8940343

I saw a post in the last thread about someone looking for an editor. I've done video work for a few vtubers and I don't have anything on my plate right now, so I'd be interested in that if they're still around

>> No.8941288

>>8940343
I'm not that anon, but hello anyway!

What would you do as an editor, and what (vague) price points are we looking at?

So would I ask you to go through a stream and make X clips out of it, or as many clips as possible? Or would it be "here's the vod, can you make something cool?"?

What would you need from a chuuba, assets wise, and what would you then be able to create?

>> No.8943289
File: 85 KB, 1280x720, 32.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Can anyone suggest non japanese 2d vtuber artists? all the Japanese people I contacted ignored my Email. I have the budget, I just want someone that makes good art

>> No.8943682

I was checking out my tiktok, and saw my latest clip didn't have any views... Uploaded something new, and realized I hadn't done any tags on it... FFS, it's at 2 views, when one I uploadedfour hours ago has hit 200.

>> No.8944428

>>8943289
I follow an artist that does the rigging and art but they’re not super clean moe anime style.
I can link them if you like they speak EN and JP.

>> No.8944752

>>8941288
I've mostly done stream highlights and channel trailers so far, but on my own time I've made shitposts and more creative work for chuubas that I enjoy watching
In terms of the work itself, it really just depends on what you'd like to get out of a vod. If you want to focus on smaller clips that are easily shareable on social media, I can comb through a stream and edit those together. Alternatively, if you'd like a condensed version of a stream for people who don't have the time to watch the whole thing, I can make a highlight reel of the best parts. Any assets I'd like to use would more depend on the video itself, but having a .png of your model and any assets you normally use (bgm, background, etc) should cover most of it
As for price, I wouldn't worry about it too much. I don't feel comfortable charging "full" for stuff like this, but we can talk specifics if you'd like me to work with you

>> No.8944815

So what exactly is the "GFE"
Flirting with chat? Have intimate streams?

>> No.8944880

>>8944815
watch Lumi's travel date stream

>> No.8945327

Asked at the end of the last thread, but what draws you to vtubing over standard streaming? I’m torn.

>> No.8945339

>>8944880
I clicked in to a random timestamp and she was in my home city. Freaky

>> No.8945375

>>8945327
I have the face of a radio star

>> No.8945505

>>8945327
I get to be cute and anime with a fraction of the effort

>> No.8945823

>>8944815
Watch Yura Rikudou from prism as she's the best GFE vtuber in english. Basically act and pretend to be your girlfriend, remember your names and who you are and does things to make them feel loved and cared for.

>> No.8945857

>>8945327
I get to keep my anonymity and im not the best looking person.

>> No.8946014

>>8945327
I like the idea of playing a character with lore. Despite what anti-keyfabe schizo tells you, i find it's the best part about vtubing.

>> No.8946287

>>8946014
Kayfabe is for yourself, not for your viewers. As long as you accept that, it's absolutely fine and even encouraged, whatever gets you streaming with more enthusiasm can only help your content. Same with stream overlays, most viewers don't give two shits about those.

>> No.8947381

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-u_gba7LuI

>> No.8947479

>>8945823
>remember your names
How many viewers does she have? That sounds like the kind of thing you can only do when you're not that popular

>> No.8947628

>>8947479
it's pretty easy if you start early when you only have 4-5 people in chat and just add new comers as they appear to a list

>> No.8947750

>>8943289
Post a job or find an artist in the Live2D discord server

>> No.8948541

>>8945327
I don't feel comfortable showing up my face while drawing plus my face has a default angry expression.

>> No.8949042

>>8947381
>things that should have just been a word document
but i guess you need those clicks and views

>> No.8951052

>>8947479
A few hundred at it's peak. She opens up future streams on youtube and just chats with people to get to know them better and as an extra service. She'll notice if you havent shown up for a while and asks how you've been. Also if she sees you on other streams she'll tell you that you've been cheating on her. She says she has a great memory and I dont doubt her and it really adds up.

>> No.8951083

>>8945327
It's a chance to reach audiences I may not otherwise reach as a face cam streamer.

>> No.8951372

>>8951052
>>8945823
lumi and yura seem at the same potential for high gfe. both remember every name in their respective chats, both 70-100 average

lumi plays it a little cooler and focuses on gameplay, but talks to you more about mutual interests so it feels like a closer relationship. she's very very good at chat interaction

yura leans more heavily into the girlfriend part and seems to rely more on sex appeal, checking on cheating, giving out little things that remind you that you're 'dating'

you can watch both if you're curious to see which one you feel better about doing. gfe definitely isn't for everyone

>> No.8951462

>>8951372
Wait, remembering everyone in chat is GFE???? Isn’t that just normal for a small streamer?
I’ve done that basically my entire time streaming

>> No.8951536

>>8951372
yeah GFE is all about overcoming the barrier of treating chat like you're in an actual relationship and flirting with them and being cute. You have to not cringe at it and go full 100% into being straight in saying "lets hold hands" or "I love you, chat" without flinching or an inch of doubt. Most girls cannot do that at all even if they're in real relationships and that's what fuels the fantasy and skill between good GFE and bad GFE.

>> No.8952244

>>8951462
i watch more of lumi than yura (because yura's english filters me a bit) and she's remembered where people are from and specific things they tell her so she checks up on them periodically on stuff they're working on

it's easier when you have 5-6 chatters but once you're up in the higher double digits it gets harder im guessing

>> No.8952372

Most of you are doing auditions without ever starting a stream in your life.
Why do you have such unrealistic expectations?

>> No.8953354

I'm going to join Nijisanji, /asp/. This is a promise. You will see me there.

>> No.8954453

>>8953354
in wave 10? ok anon

>> No.8954797

I wonder when we'll be hearing back from CyberLive, Prism, Phase, etc. The wait is killing me.

>> No.8955287

>>8954797
I have no clue, Anon. I will say I have gotten 2 views in both of my videos I sent for Prism, which gives me hope since they went back on it. At the very least we can say for sure they're looking at the applications as they come

>> No.8955411

>>8955287
After being a no view ghost I'd say having the view counter on my video go upfeels nice, even if they don't call back.

>> No.8955932

>>8933710
anon... people have been linking their streams here in the past few threads or in /wvt/ for a while...

>> No.8955988

would RP/ASMR videos work on tiktok? I’m too scared to start streaming immediately but i want to start building my content

>> No.8956694

>>8954797
What's your angle on applying for those instead of waiting for NijiEN to have further auditions? Genuinely curious, is it because they're presumably easier to get into, or do you prefer their business model? Or are you just applying for everything?

>> No.8958524

>>8955988
I mean, throw it out there and give it a try

>> No.8958884

>>8955287
Have received 12 views from Prism, more than a few from Cyberlive, and 4 from Phase, have not heard back from anyone yet for reference

>> No.8959279

>>8956694
Isn't it an easy way to get decent numbers if you pass as a 2view? There's people like Rosemi in Niji EN that simply moved from one of the smaller orgs to Niji, nothing stopping you from doing that.

>> No.8960265

>>8956694
>>8959279
Hana Flores from Kawaii was there for a few months and if rrats are to be believed got into NijiEN.
The more I read and hear about CyberLive the more I'm liking what they have to offer, so if I get in I would like to stay for a while. That aside, I'm applying for agencies that get my eye on the side.

>> No.8960775

must suck as one of the smaller companies knowing that most of your talents are likely looking to jump ship to holo/niji first chance they get

>> No.8960824

>>8959279
>>8960265
>>8960775
Which really makes you think when are these small companies going to set up contracts so their talent can't just fuck off to join bigger agencies for like at least an year

>> No.8960973

>>8960824
It's hard as fuck since once word of that gets out, people just won't join them unless every single one of them does it. Their best bet is probably hoping that one of their talents is a huge breakout and then actually wants to stay and grow there.

