[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vt/ - Virtual Youtubers

View post   

File: 2.05 MB, 1920x1080, HololiveCouncil.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
36983816 No.36983816 [Reply] [Original]

If a new EN3 does come out before the end of the year, what will make you watch their streams? Like what are you guys looking for when they come out?
Am looking for someone who constantly streams or just loves to stream like with koyori/kaela. Someone that would give life to the branch.

>> No.36983860

>>36983816
EN doesn't really have a chill retro gamer type. The fact that one of these would likely be a hag is only a plus.

>> No.36983904
File: 1.70 MB, 1056x1356, 8B7CA86F-B577-46AF-915D-0C80A7E2B759.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

i’d want genuine idols who can sing and dance, i’ve always been curious what an EN idol would look like. i know gura exists but a group that’s entirely cute musically talented idols would be cool

>> No.36984008

>>36983816
I only watch vtubers who can't speak Japanese, so I'll give any EN3 a chance provided they can't.

>> No.36985711

>>36983816
EN3 should complete all the archetypes of the NLSS, now that they have an egg vtuber in council

>> No.36985759

I'd want real gaming streamers like Fubuki, Koyori or Kaela or if i can't have that a band of 5 like K-On

>> No.36985834

>>36983816
There won't be EN3 KILL YOUSELVES
ENOUGH IS ENOUGH
The rest of NOV IS HOLOX
THERE WILL BE NOTHING IN DEC BECAUSE CHRISTMAS OUTSIDE OF LATE DEC (yonkisei was a fluke) NOTHING WILL EVER HAPPEN

IF YOU'RE SO FUCKING BORED WITH EN GO BACK TO VSJ OR NIJIEN FUCK OFF

>> No.36986354

>>36983904
>Gura
>idol
I think you meant idle

>> No.36986469
File: 166 KB, 312x360, chsn.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

nude member streams

>> No.36986495
File: 1.46 MB, 1100x1100, reincarnate.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>36983816
I'm looking for them.

>> No.36986568

>>36983816
>what will make you watch their streams?
I want them to play 4X games and be creative with them.
>Like what are you guys looking for when they come out?
A chuuba that never breaks kayfabe and commits to the character they're supposed to play

>> No.36986674

Retro gamer. Please, someone that will play something old.
Failing that someone chill that can keep a regular schedule

>> No.36986818

EN catgirl. EN catgirl. EN Catgirl! EN CATGIRL!

>> No.36986844

First and foremost is that I want someone that makes it 100% clear they will never collab with males.
That alone would be enough, but being able to consistently stream + be actively entertaining is a bonus.

>> No.36987490

>>36983904
If that didn't happen with Council at the high of EN's popularity it won't happen with EN3. Tired of saying this but it's statistically impossible that there wasn't a single musician-type girl who auditioned for EN2 after seeing Mori's success, so if Cover didn't grab any of them before I find it increasingly hard they'll do it now, especially considering how EN isn't supposed to be idol focused for some retarded reason. At most you'll get people like Rrat and Mumei who have good singing voices but barely focus on the music side other than the periodic karaoke stream, a few covers here and there and a orisong once in a while.

>> No.36987656
File: 41 KB, 480x480, Fauna.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>36983816
No one will replace mommy. I will not watch en3. I miss her so much!!!

>> No.36988055

>>36983816
rolling for another wigger, a former twitch-thot and tranny

>> No.36988214

>>36983816
Someone who streams during EU primetime, so Kiara isn't the only one her has to cover for dead hours.

>> No.36988284

>>36983904
>. i know gura exists
Gura doesn't have the work ethic to be an idol
Gura can't dance
Gura offered to be a prostitute before
Gura has only released one original song in over 2 years

>> No.36988700

>>36988284
I hate to say this. But this might hold some truth to some extent. I mean, Gura probably lives a better life before, but some of the old habits are hard to break, especially when you have any incentive to do it.
Struggle can get out the best out of a person.

