[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vt/ - Virtual Youtubers

View post   

File: 56 KB, 512x512, EaITlrFXQAEL5r9.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
73360178 No.73360178 [Reply] [Original]

any idea what cover should do for holostars to grow? ( don't need an answer from a hater who only wants them to disband ) pls be genuine, i need critics who know the public wants

>> No.73360386

>>73360178
Honestly? I'm not a homo, I actually liked Vesper with his Kronii collab. I recall super seethe lmao but that shit was genuinely funny.

Anyways, imo, having good clippers and good moments helps a lot. Don't force this shit super awkwardly and constantly request for collabs. Don't force your references in weirdly into cameos of the holo girls. Do things naturally and it will all fall into place. I understand shilling but do not be genuinely insufferable about it, alright? The unicucks have a point where it's suffocating af

You can copy Nijicucks with BFE too if you want.

And your clippers need to be a good variety, no super long videos. I have seen some homo clips, you guys can be pretty funny. Some shit is too long and some aren't typical highlight worthy. Oh and good memes too, my son will always be my son. :')

>> No.73360630

>>73360178
Just play games or do talking streams until you get a funny memorable moment like Roberu's "cafeteria in my soul" and "winning son", and Shien's long list of retarded things he has done.

>> No.73361016

>>73360178
They should be more like vinny or joel from Vinesauce. basically no gay shit just be more normal. Vesper was the only Holostar I liked at all but unfortunately he was incapable of controlling his autism.

>> No.73362814

>>73360178
First i wanna say i’m not a homo but sometimes i watch altare, if my oshi isn’t streaming.
They shouldn’t take the gay route, that’s just cringe and no one but sisters or troons want to see that.

Cover shouldn’t force them into stuff, like they did with the holofes poster, that just brings more hate, tho if the girls wanna collab i don’t see any problem.

they should just play games and or do zatsu, maybe collab more with indies, so they wouldn’t get hate from unicucks.

But honestly are they doing that bad? They are already 3 views, it’s not that bad

>> No.73363152
File: 27 KB, 680x382, 1701534602023521.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>73360178
What cover should do is take the holostars, and stop having them collab with girls, both the JP and EN girls, just like not have male collabs at all. Then what cover should do is terminate/graduate ever single fucking one of the faggot homo stars forever, without pay, and then sue them for being homo faggots, and then hire hitmen to find them in their homes and shoot them in the fucking skull, making good and sure they stay well the flying mother fuck away from my fuckin oshi. You picking up what i'm putting down you collab begging fucking homo trannies? If you watch males, kill yourself.
That is my genuine serious answer. Good evening.

>> No.73363290

>>73360178
cover should take them down the dudebro route, no female collabs, just a bunch of dudes acting like dudes n streaming.Maybe like that the homostars bullshit would be a little more palpable.

>> No.73363444

>>73363290
no matter how bro they are, watching homos is gay. like they could be the manliest men to have ever manned, but watching them would still always be absolute fucking faggotry. It's like the hundreds of thousands of men that watch men's sports and stare at dude's butts all day every day. All of it, fucking gay, it all needs to be abolished, all of it. Cleanse the earth of faggotry with a world spanning fire. Then and only then can i finally enjoy my cute girls playing video games and singing and dancing in peace.

>> No.73363505

>>73360178
fully go brotuber like vesper but without dumbfuck menhera trying to fuck with unicorn,you homostars fans didnt realise that NO NIJI FUJO WILL SUPPORT HOLOSTARS,because they are triballist,they only care if its niji.

>> No.73363788

>>73360178
They tried everything already, there's nothing that will work. Just a waste of money and time is all they are and ever will be.

>> No.73363972

>>73363152
Based

>> No.73364070

>>73363444
Fucking BASED

>> No.73364125

If Holostars were not profitable, well why would the shareholders allow them to make more/continue them?

>> No.73364159

>>73363444
let me guess, you're a tranny?

>> No.73364709
File: 91 KB, 590x640, 1686095631685281.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>73360178
First things first, marketing them towards Hololive's audience is a waste of time and will never work. Most Hololive fans are straight men, and there is no conceivable reason why a straight man would watch a male vtuber over a male fleshstreamer
The only possible market niche I see for male vtubers outside of China is to go full gay and pander to fujos. Make Homostars a real thing. Have them flirt with each other during collabs and record homoerotic voice packs and ASMR. If disbanding Holostars isn't an option, this is your only path forward.
And needless to say, end all Hololive x Holostars collabs. They will not bring the Stars any new fans for the reasons mentioned above and only will breed resentment towards them.

