[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vt/ - Virtual Youtubers

View post   

File: 49 KB, 637x358, haach.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
276954 No.276954 [Reply] [Original]

>think women can't be funny
>get hooked on vtubers
>they're funny
am i getting blue pilled

>> No.276974

>>276954
Theyre funny only because they work you out with their feminity

Also most of their funny comes from them being absolutely retarded and air-headed

>> No.276975

>>276954
>women

>> No.277120

Turns out social retards know how to make other social retards laugh

>> No.277140

The traditional route of the career funny man, stand up, tv writing, maybe getting your own show one day, women are often not very good at this. Exceptions exist but they are usually gay or not very feminine or mentally ill or something. It results in people like Samantha Bee, just dreadful.

This is a type of comedy that isn't nearly so rooted in the sense of humor of old Jews and black guys so they do a lot better here.

>> No.277150

>>276954
the fallacy here is that female vtubers != women.

>> No.277245

It's cosy banter. Not exactly comedy, per se.
My seething hatred of the eternal femoid, may have been slightly alleviated though. This had better not be a trap.

>> No.277310

>>276975
>>277150
>>>/v/

>> No.277397

There's an evolutionary connection of having shared laughter with someone making you enjoy their company. The humor for the most part, is not forced or planned out like you would see on talk shows/tv/whatever. A lot vtuber humor is them being klutzy, silly, and more down to earth.

You see them giggle at their own unintentional goofiness, you can't help but do the same because its relatable. Genuine day-to-day silliness.

>> No.277405

>>276954
There are funny women but the female otaku side and the male otaku sides of internet have been isolated. Vtubers might actually close that gap

>> No.277454

Women can't be real comedians since they will never truly require to win people over that way but they can definitely be funny. A vtuber can have the cutest avatar in the world but if they can't entertain properly then it won't be as successful. As it happens, the role of a streamer works much better if it's a cute anime girl. Instead of: embarassing overacting 20 something dude/ethot with the occasional funny moment, you get: thematically appropriate animeish acting combined with introvert girls who act cute when they're not being buffoons. The comedy isn't great but the smiling kawaii girl helps pave over the boring parts of a set that a stoic gamer dude doesn't.

>> No.277470

>>276954
women can very rarely be funny
generally other cultures are funny
therefore women of other cultures are generally funny
it just works

>> No.277492

>>277470
My gut instinct is to say that’s retarded but it does make sense. Interesting take there.

>> No.277507

women can be funny when they try to entertain men
women won't be funny when they try to entertain other women

>> No.277724

Vtubers are able to bring a brand of comedy back that isn't entirely dripping with sarcasm and irony. They can do this precisely because they're female. If we take haachama cooking and compare it to How To Basic then we can see one channel basically playing a live version of the anime girl who can't cook trope while the other is so deliberately "insane" and "deranged" that it feels like a computer trying to reach humor's logical conclusion. Your head can laugh at the cutie because you are already in a state where the bar is lower. The comedy isn't included, it's extra. How To Basic is supposed to make you laugh but if you go in expecting things set to 11 then there's less to be surprised by and thus less to react to. As long as vtubers don't poise themselves as outright comedians, they can have low pressure chillout streams that may have a clip or two's worth of funny content.

>> No.277755

Jesus fuck there are 13 posters and they all basically came to the same unanimous conclusion

I guess common sense isnt rare in this place

>> No.277763

The only funny vtuber is the Orange, I'm not being ironic.

>> No.277790

>>276954
When women can no longer rely on their looks, then they can become funny.

>> No.277814

>>277755
Don't make me soijak you.

>> No.277892

They aren't funny, you just think they're cute. If you saw a real girl do and say the exact same things as a vtuber you would probably call her a whore or a thot.

>> No.277903
File: 241 KB, 960x1124, 1607089293625.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>276954
It's because vtubers irl are usually uggos, tomboys or autistic social inepts. Those types are often treated almost as if they're male by society, so they also develop male coping mechanisms such as sense of humor.

>> No.277999

>>277814
The literal distinct niggers who lurk this place have plenty of awareness of the chubbas dynamics and appeal and how it separates from wom*n, like it is actually something they have pondered about before
>>277903
Acting feminine instead of acting like a testosterone whore or a flat uninteresting bitch is considered to be socially inept

Their sense of humor probably comes from their higher than average sense of awareness,which it is an a common trait for somewhat talented individuals, they being between the most talented of the hordes of retards applying to that kind of livehood

>> No.278008
File: 36 KB, 1280x720, maxresdefault.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>277492

>> No.278218

Japan has a much smaller talent gap regarding entertainment level media between genders. Some of my favorite mangas are made by chicks. In comparison, Western entertainment made by a women is mostly straight up garbage as if all they have to offer is their gender. The disparity is much bigger globally when you get to higher art but that's besides the point for streamer trash. If they are only competing against other women then they do not have a chance to adopt some horrible mind set of holding back women's rights or not pushing enough boundaries. They can only think in terms of how to get people to stick around with their personality. Go figure, laughter works great at winning people over.

