[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vt/ - Virtual Youtubers

View post   

File: 230 KB, 334x306, 1622768145714.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
4618490 No.4618490 [Reply] [Original]

I know this is autism supreme to complain about. But I find it so fucking strange the hologirls rarely use their character's backstory and lore as a way for them to do what they need to do? For example, Ame needs to take a week off? "Sorry *hic* I pressed my watch and went bcdjfkgkglgkglflslapfppdd and went into the past for a while... yeah...". Maybe it's me being an shizco but I don't want to know about their real lives? Unless it's something absolutely critical or can't be woven into their lore like (using ame once again cause she's easy) "I went to the doctors today... cause I needed to get checked up for a cold I got from 1880 *hic*...".
Am I truly that autistic or are the girls just sort of lazy about it?

>> No.4618551

>>4618490
Because acting is too hard for females so they drop it and act like there wasn't lore at all

>> No.4618648

Medschama...

>> No.4618693

>>4618490
>Am I truly that autistic
Definitely

>> No.4618756

>>4618490
meds

>> No.4618845

>>4618551
Unironically how it feels. I'm not saying it's needs to be lore 100% but like. Come on, you're playing as Aqua (who's a character owned by Cover), at least use the lore to get out of situations and try to keep the kayfabe alive.

>> No.4618951

>>4618490
You mean like ina?

>I have too many priestess duties

>> No.4619004

>>4618951
To be fair, I don't watch Ina so I didn't know she does that. I apologize for generalizing it too much. I like her but her streams aren't my thing.

>> No.4619025

>>4618490
You have autism

>> No.4619050
File: 271 KB, 1920x1080, 1601248607580.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4618490
To tell a convincing lie you need to tell some truths. If they lie about mundane things like getting a cold, then the more important lies, like their friendships, become harder to buy. This is manipulation 101 anon.

>> No.4619223

>>4619050
I get what your saying however I think my point still stands to a degree. You can tell a truth and a lie at the same time. Since you used Korone, she could go something like "I got a cold, so I have to call off the stream and call out of the bakery today. Wish me luck." But all in moonrunes.

>> No.4619308

>>4619223
Meds anon... and I am saying this unironically, go touch some grass

>> No.4619471

>>4619050
Can't believe Korone made such a careless statement implying support for an independent nation of Florida. Doesn't she know she's hurting the feelings of 313 million people?

>> No.4619528

>>4619308
If i saw some autist bending over to touch some grass besides the pavement, i would really hope he's medicated

>> No.4619564

>>4618490

Sorry, but I think this is more autism supreme than anything

>> No.4619592
File: 412 KB, 420x532, 1622691302755.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4618490
U need keep tabs of ur meds instead of worrying about lore anon...

>> No.4619662

>>4618490
Because they are entertainers and not actors. They are here to sit, play games and interact with audience and being some 4000 years old dragon deity from different dimension is not helping with it.

>> No.4619724
File: 38 KB, 1260x856, 77EF6D0E-FC36-46C4-91F8-75A53515F5B8.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

No. Being too close to Kayfabe means wrestling autism like Cornette sinks into the Vtubber industry. Once that happens it’s game over

>> No.4619754

>>4619223
It's still a lie. It reminds the viewers that this is a fiction, and that their love for you could also be a fiction. People come to vtubers for an authentic autistic Japanese woman pretending to be their girlfriend, not to role play some dumb setting.

>> No.4619815

So then, what's a vtuber? An entertainer for sure, but that's not an answer. That's like saying a farmer works in the culinary industry. Clearly they're a subdivision of streamer. I am autistic but to be a vtuber is to have lore. A vtuber without lore is just a streamer.

>> No.4619854

>>4618951
Based Ina is 9 months into this and still keeping up some of the lore, though I'm happy it's not as much as debut. Her chat mod was such a prick. Calli gave up on lore about 3 months in and Gura and Ame never gave a shit. Kiara turns it on and off on a whim.

>> No.4619876

>>4619815
People here just don't know what the fuck kayfabe is. That's why they immiedately think keeping up "lore" is all there is too it. You can have kayfabe without the lore and have it with it. Kayfabe isn't bad. The best Vtubers utilize on the daily.