>> No.8961053

>>8960824
rosemi only led more people to tsunderia honestly

if any talent from a small company moves up it just proves the small companies have good scouting and are able to produce good quality talent

>> No.8961091

How do you guys handle depressed viewers?
I've had two so far and one straight up left and the other called me heartless and got super mad when I gave the advice of learning to be hated. I feel like learning how to accept there are people that will always hate you is the best way to start healing but people got mad saying I'm implying it's not okay to be upset? Like 4 people ganged up on me about this and I'm super confused why I got backlash from giving advice that's genuinely helped me before?

>> No.8961194

>>8961091
Don't have any advice but it does sound like you were in the right there

>> No.8961231

>>8960973
>>8960824
maybe if these agencies actually provided something to their talents, they wouldn't want to run away. Terumi even admitted that Amber Glow did fuck all for their talents and even made them pay for assets out of pocket. those type of agencies will die because they're not agencies. it's just some dude trying to leech off others work. compare with a good agency like Tsunderia with an actual manager and producer putting together real shit that supports a vtuber's growth.

>>8961091
if you're just starting out, let them be. you're not chat's therapist. tell them that you feel for their troubles but let them know that your streams are for entertainment and not for trauma dumping. be firm and tell them to knock that shit out. they're not going to stick around for long if you don't entertain their bullshit.

>> No.8961380

>>8961091
I have to agree with >>8961194 and >>8961231. People these days want to be coddled and in your case they wanted you to say it's okay to be hurt and dindu nuthin, because they won't like to swallow the black pill that people will hate you over nothing and it's better to learn to face it so it won't hurt you. It may be easier said than done and some may learn to do that faster than others, but at this point it's the best thing one can do.

>> No.8961418

>>8961231
The thing is that if you're actually good talent, and you actually believe in yourself and your capacity to get an audience, why would you stick to a small agency, rather than just using it as a stepping stone? Like sure, Cyberlive sounds really great, with everything they do for the talent. But on the other hand you can just go "lmao fuck it" and join niji for instantly like 5x the viewerbase.

>> No.8961529

>>8961231
terumi complained day 1 about amber glow

she also leaked cyberlive lumi's dms to her saying that lumi was very happy with her company and had a good experience. the sad truth is that any small corpo or mid-size indie would likely join up with holo/niji for the instant fame and money regardless what their current situation offers

>> No.8961580

>>8961529
>would likely join up with holo/niji for the instant fame and money regardless what their current situation offers
then the agencies can rest easy knowing that competition for those audition slots is incredibly fierce and only come up a couple of times a year. the rest of the time they have a monopoly on that talent and their streams

>> No.8961662

>>8961418
>just join niji
Easier said than done

>> No.8961699

>>8961662
Sure, but like i said i'm talking about the real good talent. The people who know for a fact they could get into niji.

>> No.8961733

>>8961580
the small companies know. just look at the pacing of auditions. each successful company hop brings more eyes to the company. it's just a ladder all the way up

>> No.8961770

>>8961699
>talking about the real good talent
"real good talent" will more than likely just be straight up indie to avoid shitty agencies and whatever google docs contracts they put together

>> No.8961865

>>8961231
I've only done a handful of streams, with little viewers it's hard to ignore what they say even when I try to move on from the subject, but that is true, they probably won't be around for long. I'll be more firm next time, thanks!
>>8961194
I'm glad you think so, I felt bad that I unintentionally made things worse when I wanted to do the opposite.

>> No.8961956

>>8961770
I don't think so. I mean fucking Shachi and Senzawa were indies with 1M+ subs and they still went for the corpo life. And i'm not even talking about people that big, i think everyone in niji EN right now is really good talent, and they either applied directly for niji or jumped ship from a smaller corporation because, again, they knew they were good enough, presumably.

>> No.8962067

>>8961770
if you do your reps, you'll see that finana was the only one who didn't have real stream experience. and even then, she was a finalist in hololive

every other niji EN has been a large indie or previous corpo. wake up anon, numbers win out every time

>> No.8962164

>>8961956
>I mean fucking Shachi and Senzawa were indies with 1M+ subs and they still went for the corpo life.
Hololive and Nijisanjis are literally the end goals of vtubers who want to 'make it' they did exactly what i'm saying. be full independent and grow large enough then bounce to the big names. Pomu did it as a fully indie Maid Mint, same with Elira as Nova. they didn't join an agency because they knew they were good enough to be fully independent.

the chuubas joining up with agencies are the ones who are too insecure in their own talents, not talented in reality, or just looking to larp being an idol in a group.

>>8962067
>that finana was the only one who didn't have real stream experience. and even then, she was a finalist in hololive
cool story anon still supports what i'm saying. the good ones don't join crap agencies.

>> No.8962266

>>8962164
I mean joining an agency also DRASTICALLY reduces the amount of money and setup you have to put into it, since they give you an avatar and a bunch of other stuff to work with.

>> No.8962281

>>8962164
i guess this is why maid mint, ryusei nova, and lyrica are all gone now huh

>> No.8966264
File: 408 KB, 495x495, 1585591046875.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

https://voca.ro/1cjdGLscNtur
what do you think anons? Could I be a chuuba?

>> No.8966345

>>8966264
the fuck are you saying, all I can make out is "I'm hungry"

>> No.8966386

>>8966345
Bro is your ebt on, i'm hungry

>> No.8966427 [DELETED] 

>>8966345
ok let me retake with diff mic goddamn anon

>> No.8967045

>>8966264
see if you can keep up that voice talking straight for 4 hours

>> No.8967292

>>8962164
I think this is honestly why cyberlive came to be competitive with their contract. They give you the benefits of company without the downsides. You can basically be indie while you grow to the big leagues but get the company buff and reduced cost. If you don't pass niji holo auditions then hey you own your model and everything and still can grow into a bigger sized chuuba

>> No.8967346

>>8962164
I think the view of it is to add more to a resume when you apply for the bigger companies.

It's like a job experience. You might be an independent animator and take commissions, but Disney is most likely not going to take you in just because you don't have the industry experience, so you work for other people making commercials or joining smaller studios. When you gain a good portfolio working with others smaller studios, then you become more appealing to Disney.

So, if a chuuba joins a smaller agency, they might be more appealing for Holo/Niji rather than someone who is an indie, because at least they already understand the basics of having genmates and (if japanese based) game restrictions and keeping a good image for the company. Obviously this isn't always the case, but it's simply how working a ladder to an influential job works.

>> No.8967379 [DELETED] 

>>8966345
>>8966386
what he said
>>8967045
I can!!

>> No.8967493

>>8967346
>most likely not going to take you in just because you don't have the industry experience
for any other established industry i would agree with you but this isn't one of them. Terumi putting Amber Glow on her resume to Holoive would just get it laughed into the rejection pile. pretty much all of the agencies are just bandwagons and nothing more than a pet project funded by a weeb and his crypto money. they're not legitimate agencies and """"experience"""" anyone gets from there would be useless when applying to holo or niji.

>> No.8967597

one of the disocrds im in is doing something really weird and i kind of want to just vent. the main mods are all (i think) LGBT+ and are heavilyshilling another trans vtuber. the lesser mods have gotten involved, everyones pointing raids at them. a stream i was lurking in last week had a raid guide redeem there too.

their model is weird, in the 'let's stand out by being ugly' way and theyre trans but put no effort into doing vocal reps and theyre streams are really fucking boring with lots of dead air. but the supermods are doing collabs but with none of them live, just being on her stream, and are all certain shes going to be the next big thing. i dont know if I'm missing something about them, or if this was a name drawn out of a hat to push for partner or something?

