[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vt/ - Virtual Youtubers

View post   

File: 840 KB, 855x855, auds11.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
832858 No.832858 [Reply] [Original]

/auds/ Thread #11

Question of the Thread: How are you planning your digital marketing campaign? Even a basic understanding of social media marketing can help. How are you make sure that the algorithms work in your favor?

What is /auds/?
A thread where we discuss our vtuber aspirations! Where it's agency-based or independent, let's help each other grow and make it as entertainers. Indies are welcome to join, but shill responsibility. Share what knowledge, insights, what works/doesn't work for you.

FAQ:
Do I need an expensive rigged Live2D model to be a vtuber?
You do not! A simple .png avatar can be enough to get started.

Where can I learn how to Live2D rig avatars?
Brian Tsui of Iron Vertex has many tutorials available on his youtube channel

Resources:
/auds/ OP Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/zuUBUbGG
Static 2D avatars - a simple png in the corner of your screen is plenty!

Voice Activated 'Animation' Software (だれでもVtuber)(JP only)
https://96enu.booth.pm/items/2362820

3D Avatars
VRoid Studio (treat this more like a character designer and not a fully fledged modeler)

FACE TRACKING SOFTWARE
>Live2D SOFTWARE
Facerig (with Live2D module)
Animaze - PrprLive - VUP

>3D SOFTWARE (.vrm format)
VSeeFace - Wakaru - 3tene -VUP

Stay grounded, stay hopeful.

Previous thread >>765853

>> No.832898
File: 1.24 MB, 924x924, rushiamicrophone.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

[Microphone Copy Pasta]

Here's a few tips for all of you about microphones for all of you:

First:
-If you are starting, take a look at what you have around, maybe your gaming headset will be good enough to start.
-If you have a rockband mic laying around stored in some box, it may do the job too, stick a pantyhose on top of it to stop plosives, cut a hole on a ceral box to have it serve as a mic stand and voi-lá. This used to be the beginner youtuber special back in 2011~2013 and it worked very well.
-Check the noise reduction filters and equalization in OBS (or maybe use NVIDIA RTX Voice if your card is compatible) for some boost in quality.
The important is to start.
-Study mic technique, a lot of quality improvement can be done without spending a cent:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ty8YLqOmbV4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAKnCEsZ_og

After you begin and you look into into buying a mic to improve your audio quality keep in mind a few things:
-"pro" audio requires a lot of investment in equipment, acoustic treatment, mixing, etc. A lot of your favorite vtubers and regular youtuber and streamers don't have it and do just fine.
-USB mics are generally not the top end of the microphones contrary to what Blue's marketing team may want you to believe, but a good quality one is more than serviceable. If you're not that tech inclined and want an all-in-one quick solution, consider one.
- A good XLR mic, a boom arm, a pop filer and good audio interface will be enough. Don't get lost chasing "the best", don't get lost into the audiophole rabbit hole, it'll cost you a lot of for increasingly diminishing returns that most of your
viewers and won't notice.
- If you are on a tight budget, look for dynamic microphones, a Shure SM-48 with a windscreen, an XLR-to-USB adapter or a cheap audio interface will be cheaper and beat in quality most USB mics at thrice the price.
-Take into consideration your needs - lot of streamers, for example just use condenser mics because it's "studio quality" but can't get the quality they may potentially output or do anything that will really benefit from having one (like raw music vocals to for mixing).
-Going off from the last point, if you are not recording music (I don't mean Karaoke streams with some reverb kicked in, I mean actually recording vocals for mixes or professional voice overs) consider dynamic mics instead of condensers like most big streamers do, it'll save you a lot of headaches.

About Mic types, there are basically two that matter for you.
Condenser mics:
- A lot of people who do livestreams use these; They are your Blue Yetis, AT2020s and similar.
-Usually are called studio mics, and there's a reason for that. While give you a nice voice recording with a fuller range of capture, to make the most out of them you need a controlled, studio environment.
-They are more expensive by themselves, often require more accessories (not only a boom arm, but shock mouths and the like), and are often overly sensitive (which is why you get a lot of mouse and keyboard noises when people are playing).
-To make them sound the best they can will require acoustic treatment of the room you record (because they are sensitive and capture the sound waves bouncing on hard surfaces and that messes with your quality) or home-made recording studio/booth (or a makeshift one, like getting inside of a closet full of clothes or recording inside a pillow for).

Dynamics mics:
-These are the stage mics, most of you will be familiar with handheld ones stick with the little ball on top of it (but many can have different shapes and look as "studio-like" as the Condensers).
-They're usually very good at not capturing the noise that's not immediately in front of them, which is why they're used for concerts, churches, TV, and even presidential speeches (US presidents have been speaking into SM-57s for a many decades now).
- That means you don't really need to have an acoustically treated room and the clicks and clacks of your keyboard and mouse won't be picked so easily, which makes them great for home studios.
- While dynamics can get expensive, due to their construction they'll be less expensive than Condensers. The legendary industry-standard Shure SM58, for example, costs 100 bucks, and even the top models like the RE20 are way cheaper than the high end condensers that cost thousands of dollars.
- Dynamic can also be used for studio recordings - a lot of Rock vocals are recorded on Shure SM-58s because it's gritty; a ton of podcatst and radio studios use the Shure SM-7B (with Joe Rogan being the most famous example), NPR uses the Electro Voice RE27.
- Dynamics however are not as sensitive a as Condensers, they're not ideal for most musicians doing studio recordings unless we're talking rock/metal vocals.

Hope it'll be of use for all of you.
And sorry for double spaces but it's a lot of information and I wanted it to look organized.
Godspeed, anons!
And good luck!

>> No.833184
File: 515 KB, 1922x2048, Screenshot_20210221-130144.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

*heavy breathing*

I won't even have my audio interface or rig yet, but fuck it feels good to officially have taken the first major step
Now that I have money spent, there is no backing out

>> No.833266

>>832858
>How are you planning your digital marketing campaign? Even a basic understanding of social media marketing can help. How are you make sure that the algorithms work in your favor?
making actual videos and not just putting out 1 hour streams every now and then

>> No.833356

>>832858
>How are you planning your digital marketing campaign?
Got 3 twitter followers in a week, but I'm still months out from my debut so hopefully that picks up steam a bit.
Really all I'm doing is going on Twitter and engaging with other people in my niche. Honestly even though I'm not getting a ton of followers, it's satisfying and fun

>> No.833357
File: 27 KB, 191x209, 20210221_130917.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Im a guy that can do a pretty good loli voice but this shark cunt took my niche.

>> No.833448

>>833357
saturate the market as revenge

>> No.833806
File: 81 KB, 1140x640, I have nuts.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>833357
Consider being a girl (male) of a different species. Tell your story from your perspective.

>> No.834097

tsunderia's managersan mentioned that Google offers a free digital marketing course called "Digital Garage" takes like a week and you can get a certificate at the end if you do all of it.

>> No.834268

>>834097
Looks really useful, thanks! I should probably check her streams, who knows what other tips she's given

>> No.835364

looks like a slow day, today

>> No.835570

I want to submit an audition for Hololive, and it says to send in a character introduction video. Does that mean I'm supposed to frame it like a debut stream? Or what? What exactly do they want me to tell them?

>> No.835629

Posting these again

https://sozaino.site - for backgrounds and props

https://www.irasutoya.com/?m=1 - more props

You can use these for free and you don’t have to give credit

>> No.835778

>>835570
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZl6qEOfoZo

>> No.836275

>>835570
what not to do: https://files.catbox.moe/dm9yj1.mp4

>> No.836290

>>835778
it's kinda misleading to show that now

>>835570
You're supposed to show them acting as a character that you've written up, and then show them what you'd do as an entertainer and what you can bring to the table, which can be a variety of different things

>> No.836563

>>835629
yeah this would be good to add to the pastebin for anyone needing free resources
>>836275
thanks; i think we've gone like 5 threads without someone posting this again

>> No.836621

>>836275
I find this genuinely impossible to watch

>> No.836633

>>836275
only saving grace is that talking about applying to hololive like this grounds for rejection. especially when they're going out and revealing their real identity willy nilly. you're an employee of hololive, hololive isn't just an accessory you can tack onto your own livestreaming career for clout.

