[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vt/ - Virtual Youtubers

View post   

File: 118 KB, 899x543, 1685353054094993.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
71420141 No.71420141 [Reply] [Original]

https://finance.logmi.jp/articles/379242

Now I'm not the CEO of a public company, but isn't publicly telling your investors that you have no long term business plan a really dumb thing to do?

>> No.71420305
File: 46 KB, 615x470, 1688248675476268.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>71419447
Thread died before I could reply, but the reason why the 2023 Q3 was so high is because it was luxiem's first anniversary back when they were at their height, so the earnings that quarter got massively boosted from that. Between then and now we had Yugo terminated, Mysta graduating and then casting all kinds of shade on the company, and the cancellation of the AR live that had luxiem members bitch about it in public so that drained away all the paypigs.

>> No.71422266

>>71420141
you cut out the last part of the answer holobrony

>> No.71422497

>>71420141
>but isn't publicly telling your investors that you have no long term business plan a really dumb thing to do?
Only if it didn't work in 2018.
https://careerhack.en-japan.com/report/detail/971

>> No.71422582

Investors want them short terms anyway.

>> No.71424462

>>71422497
It's a lot easier to grow in a new field than an old one: practically everybody has access to the tech Niji had at the start now, and 3D has evolved to the point where the major VTuber companies are all actually less expressive than they really should be now, because even "web-cam only" 3D is fairly workable.

In other words, going forward, Niji (and even Hololive) are going to be competing with ever more streamers, using tech that's almost on par with what only a motion capture suit could do in the past.

>> No.71424683

>>71424462
It's rather impressive how much the tech and quality gap has closed between the Big 2 and indies/everyone else.
They have to compete in other areas now and expand beyond the standard avenues to maintain their status at the top. Cover at least has video games and Holoearth. What the fuck does Anycolor have to compete

>> No.71424755

>>71422582
Then they wouldn't be investors retardchama...

>> No.71424915

>>71420141
Not here to be NDF but what about the past few decades makes you think neoliberal capitalism is interested in long-term anything?
>>71424683
>Holoearth
Jesus, I keep forgetting they haven't canned that yet. Hopefully it at least never comes out to actually publicly embarrass them.

>> No.71424970

>>71424462
Most corpo vtuber streams still use stiff live2d models. Nobody's here for the tech.

>> No.71425222

>>71424755
Quick cash in, quick cash out, is the order of the day, much like it is for Riku, who has bought and sold four other companies, and always likes "something fresh and new while throwing out the old."

>> No.71425244

>>71424462
Damn, if only either of Anycolor or Cover had the foresight to invest their profits from the Covid boom on things other than shareholder returns and personal yachts, like say in-house tech, community culture, overseas goodwill or applicant quality over quantity. Unlucky!

>> No.71425383
File: 80 KB, 728x672, wtf_is_this.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>71420141
My Japanese is bad, but am I reading this right? Is Nijisanji really claiming a 97% talent retention rate in a public document?

>> No.71425609

>>71425383
see fig. 1 to see how they derived that conclusion

>> No.71425682

>>71424462
>using tech that's almost on par with what only a motion capture suit could do in the past.
tbf I think Cover's new studio is definitely a bit out of reach for most other vtuber studios

>> No.71425818

>>71424462
>using tech that's almost on par with what only a motion capture suit could do in the past.
Maybe if in the past you mean 20+ years ago. Trackerless tracker will always be worse than mocap tracking, similar reason to how wifi is not okay even if you're close to your router.

>> No.71425853

>>71425609
That math still doesn't nearly work for that... Unless they mean out of all domestic livers from every company in that their graduates make up 3% of the losses in the entire Japanese industry. Then it might.

>> No.71425948

>>71425853
That's exactly what they're saying

>> No.71425980

>>71425853
there's the catch, they never explicitly say they're only talking about their company there even if that's what a reasonable person would infer.

>> No.71426061

when will bilibili pull out from being niji investors? or are they going to keep witnessing their stock to drop?

>> No.71426740

>>71422266
seethe more tranny

>> No.71427169

>>71420305
>the cancellation of the AR live that had luxiem members bitch about it in public
Vox pushing away his fujos, changing his content and making that your mom joke at Sonny did much more damage than this

>> No.71427880

>>71427169
>he thinks fujosupas can come even close to the amount of money made from concert tickets and exclusive merch
Huh?

>> No.71427898

>>71420141
Was this planned at all or was it an emergency earnings call? I thought they only did calls once a year? In any case, this was still a gigantic disaster of a call. They failed in convincing investors their company was still worth investing in.

>> No.71428872

>>71420141
>our business is not a business where we invest billions of yen and recover it several years later.
Serious question; can this type of framework be implement in vtuber business?
What I understand is that in vtubing you have have to cultivate fans for revenue.

>> No.71429035

>>71428872
Not if you have the faintest idea of what Vtubing is. If you are a group of balding Japanese businessmen their 50-60s, you could unironically be convinced that Riku's ACCELERATE is a viable business strategy. This is where someone's kids/grandkids are unironically better market researchers for if a company is worth investing in rather than hiring a group of researchers to tell you instead.

>> No.71429361

>>71429035
>you could unironically be convinced that Riku's ACCELERATE is a viable business strategy.
Except you can't, since after all the new debuts that happened they only made 7% more money from donations. That's not really a viable growth when the entire concept is "producing public speakers who can/have/will likely shit on us": every new debut is 1 new avenue for a backlash. Maybe if it was 70%.