>> No.8967825

>>8967493
i understand the loyalty to terumi since this is /asp/

but you need to accept that terumi was not meant to be an agency chuuba. every single one of her genmates would be able to put amber glow experience on a resume and move upwards. nunki, xiulan, and shura act their parts well and play along with the 'idol' culture. terumi wants to break the mold, and will therefore never join a bigger agency

>> No.8967981

>>8967493
yeah maybe not for holo/niji but it got leaked that one of the amber glows got scouted by tsunderia. a tsunderia talent got into niji, its a ladder

>> No.8968013

>>8967493
I think if it was a trustworthy company with clearly some success they would be considered. For Rosemi, Tsunderia is a reliable company that has released multiple gens and are consistent. With Amber Glow, honestly, not only is that a black company but I would argue it doesn't even feel like one considering I didn't even know it was a company until /vt/ taught me otherwise. They all just feel like a normal friend group and not like a true agency.

If Shiki applied for Holo or Niji I bet they would at the very least make her a finalist. She has the talent and is carrying Prism Project on her back bringing in numbers, which looks good for a big corpo like those two because "hey this chuuba has industry experience already and a company thought she was talented to spend on her, and she's the most popular member. Interesting"

>> No.8969444

I think i'm going to submit an audition just to test how far my theater kid background gets me, if at all

>> No.8969648

I don't want to get scammed on a mic. I want something that's serviceable but only hobbyist level, as I don't intend on doing this as anything other than something on the side for fun.

What are my best options, with that in mind? I know just how easy it is to unintentionally buy a subpar product at a premium based on brand name alone when you start getting into the lower end products, but I also know there's always those one or two products at the lower price range that everyone raves on about for their value.

>> No.8969769

>>8969648
Unironically just get a yeti, it's relatively cheap and works great

>> No.8970012

>>8945327
Im Ugly and want to abandon humanity by converting into a 2D men

>> No.8970734

>>8969648
Check out Fifine, chinkshit is great

>> No.8970848

>>8969648
Samson Q2U is my usual recommendation especially if you have a noisy environment

>> No.8971673

>>8954797
>>8955287
>>8958884
PRISM usually let people know right away if they made it to the next stage, so if they haven't respond yet then you can probably count it as a fail. They don't wait until auditions are over.

>> No.8971751

>>8971673
after shiki i expect some big applicants to prism

>> No.8972780

Last day to apply to KawaPro, they are only 4 months old but all members already got more than 10k subs with the top one on 36k.

Also they have some solid goals regarding new costumes and 3d.

But they are not doing their ads reps very well (you can see it in a positive way actually, given that they are doing pretty well with almost no ads)

>> No.8973369

>>8972780
Adding on, not the original anon but they are a JP company meaning more restrictions regarding things than normal

>> No.8974695

>>8971673
Oh well, I don't see why they would go to all the trouble of digging up my old application days later then. Seems like a waste of time.

>> No.8978351

>>8971673
Damn. Well at least I still have my indie self

>> No.8982090

What kind of chuuba gets an incline and paypigs fast? Lewd GFE?

>> No.8982729

>>8982090
The kind that panders to a specific community by playing a particular niche category of games or series

You'll get a fast immediate incline and then plateau from there

>> No.8984452

>>8945327
It just seems more fun, and grants you a layer of anonymity

>> No.8986375

>>8945327
I'm cute as hell but have a profession that I'd rather not have attached to facecam streaming so I went the vtuber route since I also really enjoy vtubers

>> No.8987105

>>8982090
Lewd GFE, if you can pull it off, is the best route for easy paypigs and inclining but I think going too hard with the lewd can make it too obvious. You GFE and then have moments where you're "suddenly horny" which happens to coincide with when you peak viewership for the stream, then convert back into just GFE and "hahaha, come on guys im seiso~" and just play whatever you were playing.

>> No.8988598

>>8987105
What kind of "horny moments" do you mean?

>> No.8988925

>>8988598
pretend to be bottom left and say things that could interpreted lewdly

>> No.8989864

Surely these threads have some of the highest % of female posters on 4chan

>> No.8990142

>>8989864
It's still a /vt/ thread, so I doubt it

>> No.8991643

Why do western indies love Coco, Marine and Mori so much?

>> No.8992927

>>8991643
i'm a western indie and i don't like any of the three you mentioned. i like kiara

>> No.8993571

>>8991643
I can’t speak for everyone but I like coco and marine just because it’s refreshing to see Japanese girls just be their own brand of sexy and funny rather than seiso.

>> No.8993695

>>8945327
Your viewers can see your facial language without having to see your face. Think of it as a text-to-speech but for faces.

>> No.8993737

>>8991643
I love Marine, her design, voice and horny attitude. She's my second favourite. The rest i haven't watched.

>> No.8993805

Bloom, if you’re around, do you have any advice for singing like you did on I Put A Spell On You? I can’t even figure out what the technical term for that is to Google it, but I’d like to sing like that.

>> No.8994231

>>8987105
Ntayrt, but what sort of design is optimal for that kind of chuuba

>> No.8994590

>>8994231
she has to look very whorish you can take inspiration from your mother

>> No.8995241

>>8994231
dress like any of the f*males /wvt/ links that has a nice body

>> No.8995373

>>8991643
I like Marine because she reminds me of myself. Not even the horniness, more that we share a lot of cultural touchstones and nerd history. It's nice having someone with her interests around.

>> No.8995381

>>8946014
Same

>> No.8996023

Guys... Guys... I think I fucked up.

At work today, leading the daily stand-up call. Over phone, because the office is closed due to ongoing situations. I'd streamed Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday.

Started the team call with "Hello and good morning, welcome to today's stream, just give me a moment to... Wait, what?"

Just completely on autopilot. So far I've had half the squad ping me on Teams asking what's my YT name.

>> No.8996113

>>8996023
haha and fuck you.
Make a burner account and pretend you only did test streams

>> No.8996118

>>8995373
I like that she's an old school nerd, i would love to hear her talk about the otaku culture of the 00's but she won't because she doesn't want to tell her age.

>> No.8997303

hey anons, I'm serching for a nice and cheap webcam, any recomendations?

>> No.8997462

>>8989864
these threads and /wvt/ where chuubas are selfposting are probably some of the more likely ones to have a higher female to male ratio than most other threads, yeaj

>> No.8999006

>>8996023
say it was a joke you retard
"haha I was pretending to be a streamer to spice up today's meeting"

>> No.8999079

>>8996023
Just say you’ve been watching a lot of streamers recently.
Talk about jermas doll house or some shit. No need to spaghetti.

>> No.9000411

>>8997303
use your phone

>> No.9000833

>>8997303
I watched a video on camera comparisons on Vtube studio and basically there's only minute differences between the cheapest webcam and the highest end one. The real gamechange is with an iphone which gives real time tracking. So I'd suggest you use a cheap one you can find on amazon until you get enough money to invest in a high end rig along with a iphone X and beyond.

>> No.9001126
File: 41 KB, 612x408, vocal cords.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8993805
Sorry, didn't see this. Singing like that can be difficult, but here's the way I do it without damaging my voice. Diagram attached for reference.

Whereas for normal (full voice, modal, whatever you want to call it) singing, it's your true vocal cords vibrating, for that kind of singing, you want to be pushing enough air that you're causing not just your true vocal cords to vibrate, but your false vocal folds to vibrate as well. When only your false vocal cords vibrate, that's called your "vocal fry" so you want to be able to combine that effect with your regular voice and air stream.

