[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vt/ - Virtual Youtubers

View post   

File: 86 KB, 249x249, 1673283668710314.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
40702721 No.40702721 [Reply] [Original]

>ENs collab with stars
>"That's because management force them"
>JPs collab with stars
>"Nobody force them, they are the whores of JP"
Double standard

>> No.40703069
File: 178 KB, 433x462, 1644586291327.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I think you are being intellectually dishonest by posing the situation like that.
Take Bae for example. She's been doing homo collabs since debut more or less and people generally don't mind. This is because she has built an audience which doesn't mind her content, which she was very open and clear about from the get-go. Unlike Ame or Kronii who started collabing with dudes long after their debuts, both of which never implemented dudes for a long time in their regular content. In this scenario obviously the audience will be different.
For JPs it's much the same. Towa's filtered out people who mind male collabs by not pandering to them and just do whatever she wants. She's not attacking her fans or expressing hostility towards them either, which you can observe in both Kronii and Ame.
Much of it comes down to respecting their fans and wanting to make content for them to enjoy, not what they want to make.

>> No.40703082

they're mentally ill please understand

>> No.40703154

>>40702721
>HoloJp collabs with real life women
nobody cares
>collab with a m*n
defcon 3

>> No.40704866
File: 154 KB, 322x315, 1615049415409.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

that's the point
i dont actually care about male collabs, I just want to make the most people mad
the best way to do that is to have inconsistent views and standards

>> No.40704970
File: 2 KB, 125x125, 1662520039397995.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>40703069
that's a lot of words

>> No.40705144

>>40703069
This is such an important point and often gets glossed over
Not that it matters since this is a bait thread

>> No.40705249

>>40703069
> Unlike Ame or Kronii who started collabing with dudes long after their debuts
That's because there were no EN Holostars when they debuted.
> Towa's filtered out people who mind male collabs by not pandering to them and just do whatever she wants.
That is what Kronii did, or at least tried to do, but schizos are very stubborn.
> She's not attacking her fans or expressing hostility towards them either
I didn't know this was Twitter, where people are hurt and offended by words.

>> No.40705363

>>40703069
>Unlike Ame or Kronii who started collabing with dudes long after their debuts
Come the fuck on, Tempus didn't exist when they debut.

>> No.40705403

>>40702721
EOP unikeks mental gymnastics

>> No.40705455

>>40705363
they could always learn japanese
or go to niji id
bae is the only fair one because she was lusting for roberu from day1

>> No.40705623

>>40705455
> they could always learn japanese
Unicorns could also just lean Japanese and leave EN alone, yet here we are.
> or go to niji id
Do you really want to claim that there are no other holos except Kronii and Ame who don't want to collab with Niji?

>> No.40705819

>>40705623
the point is that it's not about the gender, the option was always there, but about many different factors
first and foremost, tempus speak primarily english and come from the same company, many also knew each other before holo, which makes things infinitely easier
they've built their audience on female-only because they didn't have suitable men yet, the sudden jump could indeed be rather shocking for people
if there's any vtuber that just actually, unironically lusts for cock and it doesn't matter for them who it is, just that it's a man, then it's not a holo

>> No.40706166

>>40705819
> the sudden jump could indeed be rather shocking for people
Holostars existed before Tempus, very shocking indeed, but only a retard would not expect EN Stars to be made at some point.
> if there's any vtuber that just actually, unironically lusts for cock and it doesn't matter for them who it is, just that it's a man
Sounds like a you problem, last time I checked, collabs don't equal lusting over someone, otherwise the Holos who don't collab with males would be lesbians.
> then it's not a holo
And who are you (or anyone here) to decide who is or isn't a Holo, Covers decides that.

>> No.40706307

>>40703069
to be fair, kronii is total overthinker, and was afraid to mess up by collabing with tempus. until she did the whole "fuck you all. i'm gonna do what i want to do", but schizos still are being annoing. and vesper being suspended made her have points to collab with tempus, because its indisputable the one she mostly vibes with.

and ame is busy doing her own autistic stuff like... always?