>> No.837963

>>832858
>How are you planning your digital marketing campaign? Even a basic understanding of social media marketing can help. How are you make sure that the algorithms work in your favor?
Once I actually have a character finalized, I plan to do some prerecorded videos as a png, similar to what some Japanese card game channels have been doing for years. I'd also like to put together an intro video of sorts that parodies the style of official/ingame announcements for the games I'd be streaming. For example, something like a Shadowverse leader promo, but with my model.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLGtVCVHjV0

>> No.837985

Lemme ask you guys something, just a quick little poll of whether or not you'd be interested in my character and content as a Vtuber.

- My character would deliberately be this large ham sort of personality. He'd give off this sort of "dominant stage presence" vibe. Though he'd appear to be an intentionally obnoxious blowhard, but another part of his character would be that he pretty much always gets exactly what is coming to him for his dickish deeds. Basically male Pekora.
- Content would largely revolve around gaming. I wouldn't say I'm an amazing pro level gamer, but I'm definitely a bit above average in the genres that I play. I'd mainly play platformers, JRPGs, turn based strategy, fighters, rhythm, racing and action games. Not really an FPS player, nor do I play games like Minecraft. Horror is strictly off the table as I am a huge chicken wuss.
- I also considered doing RPG Maker streams where I'd take suggestions from chat on what to make, and then once our little game is done, I'd release it for everyone to play.
- I can also sing okay, not great, but okay, so karaoke is definitely a possibility.

So uh, do you think you'd watch me if my audition was successful?

>> No.838219

>>837985
rhythm games - dmca on twitch and content is strikes on youtube
jrpgs, rpg maker, racing - all debuff games
action and platformer do fine
don't do games based off audience suggestions unless it's a AAA title.

no idea what you mean by "male pekora" or how anything you've said would feed I to that persona.

>> No.838696

Shota fox boy with a deep voice, yes or no

>> No.838759

>>838696
yes

>> No.838808

>>838219
Gura plays rhythm games all the time, though there always ends up being a list of what she's allowed to play.

>> No.838859

>>838808
they have a dedicated manager team + the name brand value with literal millions of subscribers and even then she's limited to only a handful of songs. guess you could do stealthy streams and hope not to get your ass rammed by the publishers, but that defeats the point of the streams.

>> No.839151

>>838859
I thought indies have more leeway in what they could stream?

>> No.839197

I want to get into streaming more, but don't really want to make a 'character'. I'm interested in vtubing simply because I don't want to use a real facecam and our home setup wouldn't work well with it. I kinda just want to see what it would take to make a caricature of myself to stream with. Even if I doubt I could ever really pull any views.

>mid to late thirties guy
>mainly plays diablo style games, metroidvanias, and some niche stuff
>want to speedrun obscure shit
>discussing/tasting alcohol while doing the above

>> No.839230

>>839151
indie just means you don't have a company backing you. and since no company is backing you, you can do what you want. but that doesn't mean publishers and license holders for music are just gonna let you fly and get away with streaming copyrighted works

if they go after Gura, Hololive can step in and negotiate
if they go after you, your channel is going bye bye

>> No.839244

>>838696
Already exists, Revel Ookami

>> No.839296

>>839197
>I doubt I could ever really pull any views.
all the more reason to just fucking do it and see if you like it. you're gonna get zero viewers anyway, so just have fun with it. if after a week of streaming, you find it's not for you, no harm, no fowl.

>> No.839308

>>839151
Music companies are actually fucking satan himself. They abuse copyrights even on the biggest youtubers. You can fight them if you want, and you might even "win", but 99% of the time it really wouldn't be worth the battle for an indie.

>> No.839375

>>839296
Yeah thats the attitude I need to force on myself. I already have a well-enough paying job so I wouldn't have the pressures of doing it for a living either. I just need to actually start looking into what I'll need for the vtuber part so I can start doing fucking Diablo 2 Median XL vtuber streams while discussing scotch.

>> No.839554

>>839375
an alcohol tasting collab sounds incredibly kino

>> No.839630

>>839554
Is there any vtubers who do that currently? It's honestly hard to find alcohol discussion stuff since most people just write it off as "fucking alcoholics". But there's so many things to taste, so much to discuss about the subject. Glad to see at least someone here thinks it would make for interesting content. I'm also not really trained in any of it, nor bartending, but I want to learn more on the subject.

>> No.839883

>>839630
i don't think i've seen any vtubers alcohol any more in depth than "haha i'm gonna down this whole bottle of shitty vodka to drunk stream"
as much as i love the taste of different kinds of alcohol i don't think it would ever be the kind of stream i'd do solo

>> No.839994

>>839883
It would be difficult to do as a solo stream (though I have 9 different bottles of spirits on hand currently) due to having to somehow making 1-2 hours of pure talking about what I taste but it would be something to try. More it would be a sort of "background discussion" while playing games or something.

>> No.840146

>>836275
>being born in the wrong dimension
i want to kill myself now

>> No.840181

>>839994
I feel like it wouldn't be a bad idea as a sort of like, free chat stream kind of thing where you talk about your favorite drinks as well, or if you did a 1-on-1 collab where you have someone to bounce off what you're talking about as well as your preferences

>> No.841101

>>836275
How could digi fuck her

>> No.841405

>>833184
audio interfaces are overkill, just get a phantom power injector and use the mic in in your soundcard. Today's inbuilt soundcard are very able to sample at high sampling rate decently. Never as good as a audio interface, but for VTuber activities it is more than enough.

>> No.841527

How do people tend to look for artists & riggers? Just trawl through twitter or are there resources online where people put this information?

>> No.841579

>>841527
Twitter, fiver, and Etsy
Some really big riggers also have website like Iron Vertex

>> No.841604

>>841405
That was my original plan but my audiophile buddy talked me into just getting the interface now and futureproofing myself a bit.

>> No.841613

>>839197
Alcohol and gaming sounds comfy

>> No.841779

>>841613
That would be the goal. Even during more intense stuff like speedruns or mapping in Path of Exile I'd want to cultivate a more 'casual chatting' feel to the stream.

>>841579
I keep forgetting fiver as an option since I tend to associate it with lower quality work (with no real experience to back that up). And honestly never used etsy, so I'll take a look there as well.

>> No.842482

this shit reminds me of MOBAs and Battle Royale games, the first ones to get established got big, and all of the rest were just seen as small copycats that most ultimately fizzled out and died. one or two strike a niche, but that's entirely up to just sheer luck.

>> No.842561

I mean, the "first ones" for vtubers (the big four) kinda died off, though kizuna is still hanging on. It was the second wave that currently dominates.

>one or two strike a niche, but that's entirely up to just sheer luck.
Welcome to show biz, I guess. Either find an 'in', or be prepared to put in the grind to build up a following slowly.

>> No.842607

>>842561
Damn, where'd my fucking quote go. Meant to reply to >>842482 obviously.

>> No.842768

>>842607
the first ones came out way before vtube tech became a widespread and accessible thing. late 2019 and 2020 set the stage for which vtubers would be established and which ones won't

>> No.843324

>>833357
Post clip.
I wanna hear, and also offer suggestions for other character settings that might work.

>> No.843402

>>837985
>Horror is strictly off the table as I am a huge chicken wuss
That is exactly why horror should be firmly ON the table.
Suffering is good content.

>> No.843484

>>841527
Fiverr if you want 2d.
Artstation if you want 3d.
Twitter for both.

>> No.843538

>>832858
>Question of the Thread: How are you planning your digital marketing campaign? Even a basic understanding of social media marketing can help. How are you make sure that the algorithms work in your favor?
I've been agonizing over this for weeks.
I'm slowly working on some ideas, but I feel massively under-prepared, too. I'm kind of defaulting to "play the YT algorithm as best I can and hope lightning strikes" which... is probably a bad strategy.

>> No.843623
File: 268 KB, 1754x2048, B08CBAC5-A3CD-48C9-997C-C5104F32FB7F.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

heyo /auds/
I posted my channel asking for feedback previously, and since transitioned to a self-made vroid model to stream with. I really would like any feedback/criticism you guys could throw my way, as I’m still trying to figure out how best to improve.

https://youtu.be/PyjD6o_wx34

>> No.843830

>>843623
>vroid model
Sorry to say, but this is your first mistake.
Vroid models are pretty garbo. They are inefficient and are rigged and animate weird. You'll want to switch to a proper bespoke model ASAP.

