[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vt/ - Virtual Youtubers

View post   

File: 57 KB, 827x591, 1682360472519985.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
49046049 No.49046049 [Reply] [Original]

Say random things about you and your experience with vtubers that no one would ever ask you but you want to share anyway
Really anything, can be an unpopular opinion, a love letter to your oshi, a rant, a review of your journey as a vtuber fan, whatever you want

>> No.49046847

VTubers have made me happier and less lonely.

>> No.49048120

Branching out from Hololive was a mistake. Now I do nothing but watch streams all day. I miss having a life outside vtubers.

>> No.49048207

>>49046049
Watching clips is the correct way to consume vtuber content, anything else has a chance to take you to the bottom of the rabbit hole

>> No.49048532

>>49046049
i was surprised how sad i got when Coco announced graduation. i do like her but i wasn't gachikoi and only thought of her as funny dragon girl. never emotionally invested in an online person, yet i cried over this online stanger who is the complete opposite of my type.

>> No.49048573

>>49046049
When I started watching Vtubers I was hoping they would get replaced by AI soon. Now that we are closing in on that I feel kinda bad for some of them.

>> No.49048590

My oshi is in a company that i hate

>> No.49048722

Imagine finally finding a chuuba you like, whaling to complete a dono-goal, and making her your oshi, only for her to be terminated a month later.

>> No.49048906

I have developed a pattern of getting really involved with one oshi for a short time, getting parasocial feelings and attaching to her, only to realize a while later that she's not actually the person that I wanted her to be and probably wouldn't even like me if she knew me. So I drop her, go back to being a distant casual appreciator for a couple months, and then I find someone else that hits my buttons and the cycle repeats. I don't think I can ever find an oshi that I can actually stick with and believe in, or one that would actually want me as a fan.

>> No.49048987
File: 528 KB, 740x732, 1656316468559.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>49046049
I wish I started watching them before last year. They make me happy and they help me sleep.

>> No.49049064

>>49046049
Vtubers are intrinsically more interesting than flesh streamers because the use of technology let's them do more things with the medium than some guy or girl on video. It's why when vtubers start doing 3d shit, or even handcams sometimes, it just drains my interest in them. Vtubers aren't regular streamers and that's a great thing, I just want retards to stop trying to merge the two.

>> No.49049442

I genuinely think VTubers made my depression worst in the long run. It was fine and dandy in the beginning, but these last three months have been nothing but pain and misery. Seriously how the fuck did it get this bad?

>> No.49049727

>>49046049
I've gone full gachikoi with my oshi and I know it isn't healthy, but it feels amazing. I was reday to give up on relationships as all the girls i was meeting were just interested in a quick fuck. I've finally found a woman I love just for being herself and it's killing me because she'll never really know me or be able to return these feelings at all.

I know all that, but watching her is the best i've felt in years. It is literally better than sex

>> No.49049958

>>49049442

I feel the same but what can we do ?

>> No.49050320

>>49046049 (me)

I'm 22, started watching vtubers 3 years ago and spent over 5k€ on hololive merch and on 2view indies, I never gained anything good from this. I have a job but my contract ends in a few months and I might not even financially recover from this because I know I will keep sending again.

>> No.49050383

>>49046049
Being a casual fan is way better than being a serious fan. All of the fun and none of the drama or over attachment, you can enjoy astream or two and then peacefully return to your normalfag life. I wish I could go back and tell my old self this. But unfortunately, now I care too much, more than anyone ever should.

>> No.49050577

Never become a numberfag, especially if your oshi is a 2view or 3view. I became a saviorfag and it genuinely made my experience less enjoyable. I should have just turned my brain off and enjoyed the streams.

>> No.49050687
File: 2.96 MB, 850x434, facerig.webm [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

When I saw Nijisanji debut with livestreaming, using shitty live2D facerig models (which I thought were low effort trash compared to the 3D mocap suit models of that era), I thought of them as the Twitch of vtubing. As in, they were just a platform for "loud is funny" e-thots to stream without showing their faces. It wasn't until mid-covid when Hololive clips got my attention and changed my mind that streamer-type vtubers weren't all that bad.

It's kinda cringe now that whenever a normie asks what a vtuber is, the immediate default response is "a streamer who uses an anime avatar". Virtual Youtubers didn't start with streaming; in fact, streaming was such a new concept when Nijisanji debuted, that they coined the retarded term "liver" to try and stand out from edited video-form chuubas.

>> No.49051046

My oshi was playing Valorant a couple weeks ago and there was a male voice in vc. I was surprised how upset that made me. They didn't even talk

>> No.49051680

Vtubers really are a powerful, immersive escape from reality, and when there's a yab, it can shatter the "happy" world of vtubers very easily.

The escape could be GFE, a positive confidant, or a group of friends, spanning from corporations to indies. But when things get real, like terminations, doxxing, dumb drama, or mild psychosis from either the viewer or streamer, it hits harder because the illusion of a more ideal reality is shattered. No one gives a shit if someone gets fucked over at a regular company, job, or fucked in life, it's sad but that's what is expected. The atmosphere that vtubers promote or are required to promote, friendship, positivity, and fun, is destroyed in those moments.

I guess most vtubers are more closer to idol culture than we expect since they try to weave a dream; a community that is more positive and kayefabish than reality. All corpos say that the viewers don't even know 10% of what's really going on behind the scenes.

Entertainers do the same trick in general and there are other groups that make a community of influencers that entertain and are "always having a good time," like streamer houses. But I think mainstream vtubing has such a large and unavoidable culture that everyone gets into whether they like it or not (no male collabs, no sluttiness, extra sluttiness, general over-the-top anime vibes.) This more rigid culture creates a unique backbone for the air of this world they are trying to sell us.

Yabs make dreamers wake up. Mileage may vary: this can disillusion sheltered neets or deflate whatever hopes a jaded individual may have of a slightly happier existence. For the idealists and dreamers, one major yab could make them realize that their ideal dream of happy friendship isn't the whole truth. It could either be complete bullshit or 70% genuine, but regardless their safe haven isn't so safe anymore. It's also hard to go back to the blissfully ignorant times after you peel back the curtain. Some people want that 100% genuine experience, that window into wonderland where their chubas are actually having fun and feeling rewarded, because envisioning just another depressed meatbag doing a little jig and pet trick online for other depressed meatbags is just depressing.

When you wake up, your immaculate temple is desecrated, ruined. One can never fully clean the stains or repair the damage, and maybe it is your own fault for even trying to build a flawless monument in a world full of flaws and cracks. Moving from one place to the next, there is no suitable foundation for a perfect utopia of happiness. You must learn to accept these flaws in order to build a home you can live in.

And if you tldr you're gay

>> No.49053281

My first crush was a VTuber, it made my life miserable and fun. I learned a lot, and am happier about it.
Now I believe 95% of VTubers are grifters in it for the money.

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action