[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vt/ - Virtual Youtubers

View post   

File: 357 KB, 1475x2432, __kuzuha_nijisanji_drawn_by_tcb__a10ed93647949642a71df1acb237d2cd.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
381822 No.381822 [Reply] [Original]

Why are there so few popular male vtubers compared to their female counterparts?

>> No.381827

Despite the feeling that everyone on the internet is a raging homosexual, they're not actually that common.

>> No.381914

niji's most popular livers (in terms of views and SC) iirc are Kuzuha and Kanae, Kagami is also up there

>> No.382301

Of Mice & Men: Criticizing the ENVtuber Community & Talking about Male VTubers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfqGfsVj_vY

>> No.382420

>>381822
It's a product primarily aimed at men because they're the majority audience interested in this kind of thing. People like Kuzuha are able to break the mode because they're just genuinely entertaining, which draws in even the people who are just there for the waifus.

>> No.383064

>>382301
Do any of these dude EN vtubers ever try making content about things girls like? Like play whatever gachashit is popular with girls, twisted wonderland, ensemble stars? Games girls like Animal Crossing and stuff like that. It's what female vtubers do isn't it? Try be super relatable to their male audience by fawning over cute girls and shit, play games that would interest their mostly male audience instead of stuff girls typically play.

>> No.383234

Women can be average, but the avatar will be a buff for them. Men have to be entertaining first and foremost without an avatar, because an avatar is not a buff for them.
With that in mind, any guy that's developed the talent or skills to be a popular streamer has no incentive to pay for a vtubing avatar on top of that. Currently, most guys that vtube would be average/subpar even without an avatar.

>> No.383703

>>382420
Is Kongou the non-Japanese equivalent?

>> No.383834

>>381822
Nijisanji have top male gamer type vtuber like Kuzuha and top male variety type like Maimoto. They're actually quite popular but even the top ones are still one step below Hololive members in popularity. It's not about how entertaining they are though, it's about the brand. Vtuber=Hololive, but Hololive doesn't equal male vtubers.

>> No.383862

Is Pewdiepie a Vtuber?

>> No.384964

>>383064
>Do any of these dude EN vtubers ever try making content about things girls like?
SeikyuuVA and Ais Riale pander to the My Hero Academia fujoshis.

>> No.384991

>>381822
You already know the answer to this.

>> No.385486
File: 484 KB, 1194x399, Screen Shot 2021-02-08 at 4.19.22 AM.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>381822
Roberu is inclining through sheer force of will, support him faggots.

>> No.385527

>>385486
Roberu already makes more in SC than some of the low end holos. I remember back when triple digits was a big deal for the homos, the incline has been huge

>> No.385685

>>382301
See what this guy says kind of makes sense, EN male vtubers are stuck in a hole of getting no viewers because they don't really have enough people watching them to get them to the point where they become visible enough in any discovery mechanisms a platform has to grow organically and they can only really get collabs with other nobodies nobody watches.

Maybe that is where potential NijiEN males might have the advantage, instead of being stuck in that hole waiting for some kind of lucky break to pull them out that never comes they will almost certainly get some above normal level of interest initially because of the brand and they might even be able to get collabs with people that aren't nobodies too through the company connections.

>> No.386016

You either become nijisanji or hang out with them to get noticed. Roberu pulled a miracle last year to stay afloat.

>> No.386671

>>385685
It also doesn't help that most of them use lazy VRoid models and have boring personalities.

Kamiya Juu is able to succeed even with a generic avatar because he is a great voice actor and edits his own content.

>> No.386698

Would EN Holostars ever be a thing?

>> No.386834

>>386698
When you start it.

>> No.387277

I like how vsharters refuse to realize that a female can be enjoyable even with small talk and fucking around, while a male is no different from any other youtube channel and needs to be exceptional compared to those. Instead they insist that them having a moving avatar is supposed to make them grow.

>> No.387364

>>385685
You just need to realize that there's too much offer. Out of a million losers browsing the internet half of them think they'd be a good male vtuber and a part of them stubbornly stream to 3 viewers. Maybe it's time to stop if you're expecting to grow or make money with it.
They're like the retards moving to california during the gold craze to find out half of america did the same and that there's no gold.