Basically, you want to be singing in your "normal" voice but with such a great quantity and speed of vocal breath support that you can cause the outer folds of your vocal cords to vibrate sympathetically. This shouldn't feel tiresome or difficult on your voice, but you may need to develop the control to direct your breath that specifically.

You could also try screaming with wild abandon, but that's a good way to hurt yourself, and I don't recommend that. Hope this helps! It's fun to experiment with your voice and discover all the many different sounds it can make.

>> No.9004293

>>8999079
>>8999006
Just went with >>8996113's idea, told them it was just trying to make games more interesting, but was only recording locally for now, so didn't have anything, but if they wanted to watch a 5-hour video of Stellaris, I'd be happy for them to provide feedback.

They've all politely bowed out.

>> No.9005210

>>8996023
The final yab…
>>9001126
This makes a lot of sense, thank you.

>> No.9005815
File: 23 KB, 332x450, lainSad.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I need some community management advice

I have 2 regulars who've recently started dating. One of them is a major simp of mine and the other is clearly annoyed at this and will start being passive-aggressive whenever their SO shows any affection for me

It hasn't reached a point of them being actually abusive, just sandbagging everything I do. It's getting annoying and feels like it just brings the whole mood of the chat down

Even so I'm afraid of coming across as a powertripping ass, or lose someone who's been one of the most present and supportive people in my community

What do?

>> No.9006232

>>9005815
I'll be honest, that sounds like comedically awful situation to be in. I don't know anything about community management, but it might be better to bring this up now before these feelings of jealousy build up and get worse, which is likely going to happen

>> No.9006646

>>9005815
No idea how to deal with that other than reaching out and asking them to tone it down a bit.

>> No.9007237

Is something like a Stream Deck a worthwhile investment?

>> No.9007270

my audition videos got viewed while i was asleep. a solid 1-2 minutes more retention than the one i submitted for tsunderia. the grind never stops, /asp/

>> No.9007320

>>9007237
it's nice to have, but only if you're really looking to take advantage of macros that require a quick hotkey. if you're not doing much, you're better off just manually doing things or using keyboard hotkeys with a numberpad

>> No.9007379

>>9007320
That's about what I figured. I had an idea in my head for swapping between multiple edits of my model quickly, or to highlight them, in order to do something like staging a play, and wondered if that might help, but there's no reason I couldn't do that with my keyboard numpad.

>> No.9007422

>>9007237
I know streamers who get good use from it, especially if you want to be switching scenes pretty frequently on OBS or something. It’s not necessary though, and it might be more worthwhile to spend that money on something else.

>> No.9008673

>>9005815
are you a LainTuber?

>> No.9008727

>>9007270
My favorite thing is several coming back to my videos regularly but not getting contacted. Aaaaa why do they do this to meee

>> No.9009099

I would like to complain into the void of 4chan a second.

Between school, planning streams, commissions, and releasing a music video every week to keep my youtube channel from dying, I'm finding very very little time for myself to not be constantly tired and anxious.

I am very grateful for everyone in my community, and all the love, support and kindness that everyone's shown me, but I know that if I stop producing, I'll fall behind, and if I stop studying, I'll fail my courses ( and have no real job after my vtuber career inevitably dies ).

There is a price to pay for everything that's worth having, and I'm paying the price with my literal blood, sweat and tears. Everyone from my friends to my fans keep telling me to take a break, but the last time I took a break, someone in my own fanbase decided to take all my active members, and move on with them into a separate discord server.

Obviously I didn't challenge anyone on this, and just let it happen because what people choose to do with their own time is up to them, but it sure did teach me a lesson about going on hiatuses. If you want your career to survive- you don't, because opportunistic people ( and waning interests ) WILL catch you off guard.

I'm not looking for any advice or comforting (you)s, I just wanted to complain somewhere anonymous where my words will bear no consequences.

So, /asp/, I am tired. My numbers are thriving, my content is getting better by the week, I feel loved by my friends and my fans, and I'm still somehow barely still doing well in college. But either my body or my mind is literally going to give out any day now.

>> No.9009209

>>9009099
I'm in awe at your digits.
You sound like a very ambitious person. You are still learning valuable skills both as a vtuber and irl. You'll be fine.

>> No.9009712

I just finished karaoke and it was my worst one so far, only 5 on peak usually being over 10, even my regulars didn't stay, feels like I should give up

>> No.9009967

>>8991643
They're the ones who they've gotten clips of recommended to them

>> No.9010079

>>9009712
Was this your usual timeslot? Try not to get discouraged from one stream being off.

>> No.9010097

how popular are japanese learning streams anyaway

>> No.9010159

>>9009712
If it does not bring you joy, eliminate it. But try to eliminate all confounding factors first.

>> No.9010166

>>9010079
Pretty much, yes :c usually not many people come to my streams, more to karaoke and it feels like I messed up this one maybe?

>> No.9010233

>>9010159
It does, it brings me more joy than playing games/chatting/drawing, but it feels discouraging since lately my low numbers get even lower, less people watch than right after debut

>> No.9010912

>>9010166
>>9010233
You might've just gotten unlucky on that day. Maybe more important things were happening or there was a big stream someone wanted to catch, it isn't necessarily your fault. Still, it'd be good to ask questions, like what all are you singing? Are you good or does your singing have SOUL? Who else is on at the same time as you? Are your viewers school-aged? etc.

>> No.9011109

>>9007422
>>9007237
I've not used it yet, but I found this being passed around various Vtuber resource posts.
https://obsproject.com/forum/resources/lioranboard-stream-deck-animator.862/

>> No.9012917

>>9006232
I'm pretty sure if I brought it up directly they'd deny it, they're kinda stupid like that

>>9006646
I've told them a few times and even timed them out but they haven't seemed to learn a thing

>>9008673
I love Lain but I don't really rock that kinda aesthetic

>> No.9014195

Every day I look around, and I see people succeed. Every day, it could have been me, if only I started last week. If only I started in 2016. If only I started drawing as a kid....
Don't be me, /asp/. Start streaming now. Even if it is just for yourself.

>> No.9014621

what's easier to learn, drawing or singing?

>> No.9015308

>>9014621

anyone can learn to draw with enough practice, not everyone can sing well even with practice

>> No.9015401

>>9014621
Whatever you enjoy more will be easier to learn in the long run

>> No.9015531

>>9014621
>>9015308
Singing is also a mechanical skill, so even if you're completely ungifted, it can be learned. Drawing is probably easier, though you can definitely still learn to sing. Everyone should sing though, it's more important to sing than to sing well.

>> No.9015575

>>9014621
I agree with >>9015308 on drawing, but I just want to add that I think anyone can learn to sing well, but not every one has a suitable voice for singing.

That being said, I've found that you can hold an audience better with slightly above average singing as opposed to slightly above average drawing

>> No.9015836

>>8991643
I like Coco because I hate the PRC with a passion

>> No.9015945

>>9014195
I'd stream again, if I wasn't busy brute force learning to edit my last stream for youtube. Also realizing that optimizing shitpost levels is kinda fun if not time consuming.

>> No.9016239

Skima is cool for those that want to start as png tubers and don't have a chara design in mind

>> No.9016287

>>9015575
>>9015575
thats interesting, I've found the opposite to be true.

I feel like it's easier to notice when someone is a mediocre singer, whereas the range for what is considered "good" art is wider, u can impress people with less

>> No.9017739

>>9016287
It's definitely easier to impress at a lower skill in art, I don't disagree with what you're saying at all.