From a quick random sampling of a few minutes here and there, I'd also say you should try sitting up straighter--you can hear your slouching in your voice because it pushes your voice down into your chest. That's why the lower tones in your voice get cracking/"toad" sounds. If you sit up straighter and keep your shoulders back, the better posture will improve your vocalization automatically.

Other than that, just try to bring the energy up more. Keeping it fairly high-energy is probably a better option, since it's easier to learn than the soft/comfy vibe you see, and those are the two most popular approaches by far.

Overall 6/10, lots of potential but needs key improvements.

>> No.843834

>>841527
Search adoptable in DA. If theres an artist that make good adopts then they can make good character designs

>> No.843916

>>843623
I know you definitely don't want to hear this but your lips look uncannily awful.
I'm glad you said you made the model yourself because otherwise I'd ask for a refund

>> No.843927

>>843623
I still think you should facerig that dog image you were using previously. It made you stand out a surprising amount

>> No.844007

>>843623
good effort on the homemade vroid model, but i'd stick with the actual Pomeranian dog png. get 2 pngs, one with an open mouth, one with a closed mouth and use the discord reactive images trick to fake an animation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_GHGxZoahQ

>> No.844071

>>843834
>adopts
I have no idea what that is, but okay I'll take a look.

>> No.844119

>>844071
Bad advice, is what it is.
Basically, mediocre character artists make loads of pre-made character designs and try to sell them on the cheap.

Go to Artstation and skim for pros instead. You get a higher quality of character artist there.

>> No.844163

>>844007
>>843927
>>843916
>>843830
Thank you guys!!! I’ll take this all under advisement asap!!

>> No.844828
File: 78 KB, 438x393, Hug 4.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>844163
I'll be lurking.
Do us proud, doggo.

>> No.844879

>>843623
The model is alright, I don't know if the skin is too bright of if it's lighting effects that makes the face seem a bit flat, but at the same time it has a certain PS1 era charm to it which makes is a good match with Spyro. If it was intentional, then great job, you achieved what you went for perfectly.

You started the stream with the game audio muted, everyone will do something like that, but a quick check if things are good to go before you begin can make it less frequently. It'll take 10 seconds and save you trouble. Incorporate it to your pre-stream routine.

Same thing with your table reorganization - it's something that is bound to happen, and that's okay. Incorporate checking if your workspace is good to go, 1 or 2 minutes before streaming that can save an interruption that'll breaks the momentum of the broadcast.

Sometimes when you are talking , it seems that you have the habit of raising the volume of your voice a bit for emphasis but you restrain it - maybe out of shyness? I don't know if you don't want to wake up people or something like that, but it's not like you're just putting emphasis and you have some surprise exclamations over the stream that were neither too loud nor obnoxious, so don't supress it - just leave it a a normal level.
It kinda disappears as you get into the stream, so maybe it's a matter of getting used into shifting into stream-mode.

Something that will be fixed with experience is reducing your fillers and the "hmm" and "ahh' as you try to both comment and play, so keep at it. If you want a tip, instead of seeking a word, give yourself a brief moment of silence for your brain to catch up. You already do it when you get further into the groove of the stream, so keep at it.

Around the 20~21 minute mark, there are frame drops and the gameplay gets choppy when you are in an external environment and there's combat. The 3d model taxes your cpu too, and if you didn't have this issue before, you may consider checking the CPU load and investigating the causes and see what you can do about it.
Maybe lowering the model rendering resolution, or messing with OBS settings.
It was ultimately not a big problem though, it was less than two minutes, but you may want to be aware of it if you move into more intense games.

You are an EN Vtuber that made me watch a VOD for over 40 minutes instead of closing it within 3 minutes - that's a first. Your atmosphere is nice, like I'm having a friend talk to me. If this anon's opinion is of any importance, you have something going on for yourself, keep at it.

>> No.845001

I'm having trouble deciding what to focus on or what to prioritize.
What I need to do is
>learn Japanese
>flesh out my character
>build streaming portfolio
>build video editing portfolio
I'm not sure how to divvy up my time across these things. Any advice?

>> No.845233

>>845001
>build streaming portfolio
this should be your priority

>learn Japanese
don't
>flesh out my character
you can refine this as you keep streaming and figure out what kind of content you want to make and what kind of design or personality goes well with it
>build video editing portfolio
i guess if you wanna be a clipper, sure

>> No.845261
File: 9 KB, 161x161, 1542721323209.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I tried to do the 'unlock the vtuber' thing to hype up pre-debut, but it ended up getting no traction whatsoever, and my design still is supposed to be a mystery i think

Should I just move on and post it anyway, or stick with it and try to gain followers somehow? If the latter, I'm thinking about doing an art raffle or something, but I'm not so sure if that could actually help my case

>> No.845294

>>845261
drop it and move onto just creating content. chasing twitter follower numbers means nothing since it doesn't translate to revenue.

>> No.845330

>>845001
Fleshing out your character shouldn't take that long, and you can always add new things to your lore as you go.
Streaming and Video Editing can go hand in hand - stream to have a video source then edit your streams into clips and highlights.
>learn Japanese
Even if you're planning to stream primarily for a Japanese audience, this is not feasible shor term.
It's going to take at least 2 years of studying to be somewhat competent at Nip, do it if you want to, but don't put your other activities on hold for it.
Start building stuff now, open a JP Channel or pander to JP with JP-study streams or JP-only streams later.

>> No.845432

>>845294
i agree with creating content being a priority but i do believe that gaining twitter followers before your debut still has its value since it gets your character exposed to more people (see: birdtuber that debuted today with a 2k twitter following and had like 200-300 people present for debut)
that being said, if you're only doing that and not producing anything, then stop not producing things

>> No.845514

>>845432
birdtuber is riding off the novelty meme factor, don't count on it if you're just generic vtuber number 431

>> No.845690

>>845233
>>845330
I've been wanting to learn Japanese for far longer than I've wanted to be a vtuber.
at this point the two kind of line up. Knowing Japanese would be a plus if I go with an agency, especially one based in Japan.
>i guess if you wanna be a clipper, sure
agencies typically want someone with video editing experience, that's why it's on my list

>> No.845695

what software do you guys like the most to be used on windows with a webcam? I'm thinking about testing PrPrive but I just want to know your opinion

>> No.845717

>>845514
as another example then, posy higanbana also built up around a 1k twitter following and released an original song prior to debut and while she's not like, breaking into the quadruple digits for streams, hitting triple digit views that early on in an indie is pretty desirable

>> No.845788

>>845690
learning japanese is something that i don't really think ties directly into what you're doing as a vtuber and if you are serious about it its the kind of thing that you really have to keep on top of every day
>>845695
i use prprlive but if i had an iphone i think i'd be using vtube studio
prprlive does a good job tracking but the gameanimojidlc is like necessary for eye tracking otherwise you look like you have googly eyes

>> No.845890

>>845690
the vtubing fad will be long over by the time you're conversational in japanese. it's one of the most difficult languages to pick up as an EOP.

>> No.845957

>>845717
>posy higanbana
>female buff
>lewd buff
yeah, sure

>> No.846016

>>845957
female+lewd on twitter is a very common combination for vtubers and there still exists a ton of them that have little to no following
the original anon didn't even mention their design so it could have either of those buffs too

>> No.846017

>>845890
>it's one of the most difficult languages to pick up as an EOP.
really?
I'll admit, I'm not super far into the language but the grammar doesn't come off as super difficult and there's only a couple of exceptions for some rules.
Even compound sentences follow the same basic structure so the only real challenging part is Kanji
and even then that's what Anki is there for.
I'm not just getting dunning-kruger'd, right?

>> No.846028

>>845788
do you happen to know any non shitty voice changer? it's not that I want to be a cute girl, but I like the privacy of not using my real voice

>> No.846115

>>846017
japanese is not hard, it just requires memorization. I'd say a romance language is harder than japanese

>> No.846166

>>846028
i vtube as a guy and am a guy so its not something i've ever had to look into, though this question has been asked here enough that i should probably figure it out to be helpful

>> No.846279

>>846017
>I'm not just getting dunning-kruger'd, right?
you very likely are
https://effectivelanguagelearning.com/language-guide/language-difficulty/

>> No.846453

>>846279
>Category V: 88 weeks (2200 hours)
by what metric?
the other categories were ranked by how different they were from English, culturally and linguistically, but Category V just says they're difficult
If we're following the line of progression from previous categories then I can kind of understand but the cultural differences aren't even that radically different.
Different, yeah but so different that an EOP would need more than 2200 hours? I don't think so

>> No.846527

>>846453
>by what metric?
>The Foreign Service Institute (FSI) has created a list to show the approximate time you need to learn a specific language as an English speaker.
>After this particular study time you will reach “Speaking 3: General Professional Proficiency in Speaking (S3)” and “Reading 3: General Professional Proficiency in Reading (R3)”

Speaking and Reading (doesn't include writing). OP might have a better chance if he's just going to limit his conversational speaking to japanese meme talk, but who knows how useful that'll be.