>> No.387931

>>387364
But I am really good at finding gold

>> No.388192

>>387931
Keep me searchin' for a heart of gold
You keep me searchin' and I'm growing old...

>> No.389104

>>387364
A bad vtuber can become a good vtuber. But someone who doesn’t move to California at all definitely won’t find any gold.

>> No.389218

>>381822
Because bros get filtered by Anime designs but pandering to fujoshits is a hit or miss. Usually miss

>> No.389343

Most of Kanae's audience is male. The problem lies with western otaku tastes.

>> No.389615

>>389343
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYAuR5bkIlQ

>> No.389712

>>389343
Maybe its the EN male vtubers that are the problem? I bet a decent amount of the people watching female EN vtubers quite happily watch non avatar males and anime with male mc

>> No.389730

>>389343
Really? Interesting

>> No.390533

>>389712
I think it's more of EN viewer mentality, because there lots of viewer treat vtuber in same essence as anime.
People out there are quite serious with "Why are you watching male? Are you gay/cuck?" statement. At least that's my experiance is.

>> No.390560

>>383234
This. My viewers say that I'm entertaining but I don't exactly believe it in a world where everywhere is "good vibes only" so I'm hoping instead I can git gud enough for people who wanna watch me for that. I don't want to be fujobait.

>> No.390681

>>381822
kuzuha made fun of his retard classmate

>> No.390714

>>385486
I think he just has natural talent to back and forth with others and he has a unique voice that fits really well with his personality.

>> No.390798

>>385486
>>390714
nah more like he only got popular due to FAGS on /jp/ shilling him nonstop and forcing him to pander to the west and say their memes

>> No.391217

>>381822
Redpill incoming:
Men are the majority that superchat, problem is male, anime designs aren't masculine looking when extracted from anime. They're either boyish or feminine.

Men admire men who are masculine, cool, funny, or someone who can kick the ass everyone in the room. No one likes weak men nor do they like weak looking men.

>> No.391328

>>391217
Are you implied Male only do superchat?
Because as Yashiro viewer, i can assure you most of his viewer are male.

>> No.391353

>>389712
It is. I haven't seen a single EN male vtuber who has both a good design and a good voice (that fits the design).

>> No.391393

>>390681
uh based?

>> No.391502

>>391393
If it's about love letter clip, that friend deserve to be made fun of.

>> No.391599 [DELETED] 

>>383234
>because an avatar is not a buff for them.
>>391217
>They're either boyish or feminine.
foremost without an avatar,
The problem is they are not feminine and trappy enough.

>> No.391636

>>383234
>Men have to be entertaining first and foremost without an avatar, because an avatar is not a buff for them.
>>391217
>They're either boyish or feminine.
The problem is they are not feminine and trappy enough.

>> No.392270
File: 956 KB, 1139x1740, niji male.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

> Male vtubers aren't popular
> Male vtubers

Bet you only look for holostars.

>> No.392332

desu with vtubers getting more popular i ngeneral in the west, it will catch up with fujos just as much

just cater to them and you might be fine as a male chuuber

>> No.392412

>>391217
Bullshit because masculine avatars don't do any better

>> No.392428

>>389730
yeah, chronoir fans are mostly male, their main selling points are:
>they are both such bros
>actually good at games
>retarded improvs
>high frequency and length of streams

>> No.392493

>>392270
Nijisanji is the only agency that males can do well in

>> No.392592

>>381822
There are, for Nijisanji and independents. Hololive has so few because they want online idols instead of entertainers. Nijisanji is entertainment-based and doesn't treat their staff like idols

>> No.392805

>>392592
Most of hololive is entertainment-based as well and shifting further toward it with even AZKi doing some game stuff.
The big difference is really the number of members.

>> No.393198

>>392493
More like the only agency that has male collabs

>> No.394370

>>389730
It's really about game choice. Like >>392428
said, Kuzuha is still at 8:2, I think Kanae said towards the end of last year he's closer to 7:3 now, but it's because both spam Apex.

Gibara had 52:48 female:male during her Twisted Wonderland streams. If you want a female audience, play games that girls actually want to play.