But I'm moreso thinking of it from the perspective of a streaming audience. Art/drawing streams are more niche, and you'll have a harder time holding the attention of viewers. Contrast that with even mediocrely singing meme songs like bakamitai, rickroll, country roads etc.

>> No.9018235

>>9017739
When you put it that way, yeah, I can see that

singing definitely has more of a pull, especially when viewers identify with the songs in some way

>> No.9020223

Is there any point to applying to a company that isn't Nijisanji if you're a male?

>> No.9020352

>>9020223
CyberLive is taking male auditions

>> No.9020729

>>9017739
>Art/drawing streams are more niche, and you'll have a harder time holding the attention of viewers

According to Sullygnome, my Art streams see me way down in the categories - around 200th. In comparison, my normal games get me around top ten, and my retro games get me #1 spot. But the ONLY two streams I have more popular than my 'watch me make my schedule and go-live posts' was my affiliate debut, and the one stream I got raided by a group of 20 who stuck around.

Art's a major buff.

>> No.9021514

Anyone is getting views on their vshojo apps?

>> No.9022922

>>9020352
all companies are "taking" male auditions, they have to or people will throw a fit.

>> No.9024079

>>9021514
I got one to check I’d said the “hello vshojo” bit at the beginning but no views actually watching the audition yet.

>> No.9025521

>>9020729
I haven’t used sullygnome before, what do you mean by your art streams see you way down in the categories?

as in, you get viewers even when youre low on the list?

>> No.9025817

How about phase connect apps, how are people's views on those? I got a couple views on mine, one with decent watch time.

>> No.9026949

>>8967597
>tfw trans vtuber
could you link that discord anon? (please say yes, it would be cool if you said yes)

>> No.9029768

>>9025817
Got some views on Phase, zero on vshojo

>> No.9030509

>tfw cant stream because I live with my family, dont have a room and they cant fucking talk like normal people, they yell all the time. I hate women

>> No.9031702

i got a view on my kawaii audition videos already if anyone's wondering about whether they're looking at videos already

>> No.9031846

>>9030509
almost same exact situation except the yelling is from the tv streaming really loud asian dramas

>> No.9034455

how do i go viral?

>> No.9034889

>>9034455
catch the kung flu

>> No.9035079

>>9034455
be talented and have someone clip you saying some stupid shit out of context

>> No.9035177

>>9034889
kek
>>9035079
don't want to be like vshojo and have my clips be just pee pee poo poo. i want to go really viral.

>> No.9035797

First I dropped my first sketch artist, and the second one did wonderful
Then I have to drop my Live2D artist, and the second one is already doing a better job

>> No.9035950

>>9034455
become the DSP of vtubing

>> No.9036577

>>9035950
>DSP
who?

>> No.9036703

I sent in my audition to Prism and haven't gotten any response, just a few views. They viewed my last audition more. It's safe to assume I didn't make it right?

I think I'm going to try applying for Phase Connect now rather than waste my time waiting for Prism.

>> No.9037267

>>9036577
digital signal processing
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_signal_processing
it's pretty interesting, if you're into that kind of stuff

>> No.9037466
File: 34 KB, 259x194, 1619753104953.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9035950
dude who is really bad at fighting games and also beat his dick off on stream once

>> No.9038392

>>9036703
They did say they planned to contact people who passed by the end of September, not within two weeks.

>> No.9039449

>>9037466
That doesn't happen in real life right? That's just a meme. Nobody can actually forget their streaming....right?

>> No.9040531

>>9039449
It happened, he went for a pre-stream fap but hit the live button too early.

>> No.9040673

>>9040531
Ew.

>> No.9040712

Do i attempt to join a small company with the sole intent of jumping ship to niji or just wait for niji to have more auditions? I'm legitimately so torn. The former feels shitty, but the latter feels like just dumb overconfidence.

>> No.9040897

>>9040712
Think of it like any other job, anon. How do you get experience if you don't get the chance to get experience? Most sane adults will understand if you jump ship to niji or holo if you have the opportunity.

That being said, joining a company just to leave it less than a year later is pretty shit on your co-workers.

If you join a small company, go in with the expectation of staying for at least a year.

>> No.9041409

>>9040897
What about if I have the experience already? I'm not the other anon, but I feel similarly.

>> No.9041465

>>9041409
>if I have the experience already?
then just go indie?

>> No.9041471

>>9040897
>t. Slugma

>> No.9041569

>>9040897
>>9041409
Ask yourself what you're trying to accomplish, how far along you are, and if you'll genuinely put out content that helps you further that goal if you go into a gig with the sole intent of not being there long-term.

Like the other anons said, it's like a job. If you go somewhere solely to pad your resume, people are usually able to tell as much.

Along with that, making the assumption that you'll even be ABLE to jump over to Niji in less than a year with the countless number of other indies and company talents trying to do exactly what you're doing is just as naive as having no plan at all. You may be "stuck" with this company you don't intend to be a part of for much longer than you thought.

>> No.9042612

>>9040712
The flower did it. So it works, at the very least. You might get a dedicated group of people who don't like you though.

>> No.9043460

>>8967597
>she
Don't worry anon they are eventually going to 41% themselves

>> No.9043496

>>9014621
You can have fun learning to sing but learning to draw it's a chore

>> No.9044705

Going to sound like a complete sperg, but how did you guys decide on your character’s personality? I’m not sure how far to push away from my own. On one hand, I don’t want to just be myself with a model, but on the other, I don’t know if acting totally different than I normally do would be sustainable for long periods of time.

>> No.9044967

>>9044705
I'm just a bigger version of myself. How i wish i could act if people wouldn't treat me like a total goof for it in real life. But i don't think this is a question anyone can answer for you, you have to do whatever you're comfortable with.

>> No.9045350

>>9044705
When I decided on my theme and what my character was I literally just chose something I thought was cool

>> No.9046035

https://www.twitch.tv/hasmekiel

I'm currently testing my audio balancing. It seemed fine when I recorded but I'm not sure if it will translate well while streaming

>> No.9046074

Game sound too loud. Sorry can't comment on twitch.

>> No.9046101

>>9046035
>>9046074
oops sorry i am a bit sleepy. I really like your character though.

>> No.9046131

>>9039449
best part is he did it twice

>> No.9046704

>>9046074
thanks, my other friend said it was fine so I thought we were good.
>>9046101
Don't worry about it! I posted during off hours cause it was the only time I could stream without much noise going on in the background. Glad you liked my design.

I kinda picked a game that gets me motion sick if I play too long so its a pretty short test stream.
Good news is I probably won't be playing apex/valorant since I get dizzy when I play those

>> No.9046936

>>9046704
Do you have a twitter or something? i liked your voice, looking forward to more of your streams

>> No.9047861
File: 32 KB, 839x432, Sully.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9025521
Sorry, I'd gone to bed.

So <=here's a screenshot from Sullygnome, showing my 'twitch rank' in green and 'game rank' in blue for my streams.

For Art, I peaked at 190th highest position in the category, which is my lowest peak in a single category since starting. But I hit 12,700th position on Twitch, which is my highest point since starting.

Video editing didn't go nearly as high, because I wasn't able to pay anywhere near as much attention to chat, which is why it droops towards the end of the stream.

>> No.9047883

>>9026949
vtbootcamp. on phone, so can't dig out the link RN, but search on twitter, you should be able to find a link somewhere.

>> No.9047947

What's the shortest and cheapest way to becoming a proto vtuber if you just want to go "fuck it, let's give this a try"? Just commison artwork for a character and become a pngtuber? I don't want to fully commit by getting a proper avatar, just something to layer over the stream and just give it a shot.