>> No.846558

>>846453
EOP would need more than 2200 hours to memorize kanji, and that's it

>> No.847852

>>846016
It's supposed to be a cute chameleon girl, pretty down to earth and quasi sisterly, although I was thinking about different colours being different personalities maybe I can lewd one of them just to check that off the list
I kinda fear that may come off too much a schizo, maybe it's just a matter of execution and playing it right

>> No.847997

>>847852
i think if you can play it right and do a lot of different voices it can have its own appeal and it also lends itself pretty easily to short skits and stuff

>> No.850771

>>847852
>>847997
i agree it can work, but will you be able to keep it up? almost all of the vtubers out now have either reverted to their default personalities, or just keep one main act up. managing the changing personality and color thing might get a little difficult to keep up in a meaningful way.

Akai Haato / Haachama is the only one i know who actually does it, and she normally does it through pre-recorded clips.
FBK tried the dark-FBK act, but dropped it after a while.

>> No.851019

>>850771
i think if you like have it for skit videos and short form content while just being yourself on stream i don't even think people would mind that much
people still want to see kurokami every now and then

>> No.851172

I have a HP Envy 17 (shit computer I know, but I’m grinding for a good gaming rig already) but no actual webcam, would the laptop camera work with Live 2D?

>> No.851267

>>851172
>would the laptop camera work with Live 2D?
Live2D is the rigging software that's applied to the 2D assets. what you're looking for is the face tracking software that uses Live2D (ex. Facerig, Animaze, Prprlive, etc.) The laptop camera should be fine as long your face has good lighting.

If you run either Facerig or Animaze, you should be able to see a webcam display that shows you where the camera thinks your mouth and eyes are. Make sure you've got your face well lit so that it can see your eyes and mouth clearly.

>> No.851278

>>851172
Facetracking is based on the image the software receives so all you can really do is cross fingers that it's good enough to see through the compression. Alternatively make sure the background behind you contrasts with your face

>> No.851319

>>851267
prprlive also has this feature

>> No.851650

>>851267
Gotcha, gotcha homie

>> No.851901

>>831273
this was asked last thread and I knew a tag existed for it but forgot what it was until just now; #新人Vtuber is a big one and in that tag I also saw #おはようVtuber also used
the tags seem pretty fast which means they might be the kinds of tags people actually follow so if you wanted to reach out to a jp audience you could go for that

>> No.852164

>>851172
You'd be lucky to even be able to run Live2D on it, much less Live2D, Stream, AND game. Basically don't waste the money.

>> No.852357
File: 307 KB, 2048x800, Screenshot_20210222-002218.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

And awaaaayyy I go!

>> No.852376

>>852357
Biden better have my stimmy check soon so I can afford a commission myself. God speed, anon!

>> No.852674

>>852357
but what's their art look l ike

>> No.852725
File: 232 KB, 794x1124, il_794xN.2310183910_oq1w.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>852674
My model also l has a metric fuckload of layers so I'm being upcharged, which is reasonable

>> No.852733

i wish i could commission an avatar from Dross

>> No.852812

>stream weekly grind again
>32 unique viewers, 5 new followers, got raided, had a couple of people actively talking in chat by the end
This is starting to get fun, but my voice is a bit shot from talking to myself for 5 hours.

>> No.852858

please, whatever you guys do, try to not sully the image of vtubers any further by using your character as an avatar.
Your character is a CHARACTER, not a profile pic
You can still be (You) but remember that it's your character running the show.

>> No.852879

>uses the word "sully" unironically
jesus christ

>> No.852898

>>852879
>speaking English
Yes.

>> No.852928

>gatekeeping vtubers

>> No.852954

>>852928
If you don't like gatekeeping then you're the problem that needed to be gatekept.

>> No.853015

jusagi, dude you need to stop coming here

>> No.853042

>>852733
No joke, hit them up and ask if it's something they'd do. Didn't know them but I looked them up and even though their comms are closed they might still draw the girl() of your dreams if they open. To some artists a v-tuber is a fun project, I've noticed this especially with JP artists but maybe they'll take the commission anyway once they reopen, never know unless you ask.

>> No.853068

>>853015
who the fuck gave him money?

>> No.853711

>>841779
Fiver has some pretty good riggers, give it a try

>> No.854043

>>847852
If you have the vocal range for it, make it schizo on purpose and play an entire cast of voices.
That could be so entertaining. Like a one-man skit show.

>> No.854067

>>852357
Man at that point just go full 3d

I didn't pay significantly more than that for top quality 3dcg

>> No.854250

>>854067
are there any good 3D models and/or modelers? all of the ones I've seen end up being weirdly furry.

>> No.855004

>>852858
That's one way to look at it.

>> No.855015

>>854250
Yes.
You might want to ask around in general.

>> No.855092
File: 439 KB, 730x1632, 01488519405124.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I'm a 3d artist and suck at drawing but i made this sketch of a cultist racoon boi vtuber. P wont do a model since males wont get popular but is fun.

>> No.855166

>>855092
could always start selling models

>> No.855585

You niggers will never be famous. Stop trying

>> No.855672
File: 169 KB, 2048x1152, 1611930197834.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Since we all know you're not gonna make it, tell me how I can groom you into sending me nudes etc.

>> No.855687

took the tourists extra long to arrive here

>> No.855918

>>855585
Joke's on you
I'm not trying for shit and I'm failing forward admirably.

>> No.855957

>>855092
Depends on what you define as "popular"

If you just want to be popular enough to sell models and make an easy living, well, there are people who do that already.

>> No.856004

>>855672
if you buy me my weekly mcdonalds i'll do DBZ Cell soft vore RP with you

>> No.856005

>>845695
I'm testing prprlive and the green markers are kinda wobbly. Is it always like this or is my webcam too shitty?

>> No.856021
File: 458 KB, 1920x1080, IMG_20210222_151129.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

what do you guys think about 3d modeling livestream? is the content too niche or it could be alright if I'm entertaining enough

>> No.856044

>>856005
free version uses a wobbly face detection, gotta pay for the advanced one

>> No.856082

>>856021
you're basically doing a zatsudan stream, so whatever goes on will be 100% on you to carry the conversation. Ina mentions this a couple of times during her art streams that it's effectively a zatsudan since there's nothing else happening on the stream other than lines being drawn in. one thing you can do to help fill in the time for zatsudan streams is to just talk about what you're doing as an informative aside for your viewers.

>> No.856084

>>856021
I'd watch it but it doesn't seem like something that would be very popular.

>> No.856181

is there any free high quality live2d model so people can try it?

>> No.856245

>>856181
https://www.live2d.com/en/download/sample-data/

>> No.856277

>>856245
the only one i think would work for what OP is looking for is the Hiyori model, the rest require Pro version.

>> No.856309

>>856277
For editing in the Live2D software? Yes. For any facerig programs to try with your webcam, they should all work as long as there's enough parameters, which is most of them.

>> No.856355

>>856277
yeah, I'm using hiyori right now. the model feels very simple desu

>> No.856419
File: 185 KB, 2057x2731, En3zNYvVgAA2WpY.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>854250
Jjinomu, Ayn3D, etc. Just look at who the other ENVtubers with non-vroid 3D models are getting theirs from and look at their commissions. Example is Ayn3D Jjinomu is people like Zen, Silvervale, etc

>> No.856615

>>852858
Not an argument.

>> No.856650

>>852357
You could get a top quality VRChat avatar for that price...

>> No.856669

>>856650
You definitely can't. Most of the "top quality" VRChat avatars are just shitty edits of stolen assets, unless you're talking about people like Shonzo who charges much more. 850 is on the low end for good 3D models.

>> No.856814

>>841101
Digi is a tranny now, goes by the name of Diginee.

