[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vt/ - Virtual Youtubers

View post   

File: 2.82 MB, 2800x1890, Huntermyth5.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR] No.7595941 [Reply] [Original]

HoloEN TTRPG General

Previous thread: >>7553080

Booru- Find and post all your new Huntermyth fan art here!
https://holo.booru.org

Current campaign listed below in chronological order:

PROLOGUE CAMPAIGN
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
CHARACTER CREATION
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPyOZkyIosc

TUTORIAL SESSION 1: TIARA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hB5QuSYBKw

TUTORIAL SESSION 2: YUUL
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXwW-g6P3zI

TUTORIAL SESSION 3: WATOTO
https://youtu.be/CLvdLn_S4uA

TUTORIAL SESSION 4: SCOUT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MiGxbsKyO8
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Calli's post-tutorial recap: thoughts and plans (OPTIONAL)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxvoFyeC-Do

FIRST CAMPAIGN
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
SESSION 1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2970h417AzI
SESSION 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHKKXDpvVhk
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Session 3 will be a bit further down the road, most likely on Ina's channel. Kiara has announced plans to respec her merits to fit in better with Calli's homebrew rules; drop by and give her some advice if she's in need of some nerd savior. Any updates to character sheets will be posted as soon as they can be acquired.

Official Mythbreakers playlist:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLB8Nt5W7hnKA-nna_2FcXRSeg0un0dogU

>> No.7595999
File: 3.41 MB, 1530x1955, Character Sheet Tutorial ALL.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>>7595941
For newfriends / fa/tg/uys: this is a Chronicles of Darkness (CofD) homebrew being played by the fabulous ladies of Hololive English, running under the Hunter: the Vigil module. As most of the players are new to the world of tabletop RPGs, this campaign is being played as more of learning experience, with fun and entertainment the primary goals.

THE CAST:

>Mori Calliope
as THE STORYTELLER.
Everyone's beloved, buxom, pink-haired, adorably awkward boomer reaper. A solid journeyman in playing tabletop, she is the acting GM and organizer of this campaign.
>Takanashi Kiara
as TIARA
An explosively extroverted phoenix and savvy owner of the moderately popular fast food franchise, Kiara Fried Phoenix (KFP). Her experience in TTRPGs is limited to a small amount of DnD played as a child. Her character is Tiara, a nobly born foreigner with a talent for handguns and communicating with birbs, particularly her pet owl, Uhu.
>Ninomae Ina'nis
as YUUL
A soft-spoken, sweet-natured priestess of the Deep Ones, also a talented artist whose character renditions has fueled the flood of Huntermyth fanart. A newbie in the realm of TTRPGs. Her character is Yuul B. Alwright, a sleep-deprived college student with a talent for academics, crafts, and vehicular homicide.
>Amelia Watson
as WATOTO
An animal-loving time traveler and detective with a rough-and-tumble approach to life. Yet another newcomer to the realm of TTRPGs. Her character is Watoto, a paranoid, conspiratorial dealer of herbal concoctions and drugs who holds his own with rough street charisma and his fists.
>Gawr Gura
as SCOUT
An infectiously amiable shark, long-time resident of the underwater kingdom of Atlantis. She is also new to TTRPGs, but don't let that fool you, her roleplay and improv performance so far has been nothing less than masterful. After going through multiple drafts and iterations, she has settled upon the party's final character: an illiterate, tough-as-nails country blacksmith named Scout, a melee and survival powerhouse.

>> No.7596101
File: 172 KB, 1875x779, WoD Lore Dump 1.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>>7595941
Got the OP trimmed to two posts. All of the WoD Lore info has been converted to image format, and will be available on demand. Character sheets have also been compiled into a single image (shown above).

>> No.7598835
File: 158 KB, 1600x1200, OO2nQ.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

Your character sheet, anon, is it ready?

>> No.7599607

Should I repost the big Mage explanation? I don't know if the person it was for actually saw it.

>> No.7600370

>>7595941
>>7595999
Really liking the new OP btw. A tiny tweak I'd make though
>running under the Hunter: the Vigil module
Module is the wrong word, you'd be better off using game/splat. Module is most commonly used to describe a pre-made adventure or campaign.

>> No.7601767

How fast would you buy a game miniatures set for the Mythbreakers?

>> No.7601818

>>7601767
As merch? That would be amazing compared to acrylics or pillows.

>> No.7602148
File: 640 KB, 864x851, 1628205325236.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>>7599607
Wouldn't hurt, we're on a slow week.

>>7601767
I'd buy anything related to it: miniatures, wall scrolls, fumos, the unwashed pair of panties Calli wore when streaming. I'd collect every bit of Huntermyth-related merch that pops up.

Also last thread got auto pruned at 123 posts, this board has gotten too fast for it content load. Jannies let blatant shill and troll threads fester worse than they do on /v/.

>> No.7602191

>>7523118
5 things to know. "Arcana" govern what things a spell can effect, these are rated in dots 1-5. The more dots you have the more "Practices" you know for an Arcanum, these dictate how it can effect the things. Three types of spells, Rote spells are fixed effect spells you can learn that are much easier to cast, then you have Improvised spells which give you a whole lot of flexibility but are more complicated and prone to bad stuff, and then Praxes which are Improvised spells that you're practised with and better at. Spells have factors (Potency, Duration, Scale, Range, Casting Time) the bigger these factors, the harder and more costly a spell is to cast. Then you have Paradox which is basically backlash from warping reality, the more you "Reach" to cast powerful spells the worse these effects are, non-magic types seeing you do it doesn't help either. All of the above will determine what any given spell requires, can do, it's difficulty, and its cost. There is a host of magical tools and techniques that make these things easier. Every faction has is preferred tools that are symbolically important, basically magic wands. You don't need them, but it makes it easier.

These are the 10 Arcana and their purviews.
>Death
Darkness, decay, ectoplasm, ghosts, the Underworld, souls, cold, absence, enervation, endings
>Fate
Blessings, hexes, probability, fortune, oaths, promises, intentions, destiny
>Forces
Electricity, gravity, radiation, sound, light, heat, fire, weather, movement
>Life
Healing, disease, food, animals, plants, evolution, metamorphosis, physicality, vigor
>Matter
Alchemy, gases, solids, liquids, shaping, crafting, transmutation, stasis
>Mind
Communication, language, hallucination, Goetia, thought, memory, mental projection, the Astral Realms
>Prime
Magic, the Supernal World, Nimbus, truth, Yantras, Mana, Hallows, tass, resonance, revelation
>Space
Distance, separation, sympathy, conjuration, scrying, warding
>Spirit
Essence, spirits, the Shadow, the Gauntlet
>Time
Prophecy, change, postcognition, time travel, time contraction and dilation

Here are the 13 Practices and the dot you get them for any given Arcanum.
>1 Dot
Compelling: Nudge a preferred but possible outcome into reality.
Knowing: Deliver knowledge about something directly to the mage.
Unveiling: Expose hidden things to the mage’s senses.
>2 Dots
Ruling: Fuller control over phenomena than a mere Compelling spell.
Shielding: Provides protection against phenomena under the Arcanum’s purview.
Veiling: Conceal things under the Arcanum’s purview from detection, or conceal a target from concrete phenomena under the Arcanum’s purview
>3 Dots
Fraying: Degrade things, weakening them and enhancing their flaws.
Perfecting: Improve things, bolstering them and enhancing strengths.
Weaving: Alter nearly any property of a target without transforming it into something completely different.
>4 Dots
Patterning: Completely transform a target into something else that falls under the Arcanum’s purview.
Unravelling: Significantly impair or damage phenomena under the Arcanum’s purview, or directly inflict severe damage using the forces of an Arcanum.
>5 Dots
Making: Allow for the creation of whole new phenomena ex nihilo.
Unmaking: Annihilate subjects under the Arcanum’s purview entirely.

If you want to decide a coinflip, that's Compelling Fate and thus requires 1 dot in Fate. A Death Knowing spell could tell you how someone died. A Ruling Forces spell might let you snuff out fire, or change the direction of gravity. A Weaving Life spell could change the physical appearance of someone or even their attributes. A Patterning Spirit spell could allow you to change one type of spirit into another type of spirit. A Making Time spell could make a pocket of time that makes the whole world freeze while in it. An Unmaking Life spell could kill a person.

You can also combine Arcana together to effect a wider range of things, Time and Life Weaving could make a person physically older. With a Making Space spell you could create a pocket dimension, but you'd need at least 2 dots in Time for Ruling in order to allow time to flow normally there, and you'd need 2 dots in Death in order to allow ghosts to use it too. A Pattering Life spell would let you shapeshift, but you'd also need Matter at 4 dots to shapeshift your clothing and gear along with you. Stuff like that.

That's pretty much it, I'm only at 4431 characters too. Not sure what else I should say that's actually important for the broad strokes of how they work. I guess I'll touch on Attainments. Basically each dot in an Arcanum gets you a new magic trick, they're like spells but not spells. At one dot you can Counterspell that Arcanum. 2 gets you a Mage Armour for each one, as well as a free Merit-like "Lesser Utility". 3 dots comes with better summoning of things related to it. 4 dots comes with the "Greater Utility" for each of them which tend to be pretty fun. With 5 dots you get to make your own Rotes.

>> No.7602351

>>7602191
I'll keep this in jaypegg format for later use, should come in handy if I get around to joining a WoD group.

>> No.7602654

>>7602148
auto-pruned? as in, we didn't keep it up past page 10 or as in we have shit Jannies?

>> No.7602700

>>7602654
As in it died because it wasn't active enough.

>> No.7602741

>>7602191
Question: Would manipulating concepts fall under Prim? Or maybe something else?

Or, alternatively, how would I go about achieving the following effect:

Let's say I have a walking stick and I want to apply the concept of "Battering Ram" to the stick. My intended effect is to be able to whack a door with the walking stick and have the door blow open in a shower of splinters from the broken door frame.

Or something like that.

>> No.7603016

>>7602654
>>7602700
Was pretty busy when I made it yesterday. Had 123 posts when I got off around 10:30pm or so. Got back on around 6pm and it was archived, no new posts since. Honestly surprised it got pruned, but it gave me the opportunity to give the new OP a test post.

Vtuber threads had to migrate to their own board since it was overwhelming the very, very important touhou shitposts and onahole threads on /jp/, but there's a lot more activity here than anyone expected.

>> No.7604509

>>7602191
So as a practical example, how would you make a spell that turns someone into a catgirl (ears are a must, tail optional) permanently? How powerful would be a mage need to cast such a spell?

>> No.7605040
File: 135 KB, 463x453, 1613566183349.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>>7602741

Prime is not a universal applicator of concepts.

>Let's say I have a walking stick and I want to apply the concept of "Battering Ram" to the stick. My intended effect is to be able to whack a door with the walking stick and have the door blow open in a shower of splinters from the broken door frame.
For this, you would use Forces. The sample Forces 2 spell "Kinetic Blow" can enhance unarmed attacks or weapons by increasing their kinetic energy.

>>7604509

Permanent spells are very, very difficult to achieve. To make a spell permanent, you generally need to spend plenty of "Reach," raw spellcasting upgrades, to do so. The more mastery of an Arcanum you have, the more Reach you can spend. It probably has to be ritual-cast, too.