>> No.278358

>>278218
I think feminism is more or less directly responsible for this. Pre-feminism, the West actually produced female artists of worth. Less of them maybe, but you had Mary Shelly, Beatrix Potter, Jane Austin, a lot of good musical and acting talent. But now everything is filtered through this lens of feminism, and any women with creative instincts are being gaslit into doing this trite "female empowerment" shit, that appeals to no one, speaks to no fundamental human truths, and has no real lasting appeal, because it's the artistic equivalent of a turd on the floor. Only designed to be "subversive" which is to say offensive. Either you like it because you want to offend, or you dislike it because it offends you. It has no real virtue of it's own. It's just a weapon.

>> No.278472

>>278358
"female empowerment"

Actually shift women away from their own biological nature

promoting "empowerment" to women is basically degenerating the female brain, similar to giving feminine propaganda to males, it degenerates into mental illnesses

But since western society says people should act like bugs there is no room to respect biological calls and ways, this mostly for the plebeian working class

Chubbas are appealing because they give themselves to their own feminine nature, estrogen females instead of degenerate testosterone ones

>> No.278686

>>278472
Yes, it's all bullshit on such a scale, it's hard to even know where to begin dissecting it. You turn men into women, you turn women into men, you turn everyone against each other, and you call it progress when the birthrates plummet, suicide skyrockets and no one can come together for five seconds to organise against their masters.
Sorry, what was this thread about?

>> No.278756

>>278358
>>278472
I mean yeah but we're just talking about vtubers here. It's not meant to be anything other than raw entertainment. It's just nice to see girls actually being creatively competitive even in EN groups. Maybe that's a sign of how fucking bad things have been that anime girls doing oopsies on the internet gets a more genuine reaction out of me than 95% of the entertainment industry. I think that dedication to keep things light and positive is very necessary to maintain it though.

>>278686
I believe the topic was are women funny? I think the conclusion here is that women can be funny but politically motivated and empowered FEMALES cannot be.

>> No.278776

>>278686
Chubbas being appealing

>> No.278792

the final redpill is realizing that everything they do will not be funny if they were men

>> No.278845

>>277140
What type of comedy would you call this?

>> No.278911

>>278792
I mean, you're not wrong but calling that an issue is to say that women and men should be treated equally which is impossible. For example: it is possible to make a joke out of a supposedly pure girl uttering something lewd on accident. The joke simply doesn't translate between sexes as well. Granted it's not the height of comedy but the topic isn't whether men are funnier than woman but rather are women even capable of humor.

>> No.280380

>>278358
>>278472
>>278686
One outcome might be that a chuuba actually decides to pick a partner out of her admirers. Like the manliest man of merit that fits her preferences.

>> No.280414

>>278756
Striving to be an idol is to strive for goddesshood. The best version of yourself that you can be. Admired, desired and idolized by many.

>> No.280434

>>278911
Double entendres are jokes for men too. But they have a different connotation.

>> No.280450
File: 220 KB, 1185x1842, EtIW3ACVgAIFNF1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

An entire thread of cringelords coping with their mysoginy being challenged, lol roflcopter

>> No.280471

>>278845
Basically all vtuber comedy is improv

>> No.280486

They do slapstick and skit humor just fine.

The issue is when they try that modern american shite standup but even men aren't funny in that anymore so who cares.
>muh drugs, muh safe but harsh-toned mainstream liberal political views, muh family issues, muh well-timed men are from mars women are from venus storytime
vs
>muh vagina, muh ethnic background, muh hate of whitey/males, muh we don't have to be funny let's just rant about less popular mainstream political views and shame our audience into not critiquing it
Standup died when Lenny Bruce became popular among standup comedians.

>> No.280502

>>280486
GI go home

>> No.280560

>>277120
>>277120
this
You don't see anyone laughing at nyanners because she's a normalfag

>> No.280897

>>276954
>vtubers
>women
OH NONONONONONO BAWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAAH WHO'S GONNA TELL HIM

>> No.280963

>>280897
>he never saw a single roommate pic
I envy you

>> No.281048

>>280897
cope artemisfag

>> No.281302

>>280897
>no roommate knowledge
literal child, please go back

>> No.281335

>>280897
Lurk for however long it takes to not be the way you are anymore.

>> No.281978

>>280560
do not speak of the judas outside of their containment threads or I will smite you down

>> No.282569

>>280897
ebin

>> No.282595

>>280897
2017 called, it wants its joke back

>> No.282602

>>276954
3D women cant
2D women can

>>
Name