>> No.856987

lamy 3d model was the prettiest model I've ever seen. I wonder how much it cost

>> No.857165

>>856021
It can be popular if you're good at it and are willing and able to basically make every stream a combination of comfy free talk and technical Q&A

>> No.857178

>>856669
Shonzo doesn't charge massively more than that.

>> No.859108

how CPU/GPU intensive are Live2D face trackers? i tried using VSeeFace and my computer can't handle it + Apex + OBS

>> No.859239

>>859108
prprlive is your best bet for a low CPU face tracker at the moment, the alternative is using your phone as the tracker

>> No.859313

>>855687
They've been posting in auds pretty regularly between the hours of 1-6AM EST leasing me to believe it's a bunch of bored SEAmonkeys

>> No.860157

I know make vtubers arnt as popular but I really want to try my hand at a rabbit lad, I have a voice in mind as well

>> No.860240

>>860157
Posted before I could finish.
What’s a simp to use rigging program for an avatar?

>> No.860918

>>856650
>>854067
Honestly it's a really complicated model with a ton of layers so I'm comfortable with the price

Regardless I don't like the look of 3d models and wanted to avoid it

>> No.861380
File: 1.26 MB, 480x392, catto.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Does anybody mind posting their character art and how much they paid for it?
And how much you paid for rigging?

>> No.862920

>>833357
Shroach broke character on her debut stream, it's obvious she's a femanon larping as a trap.

>> No.863730

>>832858
I was looking forward to the Hololive auditions, but after looking into HoloEN's roommates and the numbers they pulled in before going big (and I can't pull a trap voice squeaky high or like Ina does), I decided to start a vtuber collab charity stream first with a fresh cast and see if it's viable to set up a new troupe. Couple of niggles though:

>Where to set up the main office?
I want a main spot to set up a tracking system like Hololive's 3D collabs to stand out, but most of the people in mind live with old roommates and parents that will raise eyebrows at [autistic screeching]. I have enough money rn to invest renting a trailer home for a month and rigging equipment, but will that be enough to stop noise complaints?

>How to cast?
Although this wouldn't normally be a problem, I'd figure the best way to stand out is have enough of the cast local to host a game night once a week for live interaction. Would craigslist be the best option, or is there a better way to get at least one femanon to round out the cast?

>Advertising?
Do you pay for your advertising anons? Did you shill on plebbit? Or do you let the YT algorithm take care of it?

>Where to pick up mods?
Is there anywhere to pick up based mods? And do you pay for them?

>Recommended charities
Any ones particularly based? And what's the usual code of conduct?

>> No.864348

>>860157
https://twitter.com/lucky_bunttv

>> No.864379

>>856669
I'm talking PikaPetey's work.

>> No.864971

>>856615
>Not an argument.
not supposed to be.
Just a heads up

>> No.865097

>>855004
No, that IS the way to look at it.
That's the standard that's been set by professionals in the industry (Hololive and Nijisanji)

>> No.865229

>>861380
Havent commissioned myself but for a professional grade product ive found that 200(burger bucks) for art and 200 for rigging seem to be the standard

>> No.865254

>>864971
Then make like a tree and shut the fuck up.

>> No.865278

>>865097
Fuck off, corporate shill.

>> No.865380

>>865278
I don't think you know what that means

>> No.865431

>>852858
>>865097
What if I legitimately don't want to be a "character" and am just being myself? Granted my 'online self' has always been a bit separate from my IRL self. The design will be my actual face online.

>That's the standard that's been set by professionals in the industry (Hololive and Nijisanji)
So no one can do anything different than what the "big names" have done? Just play follow the leader forever? I'll just do what I want. Not to mention a bunch in hololive barely treat their 'character' as anything but themselves anyway.

>> No.865638

>>863730
I think this entirely depends on where you are located. You'll probably need to be in LA or atlanta for something like this to work. This is assuming that you don't already have a group locally who is willing to do this which it doesn't sound like you do.

>> No.865648

>>865431
To put it simply, what I want people to understand is that vtubing isn't simply streaming with an avatar.
Your character doesn't need to be a totally different person than yourself, but it DOES need to be a separate entity metaphorically speaking.
Your character is a puppet, from the audience's perspective the puppet is real and IT does everything, not you.
vtubers have to make their character seem like a real, tangible being by maintaining this illusion.
If you break the illusion or disregard it entirely then you're not a vtuber, but rather someone with an avatar.

No matter the industry, if you want any modicum of success it's natural to follow in the footsteps of those before you who became successful.
the "big names" became wildly successful, THEY set the standard, indies that have followed that standard have become successful (see Futakuchi Mana, Amatsuka Uto).
If you just want to stream and use an avatar because you don't want a facecam, that's fine. Just don't call yourself a vtuber.

>> No.865682

>>865648
>No matter the industry, if you want any modicum of success it's natural to follow in the footsteps of those before you who became successful.
Coward.

>> No.865777

>>865682
The coward is you who thinks living up to a standard is the same as brainless conformity and your constant need to be different is causing you to be blind to the whole point of the thing you're chasing
Like I said, multiple times, you can still be yourself but the point of vtubing is that the character is a separate entity from you, a puppet.
It's not that hard to understand.

>> No.865887
File: 492 KB, 717x1428, firefox_lPbdAXsYJV.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

How does he look?

>> No.865905

>>865887
like Kageyama Shien but a femboy

>> No.865942
File: 275 KB, 441x522, 1613585239537.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>865638
I'm 30 minutes away from THE major city in the midwest, which already has VA talent. I've got 4 people planned out already (3 guys, 1 girl), and I just need 1 more to prevent our launch being a sausage fest.

This would be a lot easier if cons weren't kill, but [current year] +5 killed the weeb scene with the coof and I just need a fresh girl who knows how to work a rig. I'm prepared to give her a small cut to offset the losses until the superchats launch, I just need somewhere to scout and enough time to acclimate her to the crew.

>> No.866178

>>865905
Good or bad thing?

>> No.866594

>EOP walks in and starts telling anons they need to follow his interpretation of what a vtuber is
>doesn't understand the difference between idols and vtubers in general
ok

>> No.866741

>>866594
Hololive dropped the idol façade and Niji never cared much for idols.
>his interpretation
I've explained, multiple times, that it's a real professional standard. This isn't up for debate.

>> No.868332

>source: trust me

>> No.868446

Can you at least put on a trip so I can filter out your bullshit, jusagi?

>> No.869723

who the fuck is jusagi

>> No.869906

>>863730
I saw that other groups casted through ads on reddit and instagram. You could specify that you want a female one. Haven't used craigslist for anything besides used furniture, so I can't say whether that would be a viable option.

>> No.870017

>>868332
>>868446
>passive aggressively speaking into the air
newfags, not even once.

>> No.870146

>he still replies

>> No.870199

>>843830
vroid isnt that bad if you know what you're doing which >>843623 clearly doesnt know because she used the default textures

https://ddmavis.booth.pm/items/2214559 check this guy out, he makes all his stuff using only vroid.

the problem with vroid is that the only tutorials are made by bottom tier indie chubas like argama witch. if you listen to their advice you will never create a good model.

https://youtu.be/LRuYjX6kT9Q argama witch is delusional enough to make this abomination and think its good enough to post it online

>> No.870526

Are we allowed to post a video and ask for feedback or would be considered too much shilling?

>> No.870563

>>870526
every post is a self shilling post, anon.

>> No.870581

>>870526
anon, if youre here its because you want to shill.

>> No.870587

>>870526
Go for it, but know you are risking a schizo stalking you

>> No.870608
File: 50 KB, 300x250, rCbrRthwWk-4.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

How important is eye and mouth movement for immersion?

My model has his entire face covered by a over the head mask, and I'm worried that at the end of the day people won't realize I'm more than a static image if I'm sitting still

>> No.870651

>>870608
>My model has his entire face covered by a over the head mask
take off the mask?

>> No.870665

>>865887
need to hear your voice, but he looks cute and i would sodomize him.

>> No.870671

>>870651
If he takes off the mask would he die?

>> No.870672

>>870651
No, that's not something I'm willing to compromise on

>> No.870692

>>870608
take off the mask then?

>> No.870705

>>870672
i mean, does the mask have its own rigging or something at least?

>> No.870711

>>870692
>>870651
It was a deliberate design choice

>> No.870715

Im just looking for general advice, how do you get used to basically talking by yourself at the beginning, ive done a few a sreams to like 0-1 viewers but its hard to keep on talking knowing nobody is listening

>> No.870725

>>870711
well if you like it that much and its non-negotiable then what are you even worried about? find a way to work around it.