Life 2 is generally enough to change a person's appearance. The sample Life 2 spell "Mutable Mask" shows that it can be done. However, for a permanent effect, you would very well need more dots in Life as well as greater spellcasting power in general.

These are some sample spells as benchmarks:
http://wodcodex.com/wiki/Spells,_All_(2nd_Edition)

>> No.7605187
File: 274 KB, 608x608, 1608013454371.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>>7602741

Prime is not a universal applicator of concepts.

>Let's say I have a walking stick and I want to apply the concept of "Battering Ram" to the stick. My intended effect is to be able to whack a door with the walking stick and have the door blow open in a shower of splinters from the broken door frame.
For this, you would use Forces. The sample Forces 2 spell "Kinetic Blow" can enhance unarmed attacks or weapons by increasing their kinetic energy.

>>7604509

Permanent spells are very, very difficult to achieve. To make a spell permanent, you need to take a huge dice penalty and spend "Reach," a raw spellcasting upgrade, to do so. The more mastery of an Arcanum you have, the more Reach you can spend. It probably has to be ritual-cast, too, and you would need to pull in plenty of dice bonuses from elsewhere.

Life 2 is generally enough to change a person's appearance. The sample Life 2 spell "Mutable Mask" shows that it can be done. However, for a permanent effect, you would very well need more dots in Life as well as greater spellcasting power in general, to offset the penalties you would be taking.

These are some sample spells as benchmarks:
http://wodcodex.com/wiki/Spells,_All_(2nd_Edition)

>> No.7605469
File: 21 KB, 232x227, 1617687075526.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>>7604509
>>7605187

Mage: The Awakening 2e has *very* heavy rules on precisely what it takes to customize a spell. And you absolutely must familiarize yourself with these rules if you want to know how to make a spell permanent, how to ritual-cast, how to modify a spell in other ways, and so on and so forth.

Like many games, however, this can be cheesed. The real cheese in Mage: The Awakening 2e comes from casting spells that give you dice bonuses or automatic success Conditions (e.g. from Fate) and using those to buff your own spellcasting.

>> No.7606024
File: 41 KB, 463x453, 1599690641708.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>>7604509
>>7605187
>>7605469

Now, a major complication in Mage: The Awakening 2e is that you cannot afford to let "normal people" see any visible result of your magic. Vampires, werewolves, changelings, and so on are not normal people, but Hunters are considered "normal people."

Bad things happen when "normal people" see a visible product of magic. Very bad things. Their sheer Dissonance erodes the spell away, it wracks the mortal's own mind, it strengthens nearby Abyssal entities, and it exacerbates the chances of Paradox, the spell going completely awry.

If you start slinging fireballs in public, things will absolutely go wrong.

You might be able to turn someone into a catperson, but if a "normal person" inspects the ears and tail and realizes that they are real, then Dissonance will strike.

You might be thinking that this makes certain Arcana, like Fate and Mind, more useful due to their subtle nature. Yes, they tend to be subtle by default, but an Arcanum like Forces or Matter can also be used subtly given some creativity.

>> No.7606517
File: 877 KB, 688x434, Steadfast.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>>7604509
>>7605187
>>7605469
>>7606024

Where Mage 2e goes crazy is that you can buff your own spellcasting rolls.

For example, Fate 2 is all you need to cast "Exceptional Luck," which can give you the Steadfast Condition.

Steadfast lets you automatically succeed on a roll, even when you would fail... and that includes spellcasting rolls that you are taking huge penalties on. As you might expect, this can get stupid.

>> No.7607525

>>7602741
>Question: Would manipulating concepts fall under Prime? Or maybe something else?
Typically, you don't manipulate concepts like you're describing. Magic in MtAw isn't about conceptual manipulation of the real, it's about knowing that the world people think is real is a lie and that you have been awakened to the truth. This infinite truth that you know see can be envisioned with such clarity, and back up by force of will, that it you form a new reality and override the false reality. So, reality is a lie, you know better, and you'll be damned if it doesn't comply.

This is totally doable, but as described above it's not a matter forcing a concept onto it but changing reality to match you image. It's actually a Matter 3, Forces 2 spell from a decently powerful Mage. I'll break it all down properly but essentially you need to both manipulate the force of the blow (Ruling Forces) and strengthen the object (Perfecting Matter) to make it a functional ram.

Other anon says this is done with Kinetic Blow, but that's not really gonna cut it. It's a Ruling Forces spell that can grant a weapon extra damage by allowing the mage to focus in all its energy to a single point. However, all that does is give a weapon more damage, and you also need to strengthen the weapon in order for it to not explode too. Improvised weapons, like the walking stick, take equal damage to what they deal. An objects "health" is called Structure, this is it's Size + Durability. A walking stick would be Size 2, and it's Durability would be 1 as it is made up of wood. So it's going to have be improved to handle the stresses, improving something is Perfecting which means we need 3 dots in the Arcanum under which the target falls. As this is a material we're seeking to improve it's a Matter spell. As we are combining 2 Arcana into a single spell you need to be a slightly advanced Mage to do so, so not every rookie can manage this. You need "Gnosis" 3 to do this, which is basically their "wizard power" stat.

Doors are Size 5, and made of Wood which is Durabitly 1. This means it has 6 Structure. Durability also serves as armour for objects reducing all the damage they take by that amount. So you need to deal 7 damage in one swing, and have an object capable of handling that stress. So we need a relatively powerful spell, in this case Potency 6 for enough Durability and extra damage to break the door and keep the ram intact. That level of spell is actually very difficult to pull off if your trying to do it as soon as you can. With the bare minimum stats you have 0 dice to roll, which makes this spell very unlikely to happen. You can spend Willpower on it for 3 dice, but to be sure you'd want to have some higher stats really. Either way, when cast, the walking stick will both have enough damage to explode the door and enough Durability to shrug off the damage. So it's not a particularly complicated spell, but it's a great example of how the purviews of the Arcana work.

>> No.7607839
File: 776 KB, 678x390, Kinetic Blow.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>>7607525

>However, all that does is give a weapon more damage, and you also need to strengthen the weapon in order for it to not explode too.

No, Kinetic Blow does not endanger the weapon you use, unless you want to argue that using Kinetic Blow on your own body endangers your fists and feets when you use them to strike?

>> No.7607919

>>7607839
Because unarmed strikes aren't improvised weapons, but a walking stick is. I did mention that.

>> No.7608328
File: 314 KB, 644x166, Improvised.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>>7607919

A fair point. It might just be better to use a simpler Matter spell to modify a walking stick into something like a club, which would make it a non-improvised weapon and thus skip the entire rule about improvised weapons.

>> No.7608379

>>7608328
Might as well make it into a battering ram then. That sort of defeats the exercise though, and is also not the desired effect.

>> No.7609845

>>7604509
First you identify the purview of the effect, you're trying to effect an animal so this is Life. Then you do the Practice, you're not looking to turn them into something totally new (Which would be Patterning) just alter feature of them, so this is Weaving. So you need at least 3 Dots in Life to begin. Making it permeant isn't actually very difficult but at 1 Gnosis, 3 Life you're not rolling many dice. You'd have 4 in your pool but an indefinite spell is -6, so even with Willpower that's only 1.

Furthermore there is the matter of "Reach" to contend with. This is essentially the Mage stretching things to get more out of their magic, the more you Reach the worse Paradox becomes. You need two Reaches for this spell, the first is to change Duration to Advanced Duration which basically means making it lasts long amounts of time instead of just turns, and the second is because indefinite spells also take a Reach. But there are ways to get "free" Reaches to avoid Paradox, for every dot in the Arcanum you have that equals or exceeds the highest needed for the spell you get a free Reach. So as this spell needs two Reaches and is a Life 3 spell, you would need 4 Life in order to have the two free Reaches. To get Life 4 you need Gnosis 3 though, but if you had Gnosis 3, Life 4 you'd also have more dice and less penalties from the duration. So with those stats you can be rolling 6 dice with Willpower and can surely make someone a cat girl forever. You need to be a pretty powerful Mage to do it reliably, and unaided.

Mages do have lots of tricks for extra dice, the first being ritual casting. They can just take more time to cast the spell for dice bonuses. Then you've got "Yantras" which are a variety of helpful tools or techniques to increase your odds. So you could do it lower, I just don't want to explain that shit.

>>7605187
>>7605469
>>7606024
>>7606517
You could have fit this all into one thing. If you could use paragraphs too that'd be appreciated. I obviously don't have an issue with mage talk, but you have taken up a load of screen space with line breaks for every sentence. It's just a little unpleasant to read. Thanks.
Also, stopping the avatarfagging would be cool too. That's just more screen space taken up.

>> No.7610824
File: 1.18 MB, 971x1262, nWoD The Hook.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

the fae are coming for their asses....

>> No.7611248

So, Calli is taking off the easy mode.

Who is going to suffer this lesson the harshest?
>Watoto for pacting often and trusting all animals.
>Tiara for having steel ovaries and a hot head
>Scout for that and butting in like pretend authoritai.
I think Yuul will do fine. her near death in the tutorial really cut her, and made her rational and cautious.

that also makes me realize the Tutorial streams weren't watched by the other players. No one has a guarantee that they know how the other tutorials went down.

>> No.7611357

>>7611248
Kiara/Tiara is probably the one who is in the most danger. I don't think she realizes how out-matched most mortals and hunters are relative to the supernatural.

>> No.7611882
File: 774 KB, 2190x2834, Cartbreakers2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>>7611248
>>7611357
Current survivability of each member:
>Tiara
Combat oriented and can actually get the hell out of the way with some athletics. Kiara's most recent Skyward Sword stream had her talking about her PC multiple times, and she is going to respec her merits after learning more about them. She still seems to think she can go toe-to-toe with supernaturals, but she also has a good understanding of TT, so she's in a middle ground.
>Yuul
Unless she's running enemies over, she's a sitting duck. Thankfully Ina is cautious and level-headed, especially after getting acquiring a new asshole from the Hook. So long as full combat is avoided and she keeps a level head, I can see Yuul making it.
>Watoto
This nigga's marked for death, but his kit is actually pretty solid. Some social and combat, and the crafting helps. If only Ame could stop making bad decisions...
>Scooter
"You can get in, but can you get out?" describes our country girl. If Scout were in Skyrim, she'd be well suited to surviving without any assistance. Unfortunately, she's not in Skyrim, and there's no fast travel in WoD. Even if Gura makes good decisions and keeps her wits about her, Scout's sheer inability to do much more than swing, scavenge, and forge may leave her in some very dire spots.

>> No.7613491

>>7611882
>If only Ame could stop making bad decisions...
Ame won't stop making deals until she owes her soul to a True Fae, the Wyrm, least two spirits, and a Demon

>> No.7614661
File: 132 KB, 556x484, Watoto9.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>>7613491
>soul already lost
>loan it out to everyone for maximum party success
Ame is the kind person who shamelessly runs up millions on multiple credit cards because she knows debt doesn't follow you into the afterlife. Truly /ourgirl/

>> No.7615219

>>7611357
By human standards Tiara is quite dangerous, especially if she reworks her merits, and she’s now pretty well equipped with a pistol and a rifle. Even low end supernaturals would be a little careful around her since luck matters a lot at the low end. Even players with meta awareness are caught off guard by the gap between your average werewolf and a strong human. Only Yuul really understands what they are up against after having like 30 dice thrown at her.