>> No.4619909

>>4619308
>go touch some grass
Let this reddit tier meme die pls.

>> No.4619974

>>4618490
I agree with you. Bigger streamers like Doc do this.
>got a 10 billion dollar deal
Game Fuel sponsorship talks
>have to spend time with Mrs. Assassin
Cheating on wife
>have to talk with the advertisers
Picking up kid from school

Mori does this with “scythe swinging lessons” and Kiara does “idol meetings”. It should happen more often.

>> No.4619990

>>4619909
Tell me about it. I've had 27 redditors tell me to touch grass today.

>> No.4620056

>>4619754
Why not just watch regular ass Japanese streamers then.
Why fuck would you seek out a idol company that desgins 2d anime girls for "Authentic" Japanese woman.

>> No.4620079

>>4619754
Really? Is that how you think? To me, if someone is willing to keep the kayfabe up to the point of referencing the character that means to me they really care. If they're not willing to even do that then I feel like they don't even care for their followers at that point. It's one thing to drop all kayfabe when something absolutely serious happens, it's another to drop it because "I got a cold so I'm done. I'll be back when I can deal with you lot".
>>4619876
This. I know I mentioned lore solely but it's moreso keeping up the act.

>> No.4620102

>>4619854
why what was ao chan doing

>> No.4620109

>>4618490
>this is autism
You already answered your own question

>> No.4620174

>>4620056
I didn't want to be as mean but this.

>> No.4620278

>>4620056
You can still lie, it's just important that you choose your lies carefully because you only get so many before the illusion is destroyed. For example, many of vtubers will never acknowledge that they're been in a relationship. That already makes them better than an authentic authentic autistic Japanese woman. If they can look like a cute girl, that's even better.

>> No.4620377

>>4620278
>This super social and bubbly girl who can easily handle an entire crowd of guys talking with her isn't a Stacy but pure.
Totally believable lie.
>She referenced her character as a fun way to deal with irl issues and other events that would detract from the viewer experience?
She's breaking the immersion.

Seriously, I'm sure even Aqua, of all autists, has gotten dicked down in some way. It's okay to admit most of them are just sortof lazy and don't care for the kayfabe too much.

>> No.4620391

>>4620079
It isn't just keeping up an act, but also the utilization of your personality. Most chuubas aren't very far from how they're really like. Having them play an entirely different person for hours on end, day in and day out would crash them. Instead, most chuubas just preoject their personality to enhance a stream. Whether it be cranking up the loud meter or sinking back into a corner is all kayfabe. This still creates a different character while still showing yourself. Ultimately, no fa of vtubers should push for an "actor" or a
normal "streamer". People should push for "Vtubers". The ones who use this medium to enrich streaming with a virtual avatar using themselves as a catalyst. That's what I think Vtubers should strive to be. Most people who came into vtubers were looking for cute anime girls doing cute things. It just seems like there are a lot of people who want the actor or the streamer. aspect to be dominant. When it should just be a comfortable middle ground of projection and reality.

>> No.4620415

Haachama did it when she was in schizo mode lore and look how many rats where made. Her saying she wasn’t mentally well lined up with her story and everyone took it at face value.

>> No.4620483

>>4620377
It's already a hard sell, that's the point. To sell the great lie you need to cushion it with small truths. Read Mein Kampf on how to lie to an audience.

>> No.4620522

>>4618490
You're a fucking idiot and take your fucking medication you definitely are off of it today

>> No.4620624

>>4620391
What you're saying is what my question is prompting. There is nothing wrong with mixing yourself and the "character" to make a better end product. However, to overwhelm the "character" with yourself is just as bad as letting the "character" overwhelm you. I am not saying the girls are bad Streamers. But by denying their "character" they are becoming lazy / bad vtubers. Calli is supposedly an aspect of death incarnate. Her rapping is a good projection of herself onto the character. But she hasn't let the character project onto her. An easy way is to translate CERTAIN irl events into situations her "character" would have to deal with. In this case, idk, a particular hard soul against being reapt?