>> No.36989459

>>36988214
Vtubing isnt popular enough in yurop to warrant that

>> No.36990073

>>36989459
It's not AS popular, but it's hardly dead or anything. In fact, yurotubers get a decent amount of viewerships considering pretty much all of them are indies (since big corpos never hire them). Most of them are on twitch. I'm willing to bet that Cover hiring 3-4 vtubers to stream through european timeslots will be benificial enough and bring in decent revenue. Moreso than another group of Americans/Canadian/Aussie/Hafu to overlap eachother at the exact same 3 hour timeslots every day.

>> No.36992389

>>36990073
Considering how twice in a row we got a group of Americans/Canadians/Aussies/Hafus for HoloproEN you shouldn't expect anything different for EN3. At most we might get someone from England and England alone, or maybe a Scott/Welsh/Irish girl whose accent isn't too strong, but I doubt we'll ever get another member who isn't from an English-speaking country.

>> No.36992435

>>36983816
I want them to fucking stream.

>> No.36992690

>>36983904
What about irys?

>> No.36992704

>>36992389
If it's an accent problem, then that doesn't make sense to me. There are plenty of european vtubers who speak flawless english with almost no hint of a european accent. Think Kiara but even more fluent and less Austrian sounding.

>> No.36992844

>>36990073
just look up Kiara SCs and say that again. Kiara streams in EU hours and yet still gets way more $ than €

>> No.36992937

>>36992690
NTA but Irys is basically JP first and foremost. They only brought her onto the EN branch because she was an asset there as a bilingual talent.

>> No.36993078

I honestly have no idea, gave up completely on EN a month after council debut and I'm not a single bit interested in going back, specially now that my reps have gotten so much better that I can understand pretty much a whole koyo stream.

EN work ethic has been always a joke, but now you even gotta be careful about their collab with the faggots so yeah, no reason to give ENs a chance

>> No.36993124

>>36983816
If they collab with Tempus

>> No.36993640

>>36983816
I just want someone who's good at singing and does a lot of karaokes and zatsus. Love girls who sperg out over their interests I know nothing about

>> No.36993947

>>36992704
Yeah, and those types probably sent their auditions for EN2 and none of them were chosen. We'll see if EN3 has any variety in nationalities, but if it ends being once again American/Canadian/Aussie then we know Cover doesn't give a shit if you're not a native English speaker.

>> No.36994030

>>36992690
We literally don't know if IRyS can dance because they will never give her a model for it

>> No.36994058

>>36983860
Hags are the answer.

>> No.36994096

To be completely honest, Hololive clips don’t even show up on my recommendeds anymore because I watch them that little and don’t care about them anymore to that degree. Since the only time they ever even enter my mind anymore is when I’m /here/ and they show up in the catalog, they’ll probably have to catch other people’s interest enough to show up for me again.
Realistically, since I’m either indifferent to or actively dislike everyone currently in EN, the best chance is if someone collabs with someone I do care about outside the corpo. That’s mostly Phase Connect, and I’m not sure that that’s going to happen.
One thing that might help is covers of JP songs. I’ve noticed several indies and smaller corpos through their song covers, and it makes it more likely for their clips, and then their streams, to appear on my timeline. That could help. But since in my head, HoloEN is basically the Olive Garden of western vtubing now, I don’t think I’m likely to check them out on my own without a compelling reason. I’ve just gotten used to Hololive not being a part of my daily life anymore.

>> No.36994162
File: 570 KB, 720x720, 1657469082293.webm [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>36983816
>what will make you watch their streams?
A hag who is emotionally dependent on chat.

>> No.36994256
File: 234 KB, 368x355, 1642647423938.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>36983904
>I’d want genuine idols who can sing and dance
Kiara...

