[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vt/ - Virtual Youtubers

View post   

File: 536 KB, 364x652, 1621750642983.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
5284400 No.5284400 [Reply] [Original]

So the leaps from consuming Japanese media with subtitles, to consuming streams which lack subtitles, and then to streams without subtitles but you have some basic vocabulary -- they're all great. Really.

But where do you go to take the next step?

Does anybody here know of any VRchat servers for discussing v-tubers, either in Japanese or English? Any discord (I know, personally I have no account but perhaps it's worth it -- no clue what the Japanese discord population is like) servers?
Where is the next step, where you can discuss this Japanese content with Japanese people?

I think there's a few Japanese around here, from what I've seen, but I'm unsure if it's enough to host a Japanese-English thread here. Especially since Japanese are rarely confident enough to seek out English sites... Even when they do it's often at a late stage where the value of such a thread is little.

>> No.5284469

Also I tried Futuba awhile ago and it became obvious my Japanese was not enough. I'm hoping for places with Japanese willing to host ignorant English speakers as a form of mutual benefit, namely learning English from them in exchange for teaching Japanese via correction and tolerance of mistakes happening.

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action