>> No.870756

>>870705
Yeah it's still heavily layered and three dimensional

>> No.870762

>>870711
I would say mouth and eye movement is important because otherwise you're just a static png. You'd have to wobble side to side to keep your viewer aware that you are in fact moving.

>> No.870818

>>870756
then as long as it's tracking you well and reacting to your movements it should be fine. even in downtimes for others Live2Ds, you'll see minor movements in their eyes and mouths to show they're still active.

>>870715
take a look at what the bigger streamers. their chats are so fast that it's impossible to have a back and forth conversation, so it ends up being them filling up most of the time. asking a simple y/n or one word question to chat to bounce off, and for you, if you have no viewers, you can just pick that y/n answer yourself.

>> No.870873

>>870725
>>870762
>>870818
It's just something I'm a little paranoid over I think.

I'm primarily using the model for videos rather than livestreams regardless, so worst case scenario is I move around a bit more than what's natural to keep attention. I just like to have a bunch of different opinions before I commit

>> No.870920

>>870873
do some test videos, and take note of the full range of motion your model has. and if you can, put some sticky notes on the wall in your room that you can turn at look at to make your model turn its head within the frame of the video.

i know someone who has uses the sticky note for the youtube "chatbox" location, so when he gets a super chat, he quickly reads, and turns his head to the sticky note, so it looks like his model is turning over to youtube's chat window. you could try something like that.

>> No.870984

>>870920
This is absolutely excellent advice. Thank you.

Legit screenshotting this sticky note idea. It's brilliant

>> No.871520

>>870665
https://vocaroo.com/1aPKTHrERI6Y

>> No.872004

>>871520
gonna need a bit more than a 3 second clip

>> No.872228
File: 85 KB, 978x1024, 1612120343790.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

What should your first twitter posts be? Introduction or do you wanna build hype around a hidden png

>> No.872465

>>866741
>I've explained, multiple times, that it's a real professional standard
Oh in that case, can you please point towards the standards document I can view to ensure I will be a qualified red seal vtuber(tm)?

>This isn't up for debate.
Everything's up for debate. This isn't some 100 year old traditional performance art.

>> No.872476
File: 31 KB, 981x200, Ninapost.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>872228
What do you need hype for?

>> No.872552

>>872465
>document
it's called basic pattern recognition
Again, it's the standard that professionals in the industry have established (holo and niji) and it's the standard that successful indies have followed (mana and uto)

>> No.872580
File: 1.42 MB, 5120x4992, miocry.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Be me
>Be that guy who was bitching about having a groundloop fault in his new mic setup a couple threads ago
>Old mic recording I made a couple days ago sounded like this when I didn't have noise cancellation software active and disabling the groundloop: https://files.catbox.moe/8sa1b1.mp3
>Go out of my way to order a custom-fabbed XLR cable with some high-end shielded connectors hoping it might do something to clear the groundloop
>Now sounds like this: https://files.catbox.moe/18hwtt.mp3
>Think it's thanks to my new cable
>Go back to the old cable
>Click is still gone
>Also, may seem like a non sequitur but my neighbors in the next apartment look like they're working on moving out
>mfw the groundloop was probably something they had plugged into the wiring for our building and buying the new cable didn't change anything
I'm kinda hoping the clicking comes back, but IS mitigated by the new cable, just to rationalize the purchase.
This shit's literally exactly why I hate my electronics job, I "fix" shit except I didn't actually do anything to fix it and then my supervisor is like "anon go fix that thing again" and I'm like "fuck you I don't even know what I did, it just started working again!"

>> No.872646

>>872552
>it's called basic pattern recognition
ah, so you actually don't know what you're talking about and are just making assumptions off rrats

>> No.872741

>>872580
congrats anon, now start creating content and make Mori proud

>> No.872820

>>872552
That's not how an "industry standard" works at all, on any level.

>> No.872877

glorious nippon vtuber industry standard, folded over a thousand times in a weeb EOP's head because he thinks he has a business background

>> No.873196

Anybody here used the TubeBuddy extension? I saw it shilled and tried it out, but it sounds like a scam.

>> No.874040

>>869723
some dude who made a video about hololive auditions that we're probably guessing selfposted in /auds/
>>870526
we've had a couple of people post their videos here and get feedback so as long as you don't mind having a connection to here then go for it
>>872476
yeah just shill your debut on /wvt/ and be entertaining and they'll give you nice starting viewership

>> No.874214

>>873196
TubeBuddy and simillar apps are not scams but at the most basic level the bulk of what they do is integrate tools that you already have on your youtube analytics or can get by using google's adwords' keyword tools+other stuff like a thumbnail editor in an easy to use/digest interface. It's a productivity tool at it's most basic level.
Its most useful tools, such as A-B testing thumbnails and etc. are locked at the two higher payment plans and they're pretty good if you are doing marketing, selling a product/service, or chasing trends in a specific market/nich you make content for, as well are trying to keep track of competitors.
It is, IMO, not really that useful for variety channels or livestreaming channels. If you want to use a tool like that though, maybe use VidIQ - at least their keyword tool is part of the free package.

>> No.874303

>>874214
>VidIQ
Thanks for the advice, it looks a lot better as a tool for the initial digging.

>> No.875125

>>872580
Aight, just buy a UPS with a perfect Sinewave.
You are welcome.

>> No.875201

>>874040
Nina isn't here and I highly advise against shilling yourself in wvt unless you are absolutely knowing what you are doing AND you have lurked there yourself for a longer while. Just like every long standing general, you need to know how to do it right.

>> No.875427

>>875201
that was a joke
though from what little i have lurked it does seem like some of them are here (koopa, obviously, eira, and miwa)

>> No.875493

>>875427
There is a big bunch - pastebin lists them.
wvt is a good community but if you sign up for it, you should know what you are signing up for. that's all I wanted to say with my post.

>> No.875593
File: 314 KB, 1358x944, www.facebook.com_.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Do you prefer the large signal boost of a well-known agency, or not?
https://fb.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=447226416400892&id=100033406114411

>> No.875608

>>875493
yeah the community seems really nice though i don't know if i'd ever want to get linked with a group very easily tracible back to 4chan so i'd personally never shill myself there

>> No.875846

>>875608
I do however recommending watching Nina if you are a starting VTuber if you want to figure out how to make it without shilling yourself. Spoiler though - takes a lot of effort. She spends pretty much every single moment off work either on stream or in other peoples streams with exception of scheduling less streams on self-improvement or preperation weeks. I think a lot of people in this thread want the easy-way-in, how to abuse the algorithm or whatever.. but unfortunately until you make it, the only sure way is to grind at it.

>> No.876327

>>865380
Yes, I do. That's why I want you to fuck off.

>> No.876343

just popping in to say that the advice and support in these threads has me very close to affiliate in a short few weeks

thank you guys, i'm honestly having tons of fun

>> No.876679

>>876343
congrats bro; keep up the good work
i'm there on stream time and days but i'm only halfway on followers and 2 average viewers ;_;
it's been going up though on average so it should probably be a couple weeks for me too
>>875846
my whole mindset has been to just grind at it honestly.
even if the growth hasn't been big, building a following on twitter has gotten me more activity in my streams which is nice

>> No.876705

>>876679
Then the next step is to find likeminded people who creatively boost you.

>> No.876761

>>876343
I wish you the best of luck. Now just to keep on the grind and get good at networking.

>> No.877117
File: 126 KB, 800x800, 1613771022359.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

My model is so complicated that I'm looking at around $1200 for the art and rigging bros.

I know everybody is going to tell me to work my way up but I wanted professional quality out the gate. It's really hard to justify spending so much though

>> No.877184

>>877117
>I wanted professional quality out the gate
>It's really hard to justify spending so much
isn't your justification the sentence that comes immediately before?

>> No.877206

>>877117
the amount of 'debut TBA' crap EN vtubers I see practically outnumbers those actually doing content. the longer you wait, the worse off you will be

>> No.877227

>>877184
Yes. You are right.

I know I'm going to go through with it but dropping so much at once is hard to do without venting about first

>> No.877246

>>877227
understandable, it's a sizeable commitment. good luck, anon.