>> No.73364806

>>73360178
either fujobait or copy the popular bro gamer channels. Either one works but if all they want is growth, the weird mix doesn't work over here. Women don't watch streams nearly as often as guys do, so you'd likely want to go hard in the bro gamer audience and pray you fit in with the stiff competition of fleshtubers.

>> No.73364851

You guys are gonna hate this, but the route to success with any streamer is leeching off of a brand or more popular streamer and all the outside collabs they did in the early Tempus days with stuff like offline tv is the path to growth. No clue why they stopped doing it as much. It's how the more successful JP stars have done it.

>> No.73364871

>>73364851
Seriously, if they do collabs with larger bro streamers online it could probably catch on really fast. Women just don't watch video game streams these days.

>> No.73364920

>>73360178
Make an anime.

>> No.73365083

>>73360178
The market cap for male vtubers is abysmal, and women don't turn to streamers when they get lonely, nor do they spend money on things that don't benefit themselves(ie. supas, merch, etc.). They simply ask for attention on any social media platform and get it without resorting to being some nobody in a streamer's chat for months.
>but ugly and fat women
Not relevant. Any man will succumb to the cries of a lonely woman.
>but gay men
Statistically gay men also amount to less than 5% of even modernized first world areas. Of that 5%, you have even a smaller micro-fraction of those willing to confide or spend time watching a vtuber.
>but fujos, yumes, etc.
Have better avenues of seeking that type of service through tried-and-true media like visual novels, manga, and anime.
>but they're just needs to be an entertaining enough male chuuba equivalent of gura to-
If there was, he would be making 10x more money as a flesh creator, an actor, a singer, etc. in industries far more influential and dar more profitable than vtubing will ever provide.

Vtubing is simply a female-dominated talent industry where they will always be more popular. Parity is not achievable.

>> No.73365138

>>73360178
Turn Holostars into own subsidiary and be hands off similar to Brave Group when it comes to VSPO.

>> No.73365962

>>73360178
hire E;R

>> No.73366020

>>73360178
Start from zero, completely separated from Hololive.
Otherwise they will always be known as just a leeches.

>> No.73366049

>>73365083
There was simply no stable market to be tapped even fujo's got tired of luxiem. colab beggars don't even watch the boys streams only looking for that high of stepping down on the girl's popularity once they accept their demandsLike why would women fawn over guys for attention when they can be the vtuber where guys fawn over them.

>> No.73366129

>>73363444
sounds like you might be in the closet, that or other men make you feel insecure for being a fat retarded unicorn

>> No.73366416

>>73360178
Hire an actual brotuber that is not a menhera, can bfe for the sad fujos(money), plays games with fans, hates beggars, and doesn't collab with the girls. Give me one who can match up in supcom or play warband then i might consider buying membership.

captcha: ntr0 xa

>> No.73366480
File: 6 KB, 183x172, urdad.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>73360178
They need to be more affectionate to their audience. Play trendy games that any girl will like, VN for girls. Girls like dramatic shit, they like content that will validate them or talk shit about experiences about love life and its failure. Don't fujobait unless it's impromtu. Read superchat, everybody wants to read their thoughts.

>t.ex of a fujo

>> No.73366566

>>73366480
^

>> No.73366616

It really depends on what you actually want out of an audience, though. Is there even a fujo audience in the west? Even LuxNoc became NijiCN

>> No.73366767

>>73363152
I miss the day when virgin vs chad meme was ironic, not being used as justification for obnoxious views that's abnormal.

>> No.73367003

>>73360178
Option 1:
Completely distance Stars from Live - make it clear to everyone that they aren't anything like "just a different branch", but a whole different VTuber group that just happens to also be under the 'Holo' name due to being managed/owned by Cover. Once that's done, they could finally 'properly' attempt to grow on their own without having to remain as just the 'shadows of Hololive'.

Option 2:
Actually force male-idol'y activities/content on them much more. Some of them really do have some potential to be 'music-related stars', but it's all wasted on how 90% of their content on their channels is just a spam of the typical JP-approved multiplayer garbage like Apex, Valorant and similar shite.
Force them to have like at least one in five streams be a Karaoke one or other stuff like that instead.
And if they really want to boost in numbers their young female audience, they should also start somewhat regularly uploading music-related shorts like how other VTubers sometimes seem to be doing. Those fuckers love those, it seems.

Option 3:
Abandon all of your standards and become similar to NijiEN with tons of fujo-baiting through exaggerated faggotry, manufacturing their own gay ships and such.
If their goal would somehow become to "Just make yourselves pretty profitable for once", no matter the long-term costs of that, that seems like the most sure-fire method of achieving that. The least recommended option, naturally.