Also I didn’t know much about Changling going into her session, the chat/thread reaction when everyone realized the Hook had 15 attack dice was glorious

>> No.7615260

>>7613491
That’s actually an interesting question: if Watoto sells his soul to multiple devils so to speak, could he somehow weasel his way out without getting totally screwed? Mori’s mixing so many sources, how do the Wyrm and the MG stack up for example?

>> No.7615308

>>7615219
>By human standards Tiara is quite dangerous
Absolutely not. She's spread out too thin.

>> No.7620015

>>7613491
I might not work, but the ole "Sell your soul to everyone" strategy is not a bad decision, but a highest risk highest reward one.

>> No.7622004

>>7614661
Watoto wheel
Watoto deal

>> No.7623583

>>7615308
>You might almost rival high-grade military marksmen with your revolver, but you're not dangerous because you can't make pancakes.

>> No.7623815
File: 293 KB, 1500x1100, nexus motherfuckin crawler.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>>7615260
>>7620015
I am going to have to back the dirty-ass Wyrm on this one, not because she chose the Wyrm but because NEXUS CRAWLER.
....yeah, i know it's in the corebook, but it's the most powerful entity in a corebook short of Call of Cthulhu having Azazoth. for a mere point expenditure, that motherfucker can literally perform major re-works of reality.
It can turn the floor to lava. it can reverse gravity underneath the rock layer so we are all on a giant floating collapsing disk.
.....TLDR: Nexus Crawler has a very high paiting of tactical power and strategic power in one very nasty package.

now....

Say Watoto learns a few things.
Say he learns that Nexus Boys can warp reality. Say he learns they really are more mercs of the Wyrm than faithful Wyrm minions. Say he makes a second contract, where they talk things over and They make a working relationship.
...if Watoto can feed souls he finds to the crawler (not the Wyrm) they may work out a very interesting power-deal together....

>> No.7624161
File: 268 KB, 853x482, do unto communists.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>>7615308
>>7623583
see,
>>7623583
this guy is correct.
violence is A LOT more useful in general than the soiboyz give it credit for...hell, how did the left flex political muscle in 2020, eh? that wasn't "peaceful" at all.
serious.
It gets magnified in an RPG where consequences don't follow you after the game, so you can go full Himmler on some motherfuckers and just walk away when you are done.

when it comes to raw power:
>Tiara>>>Scout>>>Watoto>>>>>>>>Yuul

Once Scout gets a point in firearms and a shotgun that powerlevel will close."but right now, Tiara is their asskicker, followed closely by Scout.

>> No.7624212

>>7624161
Dude, fuck off please. No one wants you dragging your horseshit political opinions through this thread. If that's what you wanna talk about, there is a board that.

>> No.7624360

>>7624212
>using politics as a way to sidestep the reality that violence is king.
let me guess, you want to be a woman?

>> No.7624423

>>7624212
he's right. it's easy to take cellphone video of a gun, but it won't stop you from getting shot.
being dead is highly overrated.

>> No.7624433

>>7624360
Nope, just want you to fuck off if you can't go two replies without crying about some unrelated political bollocks. This isn't the thread for it, and I'd really appreciate if you could just not try your hardest to shit them up.

>> No.7624493

>>7624212
You can't stop a bullet with an opinion.

>> No.7624517

>>7624433
>butthurt middleclass white

>> No.7624635

>>7613491
Man, if Watoto is going the John Constantine route of "let all those bastards I sold my soul to fight over it" I wonder how it plays out.

>> No.7625257

>>7624635
Nexus Crawleris on the high end of the power level of baddies right?

>> No.7625446

>>7624635
Oh the Wyrm wins, but the Wyrm hasn't exactly claimed his soul either. Nothing else on that list really comes close, outside of spirits as the Wyrm is a spirit. A demon wouldn't soul pact with something who already has a marked soul, True Fae don't tend to bargain for them like that, and the Wyrm is more interested in the body anyway. Whole thing would be a pretty anticlimactic mess.

>> No.7625691

>>7625446
Nothing stops Mori from just doing that anyway, either.

>> No.7625888

>>7625691
Of course not. But Calli is just as likely to use it as an excuse to nuke everything than have it be any sort of battle royal.

>> No.7627651

>>7624360
Violence is king, that's why playing like a grognard is gonna get you killed.
Fighting a malkavian? Dementation, now you are shooting your bro or become a tomato juice can for vampires.
A tremer? You are gonna reach boiling point, literally.
Gangrel and brujah? They can use weapons better than you, take hit better than you and move faster than you.
Okay let's try with werewolfs, I don't really know shit about their powers but their main antagonist is fucking Pentex, human using magic, science, demons and SWAT squads especialized in wolf hunting. Meaning, more than just violence.
I really hope you are baiting to keep a conversation and not just being an idiot.

>> No.7627764

Mori just said she used to talk to benches and inanimate objects in school.
This girl is autistic

>> No.7629789
File: 1.92 MB, 1152x1495, file.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>>7598835
It sure is.

>> No.7629971

>>7627764
good. autism is a sign of a good gm.

>> No.7630205

>>7629789
Do Vamps get extra merit dots? Or do those come from disciplines/clans?

>> No.7630364

>>7630205
Everything but mortals get 10 Merit dots, they've got wider lists to dip into and should generally be better than mortals. On that sheet Acute Senses, Feeding Grounds, Have, and the Status are all Vamp specific. They get like maybe 5 times as many unique merits than that too. Clans only get an extra Attribute, and the in-clan Discipline set. Everything else is just baseline Vamp stuff. There is a guide at the bottom to tell you what you get

>> No.7631576

>>7630364
So
Regular Mortals: 7 Merit dots
Hunters: 7 Merit dots + Free Professional Training Dot
Supernaturals: 10 Merit dots
What about Mortals with a lesser template?

>> No.7631633

>>7629789
>Street Rat
>Animal Ken (Vermin)
>Safe Place (Sewer)
>Claws, Feral Senses, Wall Crawling

Nice rrat

>> No.7634017
File: 471 KB, 1622x1253, Rules.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>>7631576
Lesser templates mostly get 10 free dots. They typically all work off of their parent splat's rules but replace their template section with something else. Some of them may also grant may also grant Merits for free. As well basically every single one of these gets access to a new set of Merits much like Major Templates do. Attached are the quick references for making a Vampire, a Ghoul, and a Dhampir. So you can see how it often works. Here is a break down. Most, if not all, of them will use Integrity over their parent splat's Morality, and will have Vice and Virtue instead of their Anchors. So you end up making them the same as you would a Mortal, but they get some extra Merit dots and then the stuff the template adds.

>Dhampir
They get the Omen Sensitivity and Thief of Fate Merits, as well as Blood Sense that isn't a merit but works like the Unseen Sense Merit with some bonuses, and 10 dots of Merits.
>Stigmatic
They get the Unseen Sense (God-Machine) Merit for free, a non-Merit version of Omen Sensitivity, and 10 dots of Merits.
>Demon-Blooded
They get the Unseen Sense (God-Machine) Merit for free, and 7 Merit dots.
>Immortals
They get the Endless Potency Merit for free, with its attribute depending on the type of Immortal you are, Eternals also start with the Relic Merit, and they 10 dots of Merits.
>Ghoul, and Slasher
No free Merits and 7 dots of Merits.
>Proximi, Fae-Touched, Wolf-Blooded, the Absent
No free Merits and 10 dots of Merits.

"Micro" templates all work through Merits you purchase and don't effect chargen rules. So if you want to be a Atariya you need to get at least 1 dot of Damn Lucky, and then you can access all their merits. For 2e those are Atariya, Dreamers, Infected, Lost Boys, Plain, Psychic Vampires, and Skinthieves.

>> No.7636975

>>7627764
Post link. I bet you're exaggerating what she really meant.

>> No.7639527

>>7606024
Oh yeah, as it's obviously you from the other thread. Hunters can get Supernatural Resistance as a Merit, so long as they belong to a Lesser Template or Micro Template. GM-willing this applies to any mortal with a Supernatural Merit at all too.

>> No.7640956
File: 331 KB, 1535x2048, E7leVV0XoAEcYJu.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

Here's hopping next season with more interaction with Scout and Tiara.

>> No.7641978
File: 2.75 MB, 1278x751, NATO 1.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>>7623583
>>7624161

This is what a generic NATO grunt looks like, stat-wise.

>> No.7642005
File: 816 KB, 626x444, NATO 2.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>>7641978

>> No.7642063
File: 284 KB, 833x1080, Sniper.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>>7642005

This is what a generic sniper looks like.

>> No.7642130
File: 3.83 MB, 1268x1053, Special Forces 1.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>>7642063

This is what a generic Special Forces guy looks like.

>> No.7642161
File: 55 KB, 182x102, Special Forces 2.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>>7642130

>> No.7642196

>>7641978
>>7642005
>>7642063
>>7642130
>>7642161
Could you not have taken just 60 seconds to make that all one thing? Jesus.

>> No.7642997

>>7642196
If there's anything I've learned from these threads, it's that /tg/ has a habit of being incredibly long winded and will take any opportunity to talk at length about something in the lore that's only tangentially related to whatever happened in session.

>> No.7643099

>>7642997
I mean, I'm just happy to talk at length on subjects people are interested to me. I very rarely do longer posts on anything just because I want to type. I can also spend 2 mins on paint not to take up 5 posts for 1 thing.

>> No.7643561

>>7642997
You've clearly never seen /pol/'s schizo infographics, otherwise these would seem like nothing.

Another note though, I forgot to post Kiara talking about the TTRPG in general and merits during her stream. Links below.

https://youtu.be/ocp8VDZqLE8?t=4892
https://youtu.be/ocp8VDZqLE8?t=5668
https://youtu.be/ocp8VDZqLE8?t=18101
https://youtu.be/ocp8VDZqLE8?t=18567
https://youtu.be/ocp8VDZqLE8?t=20486

>> No.7643698

>>7643561
I wonder how many fa/tg/uys got into HoloEN with the TTRPG as their gateway.

>> No.7643734

>>7643698
I'm from /tg/ only here for the RPG. Will not watch other content.

>> No.7645117

>>7634017
>Plain
Wow. I bet they've got such fun powers. Are they literally just "We're so boring people can't see us"?

>> No.7645328
File: 2.42 MB, 785x1077, Plain.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>>7645117

Plain is probably the single most overpowered lesser/micro template in the game. It might even be stronger than some major templates.

Plain are pacifists with absurdly powerful pacifism powers that completely snap the game balance in half.

For example, consider a Plain with 1 dot in Over Before It Started and 1 dot in The Consequences of Violence. Once per session, they can completely circumvent a battle by declaring themselves to be a martyr. They suffer 1 die of damage per attacker, so if there are six attackers, the Plain suffers 6 dice of damage... or a measly 2 damage on average.

Then, the encounter is over, everyone is suddenly shocked into peace. And because of that 1 dot in The Consequences of Violence, anyone who deals damage to a Plain automatically considers violence to be a breaking point *forever*.