>> No.4620873

>>4619724
>implying 20 years down the road I'm not gonna wanna watch Enma scream and shout about A-chan the way Cornette does about Russo, Ed Ferrara and/or HBK/The Kliq

>> No.4620915

>>4620624
Well, Calli has a few problems from streaming as a whole I hear, so that makes sense. I remember her talking about scythe swinging lessons and things of that nature when she first debuted. I do know in her music she still keeps the kayfabe so that's nice. I'd say that since she works a lot on songs that feature that Reaper edge, it's fine for her to go light on the kayfabe on streams. I don't know her mindset. I know a bunch of the songs are personal to her career with streaming and hololive in general, I just think it's fine for her to detox a little on stream.
> In this case, idk, a particular hard soul against being reapt?
In her lore I don't think she has reapt any souls? I don't know if soul reaping and killing someone overlap. A cool way to mix in the real world though would be like if she wanted to talk about a friend she could say, "A few souls in the underworld I was tasked to keep an eye on did this and that". If she isn't doing simple stuff like that from time to time then I'd just say F.

>> No.4621105

>>4620056
>>4620174
Because 2d>3d

>> No.4621173

>>4620102
Kayfabing heavily in the chat pinned messages and acting more likes a manager than a simple mod.

>> No.4621188

>>4620915
She did those kinds of things in her most recent chatting stream

>> No.4621206

>>4620915
In a funny turn of events, since they don't typically talk about the lore I sort of forget it. But I think she's a trainee reaper so she hasn't just yet, I could get confused. But Calli is a good example of what I consider a good balance between herself and her character. 100% commitment to either is bland as what >>4620391 said and my >>4620624
response. She definitely keeps the kayfabe up in her music and realistically that's what she's best known for, so even if she relaxes the kayfabe when she streams I'm actually okay with. A person who I think is extremely bad at keeping the kayfabe is Gura, I like her as a streamer but she doesn't act for things for the kayfabe beyond things given to her from either chat or management. Her joke about being Hydrodynamic is due to the chat. Congrats on her for doing it, and that shows how strong of a streamer she is. But as a vtuber, she's rejected the character and has basically failed.

>> No.4621392

>>4621206
Yeah, I can see what your saying. Gura is a little lighter on the kayfabe, especially compared to Kayfabe maniacs like Ame and Kiara. Though, Gura still has her moments. Like linking her tendency to be clothed less because back in atlantis you would be bullied for having clothes on. So whenever she's at home she wears a bit less (Uoooh). Gura could use a little more kayfabe but she doesn't need to much with the lore. Personally I think her strengths with kayfabe is her projecting how cute she is to chat. Her sassy, bratty, and adorabe attitude is can be stretched a lot in certain parts of her stream. Whenever it happens her chat goes wild. You should probably look into gura's personality and cuteness more. Since there's more going there than the spaced lore dumps she does.

>> No.4621485

>>4618490
No, these girls are just voice actors. They play a character. The character they play is not themselves, they are just a part of it. I love Okayu but I do not love her voice actor. Same thing with Sakura Miko. I like Shion but I don't give a damn about her voice actor outside general human empathy. vtubers are characters, not people. I'm not sure why people here think otherwise. Some vtubers do think they literally are their character but those are few and far between.

>> No.4621497

>>4620278
I have a real hard time understanding you mate.
You want a vtuber to lie about their past relationships, but you clearly realise that they are lying. What illusion are talking about then?
Just watch a regular GFE then. They lie to point that makes you happy, they 're cute girls, pretend to be your girlfriend and with an added bonus! They don't "role play some dumb setting".

>> No.4621520

>>4618490
The reality is the technology isnt there yet to do it convincingly, so at some point it just seems like insulting your audiences intelligence.

>> No.4621564

>>4621173
Pinning to behave doesnt sound like a big deal. I was under the assumption that ao-chan was EnMa

>> No.4621589

>>4621392
To be honest, I probably am being much more harsh than I would typically be due to everyone just flat out rejecting what I said. I do mean what I said about Gura being a great streamer, but when I say she failed as a vtuber that was too harsh. She's not the greatest but she does have a few good moments that carry her for a while. I suppose I wish she just did more stuff with her character besides just her already strong streaming personality. She is 9000 years old, there has to be a good lore nugget she can make.

>> No.4621613

>>4621564
It's not a big deal, it was just annoying being talked down to by a literal who. Ao-chan stopped eventually.