>> No.71429717

>>71429361
You can't now because the businessmen didn't see the negative impacts of ACCELERATE until this point. That's why the majority of the Q&A was asking about growth prospects and thinking about the company's investments and future because the abysmal results alongside the fact that Cover, their competitor, is actually investing and seeing their investments pay off are making them question Riku's business model. They may know nothing about Vtubing possibly aside from what the company tells them but they can spot when a company is actually sinking and not recovering. It shouldn't be surprising when they spent the whole year thinking Riku could possibly turn it around as companies all have bad quarters but the events of the past month alongside NijiFes generating even less money is finally burning the rest of the benefit of the doubt buff Anycolor had.

>> No.71430045

>>71429717
>You can't now
Lmao.
Taking your post seriously it's pretty clear from the first sentence you don't know anything about how old japanese farts think since they are in this very moment seeing the downsides of it.

There are barely any buy orders AND they hit the fall cap. Maybe if you were talking purely in a past-tense but now? No way, José.

>> No.71430201

>>71430045
I was talking in the past in my post, the first sentence was focusing on the fact that no one is buying their excuses for poor financial performance NOW. There would be no reason otherwise the company's stock price plunged to its minimum selling price allowed for one day with no buy orders, as you said.

>> No.71430301

>>71427880
Who do you think is the market for those?

>> No.71430443

>>71430045
Reading comprehension doko?

>> No.71433622

>>71424462
Thank god they have Ame, if someone will push for new stuff from the perspective of the streamer it's gonna be her

>> No.71434226
File: 64 KB, 686x336, file.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>71420141
I'm convinced after reading this that EN is going to do a merge like ID/KR and it will probably be announced next quarter.
The most worrying part of the transcript is the fact that they have nothing left in the tank but waiting for an M&A/Buyout. But who would buy them out especially at this time? Sony just killed Prism Project and is divesting from Vtubing and Bilibili has issues with cashflow, they just shut down stuff like their comics last year and are investing in domestic animation instead, so the two of them are out. Whoever buys Anycolor would be basically getting a hot potato and have to dig the business out of the hole and I can't see that happening unless they go and force graduate talents based on if they make profit or not and other cold rightsizing actions only businesspeople out for profit would make to acquire a dumpsterfire of a business like Anycolor.

>> No.71434723

>>71425853
The footnote says in one specific quarter in 2022 onwards, but not including FY23/24 their main branch, and only their main branch, had a 97% retention rate for its vtubers. It's some impressive cherry picking.

>> No.71435543

>>71424915
Have you been following Cover's reports? Holoearth is getting close to launch.

The video game stuff is just one aspect of it. Its main job is to serve as Cover's in-house event platform. I think the plan is to stop having to go to third party platforms for things like concert and host everything on Holoearth. It also adds some resilience to the company if livestreaming on YouTube ceases to be viable.

>>71434226
>The most worrying part of the transcript is the fact that they have nothing left in the tank but waiting for an M&A/Buyout. But who would buy them out especially at this time?

One possible future is that the stock continues to crater on Monday and it keeps falling to the point where the company is forced to delist. Assuming that happens, they will probably lose a shit ton of money and likely have no choice but to seek a buyer or to liquidate. Riku might get lucky and find some dumbass willing to buy Anycolor as-is, but more likely, he will liquidate to just get what money he can out of the company.

What would a liquidation look like? I have no clue. He could potentially sell a vTuber's assets to another company, but I am very unsure if that other company could compel the labor of the person behind the model. Suppose Enna, for example, is "sold" to Sony with six months left on her contract. Does that mean the actress behind Enna has to accept employment from Sony until her contract runs out? I have NO idea! If other companies cannot compel the vTuber's labor, then those assets may be mostly worthless, potentially leaving Tazumi with NOTHING.

Riku COULD potentially remain in charge and take the company private, but Nijisanji's brand is so tainted and damaged among both investors and fans it would require years of deft management to get the company back on its feet. Riku doesn't give a shit about the company and is clearly too lazy and unmotivated to fix anything as we've seen over the past year. So I think he will try to sell, and when he can't, he will liquidate.

>> No.71436889

>>71424915
>>71424683
AI/machine learning has closed most of the quality gap. Most of the solutions indies are using was using at the time cutting-edge machine learning research papers to implement neural networks that could run on the CPU to do most of the tech from 2018/2019 and it is impressive to the point it boggles the mind how Anycolor and Cover haven't done the same, but getting anyone to know AI/machine learning at this time with the salary levels they are paying for tech is probably next to impossible.
That's not even counting on the stuff already out there to run AI on GPU which allows for much better models like what Vnyan and other solutions are doing. Not to mention that trackerless mocap is going close the quality gap with it. Someone posted some Nvidia tradeshow startup company that was going all in on that and it looked really impressive. If it improves further, I would not be surprised within the decade if getting indie 3D and hosting your own birthday 3D or skit to the quality of Hololive's current non-new 3D skit videos would only take a thousand dollars or something relatively cheap.
>>71435543
Holoearth is screwed, it is supposed to launch this year and outside of Protolive, it's nothing I remotely would even call is ready outside of the alpha phase. I think based on what Cover wants as an inhouse event platform, it will work but I have no idea if that even matches up to what they sold the public as a "metaverse" and if they try and prop it up with their talents, it can end up sucking the oxygen in the room and waste talents' time trying to prop it up. Cover and Anycolor are also really not "tech" so I don't know if valuation is going to be changed drastically based on that given they are companies that can't pay the level of salaries you can get for the best tech people to build products. We'll see but I am not optimistic.
As for Anycolor, liquidation should be seen as a last ditch effort to claw value back and I see that as the most likely option. But yeah, a lot of questions there since we have not seen liquidations that looked the same across the industry. For all the companies we've seen so far, the talents are able to keep everything and continue as indies as that is probably part of the contract they signed but given the employment contract that leaked, I would not be surprised if it becomes really complicated and etc.

