[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vt/ - Virtual Youtubers

View post   

File: 45 KB, 500x500, Reclining Face.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR] No.6289097 [Reply] [Original]

>First original song is in Japanese instead of English, which her normalfag clip-watching fanbase can't understand and cuts down replay value/potential sales

>Stop doing SC readings for a while only to start doing it again when Chicken humiliated her on stream. When she was at her peak popularity, this made people not want to SC her (Also the fact that her high sub count made them assume she was rich and didn't need SCs) As a result Gura can't ever out-earn her genmates, let alone the JPs.

>Never collab with any of the JPs when she was popular even though she could as evidenced by the Nacho collab. Language barrier was never the problem, other Holos have confirmed she ghosts them or is outright just too lazy. A collab with her and Korone doing her first month would have been huge, now the shark can't even get 30k viewers on a stream. More people watch Marine streams, Pekora streams, Kuzuha streams, etc. than Gura. She also made it worse by streaming at 9PM now, her usual timeslot was bad enough for the kiddies and people who have to get up early for work.

>"Because she's uncomfortable and wants lower numbers"
Except her chat didn't get better at all now that she's only getting a pitiful amount of viewers each stream compared to her first month, in fact it's the same even with her members chat. And if she didn't want a big audience she wouldn't have joined Hololive in the first place so this is a weak excuse.

>> No.6289151

>personal preference
>she doesn't care about hololive
>she doesn't care about hololive
There's your reasons

>> No.6289259

>>6289151
FPBP. /thread

>> No.6289284

>>6289097
> "other Holos have confirmed she ghosts them or is outright just too lazy"

who?

>> No.6289340

>>6289097
Get better bait. You cot have had a convincing argument if you weren't just speaking out of your ass about a vtuber you never watch.
Go back to being a false flagging numberfag that's easier bait

>> No.6289545

>>6289097
I swear this exact same fucking thread gets post every single fucking day.
Why isn't an automatic ban for spamming at this point?

>> No.6289556

>>6289284
ENs in general have confirmed she's almost always offline in their discord, and Kiara and Ina specifically have mentioned being ghosted. Kiara in particular had an egregious example where Gura talked about wanting to do a Monster Hunter collab with Kiara on stream and then ghosted Kiara when she brought it up in DMs.

>> No.6289609

>>6289097
Oh nonono anti bros we are running out of materials to shit on Gura.
Can we bring up some creative bait?

>> No.6289640

>>6289097
If you watched a few of her videos like I have (the past few weeks watched like 2 or 3) you'd know the following is false:

>Song is in JP instead of English
yeah it has Japanese in a Japanese company's song. I'm shocked. Also, there are English translations in the song for all languages used to make the song (I think 3). Your "I think this might be bad maybe sorta but like A LOT I FEEL THIS WAY A LOT" isn't really that good. It's kinda a "source: trust me dude." Plus she's at like 5 or 6 million views on it and makes money from people buying a copy, I'm sure she's fine with the result.

>doesn't read enough chats now she doesn't have enough chats
she reads them now, at around 2 hours at a time. For me, personally, I like watching her play the game, not read SMS (SimpMessageService).

>collabs
I agree, there should be more collabs between her and JP. But, she also cannot speak Japanese very well to at all, this is evidenced by her talking with Nacho. It seems like you didn't watch the stream of them playing Mario Kart, because they were mostly dead air, whereas with ID/JP who speak english, etc., she has near-zero dead air like with her EN collabs. Still, I agree, she should have collaborated more with others for my (and your?) taste, but maybe she just doesn't want to/would be contrary to a proper delivery.

>pitiful viewers
I know you're about to pull out the "but I MADE A GOAL POST YOU BETTER RESPECT MY QUALIFIER" but it's a bullshit goalpost. She has a ridiculously fast chat and she responds to them fairly well.

I actually think she's getting close to being like how she was in her past with drinking too much, I'm concerned she was drunk the last couple of playthroughs of DBD I watched, but not as a shtick.

I dunno man your criticism isn't balanced, kinda tells me you're just mad at shark because of CIC (Chicken/Cuckqueen Inferiority Complex).