Plain are hilariously overpowered.

>> No.7645414

>>7643561
It's too bad Kiara feels like she's not doing well in the ttrpg, I think she is playing quite well compared to the others. She stays in character most of the time and takes actions confidently even if she's not sure what to do (it just keeps the game rolling). Her balanced skill set also helps in many situations.
In general I think the group can get a bit unsure of what action they should try to do and at times like that I would encourage them to just look at their sheets and try to pick something their character is good at. Like in the situation with the dogs approaching them in the maze, Tiara is good with guns and also with animal ken so she chose to use her gun perhaps because she had a combat related buff up at the time. She could also have tried to befriend the dogs using her animal ken and that would have been a totally reasonable answer too.

>> No.7645437
File: 2.48 MB, 1299x665, Recorded.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>>7645328

Alternatively, how about 1 dot in You Are Being Recorded? Strap yourself with six cameras and start recording. You roll Presence + Expression, and they roll Resolve + Composure at a -5 penalty. They need to score *more* successes than you did, or else they can no longer fight.

Over Before It Started, The Consequences of Violence, and You Are Being Recorded are all very inexpensive 1-dot Merits.

>> No.7645484

>>7645328
>>7645437
Dude. You better no be posting another 5 comments with insane amounts of line breaks. Just learn to compile images and stop spamming that enter key

>> No.7646916

>>7643734
I got sucked into clippers, but i respect you.
TTRPG streams are the best thing these girls make. for J-speakers, Fubuki is a goddess of the table. i think she has some 5 different campaigns under her belt on 4 different channels?

>> No.7647260

>>7645437
>cannot be beat without a roll.
IRL, you would just have to be morality 4 or lower to not give a shit. This trick only works on the moral fibre. cameras don't actually stop bullets.

>> No.7647346

>>7645328
What the fuck is a plain?
is this a twitter wet dream of a stats splat?

>> No.7647482

>>7647260
>>7647346
These are all supernatural powers.

>> No.7647503
File: 51 KB, 863x278, file.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>>7647346
Magic Amish

>> No.7647619
File: 2.39 MB, 773x1080, Plain Reader.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>>7647346

Plain are pacifists who receive superpowers from reading a blog. They started off as Amish, but eventually moved to encompass other, non-Amish lifestyles. You might think this sounds like a parody, but believe me, it is written very seriously.

Plain Reader is a 1-dot Merit, possibly even free. Over Before It Started is a 1-dot Merit. The Consequences of Violence is a 1-dot Merit. Thus, for only 2 or 3 Merit dots in total, you can be a hyper-pacifist with overpowered supernatural abilities that end a fight instantly. Add another 1 dot if you want to pick up You Are Being Recorded.

>> No.7647676

>>7647503
Former Amish, just like your screencap says.

>> No.7647974
File: 88 KB, 461x516, file.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>>7645117
>>7647346
I think other Anon sort of missed some of their best bit by talking about how mechanically amazing they are. Although some of their points don't really make a huge amount of sense, and likely wouldn't fly in most games.

You can sum the Plain up in three words. Supernatural Radical Pacifism. They're interesting for three major reasons. Firstly, they definitely have some form of supernatural power. But no one really knows what it is, where it comes from, if it even exists, and even the Plain themselves don't often know they're special. Yet they can do some stuff that make even the toughest Major Templates weep. Next, they're pacifist. This sort of thing almost never flies in an RPG with any amount of expected combat because you end up as a dead weight. Yet the Plain very much aren't, and even further from that they're radical pacifists that go out of their way to stop violence. They'll all but seek it out. So they're a pacifist that wants to be in combat. Finally, they're just a interesting group of people because of how divergent they are from their roots. It started off as blog by an ex-Amish group, with all the trappings you'd expect, but has spread into this social chameleon structure that has its members blend in as much as possible so they're got the best shot at people feeling at ease enough to cave a skull in.

Other Anon also missed out like all their really cool stuff for minmaxing. Most Infected Thing I’ve Ever Seen is honestly one of the coolest Merits the game has. I'm just going to attach it because it's amazing. It's powerful, super costly, deeply thematic, and wonderfully evocative. You can end up with gouged out eyes, broken arms, lost fingers, a whole leg missing and still be up and ready to get you ass kicked. But it doesn't stop fights so apparently it's not cool enough. They've also got "I'm Bleeding on You" which lets you essentially narrate your own injuries to the person giving them to you. It's supernaturally steadfast and unflinching. Honestly it's creepy as fuck, but every point of damage you take makes any attacker witnessing it get a cumulative -1 penalty on all further attacks. This is the sort of stuff you will be expected to say.
>“You are breaking the nose of another human being. That crack you heard was my nose. I am bleeding. You did this to me.”
Also, they can basically cause any but the most hardened foe to flee with The Push while also taking all attacks before it happens. It's all good stuff.

>> No.7648983
File: 69 KB, 654x733, The Push.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>>7647974

In terms of cost-effectiveness, your best bet is to start off with Plain Reader for 1 dot or no dots, then The Consequences of Violence for 1 dot, then Over Before It Started for 1 dot. If you have good Presence + Expression, you take You Are Being Recorded for 1 dot, or skip it otherwise.

Anything beyond that is overkill and not worth the Merit dots. Most Infected Thing I've Ever Seen is not particularly good for 2 dots, for example.

You do mention The Push. It is very strong, and can instantly stop many fights from ever happening, but the problem is that it takes a heavy investment of up to 5 Merit dots to make the most of it.

>> No.7649047

>>7648983
Why do you format posts like this?

>> No.7649074
File: 876 KB, 831x1076, Null Snyper 2.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>>7647346
>is this a twitter wet dream of a stats splat?

Chronicles of Darkness is a game wherein at least one monster, an unkempt Mexican girl living in a ratty apartment, actively participated in GamerGate.

>> No.7649139

>>7648983
Yes, yes. Minmax is the objective value of all things. I'm not even gonna bother until you make a post that I can stomach looking at. You do not need line breaks like that. Please stop it.

>>7649074
No one talks about Beast. It's not at all representative of the games as a whole.

>> No.7649213
File: 1.65 MB, 655x878, Cryptocracy.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>>7649139

Beast still made it into the Contagion Chronicle, the unified setting.

>> No.7649220

>>7649213
Yeah. I didn't say it wasn't canon, did I?

>> No.7649244

>>7649139
The only value of Beast is that you can make the ultimate NTRman in it, nourished by the tears of crying cucks and the corruption of stolen.

>> No.7649273

>>7649244
It's actual value is a cautionary tale about why you don't magical realm.

>> No.7649329

>>7649213
>"keep /pol/ out of the RPG threads!"
>that goddamn image. too real for 2020+

>> No.7649360

>>7645414
Those were briarwolves wren't they? Can you befriend those?

>> No.7649574

>>7649329
There is a difference between relevant political discussion about the ideologies of faction, and how it applies to games. And just bringing pointless IRL stuff up to bait arguments. There is also a board for /pol/ shit, it's called /pol/

>>7649360
Nope, not really. These are creatures whose aspiration is "To hunt down the weak and taste their fear" and their Virtue is Cruel. Not exactly the sorts of dudes you make pals with. They're also not exactly animals like Animal Ken wants, they're half wolf man-things

>> No.7649612

>>7647974
i am gonna say it. some redditor works for CCP and wrote this wankery.

>> No.7649625

>>7649612
How brave of you.

>> No.7649782

>>7649625
it's a forum post. would i be braver if i went trans?

>> No.7651035

This thread turned into WOD general rather than a Hololive TTRPG campaign thread. I had to do some considerable scrolling up to find a post about Mythbreakers.
Can we try to stay more on topic?

>> No.7651269

>>7651035
How about you talk about the game then?

>> No.7651984

So an anon from /tg/ said that Sniff could be a Leechfinger. Any thoughts? https://whitewolf.fandom.com/wiki/Leechfinger

>> No.7652749

>>7651984
I think it's a pretty good call. It has nothing to do with the fact I said it. He could have also been going for a reaping, but the flower thing matches up pretty well too, and I don't think calli has read 2e anything.

>> No.7653827

>>7606024
>>7606517
Wow, for once, Mage the Ascension is stronger than Awakening.

>> No.7653837

>>7653827
Is it really?

>> No.7653842

>>7623815
Dream Makers are significantly more powerful than Nexus Crawlers. Nexus Crawlers are street level, Dream Makers are city level and beyond.

>> No.7654817

>>7651035
Uh, bro? What game are they playing?

>> No.7654827

>>7654817
they're playing games with my heart

>> No.7655841

>>7651035
It's hard to discuss their sessions without eventually diving into the guts of the setting. TT sessions contain a good bit of mystique, and speculation is always going to be a thing in tabletop where the story is revealed piecemeal. It reaches a good middle ground when headed by a competent GM; nowhere near the 20-minute dialogue dumps that make JRPGs an unplayable slog, or blatantly unfinished, fortune-cookie Dark Souls shit.

It's hard not to go into depth over a simple question like "what's a nexus crawler?" because there's so much to the setting.

>> No.7656197

>>7652749
That frailty is interesting. If Mori interpreted the flowers as protective but Sniff didn’t realize they had them and attacked anyway, lethal->beating is a nice way of implementing that short of a force field or just making him unable to attack since that wouldn’t give the players any indication of what happened.

Changling is far weirder and mystical than I realized and while it’s fun to follow along and constantly be surprised, it does feel a little different in tone than Vampires, which I feel like fits dark urban horror the best. I’m glad they didn’t meet any hobgoblins or the fanartists would just make Watoto a literal goblin forever and honestly they wouldn’t be totally unjustified. It’s a logical leap to make if you don’t know the setting

>> No.7657483

>>7656197

Frailties apply only to very powerful changelings.

>> No.7663753

>>7627764
Maybe it was a joke

>> No.7664098

>>7663753
Maybe I'm autists...

>> No.7666282

>>7663753
With Mori? No it isn't. She's actually autistic.

>> No.7669284

>>7666282
Which of them are not?

>> No.7669689

>>7669284
Polka. She is just in horribly massive parasocial relationship with her memebers. But it's mutal, so it's ok.
Shion. She is just depressed.
And Aqua. She is just that stupid.

>> No.7670167

Kiara is the worst type of roleplayer and her character is pure concentrated cringe. It would be so much better if it were just the other 4. I'm not even a Kiara hater I think her personality just isn't a match with this.

>> No.7670415

>>7670167
This guy again?

I actually enjoyed Kiara tutorial the most so I was surprised when she thought she was performing “badly” after the second group session. She seems the most aware of the performative nature of their sessions to be fair.

>> No.7671473

>>7657483
Yeah, 2 wyrd sure is very powerful.

>> No.7674519

>>7669284
Out of HoloEN? Ina and Kiara.

>> No.7676685
File: 1.48 MB, 1494x1024, shopping cart vehicle.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>>7670167
obvious troll
Kiara stated literally she had the most RPG experience.
I don't like Kiara at all, but i can appreciate the initiative and direction and honesty (yes) she brings to the table.
fuck off.

