[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vt/ - Virtual Youtubers

View post   

File: 1.98 MB, 4000x3000, 20210217_235044.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
707877 No.707877 [Reply] [Original]

I was watching random videos on my TV...and then I got an ad for Kiara?
I think this is from the Valentine's stream but Idk the rest of the ad because the video stopped for some reason. It had English subs and Kiara was mentioning something (I think it was her knife?)

This is the first time I've seen a Hololive ad on YT, most of the time are random indie vtubers.

>> No.708552

There are people that don't use adblockers in this day and age?

I'm actually kind of curious what a vtuber ad even looks like

>> No.708621

>>708552
not that anon, I dont know how to use adblock with TV stream and mobile YT app

>> No.708759

could it have been a clipper trying to grow their channel?
Im not sure how legal that is but just what came to mind

>> No.708796

It doesn't surprise me. Kiara seems to be the only one in HoloEn that shills a lot. She's even commissioning somebody to choreograph for her first single. I don't know what to think about it though.

>> No.709373

>>707877
I don't think it is that unusual I have seen examples of people getting Hololive youtube ads both in Japan and overseas previously for the JP branch.

>> No.710434

>>708759
I actually thought it could be this. Also why add English subs when Kiara was talking in English?
I don't know if this is a helpful info to find a possible clipper using Kiara's image to promote his channel but the sub were in yellow

>>709373
I have never seen Hololive ads before except for gacha games on my phone (I remember one about Marine getting a rare unit on some game). I've been watching Hololive and vtubers in general since 2019, I just find weird how I didn't get a single hololive ad all this time

>> No.710741

>>710434
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWPQyCIKTtk
if you scroll back through this ones comments you can see lots of people saying they got it as an ad

>> No.711212

>>710434
same with this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxYGrvyT65E

>> No.711216

>>710741
ah I didnt know this, thanks for the info anon. Also based Korone, that's a really short video for an ad.

Then I guess it really was a Kiara ad? I was worried someone was using her image and she didn't know it

>> No.711317

It's not hard to get an ad on YT. Most likely a fan made the video and put it up, either because they actually wanted to advertise her or, more likely, because they thought it would be funny.

>> No.711725

>>709373
I’ve gotten YT ads for holofes about two days prior the event. Thought it was a good move for them.

>> No.711774

>>711216
could just be like others have said someone who likes her promoting her, kind of hard to tell

>> No.711823

>>708621
>mobile youtube app
At least use brave browser. There are also dedicated no ad youtube apps even on the play store

>> No.712105

I checked the stream to see if I could recognize what she was talking about on the ad.
I think it started when Kiara said "did you guys realize something?" and then she said she was left-handed which means she's a creative person like Vinci (min 27)

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action