>> No.394515

>>381822
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPhnNZzLIyE
I'll just leave this here

>> No.394649

>>394370
Gibara had that many female fans? Damn, that's a new one

>> No.395158

>>381822
You have to have a nice voice as a male, so people can listen to you in the background.

>> No.395917

>>394649
Her channel was mostly videos about the hottest new gacha game for females for half a year and she made some of the most popular videos about it. Her twitter is often her posting about that gacha game, fashion, disney, little girl anime like pripara, idolmaster and the struggles of being socially retarded. I assume a lot of female otaku types find all that quite relatable. The girls that were being shown at in the interviews before her concert were wearing the same type of fashion she posts about.

>> No.396048

>>381914
What's so appealing about them in particular? Not trying to be snarky about it, I just don't watch 2434

>> No.396216

male vtubers should do their own thing and find their own audience, copying what the girls do is retarded

>> No.396222
File: 107 KB, 915x1194, 116297418_615546396058329_5303813811081406391_o.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>381822
Because women want men throwing thier money at them, not the other way around.

>> No.396276

Can I post my voice and you guys tell me if it'd be good for a vtuber?

>> No.396362

>>396276
Are we your target audience?

>> No.396394

>>396276
Sure. Let's hear it.

>> No.396432

>>396048
see
>>392428
I got introduced to vtubers through holo clips and slowly gravitated to 2434 instead. As much as I want to support the girls and I still watch them from time to time I just find the nijimales more entertaining and more relatable. It's just actually a matter of preference, I just find them much funnier.

>> No.396435

>>396216
They've tried. At best, you can get a small but consistent fanbase unless you've already gotten one from a previous community.

>> No.396495

>>396394
can you give me some copypasta to read?

>> No.396614

>>396495
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D85284NRjzw

It's not so bad, but life used to be better.

I used to have a routine, y'know? Dolores would be around. She'd wanna go *out* on a Saturday. She'd wanna take the paper and go read it in the park. And now that Dolores isn't around, I could still do that but it's just... Sometimes it's hard to convince myself to go outside, so I decide to stay in. And it's not *bad*.

I have one of those recorders that records the channels on the t.v. so I can watch all my favorite shows and never have to worry about missing any of them, which is wonderful.

But, I can't lie and say I don't miss Dolores every once in a while. But it's mostly just the little things. Like when you're eating dinner and you look across the table and you expect your wife to be there, but then you remember that she's dead. That stuff. That kind of stuff is tough.

I remember she would always put the mustard on my sandwiches for me. And the other day, I made a sandwich and I forgot to put the mustard on and I took a bite into it and I was like, "Why isn't there any mustard on it?". And then I remembered: Dolores is dead. And I cried for hours, just hours, mourning my wife again. It was like the old wound just opened right up again. And I was crying for hours probably, just hours, y'know? Which was fine. It was fine. That's just part of life, y'know? To just cry for hours because your soulmate is gone and she's never coming back. And y'know, that doesn't depress me. It doesn't depress me at all, y'know?

And sometimes, the neighbors come knocking on my door and they tell me that I've been screaming in my sleep. I've just been screaming out, "Dolores! Dolores! I wanna kill myself without you!" But, listen, those people used to the loudest parties, y'know? And if I can't make a little noise myself, then that's just fair, y'know? It's just fair that I get to make a little noise myself. And its fine, y'know. I don't know, I don't remember the dreams when I wake up but I'd imagine that it's just me dreaming about my wife and how great life was when we were still both alive, when my life had more of a purpose in those days.

And, y'know, I look at her picture a lot. It's just that I look at her picture a lot. Because its right there, y'know, on the bedside and you wake up and go to bed and you're starting your day and ending your day with Dolores. It's hard not to look at the picture. She looks so beautiful in that picture.

But it's fine. It's fine. It's a part of life, y'know? That's part of how life goes.

I miss you, sweetie. I miss you so much.

I'm gonna do it.

Forgive me.