>> No.9048083

>>9047947
Draw the pngs yourself (or take an image online and draw an open mouth) and stream. Literally the shortest way.

>> No.9048137
File: 2.09 MB, 1923x4067, ChuubaResized.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Finally Finished the model, now i just need to rig it. I feel like it will filter people but it's the best i can do with my artistic abilities.

>> No.9048155

>>9047947
Either find a free-use/public domain character image (like Power Nelson); or make your own in paint. You really can just draw up something scuffed and shitty, but it might not spook off viewers if you have no skills in art.

>> No.9048243
File: 185 KB, 600x600, download20210903114014.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9047947
you can use piccrew to make a character. It's really fun and there are tons of options.

>> No.9048583

>>9048243
>>9048155
Guess i'll do something like that. I've never tried streaming before so i just want to try it out.

>> No.9048606

How do you even come up with a name for yourself, i spend like 3 hours naming myself in rpg games but this is way more important than that.

>> No.9049395

>>9048137
I like the color scheme! Excited to see her in action.

>> No.9050362

>>9046936
https://twitter.com/Hasmekiel
Sorry, my power went out for a while. Feel free to follow when I get around to posting my schedule for a proper stream

>> No.9050480

>>9048606
if you like spending hours getting nothing of note done, behindthename is a lot of fun. otherwise, try thinking about what image you want to convey. an “augustus” is going to come across very differently than an “axel.” i’d expect an augustus to be a little snooty and nerdy, while for an axel i’d be ready for a more edgy, energetic sort. what’s your personality like, and how do you get that message across?
if there’s a name that’s almost right, but not quite, plug it into magicbabynames and flip through the results.
as a side note, i like names with nicknamimg potential. gives your audience an easy way to feel more attached to you.

>> No.9050742

>>9047883
Watch out that group is run by follow4follow weirdos. Never fall into a f4f trap it only benefits the assholes at the top

>> No.9051075

>>9048243
Be careful with Picrew, many specifically state not for commercial use, and Twitch easily falls into that. You can use it for a base and something to help an artist create a simple PNG for you, but I'd recommend not using a Picrew as-is.

>> No.9052131

>>9050742
ive found it really helped get me off the ground and I've made friends with a small number of other smaller streamers. i ignore all the mod streams because they just collab with each other and hyper each other up. i dont know what their recent push with buffykat is. i think theyre going to move through top creators to get a partner and then make taem? but bk has around 20 viewers so is long away. i dont know why they push her. the trick with f4f weirdos is to find others who know and work with or leech from them and not people on top.

they pushed me from 17 followers on twitch and average of 2 to 99 followers and average of 7. still not made it but on way.

>> No.9053702

To the chuuba asking on Twitter about the intuitivity of their handle and if having a "real name" would be better, because twitter character limits suck:

From what I understand of branding (which is fuck-all, mind you, so this is all pure conjecture), it's most important to have a recognizable name, that is, a name that is easily searched for, easy to spell, and not common. Many get away with common names (Tide, Dawn, and Pledge come to mind), but there aren't a slew of other people that also have those names in their market, so it's okay. They also have legal teams that can execute people who get too close to their trademarks, though.

For chuubas that do not have the benefit of million-dollar legal teams, there can be plenty of confusion when common names are used (Lumi as an example of a name where two chuubas commonly talked about in /wvt/ use it, plus countless more because it's a 'pretty' name), so choosing something unusual is important (which you have).

Having a short-form name that's fast and easy to spell is also important so it's easy to talk about you and shill you. It's best if you can choose one that won't be confused for other chuubas (Charlotte is called a bear, and there are a bunch of bear chuubas, for example, but teruteru is called tissue and there are no other tissue chuubas). Technical jargon may work in your case if you can call yourself something recognizable and referential (camel for camel casing or regex for the obvious reason, maybe), but it's most important that whatever short-form name you pick has a strong connection to your brand (who you are, what you do, something immediately recognizable upon interacting with your content—"oh, that's why they're called X!")

I prefer keeping my twitch and twitter handles the same so I don't clutter my schedule and stuff with social links, and it's much easier when the name is identical across platforms, but that's up to you. I don't think it's that big of a deal, but it is a little bit of friction in the machine, so to speak.

Also, I like your voice and the games you stream even if I haven't caught you live yet.

>> No.9055207

>>9048137
Looking forward to it! Make sure to drop your links when you're ready. Looks great!

>> No.9055276

Any /here/ chuubas do ASMR? Can you give me ideas on what filters to set up for OBS? If I use my standard set-up, it doesn't really work at all

>> No.9055329

>>9048137
actually super cute, anon.

>> No.9056541

>>9053702
Thank you for your input. That all makes sense. I already label all my stream assets as RegEx, so I figured I'd probably push some variation of that as a nickname if I didn't go for a "real name."

And I'm happy to hear you like my voice and game choices. I'm still figuring a lot of things out, so my streams are really messy and inconsistent. I'll keep working on it, though. Thanks again!

>> No.9060025

>>9056541
RegEx is good branding and easy to say. You could even go by "Reg" or "Reggie" as a nickname.

>> No.9060522

>>9056541
Just don't forget to add the "Princess" to the front of it.

>> No.9060705

>>9051075
just trace over it yourself in krita. for gods sake dont pay an artist for a fucking .png
if you are gonna spend money atleast get something fully rigged

>> No.9061668
File: 51 KB, 960x500, Shaggy-Powered.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Is there a free way to stream from an ipad to my PC? Figure I might as well stream my mobileshit but I'm not sure how to go about it

>> No.9061837

Which agency with an EN branch would be the easiest to pump-and-dump?

>> No.9061968

>>9061668
Yes there's a couple different software you can download to your computer I used to do it to stream procreate. There's also YouTube videos explaining the process as well

>> No.9062083
File: 97 KB, 497x361, 1594002497248.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I want to make English practice streams. What are some good ideas outside of Duolingo? I was thinking of playing VNs and reading weird Wikipedia articles to practice my spoken English. I feel like my written English is decent enough to communicate my ideas but i have never practiced speaking it, and it shows.

>> No.9062109

>>9062083
Playing a VN is a fun idea.

>> No.9062770

>>9062083
play games on english, that's how I learnt it, being clueless is ok

>> No.9062870

>>9062770
What kind of games do you recommend? i was thinking on playing RPGmaker games since they seem to be short too.

>> No.9064092

does anyone else find it super fucking weird that prism project and kawaii auditions both have a handful of the same questions, word for word? should i copy and paste my answers from kawaii? or rewrite them entirely? shit’s sus

>> No.9064170

>>9064092
They're probably just stock job-application questions.

>> No.9064763
File: 104 KB, 1000x1000, 20210901_140459.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I love this panda

>> No.9065086

>>9062083
>>9062870
Games: https://vgperson.com/games/ The traditional go-to for RPGmaker, vgperson does great translation work and selects high-quality games so you can trust their judgement (just make sure the game isn't YAB like Mogeko Castle)
https://fuwanovel.net/novels/ Great site for getting VNs in English, although I can't make any recommendations since I haven't played a VN in over a decade.
https://itch.io/games/free/genre-visual-novel (I have no recommendations here, play to your tastes) Good for unknown content that you can stream, so you aren't doing something everyone else has done.
https://nomnomnami.itch.io/lonely-wolf-treat I can recommend this series, the games are really cute and short. May attract a crowd you don't want to, though, much like the itch.io VNs.
https://kittyhorrorshow.itch.io/ Really, really good short-form horror games that can be light or heavy on text, also highly relevant for Spooktember/Spooktober streams.