>> No.7677681
File: 23 KB, 436x432, 1383240228501.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>>7663753
>>7666282
You guys treat it like she would stand there and carry on a 20 minute conversation with a bench like it was engaging with her. When it's probably more like:
>sit down on bench alone
>creaks loudly and there's a sudden cracking sound
>"Whoa there, buddy. Gettin kinda old, aren't we?"
>ostentatiously pats bench like a pet
>"Stay strong old boy, we still need you"
People address inanimate objects all the time when alone, it's pretty normal if you actually possess an internal dialogue, which it seems many do not.

>>7670167
Pic related

>> No.7678462

>>7677681
isn't it: "if it smells like trout, get the fuck out?"

>> No.7681319

Post predictions on which Character will die first
any death even a temporary one.

I call Watoto because no way he can out-souldpact every badass in the universe.

>> No.7681687

>>7681319
Watoto is a hard lock, but maybe not first. Tiara is the most likely to survive. Scout's stat distribution leaves her hurting for some social and physical mobility. Yuul can neither fight nor flee unless she's behind the wheel, but she's headed by the party's most level-headed member. So long as she makes smart choices and remembers to burn willpower when needed, Yuul should be fine.

>> No.7684371

>>7610824
tl;dr Holy shit. Get to the point.

>> No.7684528

>>7684371
It's like 2/3 of a page of text

>> No.7685845

>>7681319
I suspect scout, as she's got a mix of the low self preservation AND bad ideas. Other characters have a mix of the two but the she's got the lowest common denominator.
Also her character would end in a supercool thematic way if we go from considering sacrificing someone else to sacrificing her own life.

>> No.7688116

>>7681687
Watoto will die, dunno about first.
Tiara does have the best and most experienced player at the helm, so oddly i also agree with your survival guess.

Unless Calliope loves to reward combat with death....

>> No.7689830
File: 174 KB, 1024x1024, Scout6.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>>7685845
>considering sacrificing someone
That was a single OOC moment between her and Calli. She didn't want to sacrifice the doctor, but simply asked what would happen if she made that choice.

>> No.7692137

>>7681319
Watoto>>>Scout>Yuul>Tiara
Amelia is taking this like a walk in the park, if Calli doesn't get serious with Ame, she will never learn and Calli will have to plot-armor the shit out of Watoto.
Scout is steadfast and doesn't hesitate to do silly things so far, but I trust Gura won't go full pants-on-head retarded like Watoto.
Yuul is the "weakest" but the least stupid and learned the hard way how bad things can get.
Tiara can both run away and fight, so she won't die if doesn't go south and end up taking the bullet for fighting, but in that case Scout will get it first probably.

>> No.7692209

>>7692137
>>7681687
Consider the following:
Kiara really likes Ame and Watoto, and has mentioned onstream the possibility of Watoto inheriting Uhu if Tiara dies. It's entirely possible that Kiara would ask Mori if she would let Tiara sacrifice herself for Watoto to live.
It's not outside of the realm of possibility that Ame could end up getting Tiara killed because Kiara wants to help Ame.

>> No.7693657
File: 1.23 MB, 3000x2000, soros1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>>7645328
Anon, just imagine taking a qt Plain girl into your torture basement and smacking her with Dominate, Conditioning and blood bonds until she turns into your very own personal AT field.

>> No.7693792

>>7688116
For an experienced player she sure pulled some dumb shit when they all met and gave their introductions. Nothing I hate more than the player who doesn't recognize the basic conceit that it's a cooperative game.

>> No.7693830

>>7693657

Plains can define "violence" however they want. They can say that mental screwery is "violence" and stop you from doing it.

>> No.7693865

>>7693792
This is an actual nogame take. Disagreeing with the group is not in any way not recognising the game isn't cooperative. She's not doing anything to hinder the group at all, she is still actively helping the group, she is still participating in the group narrative, and working with other players to RP for the benefit of the whole table. You can literally make characters who hate everyone else's guts and still in now way work against the cooperative nature of the game.

>> No.7693920

>>7693865
refusing to introduce yourself brings the narrative to a stand still. she did better in the second session, but her role play in the first was shit. Also, "ara" after every sentence is quite grating. Not quite Watoto-tier annoying, but it's up there.

>> No.7693949

>>7693920
Except you literally saw how it didn't. Being standoffish is fine and hasn't impacted anything negatively. It makes perfect sense for her and doesn't make the game less enjoyable for the people she's playing with. Stop acting like you're in the game.

>> No.7693979
File: 182 KB, 1500x1200, Vic&Tiara.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>>7693792
That was clearly just RP. Everyone else more or less went with the flow, but Kiara added some flavor to the party without doing something turbo-retarded like refusing to go out on the first mission. If I was thrown into a bar with a group as motley as theirs, I'd probably take a day or two to take in the full situation before committing to anything.

And then there's Vic, who totally sold her out in a tight spot. I have utter sympathy for her in that regard.

>> No.7693987

>>7693949
>Stop acting like you're in the game.
What the fuck are you even talking about?

>> No.7694020

>>7693987
Your whole complaint is about how it's bad for the game because you don't like it, while it's demonstrably not an issue in the game. So it's not bad for the game. She's doing a fine job for that table she's at, even if you wouldn't want her at yours.

>> No.7694053

>kiara wants to respec
Of course the garbage chicken wants to bend the rules to her will
She keeps getting more garbage ny the day

>> No.7694080

>>7694020
Look bud, shit role play is shit role play whether I find it entertaining or not. You take a group filled with people with the same modus operandi and it doesn't move. A game can work with this sort of player, but only when it's balanced by a GM and other players pushing things forward. The story didn't keep moving because of her; it kept moving in spite of her.

>> No.7694138

>>7694080
Like I said, it's a nogame take. Shit roleplay in one group is great for another. That's pretty much RP 101 right there. I've had games where the table has had the most fun when we're all working against each other while trying to achieve something as a team, and I've had games where that would kill the group. There is nothing wrong with being standoffish with a PC so long as it works for the group, and that is what determines what RP is good or not. She's not making the game less fun, and everyone seems to enjoy interacting with her character.

>> No.7694150

>>7694053
I know this is a bait post. But just so everyone is clear, changing Merits up is totally fine if the GM is good with it. In fact it's expected to happen if you take Merits that end up not working with the style of game you play.

>> No.7694177

>>7694138
thanks for your thatguy take. I'm sure everyone loves your super cool, loner characters.

>> No.7694178

>>7694053
Allowing them to switch up some merits when Calli's homebrew winds up rendering some of them obsolete is completely acceptable. She's not looking to totally rearrange her stats; some of her merits don't even apply, and others were a result of her ESL misunderstanding the convoluted details in the rulebooks.

>> No.7694198

>>7694177
"Do what is most fun for the table" is anti-thatguy.

>> No.7694211

>>7694178
Don't blame the rule books for her lack of reading the rulebooks. Nothing she took was convoluted.

>> No.7694363

>>7670415
No I'm the one bashing on kiara in these threads. Turns out there's just plenty of people who see how dumb she is.

>> No.7694388

>>7694363
No, I am the one bashing Kiara because she's shit.

>> No.7695398

>>7656197
>That frailty is interesting...
I'm betting it's a frailty, but there is another option. It's possible it's an oddment. Those are a subcategory of goblin fruits, which are strange plants that grow in the Hedge and when eaten provide a myriad of effects, both helpful and harmful. If normal goblin fruits are food then oddments are tools. They could work like lockpicks, or weapons, or they could strengthen contracts, or it could attract bugs. So a flower that acts as ballistic armour isn't out of the question, and there is already an oddment like that called Tovil's Ooze but it's sap/tar.

>Changeling is far weirder and mystical than I realized...
Well Changeling is all about fairy tales and so it's pretty much lots of wonder and weirdness. The problem is it's a Grimms' fairy tale, and also a horror setting, so the Gentry are incredibly powerful god like beings who mostly use that power to traumatise humans, turns them into monsters, leave them with a life long paranoia and a life they can't return to, by dragging them off into a realm they have no possible way of ever understanding, and then torturing them in unique and often indescribably cruel ways that defy all reason.

As for Vampire, a thing to realise about Chronicles of Darkness (and WoD in general less so) is that they're all playing towards different themes and ideas. They're all solidly horror games but the horror might take different forms, they push are often very different. You could run very similar chronicles in each but they're built for different tones, themes, and moods. For CtL it has the themes of "Beauty + Agony", "Clarity + Madness", and "Lost + Found". Which is basically that Faerie is a place of inhuman beauty but also your biggest traumas, you've been given the ability to see fantastical things hiding in the mortal world but you lost a part of yourself to in in the process, and that while you may have come back home its not your home any more and you've got to make a new place for yourself. Vampire on the other hand has "Requiem + Masquerade", "Old + New", and "Piety + Blasphemy". Meaning your life as a monster is always at odds with your need to keep that secret, that the world you now live in is built by immortal bloodsuckers with 100s of years of baggage but its still the modern day with all it entails, that you're damned regardless of the good you try to do so you'll likely do some bad as well, and the person you were might not have deserved the fate you're now "living" but you went wrong somewhere to get embraced. Along with the very different content, and mechanicaly pressures, both those games push very different things despite being horror. While bloodsuckers that stalk in the night might sound more immediately horrific, petty gods and their broken play things with the power to command fate and bind you to your words are also dangerous and terrifying. Especially when the latter involves alternate worlds you can just fall into and never return from.

As for Hunters themes, for those are the ones that really matter, you've got "Explained vs. Unknown", "Sacrifice vs. Self-Preservation", and "Hope vs. Despair" which are largely more self-explanatory. The first one is what is really important for how they interact with other splats. Hunters are hunters largely because they know monsters are real, they just can't let it go that something is actually lurking in the dark. That's really about all they know though. Hunters are so incredibly ignorant about what they face that the way they talk about them reads like a different setting. My favourite example is the Cainite Heresy from Night Stalkers, a think I'd urge you to read from the WoD general. These dudes are the most knowledgeable Hunters when it comes to vamps and they know nothing. While we would talk about them in terms of Clans and Drisciplines these guys go "Errr, some of them are ugly shapeshifters, those are Beasts, some of go invisible are maybe psychic and often have spells, those are Creeps, and others have the power to control minds and animals, those are Masters. Those are the three Vampire Families" and that's basically it. They're the dudes that know the most and they have drawn logical but incredibly wrong conclusions about what they hunt. Calli isn't following this particular theme but Hunters are defined more by their ignorance than their knowledge.

>I’m glad they didn’t meet any hobgoblins...
They did meet some. Briarwolves are hobgoblins. Hobgoblins are just any inhabitant of the Hedge, they don't all look like D&D goblins is all. Briarwolves are creepy man-wolf things, their is a Goblin Queen who's just a nine year old, will o' wisps are just balls of light, the Lady of Delights looks like a faun and acts like a True Fae, drudgemen look like old men if old men also looked like dogs, but lots of them also do look like you'd expect from goblins. It hasn't stopped the fanartists though. Half of them still make the human man look like a fantasy goblin.

>> No.7695420

>>7694150
>"if the GM is good with it"
Of course Mori is fine with it. You know why? Because this is a TTRPG not being played for its own sake. They're playing a game whose performance OTHERS have to enjoy. We, the audience, are the real target.
This means that any real conventions that a GM would follow in a real are out of the window.
Expect loads of plot-armor, bending the rules, decisions not being permanent.
Mori will be forced to put up with all the bs and dumb shit and normie garbage that a regular experienced GM would never put up with- ALL to make sure we the audience don't get pulled out of our delusion of seeing a bunch of """friends""" play together.
Stop treating this as a real game with real people.