>> No.396636
File: 27 KB, 520x502, yashikizu.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>396216
Absolutely, yashikizu would be a great example, man has a wageslave for an avatar and a fucking generic voice but he's really interesting.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nf11ctcEk20&t=9s

>> No.396712

>>396614
this is way too long

>> No.396856

>>396636
oof

>> No.396878

>>396712
Then just do
> > And, y'know, I look at her picture a lot. It's just that I look at her picture a lot. Because its right there, y'know, on the bedside and you wake up and go to bed and you're starting your day and ending your day with Dolores. It's hard not to look at the picture. She looks so beautiful in that picture.

>> No.396896

>>396636
Kamiya Juu has a rags to riches arc planned.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6cinOQIXa8

>> No.397040

>>389343
I believe it's more profitable to simply become a regular streamer, showing your face and everything, rather than being a man vtuber in the west.

>> No.397480

>>396636
all the yamero in the chat when he is talking about why people go to university made me laugh

>> No.397549

>>396878
>>396614
https://vocaroo.com/1hNGNTCJVi4Y
wasnt really hoping for something fun to read but here i guess
also i cant read apparently

>> No.397713

>>396614
>>397549
stop being a lazy fuck. it barely took me any time

https://voca.ro/12MnbT1lXDMd

>> No.397820

o///o

>> No.397843

i wanna try too, give me a meme pasta

>> No.397868

Here you go

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I've been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I'm the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You're fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that's just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little "clever" comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You're fucking dead, kiddo.

>> No.398006

>>397868
Well I can’t not to.
https://voca.ro/13rdXaeYX4pD

>> No.398087

>>398006
based

>> No.398200

>>397713
Nice voice, but the emotion was kinda the same through the whole piece. I think you could have put some more feeling by the end.

>> No.398222

>>397549
I think you have a nice voice, and you played the emotion well. Keep up the good work!

>> No.398346

>>397868
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little indie? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Idol Bootcamp, and I’ve been involved in numerous collabs with Hololive, and I have over 300 confirmed superchats. I am trained in choreography and I’m the top singer in the entire Japanese entertainment industry. You are nothing to me but just another vtweeter. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of stalkers and doxxers and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that leaks the pathetic little thing you call your real life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can stream anywhere, anytime, and I can cancel on over seven hundred platforms, and that’s just with my own keyboard. Not only am I extensively trained in performance arts, but I have access to the entire arsenal of report buttons and hate mobs and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the internet, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.

>> No.398437

>Murasaki Shion looked at her clock. 7:00. It was time for her to stream. She let out a big sigh and rolled over in bed. "I can wait another 5 minutes, I'll just pretend I was sleeping in" she told herself. She hadn't slept for hours. She looked at her schedule on her phone. Today's stream was another shitty browser game. She sighed again. Before long she found herself looking through Kiryu Coco's twitter feed, frantically looking for mentions of her own name but to no avail. She turned back over and looked at the clock again. 7:30. She knew it was time to get up, but could still barely bring herself to climb out of bed. Not even bothering to turn on her light, she started up her computer and got ready to stream. Post-it notes covered the edges of her monitor, all filled with advice for herself. Things to say during the stream, things to avoid doing. Across the top of her monitor was the most important note: Be happy, even if you're just pretending. Holding back her tears, Shion put on her headphones and began the stream.
https://voca.ro/1859O09BxNy8

>> No.398794
File: 117 KB, 1526x396, 1603644311805.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>not posting /vt/ related lines
Not shitposting. This is serious. I think I genuinely need help. I really really want to fuck Hoshimachi Suisei. Something about her flat chest and her proud cute pure idol image really turn me on. I really want to rip off her idol clothes and expose how she's just a mere woman in front of me, whose only purpose is to be fucked as my personal whore. I want to ravage every inches of her little body as she tries to resist, only to realize how powerless she is against me. I want to fuck her in every possible position while groping her cute little tits, enjoying every seconds of her arousing moans. I want to fuck her for hours while she's thinking about how her fans will think of her, now that their cute comet idol is just a sex slave made purely for sex purpose. I want to whisper "Help will never come. You will never escape from here. Your idol career is over now and you'll spend the rest of your life as my personal sex slave" in her ear as she cries and struggles to escape until she eventually gives up. After I'm done with her, I won't even let her rest. I'll insert a rotor in her pussy and turn it on, leaving her moaning in my basement all the way until the next day, where I'll repeat this process over and over again until her mind is completely broken.
A few months ago I didn't really care about her, but somehow these past few days I keep thinking about fucking her. I don't know what triggered it but I'm fucking lusting after Suisei now. "Why can't I have a cute idol vtuber sex slave" these thoughts always appear at the back of my mind. Please help me to get her out of my head because I think I might actually go insane at this point.

