[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vt/ - Virtual Youtubers

View post   

File: 94 KB, 1248x322, 1670131047589301.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
60103655 No.60103655 [Reply] [Original]

In your heart of hearts, do you think vtubing is now in its decline phase, never to become as popular as it was back then, or at least will just stay stable forever? Or do you honestly believe, even expect, that another big boom will happen again for the industry?

>> No.60103794

>>60103655
It’s another variety of entertainment
It will continue to exist into the future and have ebbs and flows like other forms of entertainment do
Also link the video where you got that comment

>> No.60104271

>>60103655
To be honest if ReGloss was launched under Hololive 7gen instead of the new project DEV_IS gen 1 IMO they would have more success

>> No.60105414

>>60103655
Overall industry decline with:
Niji shooting their livers twice,
Holo breaking their talents' legs,
Vshojo jumping out the window.

>> No.60105590

>>60103655
Rather than decline, I think vtubing as an entertainment industry is consolidating as we speak where normalfags are leaving for quite a while already and that's a good sign

>> No.60105764

>>60103794
garzen's channel that translates holoen clips for JOPs. it's the latest kiara one

>> No.60106029

>>60103655
In Japan it objectively is still inclining all around. In the West, dunno, there are few sudden inclines but Filian does exist. I'd say more like the decline in the West is a natural consequence of a year+ spell of both holoEn and nijiEN sucking in some aspects and people just naturally getting bored and disinterested or disenfranchised with them and either drifting away from interest in vtubers or going to small corpos/indies. Advent being at least mostly what an ideal gen would look like and maintaining good numbers, along with the CGDCT girls of Councilrys going strong still while the homoenablers seem to inevitably and slowly decline no matter how hard or not (aka whether they're kronii/ame or mori) they try, shows what is fucking painfully obvious this entire time in that normalfag Westerners don't know what the fuck they're doing here and advice from them should NEVER be taken on how to run Hololive, they don't themselves fucking understand why they actually-like it.

HoloEN started seriously sucking approx. when Sana graduated and Tempus also came into the scene. Tempus itself was more like a secondary cause revealing which girls in HoloEN always were ready to gleefully backstab the overwhelmingly non-male JP meta as soon as they got the chance, they'd have done that whenever anything gave them the chance really it didn't have to just be Tempus. NijiEN started sucking when they started to get consequences from their insistence on spamming co-ed everything, as it turned out like half+ their audience (if not more) were in fact gachikoi after all and just were too chickenshit to say so and/or the girls always were ready to gleefully take a shit on anyone speaking up whether they be Enna or Vox. That whole branch has sunk considerably, I dunno if the majority of it are 3views these days but that seems approximately-accurate.

>> No.60106161

>>60106029
Woow anon that was very cool. Now say it again in 10 words or less please. I ain't reading that shit.

>> No.60106252

>>60106161
your faggot adhd brain being unable to read more than a sentence isn't my problem.

>> No.60106330

>>60105414
Also Shoto and Luxiem (got) disowned (by) the Chinese fans.

>> No.60106417

In your heart of hearts do you think we'll ever stop seeing these threads

>> No.60106680

>>60103655
For the west, yes it's past it's prime. There are so many vtubers now. It's not a fresh gimmick anymore. If it ever "booms" again it'll be because an individual one blows up in popularity for whatever reason. An unironic "gura killer."

>> No.60106809

>>60106161
I would resume it for you: all is the homos' fault.

>> No.60106829

>>60106680
no? of course not.
every single media and interest board discusses trends, why would you expect it to be different?

>> No.60106901

>>60106829
meant for >>60106417

>> No.60107217

>>60106330
NijiEN:
-tell unicorns to fuck off with a bunch of male-female off-collabs.
-tell fujos to fuck off by cucking them while doing fujo bait.
-tell normies to fuck off with endless company dramas.
Wonder why they declined so hard.

>> No.60107265

>>60103655
Nerd shit in general is on a decline in the west, thankfully. The remaining people will be the diehard audience that will continue to spend their money on this stuff. And then it will become good and kino content again, restarting the cycle. That I'd of course if the retards rhat love to invade hobbies and destroy them from the inside out are gatekept.

>> No.60107266

>>60105414
Vshojo's in a position where they can continue feasting on NijiEN's dying body at least.

>> No.60107325

I still don't get the point of marketing ReGloss as a separate hololove branch, then they go and do exactly the same shit regular holos do.