Also Kiara is shit.

>> No.7695513

>>7695420
This is what we call a nogame, boys and girls. Look at the irrational annoyance, the misunderstanding that fun shouldn't be the primary goal, the notion that the GM wouldn't bend rules (rule 0 is literally the GM has final say), and the concept that their own taste is somehow relevant to another table. All these are hallmarks of the nogame. Have they ever played a game before? Some say they have and are just now bitter no one wants to play with them any longer. Others say they are so off-putting they'll never be able to find a game. Their true origins may forever remain a mystery.

No flash photography, stay behind the dotted line, and do be warned that any interactions with the nogame may lead to pointless circular conversations. Engage at your own peril.

>> No.7695556
File: 49 KB, 430x235, file.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>>7695420
What the fuck? Replacing Merits is straight out of the book
>>7695513
It's not even rule 0, it's straight out of the book.

>> No.7695574

>>7695556
They said bending the rules was to be expected in a game where GM conventions go out the window. But we all know what Rule 0 is. Those of us in games, I mean.

>> No.7695604

>>7695513
>a game streamed by vtuber whores for an audience is on the same level as a real game played by real friends
The amount of m'lady neckbeard energy that radiated off your post is absolutely gargantuan. You treat them as if they are real people, as if their game is important to them. The only important thing to them is how much money they can squeeze out of your wallet at the end of the day.
This time they're just targeting a different group than normal, the TTRPG neckbreards. Different group, same shit. You fell for it. Congratulations.

>> No.7695978
File: 456 KB, 3121x2884, file.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>>7695398
>"Errr, some of them are ugly shapeshifters, those are Beasts, some of go invisible are maybe psychic and often have spells, those are Creeps, and others have the power to control minds and animals, those are Masters. Those are the three Vampire Families"
Have a shitty diagram to illustrate the point. It's also worth mentioning that being in the Circle of Crones tends to get you lumped in with Beasts, and Lance et Sanctum with Creeps. Those are Covenants though and have no bearing on Clan. The three don't account for other Clans or Bloodlines but Night Stalkers does talk about that too. The moral is that even the most knowledgeable Hunters kind of don't know much of anything.

>> No.7696115
File: 465 KB, 3269x2956, file.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>"Errr, some of them are ugly shapeshifters, those are Beasts, some of go invisible are maybe psychic and often have spells, those are Creeps, and others have the power to control minds and animals, those are Masters. Those are the three Vampire Families"
Have a shitty diagram to illustrate the point. It's also worth mentioning that being in the Circle of the Crone tends to get you lumped in with Beasts, and Lance et Sanctum with Creeps. Those are Covenants though and have no bearing on Clan. The three don't account for other Clans or Bloodlines but Night Stalkers does talk about that too. Some talk about there being dozens of families, other mention bloodlines as one offs or "sub-families". The moral is that even the most knowledgeable Hunters kind of don't know much of anything.

>> No.7696202

>>7695574
Yeah I get that, but Calli isn't even breaking ST conventions. Respecing merits is in the rule book, it's literally RAW. It's one thing to be a nogame it's another to be a nogame that doesn't even know the rules.

>> No.7696338

>>7696202
Yeah, I know. That's what I'm saying. They're a nogame for thinking Rule 0 is somehow not a thing.

>> No.7696354

>>7696202
Just ignore, anon. There's a literal egghead (someone from /hlgg/ doxxed him (lol)) schizophrenic german who goes around shitting on Kiara every time he's awake. It's annoying, but you'll learn to hide and ignore.

>> No.7697265

BTW, the backer copy of Hunter 2e is out Wednesday.

>> No.7700062

Good lord I finally got time to watch the second session and these girls are going full murderhobo.

>> No.7700565

>>7695604
>They don't care about a game that Cali was about 5 seconds from completely homebrewing out of spite after management almost fucked her over

Sure buddy

>> No.7701777

>>7693830
The way I read it, self-defined violence is relevant only for their own breaking points from Plain Reader. Other abilities interact with health levels and physical violence, they offer little protection from magic.

>> No.7702027

>>7689830
I mean she flat out said either she sacrifices the doctor or they both die. Nothing immortal about choosing a if you believe those are the only options. I also like that Scout doesn’t have a heart of gold. She’s a bit of an asshole at times. Maybe brass?

>> No.7702181

>>7685845
>>7689830
>considering sacrificing someone
I am 100% sure that if this was a private game without an audience, Dr Nice would've left to die there way faster. Gura read the situation and having her ditch the doc would've been a massive downer (though a good low Integrity character-defining moment)

>> No.7702233

>>7695604
Obvious bait is bait but clearly The obvious way to milk their fans is *flips through guide book* a long running TTRPG series using not only World of Darkness, but Hunter the Vigil which reaches the largest possible audience. Also they should do it on a weekday late afternoon. Prime time for viewership.

If it wasn’t obvious already Mori is a giant WoD nerd. She played Geist for Christ’s sake. She hasn’t been able to play since literally no one in Japan even knows what WoD even is. The fact that it lets her bond with her friends is a secondary factor. Money is near dead last collabs never make much money anyway.

>> No.7707458
File: 421 KB, 626x620, 1622589474130.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>>7695604
are you practicing roleplaying as an edgelord?

>> No.7707636

>>7700062
No no, they're not murderhobos they just want to murder hobos. Common mistake.

>> No.7709650

>>7701777
That is correct. The minmaxer also thinks you can just strap six cameras to yourself regardless of what the Merits says or means. If you see them say anything that sounds like it's exploiting something or generally doesn't make narrative sense feel free to ignore that. They have a very narrow focus of what the game is.

>> No.7709931

>>7709650
I mean, if you don't want to do the camera thing you just stick to the other merits.

>> No.7709959

>>7701777
>self-defined violence is relevant only for their own breaking points from Plain Reader
It also affects Consequences of Violence which lets you impose your morality on others without a roll.

>> No.7709963

>>7709931
Fuck off. The camera thing is clearly not how that works and the merit is good anyway. Stop acting like powerwank is the only way to play the game.

>> No.7710011

>>7709959
No it doesn't. Consequences of Violence requires direct physical harm, not just any sort of self-defined violence.

>> No.7711140

>>7694198
And here's how you've revealed yourself as the "nogame". Playing with these people isn't fun. sure, maybe they're enjoy themselves, but the rest of the group gets tired of pushing against the inertia they present. You compensate for their unwillingness to do anything because they want to be the cool outsider. It's definitely not the "most fun"; it's a fucking drag.

>> No.7711987

>>7709959
CoV also works only on Integrity (along with Hunter variant) and its free-form breaking points, since splat stats work with breaking points in a different way. Vampires and mages have discrete levels, with various forms of physical violence covered at different levels, werewolves have Harmony that goes yo-yo up and down and changelings already treat both dealing and experiencing violence as a breaking point.

>> No.7715482

>>7711140
We both know you don't know what playing with anyone is like, if you did you'd know it literally doesn't matter what any other table is doing. If it ain't your group then your fun isn't important. I know it can be really hard to get your head out your ass long enough to realise that different people like different things, but it's not rocket science so I'd like you to try and grok that.

>> No.7717237

>>7711140
I get where you are coming from, but Tiara didn't stay mysterious gunslinger #457, she did introduce herself, albeit last, and opened up a little to Watoto over the course of the first session. I think Kiara is self aware enough to not play an edgelord stick in the mud. Her standoffish introduction I thought added a nice wrinkle to the safe, if convenient, "we just met, but now we are best friends" standard opening. It will only be a problem if Tiara just stays with Watoto and does not open up to the others.

Honestly, Yuul is the one that makes me more concerned in the long run for party interactions as Ina doesn't seem quite confident enough to initiate RP and Yuul is probably the character most likely to want to return to a life of ignorance as a ̶s̶l̶a̶v̶e̶, grad student. Ina has good reactions and ok game sense, but needs to be more proactive with interaction.

>>7715482
Easy with the nogame accusations. >>7695604 may be homeless, but >>7711140 is right that a consistently (keyword) antagonistic party member can kill a game fast, even when they are not planning on backstabbing or derailing. I disagree that Tiara was that bad, but it is a concern as new players can make non plot functioning characters fairly often and dealing with that tactfully is difficult.

>> No.7717305

>>7717237
Sure, but their whole thing has been. "Kiara didn't introduce their PC so they're an obnoxious player and a bad RPer". That whole conversation made it pretty obvious they've never played a game.

>> No.7718388

>>7693830
>"i can define rape however i want"
not this shit again.....

>> No.7718434

>>7693792
dude, not trusting other players is NATURAL.
you aren't from /tg/, eh? at least, the part that actually RP's as opposed to warhammer worship.

>> No.7718510

>>7702027
Iron. she is iron.

>> No.7718598

>>7717305
i have been a nameless PC before (who had a name, just didn't say it)
and i died for the group. they loved me for it too.
i've been a huge asshole who doesn't like potions or money (yes, it's possible) so i gave my loot to other players.
.....in case you have never roleplayed before...
you can do some
INSANE
reality bending shit with roleplaying.

>> No.7718644
File: 121 KB, 455x520, Yojimbo minis.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

Any good Miniatures that look like the girls? Anima Tactics used to have cute Anime girls but THAT SHIT IS DEAD.

>> No.7720723
File: 107 KB, 937x1096, Scout8.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>>7718510
Black iron. Hard and strong, but brittle. She will break before she bends.

>> No.7720825

>>7710011
They harm you, you impose your morality on them.

>>7711987
If something affects Integrity, it affects whatever equivalent stat of Integrity another splat has.

>> No.7720962
File: 76 KB, 666x430, ANIMA-Tsubasa 1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>>7718644
>anima tactics.
man, i still have a few: Tsubasa, Anne Never, Jiang Pao...i think i have Claire.
shit is soooocash.
now that you brought me out of my lurk,
should i convert Mythbreaker figs? I've thought about it....

>> No.7720991
File: 337 KB, 676x170, Untitled.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>>7711987
Vampires have breaking points too. Consequences of Violence definitely works on vampires.

>> No.7721025

>>7720723
>no one draws a proper pear on her

>> No.7721175
File: 2.12 MB, 3840x2160, ScoutLEWD.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>>7721025
This is about how I imagined her body. Firm figure, ample hips. Anyone expecting her to have a ripe peach-shaped ass has been watching too much porn. Scout's a fit girl, but she doesn't strive for a certain body shape.

>> No.7721206

>>7715482
Idiot, our fun is the most important. The game is being streamed by vtubers FOR us, in order to get donations from the losers who fall for the ruse
You losers in this thread keep thinking you are in /tg/. You aren't. This is /vt/, and you better realize fast that vtubers are performers and you shouldn't treat them as real people, or as if they care, or as if they're your friends. The fact people keep going full retard on
>NOGAME NOGAME THATGUY NOGAME THATGUY AHAHA NOGAME LMAOOOO
shows you have absolutely no awareness of the situation. We're watching a show. They aren't friends. They aren't even real people. They want your money.