>> No.40706448

>>40706166
>Holostars existed before Tempus
Yeah, they did, and up to this day more than half of Hololive fans aren't aware of their existence
>only a retard would not expect EN Stars to be made at some point
not the point
>last time I checked, collabs don't equal lusting over someone
Exactly, that's why it's a painful exaggeration to actually call those who do "whores"
>And who are you (or anyone here) to decide who is or isn't a Holo, Covers decides that
First you're a company bootlicker so fuck off
Second you didn't get it

>> No.40706534

>>40705249
>I didn't know this was Twitter, where people are hurt and offended by words.
Bro, this board has been like Twitter for almost a year now.

>> No.40706584

>>40706448
> Yeah, they did, and up to this day more than half of Hololive fans aren't aware of their existence
Again, sounds like a you problem.
> First you're a company bootlicker so fuck off
Cover is a company, cover made Hololive, I like Hololive, so I support Cover. If that makes me a bootlicker, then that applys to everyone who donated anything to any Holo.

>> No.40706613

>>40705249
>I didn't know this was Twitter, where people are hurt and offended by words.

Why are you equating a social media forum/platform with an entertainer?

>> No.40706672

>>40706613
The point is that people get butt hurt over doses reality check from an Anime girl streamer, no difference between the unicorns and twitter.

>> No.40706690

>>40706613
I am equating 4chan to Twitter...

>> No.40707308

>>40705623
Wtf ENs were supposed to be idol and now it's full of anti-idol and sjw
What happened ?

>> No.40707393
File: 192 KB, 624x637, praying_dog.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Every day I thank life for not making me mentally ill and caring about random women

>> No.40707454

>>40707308
Well, if interacting with males = anti-idol and sjw, what does that say Suisei or Sora, THE idols of Hololive.
Can you provide your definition of what an idol is?

>> No.40707742

>>40707393
Korone is a random woman tho

>> No.40707768

>>40707454
Less of an idol than Nene, the literal idol

>> No.40707823

>>40707454
A lot of talents don't say they are idol anymore and they don't do as much concert and dancing as JPs
People loved hololive because it was streamers with a bit of old girls trying to be idol now it's just streamers like NijiEN

>> No.40707874

>>40707742
Nah she's just a funny dog who goes yooby yooby.

>> No.40708082

>>40707823
True, but it's not like all JPs are idols. Cover simply wanted to expand their roster with more than just idols, and non-idols in Holos are still loved by many.
>>40707768
That has nothing to do with what I said, Sora and Suisei are way more recognizable then Nene as Hololive idols.

>> No.40708178

>>40708082
>Sora and Suisei are way more recognizable then Nene as Hololive idols.
Yeah so? Nene was an actual idol, Sora and Suisei are pretend idols and not really that much, they're more musicians than anything. You know idols aren't just music and concerts right? Main reason why Azki calls herself a diva instead of an idol

>> No.40708292

>>40708178
I am still waiting for an definition of what an idol is.
> Sora and Suisei are pretend idols
What are you smoking pal?

>> No.40708482

Ame was always into stars and even live reacted to shien's 3D so anyone surprised by her stance is a retard and the only reason to ever be mad at her is because of her lie where she said she wouldn't initiate but did for the worms collab, but she never said she wouldn't collab with them.

Also two weeks before the dbd collab Kronii explicitly said she wouldn't mind collabing with them if she was invited. She WAS invited by Mori and took the invitation only for schizos to pretend she never said it. Like they genuinely didn't believe she meant what she said for some unfathomable reason. So no this is all on people for pretending to be retarded.

If it were, say, IRyS, who switched sides I'd agree with you. But those two actually made their stances clear when asked about it but no one wanted to believe them

>> No.40708535

>>40708292
Idols are defined by fan interaction, everything that makes an idol special is about fan interaction, otherwise they would be just like normal singers, and idols don't even have to be good singers in the first place. Since fan interaction is the most important thing, why would Sora and Suisei be more idol-like than the rest of the holomems? They're just better musicians than most, but unlike what love live might have made you think, that doesn't equal idol

>> No.40708678

>>40708535
> idol special is about fan interaction
Well, if we ignore what the whole world thinks idols are (singers of stage), every Hololive girl interacts with their fans, including the ENs.
So explain this.