>> No.6289645

Every claim of self-debuff is completely negated by being literally the biggest one out there.

Maybe she understands her business better than you freaks?

>> No.6289753

>>6289556
Yes I can confirm it I am in that discord too. Gura always called Ame and Kiara a fucking leech and tell them to fuck off.

>> No.6289816

She does it specifically to make you seethe.

>> No.6289866

>>6289097
>>debuff herself
>Plays FOTM.
>Plays horror games.
>Clickbait titles.
>Memes spouting.
>Sexual/fetish innuendos.
>Chuuni song referencing her past self.
Seriously?

>> No.6289873

>>6289097
>First original song is in Japanese instead of English, which her normalfag clip-watching fanbase can't understand and cuts down replay value/potential sales
Yes, it makes total sense to blame the talent for a decision that was likely beyond her control.
Retard.

>> No.6289880

>>6289097
Subconscious detriment. She knows she can't handle the stress of being the top dog.

>> No.6289913

>>6289097
Why the fuck are you all concerned about her getting bigger and bigger?
Pretty sure she has enough money to buy whatever she wants and the popularity argument is stupid as fuck because you want to be popular because either 1. you need to feed your ego or 2. to make more money. Even is she needs her ego to be fed, she has a large enough audience to do that for her and 2. she has more than enough money.

She literally seems to be cruising along and fucking about doing whatever she wants within the confines of her contract.

>> No.6290030

>A collab with her and Korone doing her first month would have been huge
Retard doesn't even watch hololive, never mind gura. Go back to whatever shithole you came from.

>> No.6291021

>>6289097
>It's lonely at the top
>Extra pressure being #1
>Is afraid to make other jealous

>> No.6291328

https://streamable.com/ek5sl2

>> No.6291350

What kind of weebs want to listen to J-pop in English?

Absolutely disgusting.

>> No.6291354

>>6289873
In her Reflect Talk stream, she mentioned how even her manager was confused when she told her what song she wanted to make. Clearly it was her choice to make it Japanese

>> No.6291458

>>6289753
based.

>> No.6291574

>>6289097
>Plays for one hour
>Proceeds to read SC/talk only for 3 hours
miss me with that gay shit, glad i dropped this meme bandwagoner

>> No.6291615

>>6289640
I don't watch her DBD streams but what gives you the impression she's drinking again?

>> No.6291656

>>6289151
FPBP

>> No.6291668

>>6291615
the voices in his head

>> No.6291777

>>6289097
Gura unironically has too many subs for comfortable career
A LOT of people say that with bigger audience comes more problems, drama, have to be more family friendly to please as many as you want, etc
She'd have enough money for comfortable living with twice less subs

>> No.6292508

>>6289097
I don't think there's a single vtuber in existence that debuffs herself as hard as Korone. The mutt exclusively streams games nobody wants to watch to the point that it gives me the impression that she's just a tryhard contrarian. There's even a thread a while back pointing out how she's absent in all of hololive mass-gatherings. I'm shocked that she's still the most subbed JP with how boring her streams can get. Dogfags must've been the most miserable bunch, being cucked from good streams.

>> No.6292584

>>6289556
Aw fuck, being offline in discord? Fucking heinous. Not like you can, you know, fucking call someone when you need to talk to them, like a reasonable human being.

>> No.6292795

>I'm worried about guras drinking
THE NEVERENDING RRAT
B-but she used to have a problem!
No. Through this board I know the names and real faces of chuubas and fucktons of actual info on their lives, bit there is 0.00% evidence that she ever drank heavily and regularly.
I'm saying this as as an alcoholic.

>> No.6292888

>>6292795
gura, there is no point defending yourself here. Just leave /vt/ and have fun with your streams

>> No.6292889
File: 126 KB, 1000x1000, 1607178426213.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

I don't care. I love her.
Success is relative, being happy is more important.

>> No.6292990

>>6292888
if i was the same gaki I'd play better games bro

>> No.6293137

>>6292508
Such as what? I tried to catch her SaGa Frontier streams when ever I could. Short form games are also great as well. Korone hits a different itch that other holos don't.