>> No.36994348

>>36992704
NERINE BROS IT'S FINALLY OUR TIME

>> No.36994785

>>36994256
I know Kiara can sing and dance. Bae definitely can. But Council doesn’t have 3D models and Myth doesn’t use theirs (because I can’t fucking stand the smol bullshit, as much as I respect Ame for doing that when it was taking forever to develop them).
They need to do more covers and fewer original songs. I know they’ve done some, they need to keep doing it and slowly build up an image of being singers and dancers again. I noticed that irys has started making more JP covers lately. She needs to keep doing that. If she wants to sing EN originals, she unironically needs to take a page from NijiEN’s or EARLY Mori’s book on that.
Basically, cover JP originals and then cover EN songs of stuff that isn’t weeb shit but that weebs also tend to like. For someone like Kronii, covering K-pop songs would actually be helpful, although I honestly don’t think Kronii would know how to handle it (ie, she’d probably get a bunch of new K-pop fans and not know how to keep those without alienating her already shrinking existing audience).
These are all a bunch of disorganized thoughts, sure, but HoloEN’s underperformance in the music side is starting to get really noticeable.

>> No.36995623

>>36994785
>slowly build up an image of being singers and dancers again
Never going to happen, and Cover itself doesn't seem to want EN to have this kind of image.

>> No.36997269

>>36995623
I truly think Cover has no idea what they’re doing desu. I think Myth being successful made them think they do understand the market when it was a combination of circumstances that made them lucky. That’s why I’m not super optimistic about EN3. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t think they’ll flop. I think those girls will do fine and be consistent 4views. But the fact that in my head, the standards for being a success is “4view” regardless of what corpo it is speaks to the fact that Cover’s been resting on their laurels so far.

>> No.36998141

>>36983816
I want someone with more unique or specialized game tastes so we don't get the same FOTM game streamed 5 times in a row by different people.

>> No.36998251

>>36983816
I will drop them all lol, council is such a "watch because they exist" GEN

>> No.36998371

i like zatsudan and podcast style streams. i like variety stuff like gameshows, deep dives into topics, book clubs, storytelling, cooking etc too. if possible, they should not hate their fans and should be evidently fond of streaming in hololive. also MINECRAFT I LOVE MINECRAFT. if there is a zatsu heavy holo that does lots of variety streams, is a minecraft autist, and likes streaming to her audience then ill be happy.

>> No.36998464

>>36983816
someone that does their thing and has the experience to not get thrown off by "le haters"

>> No.36998684

>>36983816
Someone who won't interact with males.

>> No.36999426

>>36998251
council has grown a lot. particularly mumei who is really comfortable on stream now and fun to watch. her chat interaction is great and her zatsudan is an experience. watching her resident evil today compared to something like the construction simulator autism from debut is like seeing two different streamers. mumei's singing is nice and she puts out lots of covers too. forgotten song is the best of them. she treats hoomans nicely and seems to actually care a lot.
fauna was the brains behind the holoween kino. fauna is good at storytelling and her rp asmr is really great. she is also very consistently on time and entertaining with expert chat management. i love her with mumei and gura and i love what she talks about too in her zatsu. her skyrim, goi, and minecraft are particularly good. a lot of people say that they don't like her voice but i like her unique cadence and how she tries hard to be an intellectual (at least relative to the rest of EN). she is also the type to take what she does seriously enough to not take her cat dying as an excuse to fuck off for a month.
IRyS's anime talk is entertaining if you like anime and her voice and laugh always makes me smile. her megaman recently was fun and her back and forth with chat is done well. her original songs have chuuni lyrics thanks to whatever song writers cover hires but she sings them well. her internet angel cover is probably my favorite one out of her as IRyS. she is cute in spite of her model and i can only imagine how much she will incline after her 2.0
I dont watch kronii and bae as much but kronii is funny when with snot members and bae has lots of memorable projects like her baewatch and the halloween vr collab.
i think most of all they have good synergy with each other which makes them work well as a gen. sana was dead weight at the beginning and mumei took a while to get used to it but now they are pretty solid and worth watching due to their own merits.

>> No.36999618

>>36983816
Stream quality > Quantity

I'd take a girl that embraces CGDCT but only streams 2 times a week over a cocksleave "own the haters" type that streams 5 times a week.

