[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vt/ - Virtual Youtubers

View post   

File: 24 KB, 357x330, imsofdup.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
25827481 No.25827481 [Reply] [Original]

Something was revealed to me last night, that for all my posturing about loving and wanting to support her platonically,
I had a dream where my oshi was posting JOI on some secret forum she invited me too.

Literally just the day before I had sent a birthday letter.
What I believed to be as heartfelt a message of support as I could muster, despite being totally autistic and a bad writer.
I 'thought' I was being honest.
Totally hacking my guts up, I cried like some good little cuck after finishing it.

But is this just total fucking bullshit and I'm just horny? Are men just cursed like this?
I unironically believed in myself, that I could love her as my oshi without it crossing that line.

What the fuck do I do. I also blame her for being a typical ENtuber, and bringing up shit like
>teehee benis cum dick
>You wanna be my boyfriend? Eww no way

But shes not that flirty, she dogwhistles gfe and panders, and thats about it.
Its not like shes some sex fiend like Tulsi, whos design is pure coom. That I could get. I fell anyway.

Do I just give up and start lusting after her?
Or do I attempt to control myself, knowing I have unfulfilled urges.

As a man, I feel pathetic. Right after promising to be her biggest fan, my subconscious just immediately tells me what I actually want is to coom.
Is this really all there is in the end?

>> No.25827825
File: 292 KB, 1500x1500, 4fc6e444500b2949b437972612b14ceb2d7de082.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

As a man you need a woman in your life, it's as shrimple as that.
The new era cope is to "spend" time with vtubers, but as you can see it's for their own profit. You may feel better in some ways but it's putting a bandaid on a deep lascerating wound.

At it's best you can watch a vtuber and interact with it's community to get you through hard times, but once that's over you must get over yourself and get out there and fight again. Find a woman for yourself.

>> No.25829576

90% of vtuber viewers romantically love their oshi. But if you ever expressed it in chat or via supa it's customary that everyone else who thinks the same turn on you and have you shunned away from the community because "muh parasocial bad you can like the chubba".
It's some weird custom everyone has taken to hide their true feelings by pretending to be just some schmuck who doesn't care about their oshi bit everybody fucking loves her. They just turn on the people brave enough to say it so it removes the confident competition.
"I love you as a fan" is bullshit and doesn't exist. Everyone would make love to their oshi given the chance and the people who cover it up with some gentleman "she's just an entertainer" are in denial

We're fucked

>> No.25830162

>>25829576
I'm think this is correct. Its just a matter of whether you realize it or not. I think the essential problem is that from the chuuba's point of view, fans are just kinda gross wallets. We arent sharing enough of ourselves to ever form a real emotional bond. Like a chain is attached to out heart, but only a light cotton thread reaches back to theirs. Trying to stand out from the crowd by being a 'bigger' fan is just a way of trying to make her more emotionally invested in you. I wonder if anything could even come from this realization though, were basically just stuck forever in emotional limbo.

>> No.25830486

>>25829576
>>25830162
And now you know why the idol industry was actually able to sustain itself as a niche without defaulting to the same generalized formula as other entertainers

>> No.25830648

>>25829576
>weird custom
It's literally just another variant of the nice guy who pretends to be "woke" or a feminist to get a gf. It shouldn't come as a surprise that the average vtuber watcher is passive aggressive.

>> No.25830751

>>25827481
Time to keep distance for a little while OP. The best and healthiest way to enjoy vtubers is when you view them as entertainment and nothing more.

Buy merch, voice, membership, even superchats if you find that entertaining. But never let it become more than that. Never let a vtuber (or any entertainment medium) be something that cannot be replaced.

Taking a step back allowed me to enjoy other things in life again. I'm no longer feel the urge to watch every single stream of my oshi when some of the streams feel lackluster. I can easily switch to other streams/hobbies if I feel something isn't worth my time. At the same time the streams that I do watch is much better now that I'm not over saturating myself with my oshi's stream.

>> No.25831250

>>25830751
That *was* my attitude. Calling her my oshi, or shitposting about her much I loved her was just kinda entertainment for me. I thought of her as just a fun person to hang out with with a cute voice. But having a dream like that confronted me with just the hard reality. Its objectively probably the best to take a break from her, but I dont think I can. Like I said, I just promised to be her no1 fan. Dipping after that feels subhuman.

