[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vt/ - Virtual Youtubers

View post   

File: 150 KB, 1141x1200, 4cea4adf2861df94ef0c6c310f9a8f31[1].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
5742586 No.5742586 [Reply] [Original]

Why is this game still drawing such large audiences? To me, it seems like the game is pretty stale at this point. Yes, technically there are "endless possibilities", but we already seen what can be done when large groups work together and now everything else just feels lame in comparison. So a goal like "I will build a house over there" really is not very exciting at this point. I rather watch new games than this ancient game which is being played to death by every streamer on the planet.
Is there something I am missing?

>> No.5742669

Most of the mining or house building streams are basically zatsudans anyway, the chat interaction is the main appeal. Personally, I like how Minecraft creates spontaneous interactions and collabs that wouldn't otherwise happen, a good example being PekoMoona.

>> No.5742685

>>5742586
It provides fun interactions.

>> No.5742745

>>5742685
>>5742669
Ok but there are lots of new games which also allow you talk to chat or meet other players...so why does it have to be Minecraft instead of something that feels more fresh?

>> No.5742890

>>5742745
Because its the status quo, and there's a LOT of people playing it. We had 29 people in the server today. Are you going to get them all to learn a new FOTM game that you think is better?
Minecraft gives you a world to build and play in and they're still doing a lot with it. The latest summer festival was a HUGE success, both the festival itself and the tons of work building up to it.

>> No.5743241

>>5742745
Because everyone already knows and plays Minecraft. It's like social media sort of, where if more people are on one platform, then you're more likely to just join said platform than some other platform with fewer people you care about. That plus it being a classic that everyone knows makes it the safe option to play.

>> No.5743254

1) Dedicated servers
Your service game trash doesn't have what it takes.
2) Built-in activities
VRChat is just an empty room.
3) Persistence
Everything they do carries forward.

>> No.5743427

>>5743254
>>5742685
This.

Nothing's funnier that a holomem going "who the fuck digged that hole?", "Wow, X built that?" or falling for a Pekora trap.

>> No.5745220

>>5742586
>Is there something I am missing?

Just imagine the smell from their sweaty pits and groin after they've been slaving away in a mine for hours on end

>> No.5746306

Ame pits

>> No.5746839

I think there are several factors.
The biggest ones i think >>5742669 >>5743241 and >>5743254 have covered, but there are other smaller things that help too.
Like others have said, it's a game that is almost universally recognized and the vast majority of potential watchers have played, making things familiar to them.
The world persistence and interactions allows for callbacks to events that happened months ago completely fucking over a stream and it can lead to some hilarious content, even among the ENs who have a tiny server without much going on yet.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COE0-VlxaGQ&t=7364s
Gura dug that hole in one of her very early Minecraft streams.

>> No.5747080

It's not about the game, it's making chuubas interact with each other in a casual manner. Lots of legendary content were born from this

>> No.5747864

>>5742586
A lot of people that don't understand Japanese will enjoy a JP stream more if they know the game. Considering how popular Minecraft was and still is, a lot of people will know how the game works so they can understand what's happening on stream even if they don't understand what the girls are saying.

>> No.5748177

>>5747864
Is that not the case for EN watchers as well? Though Minecraft is easy to follow even without playing it. From there you have games that range from somewhat interesting to JRPGs (FFX aside).

>> No.5748397

>>5742745
Minecraft is an easy game you can spend hours playing. By virtue of that the odds of running into another player on line increase hugely. To add to that, if you do run into anyone you can stop what you're doing on a dime and interact with them. I cant even think of another game with those parallels.

>> No.5748430

>>5742586
It did happen once, anon. ARK which was pushed hard by Coco managed to kill the Minecraft server during the Ragnarok and early Aberration saga.
It fits everything >>5742669 and >>5743254 described while being a fresh game for the talents, and those were some good times. Multiple unique interactions like CAMP trying to capture TEK Quetz, Miko establishing her own factory, the Lava Golem challenge, the beginning of Mukiroze, Choco unleashing her full autism surrounding herself with Spinos and many more.
Sadly though as with everything the viewers are always ruining good stuff and ARK wasn't exempt from it. Aqua getting dislike bombed just because she wanted to make her own tribe that will form alliance anyway with the old tribe, viewers demanding the 3rd gen girls to play together a lot more, also how Pekora straight up quitting after viewers weren't happy on the way she's traversing the lower region of Aberration and keep on backseating.
Kinda miss the excitement of the girls when they first launched the game.

>> No.5748485

>>5742669
>the same old "it's a zatsudan!!!!" excuse

outside of watame everyone i've seen play minecraft were just narrating what they were doing. This week might be different since they are obligated to cry about Coco every stream though

>> No.5748673

>>5748485
t. EOP

>> No.5748772

>>5748430
ARK was horrible to look at, janky as hell and nowhere nearly as flexible to create things as Minecraft.

>> No.5749272

>>5748772
Oh, of course, not going to refute that. I was just pointing out that ARK is essentially another Minecraft in concept. Instead of preparing mats and build something in Minecraft you search for high-leveled dino and tame it in ARK. For a sense of objective like Elder Dragon in Minecraft you have bosses like Lava Golem, Iceworm Queen and artifact-summoned bosses. So the possibility of another game shadowing Minecraft in the future, even for a short while, is definitely still there. It's not irreplaceable by any means.

>> No.5749668

>>5742586
Zoomers lego

>> No.5749820

Zoomers children. Why do you think Gura and Pekora are the most popular members of their respective branches? I know it pisses people off, but it really is that simple. Zoomer children consume more internet media than any other age cohort, so if you appeal to them you win.

>> No.5750005

Minecraft is still the best crafting survival game. They play it because they want to. It also appeals to both an older and younger audience, but the average demographic for Minecraft is now in their late 20s which is also the majority of Hololive fans.

>> No.5750250
File: 115 KB, 1154x719, 1622961992343.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5742586
How good the game is or the target demographic has nothing to do with it, just the characteristics of it are great for the holos:

>Free expression sandbox
>Complete avatars
>Safe content
>Has persistence

When you think about it, there is nothing similar in which the holos could interact with each other in similar fashion, other than 3D collabs.

>> No.5750300

>>5742586
Minecraft magic happens because people minding their own business bump on each other and fun things can happen on the spot. It’s a game that leans on social interactions and improvisation.

>> No.5750332

I tuned into that Minecraft festival or whatever the fuck got bored 10 minutes in.

>> No.5752349

Minecraft is a based game with based mods.

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action