>> No.398827

>>398794
this is just smut, you wont get this for free

>> No.398865

>>397713
>>398200
yeah, I get that. usually don't do emotional pieces. all my experience is in broadcasting so im used to being super neutral. ive had passing thoughts about streaming and i'd probably do some roman character to pass him off as a stoic

>> No.400347

>>398865
You should get into contact with both Papi Fubar and FalseEyeD, since they have experience with radio and podcasting.

>> No.401402

>>400347
will do. second guy seems more my speed though. honestly I barely watch vtubers. larping as soldier as i play the country in grandstrat & rts games sounds kinda fun tho

>> No.404018 [DELETED] 

I hate you cunts. No joke, no troll, no shitpost, I simply loathe this place now. Splitting off the general was a mistake because EN should have been banned on site. You're on par with 12 year olds idolizing your favorite youtubers, and yet you manage to be even worse because you think enjoying anime girls do the same thing makes you better than them. None of you have anything original in your heads. 5 posters will reply to the same comment acting as if you're so quirky but all say the same thing. The way you use reaction images and speed through threads is the style of posting that comes native to shitholes like /v/ and /sp/; is that a point of pride for you? 4ch isn't a site for rapid blogging, /jp/ especially. Go to twitter if you want something fast paced and in short bursts that no one wants to read. This is the only site where certain topics can have a home, and you're ruining one of the most sacred boards we have left. In the time it took to type that out, a few hundred posts will probably have been spammed, and a few hundred more will bury this soon. Because no one here wants to focus on topics and discuss, you shit out each and every thought that pops into your head as you think of it, desperate for validation. This one post alone has more effort put into it than dozens of others combined but since there's nothing in here for you to "meme" about, you'll almost certainly feel like reading this was a waste of time. If that's the case, shut off your computer and do something productive. The rest of us have wasted our lives already and want to be left in peace. There's a million different websites you can go watch pudepie as an anime girl make noises, you don't have to come here. Please, just go.

>> No.404411

who are the least unpopular western males? never really watched western vtubers but genuinely curious what the best looks like currently

>> No.404421

>>404018
ogey

>> No.404463
File: 202 KB, 463x453, 1612061196730.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>404018

>> No.404518

>>391353
most of them have girl avatars, and then "deep" (not actually deep just generic american voice) or an actual deep voice or are actually voiced by a girl

>> No.404633

>>404421
>>404463
Oh I saw the wall of text above me and I thought this was tab with the copypasta thread. Woops.

>> No.406375

>>404411
Izzimouse is genderfluid and he has about half a million subscribers on TikTok and anywhere between 200 to 1000 viewers on his Twitch streams.

xKittyMcPancakes seems to have a consistent amount of 100 or so viewers at any given hour that he streams.

>> No.406518

>>406375
is this trolling?

>> No.411631

>>406518
Why would it be?

>> No.412076

>>411631
the usernames and designs seemed gaia tier

>> No.412603

>>396048
They're generally way more interesting & funnier

>> No.412651

>>381822
Because women don't need to spend time watching people on the internet, they just go out to clubs and get drink and do sex

>> No.414575

>>396636
>more subs than most of the others
Good

>> No.414594

Holostars EN will never be a thing because if westeners want to watch a dude stream, they'll just watch 3D streamers. There's much less of a niche than for anime waifus.

>> No.416070

>>391328
Yashiro's got that caring parental archetype going for him though. Even if he isn't super masculine he's the capable father figure.

>> No.416117

>>381822
There are more straight men who are lonely autistic weebs than straight women or homosexual men.

>> No.416156

>>381822
Kuzuha has a cheat talent to make whatever he's doing interesting. The others are not so lucky.

>> No.416301

>>396222
This. It's the same reason why straight male camwhores arnet a thing, women don't pay for that shit, men do.