>> No.71438013

>>71435543
>but I am very unsure if that other company could compel the labor of the person behind the model
They cannot. The contract would be void, as the worker signed up to work for one company and not the other. Otherwise you could end up with all sorts of fucked up situations. Like, as a wild example, having your contract bought out by NAMBLA and being associated with gay pedos through no fault of your own.
>If other companies cannot compel the vTuber's labor, then those assets may be mostly worthless, potentially leaving Tazumi with NOTHING.
Liquidation begins with all employees being laid off. Sony can buy the IP but not the person. It would be up to Sony and Enna to independently hash out a deal for employment. This is why, generally speaking, models are going to be worthless to most people outside of the livers themselves. Everyone with two neurons to rub together knows that recasting a vtuber is really, REALLY, bad PR. If a company does purchase a character you can bet they already made plans to hire the actor. More likely, some Livers will want to purchase their own IP so they can continue as an indie with minimal interruption. Craziest thing you might see is fans bidding on models to give them back to their oshis.

>> No.71438168

>>71424683
>It's rather impressive how much the tech and quality gap has closed between the Big 2 and indies/everyone else.
roru i want to see the indies and machine learning webcams beat 200 fucking cameras when it comes to tracking 10 talents on the same scene

>> No.71438197

>>71436889
>AI/machine learning
Good morning, sir.

>> No.71438205

>just admits to being a pump and dump
Interesting strategy.

>> No.71439591

>>71438205
I mean, some people have great success with being bold like that. It works until it doesn't, or backfires horribly.

>> No.71439843

>>71424755
What the fuck are you talking about, most of the investing parties live on they daytrading market you fucker, if you havent even considered reading about stock markets, or have only heard about the s&p500 go throw yourself from the highest builed head onto the ground. What you want is quick BUCKS, not to wait fucking decades to get just the diuble of your money back. Literally pump and dump, like your fucking mother you shithead

>> No.71440086

>>71435543
A move I think would be beyond retarded, but also extremely fucking funny (at least to me) is if Anycolor liquidates, and some of the assets are bought by Cover.

I not autistic enough to think it'd happen, but at the very least, I do think we all know that Cover would swoop in and offer up a slot in a future generation to some talents they like if the talent is laid off as a result of the liquidation process. I think it's reasonable that if they saw a talent they liked, and the assets were available, they'd swoop in and buy some select assets for the talents they scouted to save a bit of time and money on designing new models and stuff. Even if just in JP, since the JP side of Nijisanji still has brand recognition power in Japan.

Obviously though, like I said, I think this is just a super retarded thought because it'd be hilarious to me.

>> No.71440478

>>71424970
Fuck, you really want to laugh? Compare Zaion's model to Sayu. Exact same person.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xa38OJjHe2I
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeEeo4TansE
How the fuck did Nijisanji manage to cheap out THIS badly that someone this expressive shows up so stiff?

>> No.71440683

>>71440086
Cover hasn't done that in a long time, but if they were to pick people up, it would be no one but the JP side and it would be in the areas it is weakest in and can improve on like Niji's best males who the fanbase oh so much hates or anyone who can sing really well, which as a hot take, Nijisanji has more people who are better in that area than Cover. I imagine some of them would not be cheap to acquire so it must really have to be worth it, as I imagine some of these people can have a much better time as indies. The only other thing is if there is any tech (lmao) that is better on Nijisanji's side, that would be worth picking up too. But outside of that, I doubt anything else would pique their interest.

>> No.71440728
File: 18 KB, 704x295, file.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>71420141
it was enough of a fuckup to tank their stock harder than any of the recent controversies did

>> No.71442117

>>71440086
As funny as that would be, it would be even funnier if instead of Cover doing that buyout, Yagoo personally does it. And it would also be great for the talents, since he would run Anycolor the way he runs Cover.

Cover and Anycolor would still be two nominally separate companies, but with the same human person as CEO. In other words, "Yagoo the CEO of Cover" and "Yagoo the CEO of Anycolor" would be the same biological person but two different legal persons; or in Paradox/historical terms, Nijisanji would be a junior partner in a personal union under Hololive.

....and then the peyote wears off and I wake up.

>> No.71442241

>>71442117
Why bother? It would also mean he'd likely have to keep all of the contracts and management. And between severence pay and just all of the hassle, you'd think it'd be better to just let it all burn and start over with more qualified support to begin with.

>> No.71442302

>>71440683
Like I said, I don't think it's gonna happen at all, I can just see it as a way for Cover to recruit a select few talents they are eying. Who they are, I have no idea. I wouldn't limit it to just JP specifically, I can see them eying ID talent, since Cover seems to actually have some faith in their ID branch.

EN is where I think shit would be spotty, but I don't think it's completely off the table. I mean, a lot of EN Talent, even now, have subscriber counts that are quite high, with them only dropping because of the association with a controversy, because let's be real: the unsubs wouldn't have happened at this scale if Selen graduated instead. It wouldn't surprise me in least if Cover has their eyes on one or two of the EN Talent because of the numbers, and some of the talents have enough self-worth issues to see Cover as their golden parachute if Niji liquidates.

Again, I think the odds of Cover buying Niji assets is low, but scouting laid off talent that had an audience? That's totally a viable strategy, since they are proven at least marginally successful, so it's certainly a viable thing. VShojo has done it to a degree, so Cover doing it isn't out of the realm of possibility, even with NijiEN's currently shit reputation.

>> No.71442754

>>71424970
I'm here for the tech. Pretty much will go to people with impressive tech first and stick around depending on if the content is fun. Even pre-drama Sayu's model animation was what stood out, if only her choice in games wasn't so disappointing.

Cover's studio is actually good tech too, been a great to see the shit they do with it. Now I just hope they stop using the same base model for each fucking 'beach' outfit.