>> No.60107628

>>60107325
HoloEN is doing well? make them wait 2 years and debut males.
HoloJP is doing well? Make ReGloss instead of JP7, state they are not idols and force them and Holostars to interact on twitter.

>> No.60107751

>>60106829
If the thread was made in good faith (it wasn't) it's a brutally boring topic and there's nothing insightful to be said

>> No.60108272

>>60103655
Everyone knows that the vtubing "boom" started when Gura said "a" and ended two weeks later when people stopped getting the "a" clip recommend to them.
I would say "a second boom could happen when they get hyper crazy models" but Code Miko is already operating 20 years in the future and no one cares. Also, with every passing month more vtubers are including more irl aspects in their stream. I even watched a real life streamer for the first time in a decade the other day and was actually like "hey... I can actually see their face a feel the emotions they're expressing..." then I go back to a vtuber that is always ":D" and it's just not good enough.

>> No.60108443
File: 292 KB, 1920x1080, 1625615357102.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>60103655
I can 100% promise you that there will be another boom period. I don't know when and I don't how, but vtubing is in it's infancy. Consider this:

There are still too many markets not explored yet. People are finding new ones all the time, like V-Dere being a talent-lead group. Hell, even something like AkioAir's 'country club' approach has potential if it's not run by a autistic chink. Look how the Europeans shit up the board begging for a significant vtuber presence in their timezone (something Holo appears to have abandoned completely). Meanwhile there are many countries where vtubers are successful (usual asian) that have yet to provide their own agencies.

The point is a true declining industry also suffers from lack of demand. Your very thread is proof against this. People here moan all the time about the various failures and drawbacks of differing approaches and groups, but that's a sign of hunger and needs not being met - not of decline and certainly not of overssaturation as some have claimed (a bunch of talentless twitterfags thinking vtubing is an easy pass isn't saturating anything, they're as much vtubers as a person drawing a stickman is a professional artist). The truth is a ssuccessful vtuber (let along an idol) is a remarkably difficult thing to pin down and the western market in particular struggles with it. Hololive are the only ones who have it even partially down to an effective pattern and even they can't solve the male vtuber problem (which yes is a market that will prove successful once the right people and circumstances align). And yes I know Nijisanji has successful males but only for either horny content (which isn't sustainable) or for their game-playing skills (where the vtuber aspect is incidental - niether of these are true fulfillments of the male vtuber market need).What we're seeing here is the sausage getting made: Many failures go into every success. I suspect for Hololive rather than finding it harder to find talent, I suspect that they are simply having the problem every industry has beyond a certain size: Dividing noise from signal. We'll see how that plays out for them. Western vtubing appears to be on the decline, because very few seem to 'get' it and those who aren't being recruited (or they end in a rut like Kawaii who end up in a rut (in their case because their girls are nice but lack the additional talent to make awe-inspiring.). Meanwhile, with the complete decimation of Myth (which yes - does have a negative iimpact on Hololive and vtubing as a whole), what we're seeing is a failure of supply to meet demand.

Demand exist and somebody will find a way to market. It's just a matter of time.

>> No.60108492

>>60107751
literally how is this thread not made in good faith? the question is straightforward and doesn't cast aspersions on anything or anyone, and the pic is just some randos opinion

>> No.60108647

>>60103655
Unironically, now that Hololive is jumping into male collabs, the main cause of their GRIM post Hololive Fantasy, they are into a position to be .Live'd.
Hololive was built into the misery and fall of .Live, and will die the same way. A room for a big unicorn friendly corpo in Japan is available.

>> No.60108652

The only reason there was ever an EN market to begin with was because of COVID. Not only are we getting bored for it, but so are the streamers themselves.

>> No.60108714

It has enormous cultural relevance in Japan while still being young and janky as fuck, especially when it comes to 3D. Imagine vtubing where people have animated film level detail and movement and a greater ability to interact their environment and others on screen.

>> No.60108759

no way is any medium of entertainment going to be booming as hard as they were when the Wu Flu had everyone locked up at home
things are just normalizing, and vtubers are just going to be streamers with a gimmick instead of this big new thing

>> No.60108916

it's in decline phase but it won't disappear, that's it

>> No.60109339

This is all Mori's fault! How? Well, this one time I was walking down the street and I saw her kick a puppy. No it wasn't some black dude wearing a pink wig it was definitely her.

>> No.60109970

All I have to say about this is that the anime/manga recession in the west was very long and bleak and while there are a lot of bitter fans on this site specifically about the most recent wave of popularity of anime, most or perhaps nearly all of your favorite vtubers wouldn't exist without it.
And I don't think what even (western) vtubing will go through will ever be as bad as that, honestly.