>> No.877283

>>876705
that's what the social media reps are supposed to be for
>>877206
something that surprised me being on twitter is there's a lot more debut tba vtubers do still actively steam and do other things before debuting
it feels like they're building up content and waiting to use their debut as a way to get like a really big boost as opposed to debuting and building from there

>> No.877393

when commissioning art, do we have to get something like this: >>873323
Or what exactly are you supposed to have for the rigger?

>> No.877430

>>877393
that's a character sheet
what you give to the rigger is something like a bunch of circles and features (think separated eyes, different mouth shapes per vowel/smile etc) all separated yet on one sheet so they can isolate them and rig their key points to transform in whatever tracker you go with

>> No.877782

>>877117
Practice voice acting and singing until you are ready. Once you are good enough, you can sell your work to pay for a quality model.

>> No.877995

>>875593
what ahppened here?

>> No.878432

>>856814
Holy fuck you're not kidding. I always hated this bitch and now I feel vindicated.

>> No.878859
File: 52 KB, 413x424, 1613623810531.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>870199
Anon... I edited the textures for everything except for the hair (because I couldn't figure that out)!! I swear I knew that much!!

>> No.879024

>>872646
If you want to make it as a "vtuber" then you'll do well to follow the tried and true template.
If you're need to be different is so immense that it dilutes your potential as a entertainer and creator then be prepared to have people laugh at you and write you off as not a vtuber because you want to use an avatar instead of putting in any amount of work.

>> No.879061

>
ogey

>> No.879394

>>879024
>you'll do well to follow the tried and true template.
which is... basically listen to some random anon on a mongolian basket weaving forum who has demonstrably shown that he doesn't know what he's talking?

>> No.879437

>>879394
Time will prove me right.

>> No.879473

>document
no document
>show us proof
no proof

>just trust me bro

>> No.879502

>>865648
>what I want people to understand is that vtubing isn't simply streaming with an avatar
Get a load of this guy. Like seriously, fuck off.

>> No.879581

>people forgetting about Kizuna Ai
https://virtualyoutuber.fandom.com/wiki/Kizuna_Ai
do your reps people

>> No.879594

I mean, you could just link us your stream and show us how successful you're doing following your own advice and I'd shut up. But we all know that's not gonna happen.

>> No.879703

>>877117
Ignore the Mori retards, if you're able to look professional and build up the hype before your debut you'll be much better off than starting now, streaming to 0-5 people and then no one caring once you debut

>> No.879747

>ignore the advice from someone who has actually made it and instead take advice from some random on /vt/ who is telling you to spend a ton of cash to "look professional" before you even know what you're doing
sounds legit

>> No.879805

>>879437
There's nothing to prove right. You literally have no actual point to what you are saying. You just keep saying 'follow the template' but there's *no fucking template*. Vtubers as a whole are brand fucking new. You just say to do what the 'big names' are doing, but even they are newbies to all this and everyone should be experimenting as much as possible. Like, shit like this:

>If you're need to be different is so immense that it dilutes your potential as a entertainer and creator then be prepared to have people laugh at you and write you off as not a vtuber because you want to use an avatar instead of putting in any amount of work.
You somehow right off "not being a defined character" as being so vastly different from the 'norm' (which doesn't exist) that it dilutes you. Just shut the fuck up already and stop trying to pass yourself off as some expert in the subject. You know what kills off interest in a medium? Everyone being samey and no one being willing to do something different, or willing to do something just because they want to.

Also vtubing is *literally* just streaming with a 2d/3d model instead of your fleshbag face. That's it by definition. The whole "character" thing is a separate process.

>> No.879829

>>879747
I'm not even that guy but it's pretty fucking pathetic that you're only response to advice that goes against what you want to hear is to passive aggressively speak into the air.
You don't want advice, you want validation.

>> No.879863

>>879829
>you want validation.
>"stop tweet, start creating" is seeking validation
?

>> No.879983

>>879805
then why was "vtubing" not even considered a thing before Kizuna Ai popularized the concept and name?
why is "roommate" talk a thing and why is it banned here?
why do *actual* vtubers go through great lengths to separate their IRL selves from their character?
Why is there even a differentiation between vtubers and avatars if they're supposedly the same thing in your eyes?

>> No.879993

>>835570
Supposedly Ina just sang something and then talked about fruit for several minutes.

I feel like for Hololive the contents of the audition matter less than the passion

>> No.880012

>>879747
>>879863
>ignore the advice from someone who has actually made it and instead take advice from some random on /vt/
>"stop tweet, start creating" is seeking validation
Are moritards really this retarded? Instead of replying to someone you just made a post for others to read being passive aggressive in hopes that others would back you up and agree with you. That's what they meant by saying that you want validation.

>> No.880017

>>879983
how fucking new are you?

>> No.880020

>>879747
While she "made it", she didn't "make it as a vtuber". She was picked to be one because of previous years of work but that work wasn't worked aimed at being a vtuber, to my knowledge.

Not trying to discount her hard work, but she went a totally different avenue. Even if they "start creating", waiting until they actually have their model makes more sense.

>> No.880046

>>880017
>newfag calling others a newfag
ayup

>> No.880047

>>880020
>She was picked to be one because of previous years of work
wow, so turns out "stop tweeting, start creating" actually worked for her. i rest my case.

>> No.880056

>>877782
lol this sounds like a meme. You're saying to practice singing and voice acting for YEARS (which is how long it'd take to have a product worth selling to anyone) then become a vtuber?

>> No.880102

>>879983
You aren't the brightest bulb in the bunch, are you?

>> No.880123

>>880102
Not an argument.

>> No.880128

>>880047
Being picked up via an audition based on past experience isn't the same as just suddenly becoming a vtuber one day after paying for a comm. I'm not saying to just be a v-tweeter, but literally why wouldn't you wait to have your character model, one of the main draws to your stream, before creating anything?

>> No.880194

>>880123
That's because it wasn't one. Do try and keep up.

>> No.880198

>>880047
the guy posted that he will be paying for it, he just wanted to vent about how much it is. ideally, he would just stream to see if he likes it but if he's paying, he might as well just wait for it to be finished.

>> No.880211

>>879983
Vtubers are specifically people who use face tracking software. Kizuna Ai was the first one to do that often, and the reason she was called a VTuber was because she created the moniker 'virtual youtuber' because she was an artificial intelligence - or one that was made virtually, so she was a youtuber who was virtual. That's the reason for the origin of the name.

>> No.880215

>>879983
>then why was "vtubing" not even considered a thing before Kizuna Ai popularized the concept and name?
Because she made it popular? I mean, shit, someone has to be the breakout hit. Certainly wasn't her fucking characterization (or lack thereof) that did it.

>why is "roommate" talk a thing and why is it banned here?
Because doxxing is bad you braindead coconut.

>why do *actual* vtubers go through great lengths to separate their IRL selves from their character?
See above, but if you do have a character you need to go out of your way not to break it.

>Why is there even a differentiation between vtubers and avatars if they're supposedly the same thing in your eyes?
Avatar has a number of meanings, honestly. I mostly think of it in the old forum avatar sense due to my age. If you mean using an animated avatar to represent you in all your streaming instead of using face cam or something, they're the same thing. However as an actual concept, vtuber works better as a descriptor than "person who streams with a live2d avatar". And I highly doubt anyone fucking cares.

Like seriously, you think if I popped up a live2d model, no character, no "vtuber" term in my description or stream name at all, that people wont immediately just consider me a vtuber anyway? No one gives a shit.

>> No.880230

>/auds/ at this time of day
>it's the same schizo
absolute clockwork, without fail

>> No.880346

>>880215
>people wont immediately just consider me a vtuber anyway?
That's what we should be hoping for but if you want to open the floodgates and let vtubing get ran into the ground by people who don't understand it then be my fucking guest.
As I said, time will prove me right. Now I need only to sit back and watch the death of another thing I enjoy at the hands of those that know nothing.
Later, niggers.

>> No.880376

>>880346
The irony in this post is staggering. You do know you have to be 18 to post here, right?

>> No.880395

>>880346
>That's what we should be hoping for but if you want to open the floodgates and let vtubing get ran into the ground
Do you think 'vtuber' is some fucking holy pedestal item that should never be touched? You *legitimately* need to just step off the internet for a bit because you have a problem. Like mentally, emotionally, something. Somethings wrong in your noggin, and I hope you get some therapy or just go gardening for a bit. Pandemic may be rattling your brain. I was annoyed by you earlier but at this point I just kinda feel bad for you.