Meanwhile Niji is completely dead in the water. 0 tech, 0 appeal, 0 future prospects for even catching up on indies in terms of tech. I'll just watch an indie like Giri or Vedal instead.

>> No.71442926

>>71440728
They've been coasting along on borrowed time for a while now, artificial stock inflation never lasts, but it's at least supposed to last longer than this...

>> No.71443202

>>71442926
It's pretty funny that all this time that nijifags were trying to brag about Anycolor stocks it was all just artificially inflated and not even real...imagine being a nijifag and in a perpetual state of losing.

>> No.71443449

>>71442302
I can see them wanting guys like Kuzuha to boost Holostars, or bringing in friends of JP members like Hoshikawa. EN is unlikely because Mumei has a direct line to Selen/Doki, and whatever she’s been told has likely filtered to the others in the branch. I don’t think management will want to bring in people who won’t mesh with existing talents.

>> No.71443915
File: 805 KB, 1920x1378, 300chaptersandbeyond.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Rikku will stay
>VT will still parrot Nijisanji downfall is next week
>Rinse and repeat
>Nothing changes
This is truly the "kanokari will get axed after 218" fiesta but for vtubers
Next

>> No.71444321

>>71442302
The talents in ID are too disparate and scattered in content and style to make a cohesive wave but they could pick people from there at the right price. Picking any KR talent is hard as they have no infrastructure there and that's a big gamble if they want to build out even in the minimal support way Nijisanji did to support that.
EN, really I don't see it. You have to filter who and who isn't involved in the current situation and doing that unbiased is kinda hard. Really out of the girls from a sub standpoint, only Petra, Rosemi, Maria and maybe Scarle are worth the pickup and there is a big unknown how involved the rest of Obsydia is to the clique even though it looks neutral now, they interacted a lot in the past. EN males are a different story but the fact that HolostarsEN may be a net negative or breakeven might mean they at most pick one wave from the most successful subbed people who aren't involved in the situation potentially like Shu or Sonny. But again, the main issue isn't the fact Cover is new to this, they aren't but they haven't done it in quite a while and doing this process will take effort. Less than if you have to do auditions but still effort nevertheless to filter and discuss contracts with various people to buy them out.

>> No.71444482

>>71442117
In the scenario where Yagoo would want to buyout Anycolor as a whole, it'd make more business sense to do a sort of partial merger. I think, depending on Japanese laws about business monopolies, they'd maybe be limited on how much they could legally fold into Cover's business, even with a rebranding or whatever as the result of a merger. I'd say, in the event of that kind of thing happening, we could expect to see at least half of Niji's current active roster of Livers not make the transition.

>> No.71444514

>>71443449
Some EN nijimales have close connections to StarsEN, I wouldn't be surprised if they actually make it in through connections. Cover has chuubas that have collabed with their talents into their branches. (Jutard and Ollie for example.) It's not too out there for them to scout some past collaborators into the ranks.

>> No.71444571

>>71443449
I just hope none of the Niji males get brought in because all of them are actually gutter trash worse than Magni.

>> No.71444637

>>71443915
Yep, nothing ever happens...

>> No.71444792

>>71443915
According to things a Nijisis will never understand because they are paid in used tampons, 418 Millions of $ and any respect in the west changed.
But don’t worry, i get that you are still in mid school, basic understanding is hard.

>> No.71445484

>>71444571
Surely they aren't all bad? That Alban guy seemed chill enough in collabs. Worst thing I know about him is that he once called Petra Gura by mistake. But that just goes to show he puts Hololive above his own company.

>> No.71445512
File: 55 KB, 645x729, file.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Can't really say if it's the sisters getting more retarded every day or just false flaggers, it's impossible to tell.

>> No.71445563

>>71444571
As demonstrated by escapees Mysta and Kyo, all Nijimales are ticking yab bombs waiting to happen even when they get out of Anycolor.

>> No.71445660

>>71444792
Some kind anon explained it with goats >>71394505

>> No.71445746

>>71444571
doppio has no yabs and stayed friends with sayu after her termination, so he's alright to me. also childhood friends with red en homo, which might be his next-in if niji liquidates

>> No.71445783

>>71443449
It depends on how much influence Mumei would have in the process. Not every talent needs to actively mesh with one another, so long as things remain generally non-hostile. Even if they were to grab, say, Elira, alleged queen bitch of the Mean Girl clique, I imagine all that would happen is Mumei would put up resistance to the idea of collabing with her.

Remember: we don't have hard confirmation from any of the actual parties as to the scale of involvement of the names listed in Selen/Doki's document, so we are going off of assumptions and leaks, which even if credible need to be taken with a pinch of salt. I'm not saying this to defend Elira or whatever, I'm just not gonna go all in on rrats and the word of alleged leakers without more solid proof.

>>71444321
I agree on ID, but like I said, Cover has some faith in it, as opposed to Anycolor's complete lack of faith in that market these days. KR wasn't on my mind, even though I think Cover will, eventually, likely expand into Korea by scouting K-Pop trainees that have struggled to debut due to how strict that industry is (or at least, that's my schizo delusion).

The thing about the current situation is that because we don't know the full scale of how things are behind the scenes, as I said to the other anon, it's hard to say how it would affect onboarding if Niji talents are suddenly without a job. We are only able to speculate based on rrats and the alleged leaker who posts here as to how things are, and because the leaker can't personally vet their identity for obvious legal reasons, we can't take them as gospel, since they could just be a schizo LARPer. I think Cover would filter out the talent that could cause problems, but what that means is largely up in the air due to us only having breadcrumbs of verified info.

>> No.71445887

>>71445512
Assume its a mix of both.

