[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vt/ - Virtual Youtubers

View post   

File: 119 KB, 1280x1280, 3b4c12786c5c11093d94f916ad65d9c365e27faf_xlarge.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
49066219 No.49066219 [Reply] [Original]

Serious shit:
Has anyone on this board feels that no matter how talented, creative or intelligent a vtuber can be, their music is always dogshit??
When i started following vtubers and really digging in the culture i found it impossible to finish one song let alone entire projects
Maybe because i'm musically inclined and play instruments that i just find most of the production to either be insufferably boring or just loud and cringey, god especially that bitch ass bimbo mori and kiara to some extent.
In general, it's always generic anime op type beats and energetic and manic pixie singing that puts me off the whole experience.
Tldr vtubers are entertainers not musicians

>> No.49066369
File: 38 KB, 625x352, BoXUpyeCQAA2WhY.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.49066876

Good people are expensive
>But they make a lot of money
Not all of them, and I'm talking about EXPENSIVE. They'll gladly spend $50k in the MV but can't bother paying for a good band and producer

>> No.49066934

>vtubers are entertainers not musicians
You just found out about this, newfag? This topic was already brushed off yrs ago.

>> No.49067123

>>49066219
i mean a lot of vtubers with originals aren’t even in control of their own music. their corpos hook them up with freelance composers, producers, and lyricists and just have the chuuba send in voice recordings. if you’re lucky you’ll find one where the chuuba is also responsible for a particular live-recorded instrument or wrote the lyrics themselves
mori of course is one of the major exceptions, doing all of the writing and having a significant hand in composition/production, so it’s fair to blame her music being shit on her. most indies with a relatively big “””discography””” (eg. amalee, nihmune) are probably similar
but a lot of the time, at least in corpos, the appeal of the song isn’t “this song comes from my oshi’s heart” it’s “this song just happens to be sung by my oshi”

>> No.49067224

>>49066219
Corpo vtuber music tends to be pretty shit because most don't know how to make music themselves. Indie musicians make better and more varied songs.

>> No.49067259

>>49066219
>In general, it's always generic anime op type beats and energetic and manic pixie singing that puts me off the whole experience.
Go back to masturbating to the Beatles on >>>/mu/, whiny hipster.

>> No.49067437

>>49066219
Yes OP Mori can't write music for shit. No need to do a whole essay.

>> No.49067907

>>49066219
>Maybe because i'm musically inclined and play instruments that i just find most of the production to either be insufferably boring or just loud and cringey, god especially that bitch ass bimbo mori and kiara to some extent.
Ruoru.
Rumao.
Stop typing like a faggot and stop fellating yourself, you are not special and you will never be. It's funny, faggots such as yourself, never post what they consider "good" or "tasteful".

>> No.49068059

>Tldr vtubers are entertainers not musicians
Yes? For most that's literally what they advertise themselves as. They sometimes pay composers to make them jpop music but most of them are not musicians.

>> No.49068227

I liked the camellia songs

>> No.49069794

I could post for you some great tunes from chuubas, but i think i'll leave you in the dark listening to Mori instead

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action