[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vt/ - Virtual Youtubers

View post   

File: 915 KB, 736x742, 16318586010.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
64867347 No.64867347 [Reply] [Original]

Does she really deserve to be the top Vtuber or is she getting carried by her past and her fans are excusing her because of those times when she actually cared instead of focusing on her future?

>> No.64868146

Most vtuber popularity is created through very "superficial" qualities, just having a good voice is 90% of the way. Just look at how Kronii and Mumei were instantly the most popular in Council despite plenty of self-sabotage.

And thus it's no coincidence that every 2nd chumbuds rambles something along the lines of "gura has the best voice in the history of mankind, i am dead serious btw"

>> No.64868297

>>64867347
the top vtuber is ironmouse. gura just has the best fans.

>> No.64868384

>>64867347
Hello /pw/ how are you today

>> No.64868747

>>64867347
>Does she really deserve to be the top (EN) Vtuber?
Imo, no. It's been years since her debut, the VTuber hype has already died down and I still don't get her appeal. Gaming skills? There are better gamers out there (not many though). Sense of humour? There are better comedians out there. Dank memes and pop culture references? Maybe, but I'm not interested in watching a one-line meme spitting dispenser. Singing? There are far better singers out there. Model? No way, it looks like a fish-toddler puppet.

I'll probably never understand the reason of her popularity, but I've already come to terms with that.

>Is she getting carried by her past?
It kinda gave her a boost in the beginning, but the gas tank burned out a while ago.

>Her fans are excusing her because of those times when she actually cared instead of focusing on her future?
Some of the most hardcore chumbuds still do. I think most chumbuds are already accepting the fact that their devotion is being wasted on someone who doesn't give them back even if all her fame and success came to be because of them.

I believe the person who portrays Gura is getting too confident because of her success and still hasn't realized she might lose the reason of said success if she keeps being radio silent and not streaming at the same rate a high-profile streamer should stream in order to keep the fanbase.

>> No.64869606

>>64867347
Not anymore she doesn't. but she did deserve it when she actually streamed.

>> No.64869752

No one is deserving of anything. If not Gura, it was going to be someone else. Chance and circumstance trump all.
Popularity is not a metric of quality. Never has been and never will be. That being said, Gura isn't a mediocre talent at all. She's just extremely lazy and can't handle the pressure of being the most subbed vtuber in the world.

>> No.64870170

She's always been pretty boring so not really.

>> No.64876088

maybe

>> No.64876269

>>64867347
She's not even the top vtuber

>> No.64879800

>>64867347
That's the best fuckkng image I've seen in my entire goddamnd life

>>
Name
Subject
Comment