>> No.73368422

>>73360178
>any idea what cover should do for holostars to grow?
shut it down

>> No.73368916

>>73367003
>Option 1
Fails because
>just happens to also be under the 'Holo' name due to being managed/owned by Cover.
That won't stop homobeggars. And as long as homobeggars exist, homos will be seen as just a leeches. The refusal to change a name will just empower them.
>Option 2
That would likely require more 3D streams. Which would take studio from girls, which would anger Hololive fans even more. Good way to make them even more hated.
>Option 3
Aside from being fragile option... Too late for that. + women are attracted to success and homos are anything but that.

>> No.73369037

>>73366767
me too, its not a chad attitude to be insecure about males, its virgin behavior

>> No.73369072

>>73360178
Avoiding at all cost the BFE AND the gay route
They give a brotherhood vibe and do not need that kind of shit since it will attire people like sisters all over the place.

They need good clippers that would get all the retarded and hilarious shit they do on a daily basis, and including the more heartwarming stuff.

People have to also avoid doing any homobegging (it's annoying, and no one wants a collab where there's no actual dynamic or an artificial one anyway) and letting things happening naturally, like Axel with the JPs in the game I forgot the name of (him doing oneeshota shit), or the JPs homos in GTAV with stuff like Ao working for Aruran. That kind of event can make them much more well known on top of being naturally funny

>> No.73369735

Whole lot of chumps in this thread volunteering to do free labor for the holostars manager OP

>> No.73371267

>>73360178

>> No.73372004

>>73360178
Collab with Twitch indies.

>> No.73373163

>>73360178

>> No.73375067

>>73364709
Well said

>> No.73378216

>>73360178

>> No.73378507

>>73360178
Ditching idolshit because it obviously is not working

>> No.73382706

>>73360178
Not sure

>> No.73384023

>>73364851
outside collabs are a safer way to provide mixed for holowatchers, the downside is 'outside' in the west is a fucking minefield.
i don't watch stars, will never watch them but don't hate them. if they start dragging in even more westoid political bullshit into the holosphere i might start to hate them
and i say even because it's already happened a few times. they are worse then the girls when it comes to this

>> No.73384083

>>73360178
What demographic does Kuzuha appeal too? They should just try and copy him.

>> No.73388104

>>73364709
yes

>> No.73388216

Stop giving them designs only meant to appeal to a small subsection of women.

>> No.73388822

>>73364125
Mainly because Yagoo and A-Chan hold the most shares and can do whatever the fuck they want. That’s why they can refuse shit like one jackass asking if Subaru can make private messages for them

>> No.73390419

It's nice of Mr. Tanigo to support them for so long but it really doesn't fit in with Hololive does it? One of the reasons Hololive works so well is the somewhat stricter enforcement of cute girls doing cute things. They can do something that breaks the mold but because it's outside of the perceived norm for their company it has more value. Something like Zatsu is just inherently harder for a dude since they actually have to be interesting for extended periods. A cute girl can literally munch on some chips and have it still entertain a portion of the audience but a man must maintain a constant stream of interesting one sided discussion.

There are popular male streamers and vtubers but cute boys doing cute things is something that requires much more planning which kind of defeats the purpose of watching it as streaming content. The EN market watches male streamers to hang out with someone who has a sense of humor as broken as their own. Even then, their money comes from ads most of the time with only fujo-bait getting any significant revenue. Right now, the impression I feel from Holostars is one of desperation. Not just from the talent but from the fans. They wanted to support them like they were good Samaritans for agreeing to be entertained but now it's just watching a needle not move. I personally don't think they're doing anything wrong. Say what you will about Hololive, they don't give up on people and that makes the vibe surrounding it not as dour.

I will critique this though: the EN designs seem to only cater towards visual novel playing fujos. While female designs need crazy stuff to stand out, I unironically think the designs should feel simpler and more appealing. Magni's face practically didn't emote even when he was shouting at the top of his lungs and that purple thing just looked bad any way you slice it. JP Holostars don't have this problem. I don't know what the fuck is going on with EN on this.

>> No.73390563

>>73360178
If there is a market for it then people will flock to it, since there isn't then it's already too late. You don't want to hear "just disband" so I won't say it...but don't expect anything more than the very modest success they are. The only way to be bigger would have been the foresight to debut before Nijisanji EN. I bet Cover are still kicking themselves not being first.

>> No.73390930

We have a thread like this every month

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action