[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vt/ - Virtual Youtubers

View post   

File: 33 KB, 968x289, 1691313131628438.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
68923930 No.68923930 [Reply] [Original]

why though? I thought nijibad arrow down means hologood arrow up?

>> No.68924022

Investors are fickle, they see Anycolor stocks go down and think the same is going to happen to Cover so they sell.

>> No.68924263

>>68924022
to be fair if your stock price can drop because a girl is having a meltie then that's not a very safe investment
seeing vtubers as an emerging tech/entertainment industry might sound good but if you see the "risk: a women might get hysterical" then you quickly reconsider your investments

>> No.68924327

>>68923930
The stock market is gay and retarded

>> No.68924349

Their latest report doubled down on pushing holostars and holoearth, two very costly and failing projects, and not enough on their actually thriving branch (hololive) so people think cover is going to stagnate in the near future.
They are of course entirely wrong about that, but that's how it goes.

>> No.68924416

hmm maybe I will buy the heckin epic dip

>> No.68924444

Everything in the market is pure speculation even the most random shit can affect it

>> No.68924534

>>68924263
investors are parasites

>> No.68924599 [DELETED] 

>>68923930
They saw somewhere saying these stocks good investment so brought in plus the other similar stock as well, shit goes soul and they think the other would tank too and start selling, most investors probably don't even know wtf is a vtuber, let alone vtuber drama.

>> No.68924694

It doesn't matter if Niji is just comically inept/evil and out of the norm for vtuber corps, westerners and normalfags will blame japan and corps as a whole regardless.
That's why Holo and Holofags and even the Hololive EN talents themselves should worry about NijiEN imploding, a receding tide sinks all ships. Or rather, there's only one boat that everyone is sitting in, and wishing for holes on the other side of the ship doesn't improve anything for vtubing. Vtubers are basically all in it together but tribalism and bad apples like anikara have made that a difficult reality to see.
The peanut gallery will blame shit like "idol culture" and "japanese corporate culture" or say that's just how the japanese are and that'll harm corps like Cover even if they do things way better comparatively. They won't see Niji vs Holo, they won't consider the nuance or difference; all they see are japanese corps and a foreign subculture and they'll lump them in together.

>> No.68924950
File: 25 KB, 437x437, logo.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>68924694
>be a small corpo trying to do idolshit in this environment
If the mentality really does swing against all jap corpos merely because of niji's fuckups and it hurts my oshi I will never forgive those bastards

>> No.68925090
File: 153 KB, 661x876, 1697632951303595.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>68924349
has the "thriving branch" been growing at all though? for the last year at least I haven't noticed any change, they're just milking and passing the same number of fans around, who are gradually dwindling because burnout is starting to catch up to most of the vtubers who are streaming less and less as time goes on, like they have so many people and not a single one is streaming right now, from the company's pov I understand their efforts in trying to expand into new areas but at the same time I don't see how throwing money at it will do anything

>> No.68925262

>>68924349
Enjoy your dip purchase, then, anon.

>> No.68925328

>>68924694
what's even more important imo is that this gives a convenient exit point for a lot of people who started watching vtubers as a fad a year or two ago but already got fucking bored with it, they were already looking for a way to get out of an old lame fad but would've just stayed around because of sunk cost without a dramatic event that lets them scatter

>> No.68925355

>>68923930
For me this is a good thing. Buy the dip. Will rise after holofes

>> No.68925534

>>68925355
I don't see how a fanservice event will do anything to the stocks, financial reports and the perception of vtuber companies is what investors look at

>> No.68925850

>>68925090
While you are right that the vtuber market is getting kind of saturated, I still think pushing for more hololive-adjacent products would be a sound business strategy given how their perception as a business partner is rising in both their home market and globally, driving revenue up. It is an established brand by now and thus even things like holoKR or holoES sound like better uses of money than trying to expand into the male streamer market which is as saturated as the female one but they have no real foothold in, let alone a survival crafting video game "metaverse" of all things.
Expand your business, but don't try to sell me cars if you're running a bakery, essentially. I'm still buying the dip because I don't see hololive as stagnant due to the aforementioned business partnerships and brand maturity, but I do hope they try expansion avenues outside of holostars and holoearth.

>> No.68926230

>>68925850
the vtuber market has been saturated for a long time, more importantly the amount of skin that you can get off the backs of hololive fans has reached it's limit, selling more goods, begging for more superchats, or introducing yet another type of membership isn't gonna improve profits, ultimately this is a fad that targeted millenial male otaku who are dwindling in numbers, it's a subculture of a certain generation which has reached it's limit, there's nowhere else to grow, try to attract younger generations with going on tiktok? that has failed every time, try to attract older generations? somehow? by doing what? posting memes on facebook? the only reasonable option is expanding into the female millenial otaku market which cover has been trying for years and never succeeded, they were hoping that they could ride luxiem's wave but now that fizzled out too

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action