>> No.60110075

dont care, im still watching my oshi

>> No.60110222

Regloss numbers don't mean much because youtube is retarded. Ririka got culled 4 times.

>> No.60110469

>>60106161
Jesus fucking christ. You fucking zoomers with no reading comprehension who literacy shame are apoplecticly projecting your own ignorance. Stop blaming the the rest of world for you being fucking stupid. It's already old.

>> No.60110744

>>60103655
Yes and totally deserved.
Vtubers have always struggled to find a niche that nakes actual engaging content.
They feel they're special and unique being "virtual" but in the end they're basically very mediocre streamers putting out mediocre utaite covers here and there, doing absolutely nothing to distinguish themselves outside showing a gimmicky talking anime puppet on screen.

The most successful ones are those honest to themselves about the type of content creator they actually are, be it streamer singer or artist, and they strive to be just as competitive as other non-virtual creators in those same niches.
At that point, they are streamers/singers/artists who happen to have virtual avatars, rather than ""vtubers"" who try streaming/singing/drawing, often all at once.

>> No.60110800

>>60106161
brain hurty when see many word

>> No.60110817

>>60103655
Yes because work from home is dead in a lot of industries.
Luckily not mine but still

>> No.60111090

>>60103655
Nothing will last forever but I don't think Vtubing will see a heavy decline in the next years.
Maybe once you can get a real-ish AI friend / partner things will be different.

>> No.60111261

vtubing numbers aren't declining, they're getting spread out instead of being consolidated on a handful of people
I'd bet there's more people watching vtubers now, but there's also more vtubers than ever, and so there's more possibility of finding someone that fits a specific niche you enjoy rather than just saying "oh well I guess I'll just watch Hololive because they're popular"
streaming in general is still growing in popularity, it's just that the "shiny new thing" buff vtubing had is gone, so vtubers have to actually have something going on to make people want to stick around, and the model is just a way to keep some anonymity while not having nothing to represent yourself on screen

>> No.60111270

>>60110222
Cover marketed them poorly too

>> No.60111526

>>60111261
and to add on to this since I forgot to mention it, you don't need crazy numbers to make a living on streaming
if you average about 300 viewers, you're making more than enough to get by with just streaming, assuming you don't live somewhere with a fucked up cost of living like New York or California, so numbers seemingly decreasing isn't actually that much of a bad thing
though obviously if you were a HoloEN getting tens of thousands of views a day and now you're only pulling 5k max, you might be feeling a bit of shrinking pains if you got used to a higher standard of living

>> No.60112359

>>60108714
minimal viability has been reached so corp efforts are concentrated only on driving the cost down

all tech advancements will be driven by the bottomless wallets of vrchat furries

>> No.60112430

>>60111526
300 greyfags won't pay for anything, you live in a cheap 3rd world country?

>> No.60112685

>>60112430
if you have 300 people willing to come back consistently, enough of them are going to be willing to put up money to support you that you can make a living, especially if you don't have a corporation taking half of what you earn like Holo/Niji
it's only the huge streams that have large numbers of people who won't even put up $5, smaller streamers have much higher proportions of their audience subbed/membered and willing to toss in some donations

>> No.60112954

>>60112359
There's incentive for Hololive with it's big 3D events, especially concerts. There have been big improvements to the 2D and especially the 3D in the past year, they know the buzz would drop off if everything just looked and functioned the same.

>> No.60113010

>>60112685
assume that is true and all 300 pay you 5 dollars per month, that is still only $1500, a part-timer income, far from making a living, not to mention taxes and youtube/twitch cut even if you are an indie.

>> No.60116701

>>60103655
don't worry, disney will buy out cookieswirl and make the covid boom look like a wet fart

>> No.60116805

>>60103655
Just wait until the deep state releases covid 2

>> No.60116849

>>60110222
>>60111270
Stop coping
VTubers are waning

>> No.60117375

>>60103655
Consolidation, wait a year and some actual no-name company will suddently shoot out to steal the n1 place that hololive currently has like they once did, then it becomes frog-leaping like pepsi vs coca cola

>> No.60117682

>>60116849
Nothing is over. If some fans lose interest and can't develop long term interests and move on, that's fine. Vtubing is here to stay. The medium will only grow as time goes on.

>> No.60117882

>>60103655
>random japanese screenshot
wow nice thread
surely the jannies will clean it up

>> No.60120529

>>60103655

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action