>> No.36999979

>>36983816
I want
EN koyo
EN Kanata
EN Botan
EN Pekora
EN Nene

>> No.37000027

>>36997269
Cover's biggest mistake was trying to push EN as something different from HoloJP. People who watched Hololive at that point already understood the appeal of it, and pretty much everyone who auditioned for the first gen knew what they were getting into (with a few lucky exceptions). But they went hard with "EN is not supposed to be idols but just normal streamers under the Holopro banner" bullshit, which only got worse by not simply calling EN gens "Gens", and then we got the month long retarded lore buildup they made for Council only for it to end on a whimper and having one of them graduate not even a year after debut. And don't get me wrong, I won't go on the whole "Myth is better than Council" bullshit because I ended up watching the latter more than the former, but I can see that it's pretty debatable if the 5 of them were the best possible candidates for EN2, and even if they got better than they were back on debut the fact that none of them have a third of the music output that Mori has just shows that for some cursed reason Cover really didn't want someone who pushed this envelope for EN, while Holox came in with covers on debut for almost all of them, Chloe went on a 3/4 month spree of short orisongs and in general they've done much more on the area (that was supposed to be Hololive's strength) than Council. It's more than likely that EN3 will have 5 mediocre streamers that might get better over time and a couple of them will have nice singing voices but no actual passion for it or drive to pursue anything remotely close to the idol route.

>> No.37000057

Someone that bullies the other EN members, especially Mori

>> No.37000169
File: 235 KB, 1280x720, maxresdefault (5).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I want the EN version of this

>> No.37000368

>>36988284
She said it out of indignation of what was being said not making an actionable statement

>> No.37000529

>>37000169
EN needs a pekora and koyori/kaela the most. Aka passionate to the art of entertainment and a hard working streamer.

Unfortunately that just as rare as the unicorn friendly streamers that people want in here

>> No.37001400

>>37000027
I want to preface this by saying that I haven't been holding back on shitting on Cover, as I'm becoming increasingly convinced they have no idea what they're doing and all of their success outside of Japan has been due to sheer, dumb luck.
That said, this shit really is hard. Especially when you're talking about something like content creation, where there aren't any guarantees or hard and fast rules, and success depends entirely on what the fanbase thinks, and even they have no idea what they really want sometimes. For things that come from a foreign culture, like anime (or kpop, BBC TV shows, Latin pop music, Bollywood, *anything*), it's really hard. On the one hand, you do have to fit it to local tastes. On the other hand, the reason people outside the country like it in the first place is that it's foreign and exotic. If you do it right, you end up like k-pop, which manages to be big in the west, in the Philippines, and even fucking India. If you do it wrong, you end up like 4kids, where people celebrate your demise and treat you like Hitler reincarnate.
Cover was right in that HoloEN can't be totally like HoloJP. What they went wrong with was what needed to change to suit local tastes and what needed to stay the same. The meta needed to stay the same, the content needed to change.
In a deep sense, "Could You Please RIP" and a lot of Mori's early songs were an example doing it right. IRyS's original songs were an example of doing it wrong. The former was an example of making western content feel like a western version of weeb music, the latter is just shoehorning JP shit into a context where it doesn't work.
That said, even typing that, I realize that it's not immediately intuitive at first glance. I guess what I'm trying to say is that you expand to international audiences by making them feel like stuff they already like can count as "otaku" media too, not trying to take the super niche shit that filters newcomers and force it to fit into the new country. People who want the original can always just watch JP/listen to Vocaloid/watch fansubs. You want to make normalfags feel like otaku culture isn't that different from what they already like.
And to keep it from just being watered down into normie nonsense, the strategy isn't to gatekeep, because that never works in the long run. You don't want to have gatekeepers, you want to be careful about where you *put* the gate so that the people you don't want get filtered naturally.

>> No.37001508

>>36990073
I meant it more in the sense of europe not caring for idol culture. They do have vtubers, quite a few popular ones, but most are what anons would call thots. You know, girls who dont make a secret out of having a boyfriend, being themselves in all of their crude, unseiso glory. Even face revealing isn't as big of deal for them. So yeah, a completely different appeal.