>> No.4621731

>>4621497
Not him but I prefer ones that don't give too much of themselves. I feel some are literally themselves with an anime character in front of them. It's why so many vtubers have regular, shitty second outfits that look straight out of fashion magazines aimed at 20/30 year olds. It just feels wrong. I like anime characters, not women. They will never see them as human so why even try?

>> No.4621746

>>4619854
>Calli gave up on lore about 3 month
I'm not even a hardcore Mori watcher but most streams I do watch from her she inserts lore here and there, I think she is the most consistent about it in HoloEN.
For Gura and Ame it seems to come and go in phases, sometimes they are really concious about it, but then ignore it for a while.

>> No.4621757

>>4621589
I completely understand. Trust me, I didn't get offended upon Goorah's behalf. A simple opinion with some interesting concerns is all. I also think Gura could maybe do more stuff with her lolibaba stick. I know she calls herself a lolibaba, but honestly she doesn't act like most lolibabas I know. They're mostly wise and educated on lots of things, calm and composed and the like. Don't know if you know about Fire Emblem, but Gura definitely feels more like a Nowi than a Nyx. I think she could pad those 9k years with a few more things. Even so, I'm not too worried about it. I like the conversation and glad I could talk about this Kayfabe stuff and what it means.It seems like some vtubers don't like how kayfabe is regarded as by new community members. The best example would be Risu getting mad at chat comparing her to wrestling. Again, It was an interesting talk, thanks.

>> No.4621847

>>4621757
Oh no problem mate, have an absolute good one. And I'm right there with that sentiment. At the end of it all, I want all the girls to succeed but the most that can be done is schizo post on vt desu. Cheers.

>> No.4621886

>>4621731
So you want something like the first couple of years of Kizuna Ai and the OG batch of Virtual Youtubers, people got over those days, streaming is the future and it's just hard to get super consistent when you need to stream 2+ hours everyday compared to edited video clips.

>> No.4621898

>>4621731
Same here, this is my current issue with Subaru. The models are good, and it seems like the girls have had a say in them, I just find it strange. Hers is the less issuing but I don't like how they stray further from their kayfabe even in their design if given the chance. For example, I wish Noel got a much better suit of armor... instead of what your typical jp fem would wear to college.

>> No.4621910

What lore? Outside of maybe Haachama, the rest of Hololive has their intro paragraph and that's IT. That's why HoloALT happened.

>> No.4621981

>>4621898
I think Subaru has low key lost her mind.

>> No.4621991

>>4621886
Not the anon, but I don't think he's rejecting the streaming element. But that he wants more of an anime experience. Like doing 100% lore all the time is not enjoyable and impossible. But there's a healthy mix of playing into to lore and streaming, and that's what he wants. Noel is a knight but if you watch a stream you might not even know. There needs to be a consistency to it for the kayfabe.

>> No.4622037

>>4621991
The more real they get the more real I get. I have the rest of my life to be real, I just want a cute 2D girl to entertain me, not have problems and feelings.

>> No.4622046

>>4621910
Well, yeah? But even with a paragraph it can still be worked in. That's like saying "Oh, you're introducing a character into this book with only a single paragraph? That's not enough lore to work with, you need more! A whole book even." Those paragraphs are short so that the girls can work inside the characters. There also should've been them being flushed out but the girls just rarely did so.

>> No.4622100

>>4621981
I think she unironically got bothered by being called a tomboy so she did everything in her power not to be one anymore.
>inb4 just because she has long hair doesn't make not a tomboy!!!
Yeah, maybe. But her design screams everything but tomboy if taken out of context.

>> No.4622116

>>4621910
I'm pretty sure OP just meant basic character breaking.
Like how Ollie was meant dead for ages but still talks regularly about living with her sister.

>> No.4622127

>>4622037
Either try to find a very specific vtuber that catters to you or go back to /a/, one of the main appeals of vtubers is that you can't call a real person "badly written", you can treat them like characters that have infinite layers to them.

>> No.4622166

>>4622116
Oh shit. I forgot that character breaking was a thing. Fuck.