>> No.880416

>>880230
it feels like they've been in and out since i woke up today actually but it's still hilarious to see

>> No.881281

>>846017
>I'm not just getting dunning-kruger'd, right?
yes you are
>and even then that's what Anki is there for
anki is not a magic pill

if you really want to learn nip keep it separate now and start now

>> No.881380

Anki uses the spaced repetition model for memorization, so even if you use it now, you're not gonna see results until like a month down the line for even the first set of cards.

>> No.881462

>>852898
americans are so bloody retarded init

>> No.881528

please tell me how can i make a good model on vroid i don't have money to spend on commission i am willing to even blender and shit

>> No.881817
File: 1.18 MB, 1450x2048, Endo and Kobayashi’s Live Commentary on the Villainess - Vol.1 Ch.1 - 21.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Contrary to what you might believe, this is VTubing

>> No.884406

even though my growth might not be fast or anything, the few people you meet that seem really excited to talk to you and watch you really makes things feel worth it
the progress isn't always linear and sometimes might even feel like you're regressing but it really does feel you just gotta keep at it
we're all gonna make it bros

>> No.884498

reminder that you need to be playing a character to be a vtuber

>> No.884550

>>884406
sounds like what you're doing is working, good luck and keep at it, anon

>> No.884606

>>884498
Nyanners?

>> No.886667

that discord reactive images thing linked above may be the cheapest way to go short of a static and boring png in the corner

>> No.886749

>>886667
it gets posted around here every few threads because it is legitimately the simplest way to have some kind of expression on your avatar
There was another one that had 4 expressions, in think the same 2 from that video+blinking frames that also is pretty good but in japanese

>> No.886770

>>886749
>There was another one that had 4 expressions, in think the same 2 from that video+blinking frames that also is pretty good but in japanese
yeah, i saw that one, it's in the OP, but i haven't done my nihongo reps so i don't even know what i'm look at other than the gif.

>> No.887092 [SPOILER] 
File: 2.92 MB, 4441x6213, 1614064533701.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Is anyone aspiring to be a pretend female VTuber?
Spoiler: pic very unrelated

>> No.887511

>>887092
i don't know how long i would be able to keep the act up. i'd feel more at ease just being myself.

>> No.887626

>>887511
My fear with anything like that is that if you're ever found out as not-actually-a-girl your channel is instantly dead. Even if guys can't get off the ground it still seems like a safer bet over all.

>> No.887996

>>870715
This is going to sound kind of dismissive but... get more viewers.

The 0 viewer trap is self-imposed. You know more than 5 people, and probably have at least 5 friends who are weebs. Invite them in, or connect with other sub-100 follower chuubs to get your start.

>> No.888078

>>872580
It sounds like you kinda suck at your job, but good luck just the same!
Also what >>875125 said. Personally I have a CyberPower, but you should have one on a PC anyway. They may be consumer grade, but a PC is still sensitive precision electronics.

>> No.888176

>>877117
I wouldn't worry about it
I spent 1500 before anyone ever heard of me, and it's already been a good investment.

>> No.888295

>>887626
>>887511
If you can genuinely pull off the voice well enough to fool someone, you'd be better off just saying you're a male from the start and being a super excellent trap or cute boy type.

It'd actually make you much more popular. There are plenty of girls who can do a cute voice. A guy who can do a cute girl voice? That's a special talent.

>> No.890413

>>887092
It'd be easier to play a trap than pretend to be a girl.

>> No.890477

Godspeed, every each and one of you.

>> No.890528

>>870715
People shit on the whole Twitter thing but it's a great way to find a base audience. Some people are always looking to get in on the ground floor of a new streamer if they're interesting. It makes them feel like they're part of something

>> No.890715

>>890477
Success is as terrifying as failure.

>> No.891410

>>888176
Thanks man this is reassuring

>> No.891468

>>891410
A pro-quality model opens doors.
You need people to give you a second look in a sea of vtubers, after all. That means either having a really unique gimmick, a really unique niche, or just plain really high quality.

Unique gimmicks or niche subject matter leads to you capping out at some point, though. Pure quality will never fail you.

>> No.894112

>>891468
Valefor...

>> No.894140

>>894112
That's the robot guy, right?
If so, I've seen his stuff around but never checked into him.
Is he stalling in viewership because of his gimmick or something?

>> No.894362

>>894140
Maybe he had the same mistake as Artemis in that he wasn't interesting enough outside of his many transformations. He even had a Waifu Mode in one of his streams as a desperate measure. Valefor's not alone, CLARITYen is a vtuber group composed of awesome-looking mechs (and one mascot character). Unfortunately they don't use any voice filters or have any prominent personality. Other members are Hazard Hornet, Zwei Kanie, Omni Havoc, and Garou Nebula. Dunno about that one extra character. Garou's HUGE, if his debut stream's art is anything to go by.

Although on that note, I saw this in the crabborg's timeline.
https://twitter.com/TkbotEisen

>> No.894572

>>894362
I dunno.
It seems like there are a lot of chuubs who have cool designs and are let down by their performance skill... or good performance skill let down by a poor design.

It really does take a lot of effort to do this stuff well, in the end.

>> No.894732

>>880346
treat this general like a farm, there's an unprecedented amount of fun just by observing train wrecks go at it.

>> No.895562

>>879502
He is right though. That's where the "virtual" in "virtual youtuber" came from. The term coined by Kizuna Ai, and the point is that they are a virtual character living in virtual space. It's the literal definition.
It's upsetting to see a lot of the western streamers not understanding this and is bastardizing the label by simply using an avatar without the part that makes a vtuber a vtuber.

>> No.895601

>>888295
Yeah… That's true, that counts as an Unique Selling Point and a strength. made me remember of a comic where a professor raised up a noble girl(male) which used to be rabid caveman. Can't remember the keyword associated with the image though

>> No.895861
File: 1.35 MB, 810x1410, Education of Wild Children.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>895601
Luckily, you're replying to a person who has it~

And if you can pull off the cute girl voice you better hit this thread with a vocaroo right now, man.

>> No.895891

>>894572
>>894362
Yeah the issue with Valefor is that he's fucking boring.

I've checked out some of his streams and the insane amount of dead air is borderline uncomfortable

>> No.895917

>>887092
If you are going to be a pretend female vtuber, then you must be upfront about being a guy IRL, or at least already be known as a guy before you begin. That's how the Japanese do it, anyway.

>> No.896423

>>877117
That's not a lot of money if you don't live in the third world. This is a business expense, you aren't chucking that cash away for fun. People trying to become self-employed have to cough up tens to hundreds of thousands of dollars upfront for locations, equipment, merchandise etc so in the grand scheme of things, trying to become a vtuber is relatively baby-tier when it comes to financial resources required to get a gig going. Sure, it not working out is gonna sting more if you spent 1k on your model than 300bucks, but you shouldn't assume you will fail. Even if you do, those aren't life-changing sums of money.

>> No.896556 [SPOILER] 
File: 449 KB, 1338x1920, 1614090907035.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>895861
Not yet, >>>/lgbt/19181236 reps are notorious for a reason. Undoing a lifetime habit is hard.

As >>895601 said, it could be a strength as an unique selling point if you said you're a guy IRL.

>> No.896564

>>895917
The... Babiniku types which I definitely misspelled are still well respected in JP, and while they're more niche in EN, it isn't like people actively hate them.
and frankly, if the vocalization really works it's all gucci. Sort of pull a Tamaki--female character, male actor. Don't need to keep it a secret. Nobody hates Tamaki for being voiced by a girl, y'know?

>> No.896604

>>896556
That seems like a lot of work to get a cute voice.

Have you tried just being a cute and charming boy?

>> No.899415

>>896556
>>806894

>> No.899921

should i get an Elgato Stream Deck Mini ?

>> No.900108

>>899921
I got the standard stream deck.
It's really handy for keyed expressions and scene switching. I'm really enjoying it.

>> No.900222

New thread?

>> No.900225

>>900108
>keyed expressions
that's what I was thinking. Could you explain this a bit? Would clicking on one of them be able to change the expression on my avatar?

>> No.900407

>>900399
>>900399
>>900399

>> No.900483

>>900225
I mean, it depends on your avatar and what program you're doing, but you can set arbitrary hotkeys in the elgato software. It should work.

>> No.903677

>>880056
Yes.

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action