>>71445484
The problem is that the perception of NijiEN males isn't very great. There's mentally mature individuals like Ren and Fulgur, but there's also yab magnets like Vox and Luca, or old problems like Kyo. Never watched much of Alban so I can't say. And the question of whether they would blend well enough into HoloStars or not raises a lot of concerns.

>> No.71445967

>>71445660
That's the short version, more detailed: >>71409266

>> No.71445998

>>71444571
I don't watch the male talents of any agency, as none of them are appealing to me as far as personality is concerned. That said, I do think that one or two being scouted would be a draw to Holostars, which as much as the unicorns would hate, is at least good business in theory.

>> No.71446170

>>71424970
Nonsense, they just cheap out on this stuff. There are indies that splurge on much better and more expressive things and benefit from it, like snuffy or girl_dm

>> No.71446201

>>71445783
IDK man CN shitshow showed its risky to get involved with those countries, and /vt/ has taught me that KR is way crazier than CN.
It is a possibility but it has many risks involved that need to be addressed, maybe go for a less risk involved country? CN doesn't look that good atm.

>> No.71446319

>>71445887
It's actually hilarious that if things really do bend that way they could pick an ENTIRE stars gen out of ex-nijimales

>> No.71446454

>>71445746
I'm still hoping that Agent Dropscythe is the rrat leaker, if only for the sheer cringekino.

>> No.71446464

>>71445887
>And the question of whether they would blend well enough into HoloStars or not raises a lot of concerns.
That's a very fair point. Not just in terms of onstream culture differences(i.e. no gay-baiting bottom jokes), but it's a safe bet that Holostars is very different than NijiEN behind the scenes. On account of having actual management. How any NijiEN Livers would handle having real structure is certainly up in the air.

>> No.71446564
File: 156 KB, 1274x711, 1682731768757841.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>71425383
anon the english version is available

>> No.71446601

>>71446454
I could see it. That dork is definitely chuuni enough to give himself a code name like LK.

>> No.71446630

>>71445484
He also just recently accidentally retweeted notPomu's Twitter's tweet about fat maids on his official account and it took a while before he deleted it. He's hilarious when he screws up.
>>71445783
If they liquidate, Cover would be able to most likely impose a condition which would be reasonable where the talents would be able to talk about the dramas and controversies to the fullest extent possible to buy them out. Because at that point, they wouldn't matter unless being made public so likely there would be some NDA signed to talk about it from the talent and Cover. With that, the company would basically be able to pool together a narrative on what happened likely in this case or in prior controversies and figure out who to retain or not regardless of internal input from Mumei or not. But again, this is why I am skeptical about EN hiring because to do this, this is higher effort than holding auditions if you want to be meticulous about who to pick.
>>71445887
For EN males, it's different. Even if you want to look at who never got involved with any controversy ever including PL which is super easy, you can still pick an entire gen like >>71446319 said of people with higher sub counts than 80% of Stars just using that basic filter. That's how weak that division is for Cover.

>> No.71446669

>>71422266
Your stock hit the daily circuit breaker tranny LMAO

>> No.71446844

>>71446319
>new stars gen debut
>alban, doppio, vanta, ren
imagine

>> No.71447752

>>71445783
Thing is, I don’t think non-hostility is an option if Mumei thinks someone had a role in driving her friend to nearly kill herself twice. Even if we don’t know the extent of it, she knows whatever Doki told her, and anyone in HoloEN interested in what happened is almost certainly going to ask her, so she wouldn’t be the only one complaining. This mainly applies to the girls, since it’s on record that Mumei doesn’t talk to HolostarsEN. Safe to say that any of the guys who Altare and Axel will get along with won’t have a problem.

>> No.71447938

>>71445512
It the only copium sisters can escape to while their company is burning. As they hug their fanfictions when they go to sleep, thinking Cover will swoop in and save them. It pretty funny to watch actually.

>> No.71448113

>>71447752
why doesn't she talk to them?

>> No.71448185

>>71447752
The assumption that they'd immediately speak to Mumei about it, on top of the assumption that everyone would to the point of spreading it around is weird. I don't think any of the holoEN girls are that retarded to step on the landmine that is
>hey our rival company caused your friend to try to kill herself twice

>> No.71448434

If Riku is axed and EN is folded into JP, what do the sisters do? I'm having a hard time figuring out if they're supporting the brand, Riku or the Homos.

>> No.71448581

>>71446454
>>71446601
I have seen no evidence but I believe this rrat. Out of all the EN livers, Doppio is the only one I like because he dials the chuuni level to 12

>> No.71448636

>>71448434
They'll do what any overly defensive person does: act like they said nothing because (you) cannot cite them on anything said. "It was by someone else, I never truly believed that!" will be common.

>> No.71448706

>>71448434
they'll blame holoincels and flick the bean to some nijimale

>> No.71448872

>>71427898
It's planned, they have one every six months, and the last one was in September

>> No.71449050

>>71448434
They'll go back to kpop.

>> No.71449176
File: 22 KB, 844x217, file.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>71448872
Then what was the shareholder meeting in July for marked on their IR calendar? I can only assume this is an emergency one which didn't work that tanked the stock 20%+.

>> No.71449583

>>71448434
Hopefully a few of the nijisisters will realize the atrociousness of their abusive sister behavior and change for a better
Hopefully at least a couple of them get so angry they get into some sort of accident and lose the ability to act and influence others and lose the ability to harass or attack others

>> No.71449719

>>71446844
>Doppio repackaged as an intrepid whistleblower from a dystopian cyberpunk zaibatsu
OH SHIT

>> No.71450729

>>71449719
they're gonna fucking do this and make him lore connected to Flayon and its going to be FUCKING. KINO.

>> No.71451862

>>71446844
Honestly, that'd make for a good gen.