>> No.25832649

>>25831250
I would say keep doing what you enjoy. Just remember the more emotionally invested you get, the harder it is to dip out. Which isn't a bad thing as long as it's not screwing with your personal life.
For me personally this hobby was taking up a concerning portion of my budget and also was becoming an excuse not to find friends. If such problem is not present in your life then I'd say keep on going. Just keep an eye out on how this affects you

>> No.25832793

>>25829576
no lies detected

>> No.25833059

>>25829576
>>25830162
Bitch, just because you niggers are incapable of watching a vtuber without thinking you're in love doesn't mean everyone else is as mentally ill as you.

>> No.25833286

>>25833059
The first post said 90%, not all. And he's right; I wish to bastard death he wasn't. You can keep distance from the fact however you want

>> No.25833448

>>25833286
And as a follow-up, I don't know what the fuck the 10% are doing. If I wasn't in love with moron fake anime streamer girls I would do something else

>> No.25833879

>>25833059
this is what you expect of a gen of people who weren't brought to cabarets or to spend time with some hostesses by their fathers, these fucks can't separate lust and being flirtatious from forming a real emotional link with someone and thus are miserable people who will take any attention they can get as proof of love

>> No.25834025

>>25833448
The 10% treat them as you would Townsends or the Killstream: something interesting to watch that you want to keep track of. I'm certainly not in love with Ethan Ralph.

>> No.25834082

>>25833879
>separate lust from love
oh i see you're the type of people to cheat and have affairs

>> No.25834701

>>25834025
Fine, I appreciate the point, but I'm not sure what to take from the fact that I had to google all your refs, does that indicate weeb or boomer or both?

>> No.25834925

>>25834701
It indicates he was brought here by the pink rabbit and doesn't actually like vtubers.

>> No.25834965

>>25833879
Gotta love people bitching about delusion online. Cabarets? really dude? That the way the 'cool kids' do it? Spare me. Im not delusional, I can accept my mind may be playing tricks on me. The question isnt how to eliminate all my emotional baggage and character flaws, its how to support my oshi in a positive way despite me being a fucking menhera.

Why dont you educate me on how your cabaret upbringing helps you as a fan, If your not just talking shit.

>> No.25835163

>>25834025
Holy fucking cringe if this is the average anti gosling then I'm gonna switch sides.

>> No.25835581

>>25834925
>>25835163
>Not being in love with a vtuber to the point of emotional anguish means that you don't actually enjoy them
Retards

>> No.25835749

>>25833448
do people not enjoy vtuber's stream as is?

>> No.25836030

>>25835749
The interest comes from interacting with the streamer, or enjoying some extra detail thats unique to them, like voice, design, storytelling, humour ect. What sane human being would watch a 4hr Minecraft stream if they didnt care about the person involved.

>> No.25836258

>>25827481
you can be attracted to someone and still enjoy they content regardless.
just like... real life.

>> No.25836300

I disagree with the 90% thing
as sad as it is to state, you underestimate the amount of people who watch as background noise
you also underestimate the amount of coomers who don't really care about the person, just need to get off
not to mention those who watch just to psychoanalyse like an intelligence agency intern, for thise types it's more like observing a test subject and recording effects of stimuli

I could list more

>> No.25836582
File: 2.63 MB, 500x324, 1625098890157.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

You take the blue pill, and distance yourself from your Oshi and keep treating her as a fun entertainer, and go on about your life.
Or, you take the red pill, and see how deep being a gosling can go...

>> No.25836675

>>25836030
I agree that you need to enjoy the streamer's presence and like her/his voice/personality/etc to enjoy their streams but
>>25833448
this anon makes it seem like you need to be in love with the streamers to enjoy any of their streams.

>> No.25837002

>>25836675
>this anon makes it seem like you need to be in love with the streamers to enjoy any of their streams.
I respect your criticism; I'm not saying you have to be in love, but really I just mean if anime girls don't make your heart beat I don't understand how vtubers are your thing.

>> No.25837167

>>25827481
Anon discover true love is selfish

>> No.25837483

I spent over a year and a half watching vtubers before I fell in love with one. I think I could have avoided it until my interest in watching them at all faded but Rushia was just that special.

>> No.25837499

>>25827481
Just throwing that out but you know the word fan is a shortening of fanatic, the deeper the rabbit hole you go for your "idol" the more extreme the actions.
Don't go bombing people because they disrespect your oshi Anon.

>> No.25837580

>>25827481
Don't love idols, streamers or whatever who don't care about their fans.

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action