>> No.416384

I think a more interesting question is why are there so many men in western vtuber audiences that seem to think you have to be gay or female to enjoy male vtubers?

Is it because of hololive was the first exposure for a lot of people? I can't imagine the same sentiment being so common if it was nijisanji that got popular first where you practically can't avoid exposure to the males and learning why they're interesting.

>> No.416575

>>416384
Nijisanji is the anomaly. Even disregarding Hololive completely, just look at how many other companies are doing well enough with 100% female rosters, or just look at the difference between female indies having a shot at getting thousands of subscribers, while males are lucky to even get double-digit viewers. Most vtuber fans in general are simping males, so that's why people assume stuff about sexual attraction.

>> No.416891
File: 1.72 MB, 1638x2048, imagem_2021-02-09_103920.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I like baby boss

>> No.417305

>>416575
There are a fairly decent number of well known males outside of Nijisanji though. just off the top of my head Hal, Tenkaiji, Akkun, Baacharu, Monsterz Mate, Gatchman, Meika, Gorilla, Reid, Kerin, Peanuts then you have people like Tomari Mari, Magrona, Itou Life, Beatmario and whatever.

>> No.418060

>>381822
Replace Vtuber with onlyfans and there's your answer

>> No.418225

>>381827
huh

>> No.418527

>>417305
Fairyschan

>> No.418862

>>381822
Because the entire fad is a weird fetish thing for lonely otaku.

>> No.418951

Male vtubers existences make me uncomfortable. I don't want them and their shipper fans to flock around my favorite vtubers and draw disgusting shipping fanarts.

>> No.419386

>>416070
>Yashiro
>Father figure
You just watch him from subbed clip of DoKuzuHonSha aren't you?

>> No.419490
File: 728 KB, 805x1200, fuxdemon.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>418951
Relax, they're just pictures of friends

>> No.419566

>>418951
holostars aren't the only male livers and the fanarts are there because they collabed, nothing really offensive about that

>> No.420110

Is there a big male vtuber that speaks english? All the ones I saw were smaller than natsumi moe, not even reaching 50k subscribers.

>> No.420192
File: 142 KB, 1920x1080, EP8HbEjWoAM99TJ-orig.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>391636
>The problem is they are not feminine and trappy enough.
This, Kaoru was on a meteoric rise and raising holostars along with him, such a shame that both him and Kira are gone.
At least we still have Mashiro, but he doesn't stream much.

>> No.420468

>>420110
Yumeo at Nijisanji seems fairly proficient
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0vDLvkcuKc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omJPVjz3YEg

>> No.420562

>>420468
I know about him, but I wouldn't consider him an english vtuber since it's not his main stream language.
His songs are pretty good too.

>> No.420689

>>420562
Oh you meant main language rather than just being capable. Then yeah I have no idea.

>> No.421345

>>420110
For >50k subs, Taka Radjiman from Nijisanji ID
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZ5dNZsqBjBzbBl0l_IdmXg

I wouldn't say this clip is representative of how he normally is, but it always makes me laugh
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7Co2VoZLJE

I think half of the Niji ID guys can speak English, so maybe check them out.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlwDb9UKlww

And uh, the guy from Niji India is pretty much an English only streamer from what I've seen. I don't watch him myself, but just throwing that out there.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSYecNEAwK8

>> No.421640

>>420110
No big ones, just small ones.
But I refuse to post about them on here because of how retarded the average Anon is.
My advice is to search up VTuber on Twitch and YouTube and just ignore the women until you see a guy. Watch awhile and decide if he is good enough.

>> No.421762

He could also wait a bit for Niji EN to debut, there's probably gonna be a guy in it.

>> No.421831

>>421345
Yeah, Taka speaks rather well. Bonniver I believe can speak even better. He has shown competence in doing accents as well.
https://youtu.be/XfxJ_Pf6hCo
And I watched Rai's Little Witch Nobeta stream, bonk only, he understands English but is more of a broken speaker. He spoke did say the UBW chant "so as I pray" whenever he used the shrines, that was endearing.

>> No.421853

>>381822
Probably something about there being more men who are into anime than women so there's a smaller audience for male VTubers.