>> No.71452006

>>71448113
They don’t have a reason to talk to each other and they don’t feel the need to go out of their way to do so.
>>71448185
It’s not weird at all. The girls most likely to give NijiEN the time of day speak to Mumei regularly. Kiara was mainly interested in Pomu and Nina and hasn’t done much with NijiEN since they both left, Mori and Bae had lunch with Elira in Japan before shit hit the fan, and Nerissa had all those collabs with Reimu, including one that was also supposed to have Selen. It’s something that could come up in one of Bae’s daily conversations with Mumei, or Nerissa might be curious why someone backed out of a collab at the last minute, on top of generally being a Twitter addict. It’s a combination of convenience and interest.

>> No.71452209

>>71452006
While it's true I vastly underestimated how many actually talk to nijiEN's it's still kind of a weird topic to ever breach since it's incredibly personal. I imagine the most Mumei would ever say effectively "fuck those faggots" but not much else, which anyone could've told you.

>> No.71452256

>>71448113
It is all but verboten for Holo girls to talk to Holo guys due to "MALE ON STREAM!" unicorns.

>>71447752
I think Vox is the only one we know for sure Mumei would bare her fangs at. Maybe Hex. Uki's a dick too, but I doubt how much he interacted with Selen. Luca's done some horrible stuff, but I doubt he sex pested Selen of all his options. Most everyone else is either too new to be involved or very rarely involved with the girls.

>> No.71453258

>>71440086
>...if Anycolor liquidates, and some of the assets are bought by Cover.
Personally I'd do it just for the memes. Which is one of the reasons I'm not allowed to be in charge of important things.

>> No.71453838
File: 82 KB, 450x489, 1707895026578708.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>71440086
There's only room for one poacher in this neighbourhood

>> No.71454695

>>71452209
I think they’d at least want to know if the people they’ve been talking to were secretly spiteful cunts. Someone who gets along easily with everyone else like Mumei simply telling them to stay away from certain people is something that would set off alarm bells on its own.
>>71452256
Mumei’s opinion on the NijiEN guys is irrelevant, even when nearly half the branch was talking to Tempus she wasn’t. Altare and Axel befriended Selen, so they’d be the ones who might object. They probably have more actual pull in who joins HolostarsEN, since Axel’s old manager is their Jenma.

>> No.71455091

>>71454695
>Someone who gets along easily with everyone else like Mumei simply telling them to stay away from certain people is something that would set off alarm bells on its own.
I realize what you're trying to say and I agree with you, but when you word it like that it sounds really retarded.

>> No.71455195

>>71446201
I get what you're saying, but CN's market is full of brainwashed nationalist faggots, so it's a stupidly volatile market in general. KR is generally more stable in that respect, because their chief export is K-Pop (and plastic surgery). I think Cover's whole "idol" branding, at least in part, makes them going for a K-Pop angle with a potential KR branch more viable than... whatever the shit Niji did.

>>71446630
I think EN is just as likely as basically any branch at the end of the day to have poached members. I'm operating under assumption that people in Cover are actively keeping an eye on the talents of their competitors anyway (vetting collabs at the very least) so it'd just be a check as to who is responsible. I do also think it depends on how much Cover takes advantage of a hypothetical liquidation of their biggest competition. If it's just buying up assets of select talents, it'd be as simple as whichever they're interested in, and it'd likely be a smaller pool. If it was closer to a merger/acquisition, they'd have to do the hard work of going through all of the shit Anycolor left them anyway.

>>71447752
As the other anon said, it comes down to how Cover would handle cleaning up the situation. While Mumei would have a clear bias, other talents may be cool with the alleged bullies behind the scenes, we don't know. Mumei actively still follows all of the Niji girls on Twitter, which I would assume she is not contractually obligated to do. I know that isn't saying a lot, but I mean, even Advent follows basically all of the NijiEN accounts, and they didn't have to. Hell, Nerissa and Kiara did a collab involving Elira back during the time Doki was recovering from her attempts at solving sudoku, which Mumei likely very much could have alerted them of privately. Assuming Elira is at least somewhat culpable in causing Doki's mental health to reach that point (which is only vaguely backed up because we only know her name was in Doki's document, and that one of Doki's friends said they "self reported," which, sorry, is just hearsay until we see even a redacted version of that document), unless that collab was scheduled super far in advance and couldn't be changed (which I find hard to believe, collab stuff changes last minute all the damn time), it's likely that only Mumei is the only one who'd care, and she has the choice to not engage.

Again, I'm not saying any of that to defend Elira, I'm just trying to be objective about how much Mumei can influence the decisions of who her company hires, and how much the other talents are directly affected by Doki's self deletion attempts. There's not enough evidence to suggest that Mumei would be able to sway internal opinions, because sometimes your friends are shitty to your other friends, and rarely does that mean you should disengage with either party if you're not directly or indirectly involved.

>>71448185
Yeah, basically. As I just more or less said: sometimes your friends are extremely shitty to one another, but you stay friends with both of them because it isn't really your business.

>> No.71455602

>>71454695
>>71455091
I don't disagree that Mumei may influence how others look at it, but even the most easy to get along with person has at least one or two people they just don't vibe with.

>> No.71455829

>>71453838
The more I see the fishman, the less interested I am in Phase as a whole. Phasefags make the company seem so damn unappealing with how hard they simp for it it's retarded

>> No.71456446

>>71443915
>This is truly the "kanokari-
Everyone reading this was already a cuck, that's why no one cared

>> No.71456541

>>71455195
It’s a fairly simple matter of the company not picking someone who would cause internal drama. The Elira thing with Kiara and Nerissa was because Pomu was there, so refer to what I said about Kiara not being interested after her friends left. I don’t think Mumei would begrudge Kiara one last collab with her friend before the graduation. It’s certainly more than she got to have. There’s also how much Mumei might have known at the time of that collab, since she and Selen would sometimes go months without talking to each other (from before debut to planning the Overwatch collab, from the birthday call-in to recording Onegai Muscle). She might not have even had the full story at the time.