Make sure you take regular, short breaks while reading during the game to give your thoughts or to provide your own commentary. Too many people get caught-up just reading and forget they're supposed to be the main attraction.

>> No.9065238

>>9065086
Oh, forgot to mention that fuwanovel stuff is usually pretty long, so skip that unless you want a commitment. VNs from itch.io are usually pretty short, so they're a safer bet for completing in a single stream.

>> No.9065598

>>9065086
>>9065238
Thank you a lot, this is very useful!!! I was thinking about starting with Higurashi which i know is super long but i have always wanted to play it.

>> No.9066001

Would a csgo focused chuuba have any appeal if i'm /m/ale or should i just do regular facecam streams?

>> No.9066052

>>9066001
are you good?

>> No.9066267

>>9066052
GN1

>> No.9066608

>>9066267
i don't know what that means and i don't care. CSGO is already a bloated game with thousands of streamers. no one is going to care about a no name when they can just watch some pro.

>> No.9066704

>>9066267
GNM/MG1+ is where I'd actively tune into a CSGO chuuba for CSGO, but people might tune in if you make it a story arc of you getting to Master Guardian.

>> No.9066844

>>9066267
to attract viewers in the big title games you have to either be really good, be entertaining, or consistently stream like 60 hours a week

basically pick 2 out of the 3, otherwise u dont stand a chance

>> No.9067441

>>9066844
This actually has a lot to do with why i considered becoming a chuuba, i regularly stream without model or facecam, and get 2views, they told me they are there mostly for watching me banter with people in SoloQ because they find it funny, and it made me realize that by not having a model or facecam i'm putting focus on my GN1 gameplay, when i should be making my personality the focus
>>9066704
Thanks anon, will keep it in mind

>> No.9068885

>>9031702
I did too, but no message
Actually I kinda messed up and I am not sure which mail I sent it from and I dunno where to look for any mail LOL

>> No.9068983

>>9044705
Me but not depressed LOL
Also I refrain from swearing and lewd jokes so like better me

>> No.9069374

>>9048137
999/10 would head pat

>> No.9073804

Did any of you guys actually go for vshojo?
I wonder how popular the audition is even going to be. Niji level?

>> No.9074962

>>9073804
I didn't bother, since I don't think I'd be a good fit with them. Curious to hear from anyone who did apply, though.

>> No.9077605

>>9073804
Nah I'm convinced the audition is just a formality and they'll end up hiring one of their friends anyway

>> No.9079575

Hey /asp/s who are now regularly streaming, did you do a "debut stream"? I'm wondering the merits of putting an effort to marketing yourself before putting out any content rather than just make a short introductory video and just keep pushing out content and market those instead.

>> No.9080338

>>9079575
Start streaming, do a re-debut with some excuse once you've picked up a little bit of steam and actually built up at least a minimal viewership.

>> No.9080359

>>9044705
It's me but I talk while playing video games and have catchphrases and a vague backstory.

>> No.9080840

>>9065598
Higurashi is basically just a book. A very good book, but I can't recommend it for a vtuber stream unless you treat it as such. There are no options or anything even pretending to be gameplay segments.
I would recommend Little Busters from Key if you want a good VN that remembers to pretend to be a video game sometimes. It's also got a story in most routes that a viewer would be able to jump in and out of with ease.

>> No.9081934

>>9079575
Nope, I just started streaming. Glad I did.

>> No.9081970

>>9079575
Nah I pretty much just jumped right into it and it took me like three full streams before I started getting comfortable with it

>> No.9082697

>>9079575
You will get more eyes doing a "debut" stream bc people like events. So you'll probably get a good amount of viewers and some followers bc of it, but just remember that it won't stay

>> No.9086329

>>9079575
no, debut streams are dumb and overrated. they're good if you're larping as a vtuber and just want to pretend. there's a fairly active discord of ENVtubers and they have so many people debuting every day most are lucky to hit 20 viewers now. might have worked last year but not anymore.

>> No.9091643

what demographic of viewer is most profitable?

>> No.9092014

>>9091643
millennials since they're the ones with jobs. play on the nostalgia buff. maybe some older zoomers who have side jobs in college. but it's hard to target them on their own because you'll end up in general zoomer territory.

>> No.9092497

>>9073804
Who knows. They're pretty big but I'm not sure myself if people will audition for them as hard as Holo or Niji. Their model looks about picking up already popular indies and bring them in rather than invest in new voices. I don't think many /here/ auditioned for them given the contempt boards have for Nyanners.

>> No.9093303

>>9092497
I'm auditioning for the meme.

>> No.9093473

>>8937215

followup (in archives, post about my friend wanting to join a vtuber agency)
>>8227607

she got invited to the interview process in an agency (phase 2 basically) so that's a good start. It's an ID agency though and I think it's quite small, but I guess it's a good way for her to start making content

>> No.9093956

>>9079575
i did a debut stream but didn't do any networking or anything so i had 1 viewer the whole time who was a friend that i told that i was becoming a vtuber

>> No.9094091

>>9093303
If vshojo is actually going to back up whoever auditions for them for the love of god, don't commission the guy that made Nyanners new 3D model and Ironmouse's swimsuit model. Both look so fucking bad.
But let's be real here they will only take in already stablished indies we know vshojo doesn't want to play vtuber raising simulator.

>> No.9094184

Yo if anyone needs an amateur musician to do music stuff for their channel I'm always open. No need to pay me, I'm trying to get some experience.

>> No.9094575

>>9094184
how good are you at noise

>> No.9095807

>>9094575
Noise?

>> No.9096094

>>9095807
noise, like, merzbow, deathpile, whitehouse, brainbombs, or maybe adjacent genres like power noise, harsh electronic, more extreme gabber/speedcore, grindcore, etc.

>> No.9096269

>>9096094
Nah sorry, not really familiar

>> No.9096718

>>9079575
Debut streams only work when you've got a bit of a following. I did mine after hitting affiliate, and even that was too early.

I turned it into a long stream, playing through Portal 2 in a single sitting, and did my debut/lore after the first chapter, to give people time to turn up. But I hadn't shilled myself hard in advance. Did still get triple raided, and all founder badges taken by end of stream, though.

>> No.9096851

>>9094184
what kind of music stuff do you do?

>> No.9096908

>>9073804
I applied. I probably have the highest shot of getting in out of people /here/ but I honestly think it’s way out of my league. It would be nice to get in though.

>> No.9097007

streaming is hard, bros. i want to help everyone make it, but i can't even help myself make it.

>> No.9097784

>>9097007
Nah, streaming is easy.
Getting people to watch you is hard.

>> No.9098185

>>9097784
Same thing

>> No.9098189

Hey there, fellow /asp/ies. How are your growths lately? Did anything funny or make you feel happy happen recently?

>> No.9098729

>>9096908
>highest shot
Krimbo? Or who?

>> No.9098766

>>9096851
I can mix and create compositions. So if you wanna do covers and want it to sound more professional I can do that. If you want original songs I can also do that. I can make electronic genres like Chinese EDM, Tropical House or just general idol stuff. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UyOTEHq1Ip5JiJYbtorMARVxrq9Ni0At/view?usp=sharing Kinda like this.

>> No.9098830

>>9098189
I hit 100 followers this morning, which is nice. Checking Sully/Twitchtracker, I haven't really been inclining, but I have steady growth.
Been adding social media and sources, so I now have the latest sub/follower/bit on screen, and the place I wanted to order an upgraded PC from has a 15% off sale, so I'm going for a stupidly OP rig... Which means I can move on from being a reactive PNG playing ten-year old games!