>> No.421891

>>421853
That's making the assumption that the audience for male vtubers has to be female, which isn't the case in Japan at least.

>> No.421921

>>391636
There's Masaru and Aki for trap vtubers but they're voiced by women so the male vtuber purists might not accept them.

>> No.422001

>>421762
I know there's a guy in it my boyfriend got accepted, it'll be a bit before the debut

>> No.422067

>>422001
I don't believe you but yes, it's probably gonna take some time still before the debut.

>> No.422135

>>417305
Vtuber shippers generally know their place, though.
They keep their shipping away from those who don't wanna see it by creating separate accounts for it and blocking the people they ship as well as most of the relevant parties. They also never use hashtags or names without censoring them in some way so that they're not caught by searches.

>> No.422395

>>422001
I get it, I was so happy my girlfriend got accepted into HoloEN!

>> No.423125

>>422001

fucked up to your boyfriend if you are telling the truth
but this gives you plausible deniability if you are

>> No.428128

>>404018
ogey i tried
nice wall of text, i realized i missed a whole line

https://vocaroo.com/17WO2rl6lbZM

>> No.434640

>>391353
I have been looking and I came to more or less the same conclusion. It might be hard for them to get noticed but it also seemed like almost all of the ones I saw didn't really have much worth noticing. All of them had some combination of a lack of significant talents or skills, not being particularly entertaining or funny, charisma of a damp towel, some of them even just had monotone typical autist type delivery. People that seemed to have just got an avatar, start doing streams and called it a day rather than having any kind of specific content they were aiming to make or ideas about what it is they could create that would make them worth watching or enable them to grow a substantial fanbase. Didn't really see anyone doing anything music related either when that seems to be just as common a part of being a male vtuber in Japan as it is for the girls.

>> No.434708

>>420468
hey he's pretty good

>> No.435113
File: 2.64 MB, 1920x1080, file.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>381822
We have Watame at least.

>> No.435210
File: 41 KB, 754x645, 20201221_173650.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>396222

>> No.435239
File: 305 KB, 1399x2048, Es7gO38VoAACHMl.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

In the western ENVTuber community, there is Takahata101 who used to be part of Team Four Star. He's pretty okay, and pulls some pretty good views on Twitch for a male vtuber.

>> No.435331

>>435239
wow a guy with a previous following retained his following?
what an amazing story of sacrifice and redemption..

>> No.435390

>>435331
Isn't this thread about male vtubers?

Even if he had a following before, that doesn't mean he isn't a male vtuber.

>> No.435891
File: 600 KB, 757x796, lanyuard.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>381822
I've been observing the whole scene for a while and I'm basically 100% certain that it's because most male Vtubers have no notable talent, gimmick, or even personality. There is nothing to distinguish them from the already male dominated real life streamer market. Female Vtubers have an advantage over real life females because they can actually be entertaining, they can have a personality and have fun playing a character. The real life male streamer market is already chock full of males who are funny and have a personality and a character, they don't need the anime avatar to be any of those things. Conversely, most male Vtubers just have the avatar, and almost nothing else, especially in the EN scene. The avatar lets the female play a character and thus reach the same level of entertaining as a male irl streamer, the male Vtubers have largely not figured out how to lever themselves into anime characters properly, because it's hard to have a more enthusiastic personality than the top of the male streamers. While any 15 year old on TF2 with a mic can have more charisma than most female irl streamers. The bar is set considerably higher for males because they already dominate the real life market with the same level of character but no anime. The Tokyo ghoul not only has his normal anime avatar, he actually has charisma, and a character. Most suitable males with his talents are already youtubers or streamers, Jerma, tyler1, Drdisrespect, etc etc. The ongoing failure of male Vtubers and even most indies is their own focus on the anime avatar, cause that's what they're attracted to. More than anything entertainment is what's important, and if you're not entertaining than the avatar is worthless. See VOMS, the biggest of whom has basically zero sex appeal, she gets by on sheer charisma. The best male streamers in terms of personality have more charisma than gaming skill, and the best Male Vtubers have an equal amount of gaming skill to charisma, but the biggest male streamers in general have more gaming skill than charisma. The audience for Vtubers doesn't want gaming skill necessarily, which is why there's such a huge overlap between people who like Hololive and Jerma.