>> No.6293269
File: 4 KB, 149x75, 1625783801120.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>>6289097
>pitiful amount of viewers each stream
VOD views are still above 500k average, with plenty of 800k+ ones lately, and if youre speaking about live viewers, I'd like to bring to attention to a poll in Ina's chat yesterday that gives us more evidence to the adblock livecount rrat. Poll was up for ~6 minutes and votes are tied to a YT account so you cant spam votes. Combined with waiting room evidence and the december nerf which was discussed in yesterdays number thread, I'd like to put EN's livecount concernfagging to bed

>> No.6293773

>>6293269
>the youtube bug schizo meme
Ah, classic. But then how does Pekora still get 70k on game streams while Gura with 3 million subs can't break 30k?

>> No.6293915

and don't forget she NEVER post her schedule on the youtube community

>> No.6294037

>>6293773
>ignore evidence right in front of you
all viewers in one time zone, japs dont use ad block, eops are less inclined to watch live, you didnt even look at yesterdays numberfag thread as my post stated which lays out the evidence we have toward ENs being adversely affected by changes to how counts work. we really dont need to relitigate these points every thread, Peko's 30-40k live viewer base (70k my ass) is still probably higher than Guras live counts with these nerfs in effect. Can't argue about the VOD numbers though which reinforces the simple fact that Gura's numbers are not pitiful and are in fact among the companies best (higher than the rabbit)

>> No.6294174

>>6294037
>all viewers in one time zone
Post proof of this.
>japs don't use ad block
Post proof of this.

You're just spewing bullshit with no credible source

>> No.6294318

>>6294174
you want me to dig up analytics that show the majority of peko's live viewers are in Japan? cmon anon, dont be obtuse. we can even go ahead and say live viewers are 100% accurate (not true as evidence by that vote pic I posted that youre still ignoring) and gura still gets more total views per video on average than pekora. thems the bricks chief, but really peko vs gura doesnt matter, my point is that gura gets good numbers and this post is retarded

>> No.6294319

>>6291777
There is a reason streamers like Sodapoppin intentionally lower their view count when it gets too high. It makes streaming less enjoyable and you get a lot of the toxic viewers and normies who try to dictate how to stream.

>> No.6294412

>>6294318
>Didn't post any proof
I'll give you one last chance. Post proof of the two things I asked for. Because there's literally no evidence for either. You're generalizing/assuming and theorizing. Unless there's a tracker that specifies how many viewers are using adblock on each specific stream and are therefore not being counted, it's just a schizo rrat. Also timezone shits has already been debunked because Gura has streamed earlier and still got shit viewership. She's also streamed much later than her usual time and still got shit viewership.

>> No.6294441

>>6294174
you aren't paying attention to the thread.

>>6293269
ina posts a poll; during a stream, in <5 minutes 25% more people have voted on the pole then what youtube claims is watching her stream. How is that possible unless adblock actually affects live view numbers (maybe VOD numbers as well)? So we have material proof people (we assume are running adblock) aren't being counted, a significant number of people (12k watching live, 15k voting == 25% undercount min, and we know interaction is usually much lower numbers then 100%, meaning a hell of a lot more people are being undercounted then 25%) it unknown how this affects VOD numbers, as there is no metric for those we can use.

>prove pekora's audience is Japanese
a rabbit who streams almost entirely in japanese, who does not speak english, and who has almost no english only comments in her chat? I'd say it's pretty obvious she's streaming entirely to an asian audience live. That's not claiming pekora has a japanese only fanbase, a lot of non-jap speakers love her, they just watch translations which usually don't help her metrics at all (same happens for gura only in other languages)

>> No.6294537

>>6289097
Because she is a huge weeb

Just watch her roommate at youtube she is always travelling to japan

>> No.6294714

>>6294412
youre right in that adblock may not be the reason, that is just the theory behind what is causing the nerf, because the nerf is measurably there. And idk what youre on about when it comes to timezone rrat, guras streams at her absolute primetime, but that isnt representative of her entire international audience, many of which are asleep when she streams. streaming earlier doesnt change this. pekos japanese audience is almost always awake during her streams, and if you want proof about her demographics aside from her jap only language streams, do your number archive reps