>> No.7721302

>>7721206
The audience has the most fun when the streamers are having the most fun.

>> No.7721387

>>7721302
Factually incorrect bozo. Actual mongoloid tier take. Someone can enjoy being a complete dumbass like you, does that mean others enjoy themselves the most because of that?
Think before you speak, or at least try.

>> No.7721487

>>7720825
Not it doesn't

>> No.7721550

>>7721387
I'm really interested in knowing how many of the posts in this thread are from you. Hope I get to see later.

>> No.7721705
File: 901 KB, 1024x1024, Scout10.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>>7721302
>>7721550
FFS stop replying to this seething fedora, he's been fishing for (you)s since the 50 post mark.

>> No.7721768

>>7721705
But it's fun to see the monkey dance

>> No.7721872

Yeah yeah read the op, but seriously when is session 3? I dont follow any of en,but watoto is amazing. He even made me get over koaras abrasiveness with tiara because of the juxtaposition.

>> No.7722080

>>7721768
We're all monkeys, and we're all dancing.
Especially on this board.

>> No.7722197

>>7721872
Tbh this is the only relevant information I'm interested in as well. Every 2 weeks (or longer) is kinda a long time between sessions and Mori already got confused at times and forgot some details from last time. If every session is gonna be like "uh what happened last time again?" then it's going to get a bit tiresome.

>> No.7722308

>>7721872
Ame goes on break for 10 days starting some time next week so it’ll be soon after that probably

>> No.7722654
File: 63 KB, 504x178, Screenshot - 10.08.2021 , 6_50_18.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>>7720825
Integrity is equivalent to other stats for the purpose of ratings that factor in ability calculations, while breaking points are their own thing. That is, trait ratings are compatible, but traits are not.
>>7720991
They have breaking points, but a) not Integrity breaking points b) their breaking points always have defined Humanity level with few exceptions errata'd into compliance (i.e. blood bond, Majesty conditions, Unsettling Gaze).

>> No.7722890

>>7722654
>These ratings are compatible. For example, if a Discipline affects a vampire character based on her Humanity rating, Integrity will work similarly on her mortal counterpart.
Sounds to me like they're interchangeable. Dumb things happen if they're not.

>> No.7723823
File: 103 KB, 1280x720, Yuul B Mii.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>>7721872
Not this week since the group collab is with Gartic Phone, and it seems not the next either due to the girls staggering their breaks. Looks like a 3 week gap between sessions 2 and 3, unfortunately. The only exception is if they schedule it on a day besides Tuesday or Thursday. Work on your own campaign or collect fan art, we're in for a dry spell.

>> No.7724168

>>7722890
>Sounds to me like they're interchangeable.
The ratings are compativle, but traits are not the same. So, some efects that interact with these ratings (say, stealing dots or using rating in calculations for abjuration/summoning/exorcism) are fair game, and other effects that do a specific and explicit thing (Unsettling Gaze causes a breaking point at current Humanity or Integrity) are also good to go. However, said Unsettling Gaze does not cause a breaking point against Wisdom, Memory or Harmony, because those are different traits. It might cause a breaking point for Clarity, but only because literally everything does.
> Dumb things happen if they're not.
Could you please elaborate on this point?

>> No.7724420

>>7702233
What even is up with this timeslot anyways? Did any of them say anything on why they're doing it in the middle of the week?

>> No.7724925

>>7724420
The time is because of timezones, I'm guessing the day is because almost none of them take Tuesday/Wednesday as a break day. I would like them to change it just because my friends and I run our game at the same time, so I always have to catch the vods.

>> No.7725014

>>7721175
this works...this is better.

>> No.7725086

>>7724168
Wait for the Contagion Chronicle player's guide.

>> No.7725626

>>7725086
It's already out and doesn't talk about what you're complaining about. So answer the question please.

>> No.7725688

>>7725626
I guess we'll never know.

>> No.7725704

>>7725688
AKA "I don't have an example, please just let me ignore the rules to powerwank"

>> No.7725708
File: 310 KB, 1280x720, Huntermyth Party.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>>7724420
Exceptionally inconvenient logistics
Calli's location: Japan
Kiara's location: Austria (formerly Japan)
Gura: America
Ina: Canada
Amelia: Uncertain, but either Canada, America, or Northern Mexico

Basically you have five people quite literally spread out across the planet in the worst possible manner. Had Kiara not been deported back to her home, setting up time would have been a bit easier, but as it is now, someone has to be given priority. Giving three priority over one of the others is the optimal choice, although it makes me feel bad that Calli has to be awake at 7:00am to GM, as her role is the most important.

As to the day: Calli made a hard rule to set the day for each session on a Tuesday, and not to budge it so everyone could work their schedules around it. So far the only two sessions that have been on a Wednesday instead of Tuesday are Tiara's Tutorial and the first full group session. In hindsight this would be more popular and way more watched than it already is if they opted for a Saturday, but most of them take one or both weekends off.

>> No.7725836

>>7725704
Where's your example?

>> No.7725918

>>7725704

http://wodcodex.com/wiki/Morality_(2nd_Edition)

Consequences of Violence references breaking points, not Integrity. There is no reason why it would be limited only to Integrity.

>> No.7726375

>>7725918
What Humanity threshold is it? Is it Flesh or Spirit? How many Clarity dice does it impose? Is it a Lapse, Gap, or Absence? Is it Enlightened, Understanding, or Falling? What kind of Instability is it? Does it apply to one Cover or all of them? How does it apply the The Bound? Does it override milestones or just prevent their completion? It's almost as if this mortal only power in a mortal splat book is somehow not built to interact with non-mortals.

>> No.7726555

>>7726375
Looks like the ST has to improvise.

Better than that 100% immunity no sell, mortals get dunked on.

>> No.7726903

Managed to catch a few minutes of the last one.

Does Ame actually DO anything? Or even say anything?

>> No.7726910

>>7726555
You're the one so determined that it should work. Tell me how and why, or just shut the fuck up with your endless minmax powerwank. We all know you love it when something is way too strong, but it has no bearing on any actual game and least of all to this thread. Also, why is it better? Because it's stronger? Because what CofD really needs to play up its themes is a nigh-invulnerable pacifist that can dunk on supernaturals with no saves? It makes barely any narrative sense for half of them, and makes no sense at all for the other half.

>> No.7726983

Hey guys, any new scout art yet?

>> No.7727031
File: 1.81 MB, 1728x2023, 1609843371504.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>>7726983
Don't know. Have this instead.

>> No.7727118

>>7726555
>Vamp feeds from a Plain
>Vamp starves to death or turns into a draugur
>Werewolf scares a Plain
>Werewolf can't hunt or ends up at an extreme forever
>Changeling harvests a Plain
>Changeling can't regain Glamour and is constantly Deprived
>Mummy does basically anything near a Plain
>Mummy can no longer serve the literal gods that grant it power
>etc
>etc
Yes, what a very cool and compelling story this would make. Isn't it fun when you just break a splats whole thing with a 1 dot merit that isn't even made to interact on them? Minmaxers are the fucking worst in narrative games. Why do you even like this game?

>> No.7727148

>>7726910
>>7727118
Maybe Plain is just a badly-written template written by someone who had poor rules knowledge and even worse editing.

Just saying.

>> No.7727168

>>7727148
You'll put your back out moving the goal posts that much.

>> No.7727180

>>7726910
>>7727118

You Are Being Recorded and Over Before It Started work on supernatural creatures without issue.

What makes The Consequences of Violence so special that it should be exempt?

>> No.7727221

>>7727168
Nah, this has always been my stance on Plain.

>> No.7727245

>>7727148
>>7727180
Stop samefagging just to continue a pointless argument. Jesus. Also, see this >>7727118 and this >>7726910 and this >>7726375 and stop being such a faggot about it. My god.

>>7727221
Then maybe start with that instead of just going on about how cool and strong your pet template is?

>> No.7727373

>>7727245
>Then maybe start with that instead of just going on about how cool and strong your pet template is?
Did I ever say "Guys, y'all should totally play this template"?

>> No.7727508

Is this what /tg/ is like?

>> No.7727521

>>7727508
Every TTRPG eventually devolves into this, yes

>> No.7727535

>>7727521
TTRPG forum*

>> No.7727546

>>7727180
>The Consequences of Violence so special that it should be exempt
But it does work on supernatural creatures that have an appropriate trait. This includes most lesser/micro templates and Banishers.

>> No.7727576

>>7727148
are you trying to say that it was written by a woman?

>> No.7727657

>>7727373
So you're bending over backwards to justify obvious horseshit that makes no sense even in the confines of the RAW why? Because you actually hate it so much you can't let it stand on its own flaws and have to invent some?

>>7727576
The Plain is largely written fine in context to the actual book it's in. It's a mortal book about violence and all the facets of violence. It works in the games its built for and doesn't in the games it doesn't. Like pretty much everything. It is actually written by a women, coincidentally, but women are behind some of the best stuff in CofD and the specific woman also wrote the amazing Atariya micro-template.

>> No.7727674

>>7727657
>It works in the games its built for and doesn't in the games it doesn't.
It works in the games its built for and doesn't in the games it wasn't.**

>> No.7727872
File: 145 KB, 800x789, 1595417598696.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>>7727521
>>7727535
Sounds awful.

>> No.7728076

>>7727508
Yes and that's why these garbage neckbeard nerds need to fuck off and stop their delusional state. All this TTRPG faggotry doesn't apply in this vtuber situation and anyone who isn't a hopeless paypig could see that.

>> No.7728822

this is all NWOD right?

>> No.7728858

>>7728822
There's bits and pieces of OWOD lore thrown in but the mechanics are entirely a (clumsy) mix of 1e and 2e nWoD

>> No.7728882

>>7728858
Why is it clumsy? I thought Mori knew all the rules super well and it looked like she was doing the rules perfectly.

>> No.7728886

have the girls burned a vampires house down in broad daylight yet?

>> No.7728969

>>7728886
Next mission is Malkavian mansion so, you already know what's up.

>> No.7729166

>>7728882
>I thought Mori knew all the rules super well and it looked like she was doing the rules perfectly.
I wish I was watching the same game you were.

>> No.7729817

>>7729166
Prove it.

>> No.7730043

>>7729817
What?

>> No.7730408
File: 907 KB, 1400x1400, Huntermyth Party Final2.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>>7728882
>>7729166
She's clearly still in an experimental phase with the homebrew she's cooking. Doing it in front of a live audience + the inexperienced crew + trying to manage atmospheric effects makes her come off a bit uncertain. Her dorky, autistic personality only accentuates the effect.

What would really help is if the other girls sat their goddam asses down for a few hours and wrote up some basic self-reminders regarding the game mechanics and their merits. I'm half-convinced they don't burn willpower because they aren't aware that they can just blurt it out at will, rather than waiting for the GM to remind them. I mean hell, during the first group session they wouldn't reroll their 10s until prompted by Calli, but in session 2 they were a bit better about it. It's a gradual process, but I can see the improvements peeking out here and there.

>>7728886
>>7728969
A foreigner, an anti-social grad nerd, a drug dealer, and a boisterous country bumpkin, none of whom have much in the way of social graces, all have to dress up formally and infiltrate a fancy evening ball. This is going to reach unimaginable levels of hilarity.