>> No.71456991

>>71455829
AIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEE internet man hurting my feelingssss. Retard just close your eyes.

>> No.71457991

>>71455829
Yeah you're right, hololive comment sections are not jammed full of yagoo simping

>> No.71458642

>>71456541
I find it extremely unlikely Mumei didn't at least know what was going on with Selen/Doki during the time she was inactive. As soon as Mumei heard "hey your friend is in the hospital," given that they live close enough for them to be able to hang out and watch Twilight together, and given Mumei's inactivity around that time, it's pretty safe to assume she knew what was going on better than most, at the very least. I would think that the minute you find out your friend is in the hospital, you'd immediately attempt to reach out. We can safely also assume that the two are just busy people and can't normally interact as much as they'd like to. Given that they have a history pre-joining their respective companies, it'd be asinine to suggest that Mumei didn't immediately try and see if her friend was okay and learn what happened.

Nerissa probably didn't need to ask, since the day of the collab that would have had Selen, iirc, was the same day as the hospital tweet. Anything after that would likely be her assuming "Selen hasn't recovered" and maybe asking Mumei how Selen was doing.

You're assuming Kiara isn't at least on good terms with Elira. Yeah, she may not have really cared at the time because Pomu is her friend, and she was graduating soon, but that isn't really saying she doesn't care at all about NijiEN outside of the two friends who graduated.

Obviously, you and I are assuming things in different ways, and the whole thing is retarded. I don't think Mumei has as much sway overall as you're giving her credit either way.

>> No.71458996

>>71456991
Who said my feelings were hurt lmao I just think Phasefags are retards but sure let's pretend I'm offended lol

>>71457991
Oh, that's annoying too, but I'm used to that. Phasefags just chat my ear off about Phase, even though I don't do the same about any agency. The autism in the Phase fanbase is strong lmao

>> No.71459818

>>71458642
It’s a matter of when she was able to contact Doki, considering the hospitalization announcement was skinwalked, her friend might not have been allowed to access her phone yet. Mumei’s inactivity at the time was to focus on her own personal issues, there’s no reason to assume she automatically knew more because of that. You’re making a bunch of assumptions about Mumei that don’t really hold water. I think you’re vastly overestimating how much Kiara cares about NijiEN as a whole. Literally the only time she ever did anything with them that didn’t involve Pomu or Nina was hanging out with Rosemi in Italy. You’re definitely underestimating the level of trust the HoloEN girls have in each other as a whole.

>> No.71461677

>>71459818
My assumptions are no more solid than yours, to be fair. I would assume a friend you know IRL being hospitalized would catch your attention, even if you barely speak and have your own shit going on. Yeah, it's an assumption, but it's one based on the idea that Mumei cares about a friend she's known for a long time. It's not unreasonable for her to check her Twitter, see that her friend was hospitalized (skinwalked tweet or otherwise) and acted in response to that. It's not me saying this happened, I'm only saying it would make as much sense as you suggesting Mumei didn't have the details.

I'm not underestimating anything, because you can be friends with someone privately and not really do things with them in public in the VTuber space. I'm only saying we don't know the nature of Kiara's friendships with anyone in NijiEN besides Pomu and Nina beyond small anecdotes, so assuming she does or does not give a shit in a post-Nina and Pomu NijiEN is just speculation at best. A similar point can be raised about HoloEN's trust in one another: we can only assume a lot of it, because we only see the public facing side of it for the most part. I never once said I don't think that they trust each other a lot, I said "sometimes your friends are shitty to your other friends, and you can still be friends with both." Sure, Mumei could have gone about sharing what happened with the other girls, but can you really say, with confidence, that they would drop the assumed bullies because of Mumei's word alone? I'd be willing to bet you can't because unless you're privy to info the average person isn't, you can't say for sure. I get that Mumei's word would likely mean something, but to suggest that all of the other HoloEN girls would instantly drop Elira or anyone over it alone is a stretch imho

>> No.71463052

>>71461677
Your assumption is based on the idea that Mumei would be able to get answers immediately, nothing more. Acting in response to that doesn’t mean she’ll hear from Doki as soon as she asks.
Kiara’s an open book, if she was as close with the others as you’re saying, you’d have seen multiple bait threads about it because she would have talked about it. Not only are you underestimating how close HoloEN are with each other, you’re underestimating how much Kiara talks about everything and how much her antis are willing to turn literally anything she says into an attack vector.

>> No.71464379

>>71454695
>Mumei’s opinion on the NijiEN guys is irrelevant, even when nearly half the branch was talking to Tempus she wasn’t.
Well, I could see her suddenly contacting them if Vox made a move to join, but I don't see Yagoo even entertaining the idea, given the associated controversy, so I guess she's at least safe from that sort of work drama.

>> No.71465406

>>71463052
I think that Mumei would be in the best position to get answers sooner than most given her history with Doki prior to them joining their agencies. I also base that assumption on the fact that they live close enough to physically visit one another, so I think it's safe to assume Mumei would be one of the first people to find out what happened that isn't directly involved. I never once said that she'd get the answers immediately, just that she'd seek them out immediately, or if you prefer, as soon as possible.