>> No.40708762

>>40708535
by that shit definition... i can tell that Pokimane is a idol

>> No.40708856

>>40708678
>Well, if we ignore what the whole world thinks idols are (singers of stage)
So what's the difference between a normal singer and an idol then?
>every Hololive girl interacts with their fans, including the ENs.
Yes, you're seeing the point. But some girls clearly have a more intimate relationship with their fans, you can't tell me that Suisei treats her fans the same way as Nene
Vtubing itself is limited on what you can do as fan interaction
And I say Nene was an idol because she was literally an idol (and don't mention Kiara because she explicitly failed)

>> No.40708894

>>40708762
The definition implied that they're musicians as well retardchama

>> No.40709182

>>40708856
> So what's the difference between a normal singer and an idol then?
Idols are a sub-category of singers. It's true that idols are also defined by their fans (you can't be an idol without fans), but music is the maid aspect of an idol.
> But some girls clearly have a more intimate relationship with their fans,
That is subjective and can't be logically evaluated. And if you want to claim that you are the end all be all decider of that, then sorry, I don't believe you.
> and don't mention Kiara because she explicitly failed
By your logic of what an idol is, Kiara interacts with her fans just fine, so I don't know how she failed.

>> No.40709411

>>40708894
then you're excluding almost all holos, because just a little fraction of them really have some sort of musical training. Suisei, Sora, Azki, Irys, Mori, Moona, Risu, Kobo, Kanata. With a strech, can add maybe Gura, Kiara and Towa?

remember that you said MUSICIAN and i. And even in my list some are at most, "self trained" singers.

And the number of completely bad singers on holo is not small. Which is the completely opposite of musician, because if someone can't even know they're in wrong pitch while singing, of course they're not musicians.

>> No.40709464

>>40702721
>"That's because management force them"
That's just the cucks' cope. If collabing with males was mandated by the management, Gura, Fauna, IRyS and Mumei would have done it. Yet, those 4 barely acknowledged the homos' existence and at least 2 of them have openly said that they won't be collabing with males.
Feel good being a sapling / SNORyS chad nowadays.

>> No.40709466

>>40709182
>Idols are a sub-category of singers.
So why not call them singers? What makes them special that they're called idols? Why isn't Azki an idol?
>That is subjective and can't be logically evaluated.
As opposed to saying Sora and Suisei are more idol-like than other members?
>Kiara interacts with her fans just fine, so I don't know how she failed.
Kiara was an idol and completely failed, just in case you wanted to mention her as another previous idol

>> No.40709607

>>40709411
Idols can get away with not being able to sing anon, you should know this

>> No.40709669

>>40709607
then, being musician is optional, right? or they go on stage with some instrument?

>> No.40709670

>>40702721
>Suisei, a unicorn and gachikoi friendly
I kek, i lol, i even lmao

>> No.40709804

>>40709466
> So why not call them singers? What makes them special that they're called idols?
Idols must have a cult following,
Idols sing on stage.
Idols usually have a character to play.
Idols usually sing pop songs.
Idols are mostly female.
> As opposed to saying Sora and Suisei are more idol-like than other members?
They are musicians, not all Holos are.
> Kiara was an idol and completely failed.
You said that what makes an idol is a relationship with their fans, Kiara has that currently. So by your own definition she is not a failed idol.

>> No.40709951

>>40703069
That is a good point and expectations plays a big part in how fans respond. If Ina did a collab with Tempus this board would burn for a day despite her being a holostars fan since she rarely interacted with them. If Gura did a collab with Tempus this board would burn for a week since she has never publicly interacted with holostars.

>> No.40710026

>>40709669
If someone terrible at singing releases a song, would she get called a singer? Probably not. But can she get called an idol? Then yes, granted she does the other things that makes an idol. This is why saying Sora and Suisei are idols based on their singing ability or song output isn't entirely correct, as idols can be completely terrible at singing, dancing and even be a social retard, and that would simply be another shtick and she wouldn't be any less of an idol

>> No.40710281

>>40710026
>don't need to sing well
>don't need to dance
>don't need to have proper social interaction
next step is saying that a idol don't even need to release a song. then at this point, any twitch whore can fit the definition easily.

>> No.40710619

>>40710281
Anon, be honest with me, have you ever listened to an actual small idol group? And even if you haven't, Pekora is basically all of those and she can very well be called an idol
>any twitch whore can fit the definition easily.
I hope you realize the irony that Pekora was an NND whore and that simply giving her a stage to sing to made her something like an idol. Yes, literally anyone can be an idol if they go do retarded shit on stage, that's the point of being an idol, ease of entry but a cutthroat industry once you're in

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action