TLDR: Male Vtubers are mostly people who lack charisma because most of the male streamers who have the level of charisma needed to be successful are already successful. A lot of them aren't even streamers, they're youtubers who already have sub counts in the millions.

>> No.436843

>>435891
Maybe also a relevant consideration but a good amount of the most popular japanese lets play youtubers and even some popular non vtuber streamers don't even use a real life camera instead of an avatar and are just a disembodied voice. So the vtuber avatar could kind of be seen like a supplement there rather than taking away your face and replacing it with a cartoon.

>> No.437160

>>435891
I don't get the tldr.
Are you saying male vtuber only got big because they already have tons follower before going vtuber?
Also saying that they don't have gimmick is mean you are not looking all.

>> No.437210

whats with the walls of text recently

>> No.437264

>>437210
Having lots of smaller threads on specific topics allows for the possibility of more substantial discussion?

>> No.437505

>>437160
Think the main point is that the people who become male vtubers especially in the west are people that don't have what it takes to be big. The people that do have what it takes are already doing it without an avatar so have no reason to become a vtuber.

>> No.437787

>>436843
This, lots of japanese streamer/youtuber are rarely show their face or their own voice during their video.

>>437505
What i don't get is that the post seems to painted that becoming male vtuber is negative for a streamer.
In some case people chose to became vtuber is because of privacy.

>> No.438033

>>437787
>What i don't get is that the post seems to painted that becoming male vtuber is negative for a streamer.
>In some case people chose to became vtuber is because of privacy.
The point is that the problem is that most male vtubers prioritize the avatar or the privacy, not the entertainment. They decide to become a vtuber first, and then they make content without any focus what makes a good show. Instead, they should think up how to be a good streamer first, then build the character last. I always point to Hololive EN as an example, where the members practically had whole careers in other avenues first for experience, then got recruited as vtubers. You need some sort of draw or talent to market to people first before you should come up with a persona.

>> No.438599

>>437264
If anything, we need more text. 4chan is such a shallow website.

>> No.438654

>>428128
thank you

>> No.441264

>>438033
Your example is a corporate vtuber who also got brand power with them.
There's lot of female Indie vtuber that just became vtuber because they can and they also struggling.
Look, your observation is somehow flawed, as there's a lot of male vtuber out there who focused on their gimmick and talent especially in japan. They exist and pretty big following, it just not Hololive number.

>> No.444599

>>441264
Uh... What? Both your examples agree with the post your responded to.
>There's lot of female Indie vtuber that just became vtuber because they can and they also struggling.
You just said here that women who don't have a ton of experience, and just decide to become fresh vtubers will struggle, reinforcing the point that you should get some sort of talent to succeed.
>as there's a lot of male vtuber out there who focused on their gimmick and talent especially in japan. They exist and pretty big following
And again here, you're saying that the Japanese male vtubers are doing fine as long they have talent.
The post your responded to was saying that if you don't have talent, you're gonna struggle. Western male vtubers are not polishing their talents, they just get an avatar and start streaming without any real skills or a plan, so they struggle.

>> No.445426

>>444599
His point are saying male youtuber always prioritizing everything other than entertainment, which is untrue.
Second he said HoloEN have draw or talent to market, which is true but not everyone has that brand or PR like that. Even if the person was talented and entertaining he/she would still struggle against one upcoming design of Hololive new member that hasn't even spoke a word.

>> No.445650

>>445426
>Cont'
All that i want to said is that are western Vtuber audience are willing to give or look at male Vtuber just like how they see a female Vtuber as an entertainment. Since you can't be grow or known if people didn't see you.
But given the sentiment like >>416384 said are everywhere, it's a harsh battle for male Vtuber to grow.

>> No.449471

>>435331
true but fuck you

>> No.452984

>>435331
That's the only way to be popular as a male. The other way is to slowly build an empire like Kongou is doing.

>> No.453067

>>452984
I watched a bit of that guy and he did make me chuckle a few times which is more than I can say for a lot of the others I have looked at.

>> No.453450

>>381822
Simping for females is already pretty gay.
Simping for a dude is at least 100 times gayer than that

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action