Kiara being an open book doesn't immediately discredit the idea that she can be friends with people in a more casual capacity. I don't keep up with Kiara's every moment, and don't really give a shit about bait threads on here because it's just retarded people being retarded for attention. You're acting like the girls at HoloEN are only friends with people everyone likes, and that's ridiculous. Do I think they have each other's backs? Sure. I think they trust each other a lot, and will take what Mumei says seriously. But I also think suggesting they wouldn't at least attempt to hear out the other side of the story, given they have at least a professional relationship with them to an extent, is placing too much stock on their bond. This isn't to say they don't place that above the word of Elira and Co. (or whoever the fuck else was involved with bullying Selen), but I do think they'd at least attempt to hear out what they have to say if they were at all invested in their relationship with the alleged bullies. And even then, Mumei's word doesn't mean they can't be friends with people she doesn't like, no matter how much stock they place in said word. Relationships are more complicated than "my friend doesn't like you anymore cause of something you did, and I won't hear you out because I trust them more than you."

>> No.71471438

>>71422266
Oh no...

>> No.71473503
File: 2.97 MB, 522x640, pomu-rainpuff-funky.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

My iddle animation waiting for monday free fall.

>> No.71478755

>2 more days

>> No.71495160

>>71443449
>I can see them wanting guys like Kuzuha to boost Holostars
Kuzuha is fucking radioactive. Bringing him in would mean bringing rabid mentally ill fujo and yumejo along with him. The kind that harasses his collab partner most of the time, without fail. The type that harasses a liver just because Kuzuha lost a mahjong match to her, that's mental.

>> No.71495810

>>71443915
>Rikku will stay
God I fucking hope so, his stay will unironically ACCELERATE Niji's downfall since this fucking clueless retard doesn't know and doesn't want to invest and fix anything.

>> No.71496033

>>71443915
Kek accurate

>> No.71496947

>>71442117
Obviously its a joke, But i can only think of like... 5 talents in all of HoloJP that are worth saving, 0% chance he would want the fucking imp that harassed pekora, or any of the insane gooks leftover from NijiKR, There is also friction with Luna to consider in regards to who exactly is saving, and i doubt any of the Niji Males, ESPECIALLY kuzuha, want be demoted to homostars

>> No.71497178

>>71422266
i'd rather be a brony than a tranny

>> No.71503434

>>71420141
Holy fuck that stock price just plateaued. A lot of poor sods just lost hundreds of thousands of yen from this.

>> No.71503704
File: 8 KB, 638x271, 1710481023689574-1.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>71503434

>> No.71509710

>>71445512
Just enjoy the ride

>> No.71509714

>>71503704
kek, truly a magical new experience

>> No.71513020

>>71448636
You are poisoning the well, which is a common thing among narcissists. Many sister really have said no such things. Very few of them spend more than a little bit of time in this shithole.

>> No.71519385

>>71465406
“Best position” doesn’t mean instantaneous, and “as soon as possible” can be quite a while for someone who might not have access to their phone or computer for a bit. One visit doesn’t necessarily mean they live close to each other.
Just because you want to twist my words about HoloEN doesn’t mean you’re not seriously underestimating things on their end. You sound like someone taken in more by wishful thinking about the future prospects of people currently in. NijiEN than someone who knows what they’re talking about with HoloEN.

>> No.71521552

>>71420141
They can still turn this around

>> No.71524660

>>71521552
The only thing getting turned around is the barrel of the gun into Riku's mouth

>> No.71525639

>>71521552
They better pray they don't hit the floor on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. Otherwise the TSE will be on their ass as in they get a year to unfuck themselves or be delisted. But by that point they're in a death spiral. That's how close they are to the edge. 3 trading days

>> No.71529596

>>71424462
Then you know why Cover is insistent on investing on its 3D Mocap studio and their games project. You can reach 80% easily but grabbing the last 20% is always the most difficult.

>> No.71532304

>>71524660
>implying he isn't preparing his exit strategy already

>> No.71532887

>>71497178
BASED

BRONIES FOR LIFE

>> No.71539083
File: 145 KB, 612x572, Clownface mcClown.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>71420141
>We do not disclose growth rates, so I would like to refrain from sharing specific numbers
Riku is scared.

>> No.71545083

Hololive is NOT going to accept those shitty Niji chuubas besides maybe Pomu. Quit daydreaming.

>> No.71545814

>>71438013
Honestly, if we're talking about nijien, recasting them might not be as unpopular as it would be for any other corpo/branch.

>> No.71545988

>>71438013
>Craziest thing you might see is fans bidding on models to give them back to their oshis.
Time to crowdfund so we can hoard all the niji models and delete them from existence.

>> No.71547582

Also, reminder that they nuked VTA.

>> No.71547674

>>71420141

Why the fuck would you tell investors this? They might not really give a shit about the businesses they loot but the way he talks is that he is treating his business like a shitcoin

>> No.71548214

>>71440728
Monday is going to be the stock equivalent of
>GET MOM, ITS BAD

>> No.71548550

>>71521552
>here's how Niji still can win

>> No.71549009

>>71547582
don't they nuke it ever time a class finishes? or am i misremembering?

>> No.71549048

>>71521552
It'll take months if not more than a year to turn this back around.

>>71547582
What's going on doesn't quite make sense as someone that never really followed them. They say they're accepting applications but they nuked everything? Are their videos just unlisted/privated?

>> No.71551943

>>71440728
any idea just how much money did they lose ever since negligible termination?

>> No.71552320

>>71551943
Multiply the number of stock outstanding/that exists (63.16M) by stock price decrease (From ~3800 to 2400 = ~1600 yen). You come up with 101.06 billion yen or 678 million USD as a rough ballpark, and this is a higher number because I'm lazy and overestimated the stock price decrease. That is a lot of money though.

>> No.71552431

>>71552320
Scratch my post, it's late so my brain isn't working, I'm dumb. ~3800 - 2400 is 1400. So it's instead 88.42 billion yen or 593 million USD.

>> No.71553461
File: 427 KB, 708x398, file.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>all that free money for grifters when you're going down in flames
A fate worse than death.

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action