>> No.6294832

HoloEN gen2 will be the last straw which breaks the camel's back
Kizuna AI no.2

>> No.6294835
File: 35 KB, 720x557, IMG_20210709_101144.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

lazy baby

>> No.6294919
File: 220 KB, 550x532, apex predator.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>>6289097
>3 million subs
>50k members across multiple tiers
>biggest vtuber on earth
It is only natural anons sperg out like this. The weak, after all, should fear the strong.

>> No.6294997

>>6293269
Couldn’t the poll’s numbers still count people who have voted but left the stream? Or as soon as someone who voted leaves the vote is taken off?

>> No.6295215

>>6294997
no, it wont take them off, but this poll was up for like 6 min and its unrealistic to assume that much turnover in such a narrow window. people rotating in wouldnt even know a vote was going on. voting being above 50% of viewers is unheard of amounts of interaction is something to consider as well. additionally, I want to say previous numbers suggests ina has an above average viewer retention out of the takodachis she has at a cost of less total live viewers, but I dont want to include that as a data factor without confirmation

>> No.6295812
File: 85 KB, 202x258, blow it out your blowhole, bitch.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>>6292584
>call
Boomer alert.

>> No.6296082

>>6294412
>Also timezone shits has already been debunked because Gura has streamed earlier and still got shit viewership
Are you sure you understand how timezone and global fanbase work?

>> No.6296486

>>6294319
>intentionally lower their view count when it gets too high
Huh?

>> No.6296572

>>6296486
they just wanted a reason to mention sopapoppin in a thread trying to shit on shark, pls undastand

>> No.6296621

>>6294537
Can somebody explain the roommate thing? im new to vtubing

>> No.6296658
File: 9 KB, 309x223, aaaa.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

At last, IRyS is here to feed our hungry ears. I'm ditching Gura if IRyS sings better. I'd rather support a professional member.

I'm tired with all those feet shit

>> No.6296729

>>6289097
and despite all of that she's still more relevant than your oshi
keep seething
All fields

>> No.6296764

>>6289097
She's a closet weeb turned superstar. please understand

>> No.6298907

>>6296621
>https://streamable.com/ek5sl2
roomate = VTuber real-life persona.

(also, fuck this capcha)

>> No.6300303

>>6294537
Which roommate is always travelling to japan?

>> No.6301981

>>6289097
>even though she could as evidenced by the Nacho collab
Gura's a lazy slacker, but this one point has already been proven wrong by probably true kana rrats. Recap: Kana got ghosted by nacho after leaving tsunderia, implying nacho is a gold digging bitch. Said bitch has industry connections and is the artist for the most popular chuba Hololive's ever had. She doesn't fuck with donut so as to not shit where people speak her language. Her other agency character presumably involves a contract, and ghosting an agency plays far less well with other agencies than ghosting an indie. And to top it all off, she supposedly pushed for vtubers to use a shitty rigger instead of decent, more reliable ones. There was talk of deadlines and what not, but obviously the rigger shouldn't have taken the jobs if he couldn't get the rigs done on time.

Tldr Nacho most likely pulled strings to force an awkward gura collab with a Holo who doesn't even speak japanese just so she could shamelessly self promote her own vtubing persona. This is why we hate nacho now, because she's dropping grains of sand and revealing herself to be a scumbag.

The nacho collab doesn't disprove management fucking with Gura's ability to collab. In fact, it actually lends credibility to the rrat that her manager is sabotaging her by trying to keep her relatively isolated. This may not be true. In fact, it might be the opposite of the truth. We all knew gura has no respect for procedure after she pulled rank and got Ame into hololive through nepotism. Not the first time it happened in hololive, but everuone loves Korone and Okayu didn't then proceed to earn a reputation for being lazy, antisocialor antagonistic towards her own fanbase. So until we have circumstantial proof, we can't say either way who's most at fault for Gura's missteps.

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action