>> No.4622452

>>4621981
>normal girl with a shitty life
>not even a nerd
>suddenly falls into a rabbit hole of vtubing
>starts ego searching hardcore
>becomes an idol like figure adored by thousands
>starts thinking her avatar is really herself
>becomes more and more divorced from reality
Subaru is a horror movie protagonist.

>> No.4622562

>>4622127
I just don't feel like vtubers are real people and the experience only gets worse. They seem like voice actors that have to improv a lot. I love them less and less as I know more about their insecurities, faults, and life. I only want their good side. I despise vtubers that start feeling like the character is just an extension of themselves or literally is them.

>> No.4622674

>>4622562
Oh shit, we have an actual unicorn here

>> No.4622709

>>4622452
Psychological horror rrat

>> No.4622740

>>4622562
Rediscovering the raw charm of real human beings is the best part of falling in this rabbit hole, you have thousands of anime to watch if you want a clean cut molded versions of the reality, to watching vtubers you need to learn to enjoy not just the idealistic poetic side, but the chaotic cacophony of the human side too.

>> No.4622764
File: 491 KB, 1125x734, 1620651440583.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I would figure Watame is one of the most consistent with lore along with pekora with both following along their animal persona

>> No.4622807

>>4622452

i think ive seen a horror anime about that. looking forward to the cover version.

>> No.4622812

>>4622764
Pekora literally brought her mom on stream Anon. Watame... I actually don't know too much about but she's probably fine? She at least used to react to mutton. Idk if she still does.

>> No.4622839

>>4622674
I'm not. I don't give a flying fuck if the person who plays one has a boyfriend. I make a division between the character and the actor. I just don't want them to bleed themselves too much into it because it lowers the quality of the experience. They know they aren't really the character.

>>4622740
I like good improve. Most anime is trash because they are derivatives of derivatives written by people with little life experience or are toy commercials. I don't like the real human being aspect some of them have. There are plenty of real people, if I wanted them I can talk to them and engage with them.

>> No.4622906

>>4618490
Obligatory Senchou cumming her brains out each time the game calls her "Captain"
>>4622764
It's Nene and Sora. Can't go against the lore if there's no lore. Polka and Aloe going strong too. Roboco, I guess? I don't really watch her, but it seems she likes being a high-spec robot

>> No.4622923

>>4622839
Sounds to me like you bought a bike and wanted it to be a car, if the appeal of this genre is not what you idealized, then close the /vt/ tabs and move on.

>> No.4622978

>>4622923
I don't have a problem with most vtubers since they know the game. Most vtubers agree with me, they are not the character and are actual people. By enjoying the character but not caring about them for real is what they want.

>> No.4626781

>>4618490
Because you same faggots would be whining that it is cringe if they utilize their lore too often

>> No.4626931

Suisei doesn't have that much lore in terms of backstory, but she is dedicated to being forever 18. She doesn't drink on stream (because the legal age in Japan is 20) and tweeted in April that she would be repeating her high school senior year for the third time.

>> No.4627098

>>4618490
>Girls avoiding meta and staying in lore 24/7
>Normalfags: "NNNNOOOOOO it's so fake fakefake, they can't be themselves idol industry company oppression"
>Girls adding meta in their tweets
>Schizos: "NNNNOOOOOO act more like your character you're lazy I don't care about your real life"
They can act up but they won't because they chose not you. Especially when it's an excuse to delay/cancel your stream (i.e. not showing up at work) and I'm only glad they treat it seriously.

>> No.4627154

>>4622764
For some reason I see pekora as the most serious about her character nowadays trying really hard not to spill the irl stuff, even during her mom's visit she told everyone she's from pekoland even though I believe it was embarrassing af.

>> No.4627518

>>4619754
KEK

>> No.4632988
File: 75 KB, 804x719, 90932109_12090909012.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4618490
Don't use UI for your shitpost

>> No.4633127

>>4618490
I agree with you anon, more keyfabe wouldn't hurt

>> No.4633363
File: 227 KB, 868x1224, __shigure_ui_indie_virtual_youtuber_drawn_by_mupe__59b3a174e35e8241cfaaeff314441640.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4632988
UIchan will never fall for a loser like you.

>> No.4633580

>>4633363
I know...

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action