>> No.9098843

I really have come to terms with the fact that the biggest reason why i want to be a streamer is for ego. It's not because it's fun, it's not because it's profitable. It's just because i genuinely just want people talking about me. I want to be able on a thread and see people making shit up or making theories about me, see people laughing at my streams, making memes about me. But most importantly, i want them to be talking about ME.

>> No.9099044

>>9098766
This actually sounds pretty good, got a twitter to follow or something? I'm not necessarily looking for anything right now, but it'd be nice to know who to go to if the need ever arises!

>> No.9099280

>>9099044
Yeah I got a soundcloud https://soundcloud.com/qlight123

and Youtube but I haven't done much stuff on here, might in the future. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3wz7zUYHZP853F7jW_ROXw

>> No.9099692

>>9094184
>>9098766
>no need to pay me
nah this is the classic amateur mistake dude. if you can provide a service, you should charge for it. don't give your time out for free.

>> No.9099795

>>9099692
Fine $5 please someone hire me

>> No.9100071

>>9098830
Congrats, anon! I’m proud of you.

>> No.9100134

>>9098843
i think a lot of people who want to stream feel this way but won't admit it to themselves

>> No.9100510

>>9091643
Divorced mentally unstable boomers

>> No.9100932

>>9099280
I was hoping through songs on your sound cloud and, uh, are the most recent 4 posted all the same song at just varied tempos with different names? They seem.. extremely similar.

>> No.9101166

Is there a market for reverse babinikus?

>> No.9101226

>>9079575
Yes and no.
I started streaming on YT in March to absolutely zero viewers and I took it as a trial by fire sort of experience - if I can handle streaming to the void for however long it takes, I can handle anything that post-debut throws at me, is the thought process I had.
When I moved to Twitch, I used that opportunity to do a model (not L2D) reveal at the same time, which was sort of like a debut. Because by that point I had found asp, that one got some decent numbers. Streams afterwards would fall off again but numbers were still higher than before on YT.
I'm now working towards an actual, proper "debut" but I'm not treating it like a "wow first stream" sort of thing, I'm taking it as a "now I can do this at full power, with L2D, proper overlays, transitions, effects, and everything". Everything that I do until then is purely focused on developing streaming skill/comfort and content planning, with minimal attention on aesthetics unless it's part of the content itself. I'm still using a free asset background, self-made logo/overlays and I don't even have a game overlay but I'm building up parts of my eventual setup as I go.

tl;dr debuts are fine, but indies don't work the same way that big corpos do. Corpos can start off with a debut because their predecessors already did the brand-building work for them - you as an indie still have to do that brand-building work first in order for the debut to be a success. Consider again Tokino Sora who debuted to fuck all but created the pathway for Holo's success now

>> No.9102208

>>9100932
Nah I just don't really like deviating too much in my styles. But yeah some of the instruments are really similar.

>> No.9104326

>>9101226
This feels like such a stupid question, so I'm sorry in advance.

Currently, I'm using an old PC that's battered to shit. It has low specs, runs most old games in medium at best, and can't handle new games in anything but low. Sometimes, it can't even handle them at that point when streaming.

I got a promotion in my day job, and I'm dropping $4k on an upgraded everything, not even just for streaming, but for VRdefinitely not porn. I'll finally be able to run pretty much all I need on it. I'll also be looking to get a L2D or vroid model in the future, because my PC will be able to handle them without exploding.

Is it worth doing a 'new PC debut'; and running high end games with a high-end avatar, and splurging for new overlays? Or should I do it more piecemeal, and add things one step at a time?

>> No.9105725 [SPOILER] 
File: 317 KB, 628x587, Hospawtal.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I know not my blog, but I've mentioned her here before. Dog is back from hospital (on so many pain meds), but she's on the mend. Spilered because she's not an anime girl

>> No.9106638

is the witcher 3 a nice game to stream or nah?
it's cheap on steam so I was thinking on buying it and streaming

>> No.9110304

>>9101166
just be a reverse trap or some tomboyish character if you're doing that

>> No.9110353

>>9080338
That's what I did, with a redebut with new model

>> No.9110417

>>9098189
After getting discouraged on karaoke I did another stream next day with average 5 and 9 on peak, that's a little better yay

>> No.9110615

>>9105725
cute sheltie

>> No.9110730

If your design has leggings or socks its immediately shit tier.
barelegs, shoes optional.

>> No.9111318

I'm almost already at 100 followers and I haven't even done an affiliate celebration yet, what the fuck stop following me

>> No.9111513

>>9110730
F E E T

>> No.9111802

I wanna start streaming again, this time with a model I made in 2 mins in vroid, wanna make a portfolio so i can join either niji or holostars

>> No.9112711

>>9111802
At least use some booth fucking textures to look less garbage and don't wear a hoodie, getting 2min basic vroid model gets you nothing

>> No.9113464
File: 328 KB, 800x983, 1623426800127.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9110730
You couldn't have a shittier opinion if you tried.

>> No.9113525

>>9113464
homochromia is cringe and people only do it because they're scared of being cringe

>> No.9113702

>>9113525
Only reason I gave my model heterochromia is because my model is literally just a self-portrait and has all the traits I do IRL.

>> No.9113793

>>9113702
twin eater

>> No.9114402

Been thinking of starting a youtube channel, thing is I kinda want to do more than just stream games so that means I like to do some short videos as well about things (probably like 10-20 minute reviews, or clip compilations, or talking about stuff)

The thing is: Is it feasible to do both types on one channel or will that fuck me in the ass by some Youtube algorithm? Do I have to make a separate channel for streams or VODs? I know some content creators out there that have a second channel for streams and stuff.

I kinda don't want to have a second channel since that seems like more work, or chances are that any potential viewers would be split on which ones to follow.

>> No.9114715

>>9114402
stream on twitch, highlights and clips on yt channel, dump vods on vod only channel

as an indie no one is going to watch ur full length vods and keeping them on ur main channel adds unnecessary clutter

>> No.9114734

>>9098189
Ive yet to break 10 average viewers over a 30 day period, but I've noticed that more frequently on certain types on content that I've been able to hit double digit viewers without any raids which is nice

>> No.9114970

>>9114715
I don't like twitch so that's out of the options, sadly.

What if I stream on the main channel and then upload vods on the second one?

>> No.9115341

>>9114970
thats a tougher call, some people would prefer the niji/holo method of everything on one channel

but if u want to create content that includes compilations, highlights, or traditional youtube stuff it may get drowned out by ur vods

i suppose it mostly depends on the ratio of ur other content uploads to ur vod uploads

>> No.9115481

>>9113525
see my character has heterochromia because I'm no homo

>> No.9118320
File: 35 KB, 346x365, 1628297430562.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Comission artist a week and a half ago
>Artist says my comission will take until the end of October to complete
>Get an email 15 minutes ago
>"Hey, I had some spare time :D"
>Everything is already completed
>Artist is now trying to convince me to play F/GO through shitty google translations since they're JOP
I feel blessed and extremely scared at the same time. Artists...Really are amazing, huh?

>> No.9119584

>>9104326
You can honestly find any reason to a celebration stream and if you have enough of a network then people will come to it, but if not having an adequate PC is actively hampering your ability to create content you should probably just come out with it and use it to improve the quality of your streams.

Also not to say that it's a dumb idea, but I can't say I've seen a PC debut before. Usually common debuts are for some sort of character-related reveal, whether that's a design, model or outfit. Anything that is very front-end makes for good debut material, more backend stuff like a computer might be more just a "celebration" instead.

>> No.9122607

>>9119584
PC celebration is cool desu

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action