[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vt/ - Virtual Youtubers

View post   

File: 140 KB, 242x311, 11.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6347071 No.6347071 [Reply] [Original]

Have anyone noticed that HoloJp's viewership is increasing at an alarming rate while HoloEn's shrinking? Now it's normal for HoloJp to draw in 100k viewers at random collab streams and all the members with at least 1 million subs can easily push north of 20k while Gura's lucky to even push a little over 10k nowadays... What happened?
Also pretty much everyone straight up ignore English comments now except for Nene, probably cus she's desperate for more viewers, and Subaru... Anyway, did all those collabs with Giggcuck killed HoloEn? Or is it the clear disinterest they all have for streaming? Only Kiara seem to care yet she's the one losing viewers the fastest.

>> No.6347310
File: 306 KB, 2048x1945, 1623293007686.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

As a burger, I know that tourism into any trend is what westerners do best. It had a short explosion in popularity, and then people forgot about it. JP has always had a more loyal fanbase.

Also be nice to Nene, she just loves all of her husbands equally and that's it

>> No.6347836

EN was more like a fad, there is simply too much other entertainment sources available in the west for vtubers to compete on a permanent basis.
Take Gura's gigacasual normalfag zoomer fanbase who doesn't even watch the rest of Hololive, for example. Every time some new FOTM hype comes along, more people will jump off the shark train.

There is also the thing about "casual watchers". Even among the people who like vtubers a large portion of them only watches casually. This especially affects the amerimutts Gura and Ame. Look how insanely hard their viewership fluctuates depending on what they play.

>> No.6347892

>>6347071
No

>> No.6347921

>>6347071
Well yeah, EN sucks. I will be japanese.

>> No.6348179

>>6347071
>Gura's lucky to even push a little over 10k nowadays
Now I know you're just talking out of your ass.

>> No.6349340

>>6347836
I don't watch live because I'm not a simp, and I don't watch content that doesn't interest me. Instead, I shitpost here in hopes of elevating the vtuber scene with constructive criticism. Many such cases. Happens all the time. But if they want to stay the course and play roulette with their numbers, that's on them.

>> No.6353559

>>6347071
>Gura lucky to push 10k

>> No.6353653

>>6347071
i don't want EN become too popular anyway, at this point i just watch but i no longer actively trying to promote them or donating to them or even liking their stream because i don't want them getting any bigger, it just going to attract anituber, political activist, eceleb and the like into this hobby. where they are is perfect for me, in fact i want them to recline slightly more.

>> No.6358942

None of those things are true. Gura gets 20k live viewers at minimum, but most people don't watch live for any vtuber. Go look through her archive and you'll see that most of her videos range from 500k-1m views total, which is great. And none of the ones on the JP side are abandoning English fans, just today Miko has an English only stream.

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action