[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vt/ - Virtual Youtubers

View post   

File: 361 KB, 2048x819, Luxiem.full.3561027.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
33630094 No.33630094 [Reply] [Original]

I've been watching the Tempus boys lately and I'm starting to understand the feeling of wanting boys and girls separated. Every time the Niji boys have a collab there's usually a woman involved, and I didn't really care about it at first because I am not a gachi, but the dynamic Tempus has together with just the 4 of them is really different than when women are involved. I've watched some of the Luxiem only collabs and I miss that dynamic now. I don't mind cross-gender collabs, but I do wish the Niji boys would just stick to themselves sometimes.

I'll say I don't really like the fujobaiting though, despite being a fujo, it feels disingenuous.

>> No.33630279

Wait for Niji's Gamer wave, they're gonna be like Tempus

>> No.33630343

The way I see it, it's like when one of the boys brings the girlfriend along without anyone inviting her. You don't need to be in love with anyone to find that this situation is not ideal and a downgrade from hanging out with the boys.
But the current woke meta tries to deny that there are any differences between men and women, so they'll pretend the inevitable and uncomfortable to watch sexual tension that forms in opposite sex friendships doesn't exist.

>> No.33630586

>>33630343
I think sometimes is fine, but ultimately I don't want them falling in love with each others, you know?

>> No.33630646

>>33630586
>with
Careful now. That kind of think means you're an incel

>> No.33631191

It's obvious to anybody (who didn't swallow the woke pill with the entire bottle) that:
- women by themselves
- men by themselves
- women and men together
engender three very different group dynamics.
It's the entire reason GL and BL genres exist and are popular, plus milder variants such as Cute girls doing cute things.

The problem we are facing is that Hololive & Holostars were born and operated for years as the first two, garnering their own loyal following and being relatively successful at that, but now some dissidents (either members or more likely management) are trying to turn it into the third, without understanding or caring that they will break existing dynamics and fanbases.

It's quite sad and I feel your unhappiness.

The reason why in men it generates not just displeasure but pain (as evident in this board) is because of the strong feelings of exclusivity that men are inclined to develop towards romantic interests, including pretend ones, like idols. Also called jealousy.

>> No.33631219

>>33630646
By definition I am, but... idk, I'd still watch them, I just prefer them by themselves. I will say I love the collabs Selen has because she's DIFFERENT.

>> No.33632538

>>33631191
These people probably believe yaoi and CGDCT are problematic

>> No.33633031
File: 405 KB, 2048x1152, 1659614843537399.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>33630094
Damn I thought I was the only one who felt like this. I don't even mind the "fujobaiting", it's cute and most of it is just fucking around like bros do with each other and not taking into account whether it appeals to women or not. I've learned to appreciate the fanservice because I know we don't really get something like that anywhere else so I choose to enjoy the show they put on.

I remember long ago when Luxiem was getting big and every time a female popped into a call or it turned into a sudden unannounced collab the viewer count dropped drastically. Sometimes by a couple hundred, sometimes by well over a couple thousand. I never thought they noticed this but Vox mentioned it in his Minecraft stream before break. There's a part of me the always hoped they'd collab with women a lot less if they noticed but it never really happened. It's why I wish for more male vtubers, at least then I'll have options whenever a woman decides to invade one of the boys' streams.

I love Luxiem with all my heart and these boys mean a lot, I don't think I'll ever drop them, but I really wish there were more options out there. I don't too feel sorry for all the whining over the clock woman; it's sad to lose an oshi and no one could replace them but you still have options and it's not the end of the world.

>> No.33635659

>>33632538
they aren't but outright harassing the talents is problematic and there's a lot of troublemakers looking to break containment to prove that

>> No.33635900

>>33631191
Girls can get jealous too. See the drama when Reinu entered one of Vox's ASMR roleplay streams.

>> No.33635968

>>33630094
i‘m glad people are finally talking about this. i wish there was a male vtuber group that didn‘t interact with women on an almost daily basis like luxiem and tempus do. it‘s not even about being parasocial or whatever, their dynamic is just not the same when they have women around and it makes watching them less enjoyable.

>> No.33636622

It's only a matter of time before more women start to feel this way and only then will we see a turning point.

>> No.33636669
File: 405 KB, 1232x1586, E180D78F-ED91-443F-9D3B-BEEB6C2DF67E.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>33635968
>a male vtuber group that didn‘t interact with women on an almost daily basis like luxiem and tempus
>tempus

>> No.33636734

Anyone who truly watches Tempus knows that the “fujos” here are full of shit.

>> No.33636902

>>33630343
I hyped playing wow with a friend and when we get in he fucking logs in with his gf who was never mentioned before. It absolutely ruined my day and I obviously don't want to fuck anyone involved. I really hope Tempus boys will dial it back. Their 4 way content is so good, starsJp collabs are good too, but it's just not the same when they inject girls they barely have chemistry with in like fucking Ollie.

>> No.33637077

>>33636669
the only tempus member that doesn‘t have weekly collabs with holoEN or ID is axel. your point? the girls have been abusing the fuck out of that lifted collab ban.

>> No.33637106

Fujos are much more used to male/female clash and pushing through with delusions regardless so I don't think it really affects them as much. It still does and they end up hating the women/female characters that interact with the guys they like or want to ship

>> No.33637257

>>33637106
Fujos are the most rabid bunch dude. Nobody in the vtubing industry has had it as bad as the ones that drew the ire of fujos, except maybe FBK with chinks I guess.

>> No.33637299

>>33637257
Fujos are bad, but they're still a step below irl stalker fans.

The number 1 rabid fans though are the kpop fans in korea.

>> No.33638259

>>33637299
Don't those overlap heavily with fujos though? I feel like they're a subspecies of fujo, bred for maximum aggression like some kind of cursed war hound.

>> No.33638360

>>33638259
From a sasaeng:
"I feel like I get to know more about and get closer to the idol I love. If I go to a concert, there are thousands of people attending, so the idol would not know who I am. But if I become sasaeng, they will recognize me. If I keep telling them, 'I am so-and-so. I saw you at that place before. I am so-and-so', they will start to take note of me and ask 'Did you come again today?' To sasaeng fans, being recognized by idols is a good thing.[3]"

I don't think sasaengs overlap with fujos.

>> No.33638663

>>33638360
The amount of stalking in south korea has tripled in 2021

>> No.33639584

>>33630094
i find it pretty interesting that for once we have a male-watchers perspective on this topic

for me personally i dont mind the girls, but i will only watch a girls-only or solo stream from them if its something like an outfit reveal. if my oshis are there for a collab i might tune in for a bit but i cant really completely enjoy it like i would a male-on-male collab.

the only time i get really pissed off is if they actually do start discussing my oshi in a romantic/sexual light or flirting as a joke and saying something along the lines of "oh noooo his fans are gonna get me" like GOD shut up

>> No.33641212

>>33639584
that last paragraph is literally just reimu

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action