[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vt/ - Virtual Youtubers

View post   

File: 3.68 MB, 498x451, hololive-fubuki.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
49128281 No.49128281 [Reply] [Original]

Anons, what's the issue with vTubers self-posting/shilling? You do realize that almost every single vTuber to ever exist has self-promoted themselves at some point and without it, most of them wouldn't have the viewer count or success they have now.

Success and Fans doesn't come in a gift wrapped box at their door step, and with not just how oversaturated vTubing is, but also Elon Musk running Twitter, it's harder to get noticed.

vTubers have to get noticed some way some how, so why when they try to put their name out there, it deters you guys from giving them a chance? Does it seem desperate? Do you feel as if they should have fans doing it instead?

>> No.49128504

>>49128281
Nothing inherently wrong with it, just don't be obnoxious about it and adapt to the culture of the thread.

>> No.49128692

>>49128281
why are you spelling it “vTubers” you stupid fuck

>> No.49129192

>>49128692
>ignores the entirety of the thread
does it really bother you that much, anon?

>> No.49129456

>>49128281
It's cute. I don't know why anons don't like it, except when it's consistent annoying soulless shilling.

>> No.49129598

honest answer
(it's been on my mind and it could be interesting)
I imagine the reason is that it feels like either fans 'should' do it because vt is mainly a place for various vtuber fans

or that yeah it seems desperate, although desu if you are a smaller creator then... yeah technically you ARE desperate, should be no shame in it.

and since twitter, discord and reddit suck to shill through it would make sense to shill /here/,
although it comes with a possible unfiltered unhinged audience that i imagine a lot dont want to wrangle and possible future blacklist by others because most wouldn't want to openly associate at all with 4chan

also i imagine for a lot it's the case of "well what would i show without being mega ridiculed", or "im a MaLe so forget it"
here for example, this is a video made to give beginners a way to clip and edit ( https://youtu.be/81kRPZquYRE )
but still male + small + ratio or idk XD

and yeah feedback rough, idk im here for memes

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action