[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vt/ - Virtual Youtubers

View post   

File: 462 KB, 1742x408, 13E87245-A172-46C0-BABD-E4E330A37EC8.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
3694509 No.3694509 [Reply] [Original]

Should Vtubers operate their own clip channels? Or rather, should companies like Cover invest in hiring people to curate and highlight post clips to their channels? If yes to either, should companies also pursue copyright strikes on non-official clip channels?
I have noticed some streamers, including Vtubers upload their own clips (such as CodeMiko and Nyanners) so this is not unprecedented. Would it be wise for Hololive girls to follow their example?

>> No.3694565

>>3694509
it would be good for them to have clips on their own channels, but third-party clippers should still exist.

>> No.3694583

>>3694509
Having stream highlights wouldn't be bad for each girl but they shouldn't strike down clip channels either. Let clippers be clippers and have just the ones doing bad translation jobs be dealt with

>> No.3694606
File: 148 KB, 300x300, 1612809242087.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3694509
Koopa uploads clips on her own channel, especially since dedicated clipper channels for small indies are practically nonexistant

>> No.3694792

>>3694509
Some vtubers and companies have tried this. And it made me realize the people they hire to select clips either don't know what the fuck will be popular and/or don't put any real effort into their jobs.

>> No.3694916

>>3694509
Yes, Many channels do highlight/clipping because of the demand for them.

>> No.3695109

>>3694606
Why does she look like she's about to kill me?

>> No.3695149

>>3694509
There's no reason to waste money and time doing it, the only problem from clip channels are the ones damaging the idol's image, which can easily be taken down if necessary

>> No.3695259

Didn't we talk about this the past week?

>> No.3695748
File: 63 KB, 600x600, 1616504102851.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3695109
She forgot to take her meds again.

>> No.3695873

>>3694509
>Should Vtubers operate their own clip channels? Or rather, should companies like Cover invest in hiring people to curate and highlight post clips to their channels?
both
Unfortunately companies play it extremely safe with their own clips, if companies were the only clippers you will never have the 'Miko nigga'.
Its very unfortunate that some third-party clippers are extremely cancerous.

If anything companies should be sneaky enough to hire their own 'anonymous' clippers to clip all the content that to edgy to go up on the company Youtube and to clip all the bad highlights of their competitors.

>> No.3696355

That's inefficient.
With independent clippers, only the ones who consistently select clips that will gain attention will rise to the top, whereas with company based clippers you'd just have whoever was given the job.
Indie clippers will also often choose stuff that might be a little yab and wouldn't be displayed by an official clipper.
Overall it's just much more effective to let people make clips themselves if growing the audience of your talents is your priority.

>> No.3696537

>>3694509
Clips made by random Youtubers are good promo. They’re the reason why Hololive got so popular over here in the first place. If they suddenly started striking down those random clips, Covers reputation might be damaged in the process.

>> No.3699185

report low quailty clickbait clips with shitty translations
don't let these scum make easy money lol

>> No.3699966

>>3695109
You couldn't impreg her

>> No.3700031

>>3694509
>all my clips are lewd!?!
>yesterday's stream

>> No.3701057

>>3694509
>Should Vtubers operate their own clip channels?
>I have noticed some streamers, including Vtubers upload their own clips (such as CodeMiko and Nyanners) so this is not unprecedented. Would it be wise for Hololive girls to follow their example?
No for many reasons, one is extra work that you can put on improving your performance instead, two is that usually clippers know what to clip, the chubas themselves or the companies don't and I have seen this several times before, specially with literally whos, if your channel is unknown your clip won't be seen retard and if on top of that the clip is bad but you think it is good rest assured you will be ignored from now and on, you will have more luck if some known clipfag notices you but for that you have to be good in the first place, and three they do it for free

>Or rather, should companies like Cover invest in hiring people to curate and highlight post clips to their channels?
>If yes to either, should companies also pursue copyright strikes on non-official clip channels?
No, cover has the best approach on this actually, why waste money on something that it's already done for free? instead they invest in their own official channel to provide more extra content, the hologra, the events, recently the lo-fi songs, all of that feels like a better investment.
And they use the copyright shenanigans when some clipfag get uppity which I think is the best approach too.

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action