>> No.37001553

>>36983816
I'm looking for someone who will collab with males frequently. and I want them to flirt on stream, duet love songs, and to be shipped by clippers and artists
I'm a teamate btw

>> No.37001637
File: 111 KB, 688x432, 1617919578537.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>36983816
Someone who regularly does watchalongs would be nice
Ame does them and doesnt lock them behind members only like the rest of EN, bless her
t. /tv/vt/

>> No.37001710

>>36994162
Solid gold idea

>> No.37002538

>>36983816
Someone like indie whorca with cummerbait design but also hardcore pandering to unicorns

>> No.37004590

>>36983904
Gura constantly lies to her fans, doesn't communicate with them, doesn't hype anything up (not effectively, anyway) acts like a slut, is lazy as shit, and hardly releases any music. She hesitates to share even the most basic details about her life with her audience and only love bombs them when she's been away or like when something like Tempiss debuts happen which is just transparent and fake as hell. Instead of getting a different place to stay at when Mori offered, she stayed at the same place a party full of booze and drugs took place. She had undoubtedly communicated with Tempisss since they share Discord servers and managers and still openly acts like they don't exist. She always comes up with lazy, bullshit excuses for why she cant stream or read supas.
Gura will never be an idol.

>> No.37004804

EN3 is not coming

>> No.37004870

>>37004804
God, I sure hope so. This branch needs to be left to rot already.

>> No.37008977

someone witty and proactive would be nice. for entertainers a lot of them sure don't know how to roll with the punches.
in games most of them are a bit too timid to do this or that thing and it's kind of annoying. makes me want to see someone who aims a little higher.

>> No.37009185

>>36983816
If they don't stream at least 5 times a week and have a nice voice I won't even give them a chance, why would I waste my time on someone who's just after a money grab and not putting in any effort when I can watch a 3 view who genuinely cares, is entertaining and is trying to make their dream come true

>> No.37009325

Most of all what I want is an actual cohesive group and not 5 random people who fucking hate each other and only collab once ever 3 months to sell a fucking cup

>> No.37009360

vtubing is done for in the west, no new gens are coming for the big corpos
Hololive Degenerate Eta has begun, it's all downhill from here. If you want novelty, go check indies or smaller corpos.

>> No.37009910

>>36983816
English Botan, English Botan, ENgLish Borta

>> No.37010013

>>37009910
Oops, had a stroke
Also yeah, I agree with >>37009360
, this Vtuber thing is drying up

>> No.37010289

>>36986354
seething and rent free.

>> No.37011841

>>37000057
You want a black rm

>> No.37012271

>>36983816
There is no point. HoloEn is dead and buried. Nothing can save it. Gura is the only thing keeping that branch afloat but even her is beginning to sink. They'll never recover from Tempiss.

>> No.37012598

>>36983816
Hags

>> No.37014770
File: 347 KB, 776x665, winner.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>37004590
it seems my superiority has led to some controversy

>> No.37016278

>>36983816
Either an actual gamer or someone that likes to sing often. Otherwise I'll stick with Kronii

>> No.37016382

>>36999979
Just watch
JP Koyo
JP Kanata
JP Botan
JP Pekora
JP Nene
If you want the same exact thing.

>> No.37016465

>>36986495
Based, but they should get their own arm as HoloTourguides

>> No.37017434
File: 88 KB, 850x1185, __inaba_haneru_774_inc_and_1_more_drawn_by_sch__sample-c3808f8fee3a3633673dd38f9e2b3d87.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>36983816
A creatividad that also able to organize interesting collabs like miko and haneru instead of just throw everyone into jackbox/overcooked and being 20 minutes late because 90% of the time ENs halfass their big collabs
Not gonna happen however, whoever in charge of handling the audition/scouting only cares if she is hungry for dicks instead of having a talent starting from holoEN3 and above

>> No.37017762
File: 397 KB, 729x706, 1645078817823.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

If you get a retro game streamer then maybe I'll actually watch Holo EN. On the other hand it'll probably be inundated with Nintendo games rather than strike a balance. It won't happen so I'll continue not watching.

>> No.37022003

>>36999618
This.

>> No.37022116

Do you need to swim through the jp permission autismo to play dead ass retro kusoge from defunct companies aswell?

>> No.37026349

>>36999618
jokes on you you will get cocksleeves that barely stream

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action