>> No.7730452
File: 371 KB, 2953x1661, Scout&Tiara.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>>7730408
Samefag. Forgot to add Gura and Tiara have actually done a good bit of reading in their off-time regarding their merits and game mechanics. Just need them all to get on the same page.

>> No.7731198

>>7730408
>What would really help is if the other girls sat their goddam asses down for a few hours and wrote up some basic self-reminders regarding the game mechanics and their merits.
They're on R20, it'd take 10 mins to copy over merit rules. They can make infinite boxes for them

>> No.7731250

>>7730408
I'm going to laugh my ass off if their 'ball' is a rave set to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3KvMgoA1C4

>> No.7731885

>>7722197
that's why (you) need to make highlight of their sessions >here

>> No.7732318
File: 984 KB, 2737x4096, 1626911626013.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>>7731198
It's less the technical aspect, more mental. Their individual (and thus, group) performances would be improved immensely by actively taking the first hour or two before the session and getting into the mode of RP'ing. Brew a mug of tea (or coffee if you're a degenerate normie shit), rewatch the last 30 minutes of the previous session, take stock of their acquired inventory, and review that character sheet and briefly consider about what skills might be useful today.

This isn't a demand or some backseating crap, it's sound advice for anyone who plays TT. It requires a different approach as opposed to most other hobbies. I hope they check this thread, because I want them to see this. A little pre-prep would ensure they have a lot more fun with the experience, which would improve their performance.

>> No.7733304

>>7725708
Honestly they very rarely take weekend days off.
What I find more likely is that they just couldn't make that work with their scheduled convention appearances throughout September

>> No.7736887

>>7693979
Sanji plz

>> No.7740758

>>7732318
This. Then again, timezones are a bitch.

>> No.7748660

>>7732318
I think they should have discord sex 10 minutes before the stream starts.

>> No.7751408

They have time to fix things but their timezone sleepiness requires extra dedication or it won't pay off

>> No.7751618

>>7720962
Yes do some conversions if only to motivate me to do some.

>> No.7752814

Hunter the Vigil 2e comes out soon, bros...I want to play with /vt/!

>> No.7753503
File: 324 KB, 612x401, HtV_TaskForceValkyrie.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>>7752814
Alright anon, then you better contribute to the snacks money pool, or else.

>> No.7754165
File: 143 KB, 769x917, melee chart.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>>7727118
i'm not any anon above, but...
...so, Plain are non-violence based.
what if i made one who was a heavy drug user (and maker)
that drugged women.
and then non-consensual'ed them while they were in dead fish mode, bareback, with intent to fertilize.
--i'm anti-death, pro-life.
--no resisting
--other than non-consent, i'm being as sweet with them as possible.
and
--anyone who fucks with me as a result pays huge karmic penalties.
does this break the game?
>
something tells me we are reading how the Plain work wrong.
which book do they come from? i will read it and get a judge-level impartial view on how these colacas work.
and then i will convince Ina to convince Mori to let Yuul read a certain blog...

>> No.7754347

>>7731250
i doubt it, but, yeah.i don't like Haachama, but she has the best goddamn opening crawl of any Holo'

>> No.7754586

>>7752814
I've been pitching it to my playgroup to no success. They don't believe in anything that's not DnD

>> No.7754885

>>7731250
Kanzaki Hiro has so many great Holo songs

>> No.7755847

>>7752814
>>7753503
>>7754586
If you set up a group I might join, or I might just ghost you.

>> No.7757531

>>7754586
find better friends

>> No.7766437

>>7754165
Hurt Locker.

>> No.7767146

>>7766437
it's called the Hurt Locker, OMG terrific

>> No.7767565

>>7754586
>I've been pitching it to my playgroup to no success.
How did you pitch it?

>They don't believe in anything that's not DnD
Why not? What is it specifically that's keeping them in 5e?

>> No.7770631

I'm extremely dumb, do we know when the next episode is yet?

>> No.7771704

>>7770631
It's every two weeks iirc

>> No.7771723

>>7771704
so, next week, probably on tuesday?

>> No.7774660

>>7771723
Kiara actually talked about it, it'll be a week more delay due people not being available next week

>> No.7775028

>>7774660
The silver lining is? More time to be productive! R-right guys?

>> No.7775553

>>7754586
>They don't believe in anything that's not DnD
Like, fedora kinds of anti-belief that's pretentious and insufferable, or a "we don't play any other system" kind of disbelief? Regardless, your group sounds either mega retarded or a bunch of CR wannabes if they're repulsed by all other systems.

>>7774660
Ame going on a 10 day vacation at some point. She'll be unavailable all next week.

>> No.7775573

>>7775553
Ame would still be on vacation a week later, it's more likely to be Mori with he visit home

>> No.7775631

>>7775553
>>7767565
They're just too lazy to learn another system. I'm pitching it to them as a modern day supernatural thriller but they'd rather I butcher 5e and somehow fit it into that than learn CofD

>> No.7777837

>>7775631
So not only are they stuck on DnD, they're stuck on the shittiest edition of it. Truly wretched creatures.

>> No.7781952

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHnJndh71f8

Fun little animation to bamp

>> No.7784782
File: 1.48 MB, 3000x3000, 7d5f997a6f5a50084e14f99648a3fa1306a350ef.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>>7681319
>>7692209
I buy this theory

>> No.7786181

Can't wait for the next session. Definitely the thing I'm most willing to wake up at 5am for.

>> No.7786683

>>7784782
>pointed ears

>> No.7789881
File: 1.35 MB, 1296x1950, f6b6a2729ac89ed3ecdb6b0bd434fa6a29b1e295.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

bump with new art

>> No.7794237

>>7775631
>They're just too lazy to learn another system.
Have you told them that 5e is by all accounts overly complicated, poorly-explained, and thus far harder to learn than the average game? Because it is. But I also get it, it's a leisure activity and should be fun. Not everyone thinks learning rules is fun, it's not always a matter of being lazy. The basics of the system is only a couple of sentences though. Every action is stat + stat/skill number of d10's, 8+ is a success, rerolls 10s, 1 success is good and 5 is better. Merits are feats except you start with some. Instead of levelling up you spend XP on the specific stats, skills, Merits, and other abilities you want.

>I'm pitching it to them as a modern day supernatural thriller but they'd rather I butcher 5e and somehow fit it into that than learn CofD
Well what are the bits of 5e that actually appeal to them? Why do they enjoy playing the RPG in the first place?

>> No.7794982
File: 144 KB, 1920x1080, 1551886012368.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>>7767565
You. Need. New. Friends.

friends like that will fuck up other dimensions of your life as well. be unafraid of being temporarily alone in this world. go and find people who have the same motivations and responsibility level you do, and you will be surprised at where things go.

>> No.7795008

>>7775631
whoops i meant to respond to you!

>> No.7795050

>>7794982
>Abandon your friends if they don't want to play your game of choice
You replied to the wrong person, but also go fuck yourself. People aren't dangerous because they don't want to learn another RPG. 5e is enough of a chore to learn that it fucking well should put off anyone from learning another one. Your friends don't have to be carbon copies off you. Actually autistic as fuck. Jesus.

>> No.7795181

>>7789881
i also realize we have 2 gold-eyed chara's and 2 green eyed chara's...assuming accuracy.
i think a Fujo drew that.....

>> No.7795223

>>7794982
>Play CofD or else you're not my friend
Anon, you should actually make some friends before giving advice on the matter.

>> No.7795333

>>7795050
>Your friends don't have to be carbon copies off you
....you misspelled of.
didn't say carbon copies, i said if they are lazy and play 5E they might be worth ditching. (5E has a very shitty fanbase)
Roleplayers can be some of the worst people on this planet. There are plenty of types of people in general who are social vampires, freeloaders, disconnected from reality, or general pessimists. And my experience says RPG players tend to attract a lot of those into their circles.
'nothign wrong with cleaning up your social life. the game group status may not be a symptom you want to ignore. You are right in that there should be other symptoms you look for once you see one bad spot....You don't want friends who are fake-ass friends.

>> No.7795377

>>7795333
Yeeeeah. You sound like an obnoxious cunt.

>> No.7795404

>>7795223
>completely misconstruing the post above.
you must be a serious asshole in real life. Do you call people out for being White Supremacists when you don't like them? twitter user?

>> No.7795427

>>7795377
>Critical Role fan

>> No.7795453

>>7795377
>There are plenty of types of people in general who are social vampires, freeloaders, disconnected from reality, or general pessimists.
struck a nerve?

>> No.7795454

>>7795333
>And my experience says RPG players tend to attract a lot of those into their circles.
I feel like this is a (you) problem. If most of the games you play in are infested with assholes it's because you're the asshole.

>> No.7795499

>>7795404
>>7795427
>>7795453
>Samefagging this hard.

>> No.7795536

>>7795333
>5E has a very shitty fanbase
5E just has a big fan base. Its worse sins are piss boring combat that typically goes on too long (some how they managed to out do 4E on that, but atleast I had opinions in 4E) and that they cant think of a good subclass for most martials other then "you also get some wizard spells I guess lmao"

>> No.7800570
File: 251 KB, 1536x2048, f75491e20c3f6b5e67712b27786972a282e76206.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>>7726983

>> No.7805060

>>7795427
That's not very nice

>> No.7808073

There going to be another thread?

>> No.7808317
File: 462 KB, 2813x1673, Watoto2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>>7789881
As much as I enjoy the official artwork of the characters, I find myself similarly enjoying Amelia's decision to leave Watoto open to interpretation (the real underlying reason is because she can't draw for shit). It has resulted in some nicely varied styles, like this one that depicts him as younger and more twink-like, which gained some popularity for a while.

If I had to hammer down a definitive model for him, I'd go with pic related. Short, stocky, and prematurely aging due to a really fucked up and unhealthy living environment, very rough looking like he's been pushing back against life as much as it's been holding him up. But definitively human.

>> No.7808345
File: 3.85 MB, 2939x1731, Tiara&Watoto2.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>>7808073
I'll make another once this one archives. It's down time, so no real rush.

>> No.7808931

>>7808317
This watoto looks way too scruffy and manly. Watoto strikes me much more as a kind of lanky scrawny skulking kind of person, not a literal oogabooga caveman me smash you kind of deal.

>> No.7809057
File: 424 KB, 560x888, Watoto4.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>>7808931
Watoto has moderately high investment in both Brawl and Survival, with some points in Intimidation as well. Not to say a grappler has to be bear mode to be effective, but I think the artist took the skill distribution into consideration. Pic related is another personal favorite.

Now that I'm looking, I realize Watoto is the only one with any points in substantial information-gathering. Ame is going to have to be proactive at checking around at the party or it's going to be all fights all the time. Which they're only moderately good at. Rough session ahead.

>> No.7809421

>>7809057
I like this one
https://twitter.com/YKTNlife/status/1407750303252987911/photo/1

>> No.7813331

>>7809421
That boy ain't right

>> No.7820279

I at least want this thread to hit the bump limit.

>> No.7821036

>>7820279
We're starved on content, ngmi

>> No.7821084

>>7821036
WAGMI, bros. Just a couple more.

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action