[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vt/ - Virtual Youtubers

View post   

File: 399 KB, 716x718, Capture.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
25380462 No.25380462 [Reply] [Original]

Tell me about yourself anon, how did you find about vtubers, and your journey leading up to today, what kept you watching?
The purpose of this thread is to remind you of a time when you didn't care about numbers and drama, but the joy of discovering vtubers.

>> No.25380577

>>25380462
I randomly checked out the YouTube trending page and found a clip of some HoloJP. I can't remember who it was but I remember thinking 'what the fuck is this?'. I checked out their channel and saw daily uploads and couldn't work out how they were able to animate this thing so quickly. Did my reps and found out it was real-time animated. I'm a software developer that works on real-time software so the tech fascinated me.

Checked out Hololive after reading about them and then found Choco around Hololive Summer time. Obviously was hooked from that point onwards.

>> No.25380841

>>25380462
1. Used to hate VTubers with a passion. Often berated my friends who liked them.

2. Stumbled upon Veibae live on Twitch streaming God of War 2018, which is a game I really like.

3. Decided to stick with that stream for a while to “try it out”; also stuck because of her voice.

4. Told myself it was a one-off thing, but then found out she was going to stream RDR2 afterwards (my most favorite game of all time).

5. Found myself watching her more often.

6. Remembered that friends once mentioned an “Amelia Watson” (name stuck to me because I’m an avid Sherlock fan), so decided to check her out.

7. HoloEN rabbit hole.

8. History.

Nowadays, I’m more of a Nijifag myself (Finana, Millie, Ike, Vox, and Salome in particular), but I ain’t no tribalfag. I enjoy whatever whenever.

>> No.25380981
File: 24 KB, 500x500, badabadabeebopbopbodabop.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Woke up in the middle of the night craving to hear Scatman John's "Scatman"
>Saw a Video of white cat girl singing scatman on the search result
>Now I'm here.
Thanks Scatman John.

>> No.25381010

I still don't really care about numbers or drama. My first experience with vtubers was a clip of Miko saying the N word sometime in 2019, I think. From there I found Korone and Okayu, and after that I learned of Kizuna Ai. I then learned about Nijisanji and 774 inc.

>> No.25381066

>>25380841
I mean no offense, but you sound like you used to be extremely insufferable. I hope you're a little less irony poisoned these days.

>> No.25381216

>>25380462
got exposed to korone clips on twitter, thought they were cute and i watched anime/read manga already so i decided to check them out, became a hakooshi for holo a bit before the gen5 debuts
mainly stayed because i started to get into the idolshit and also because when i follow like "content creators" i usually follow a group because i like that experience over picking and choosing from other places, tho i did check pika or ironmouse for a bit, i always returned to holo
all that aside, i actually "found" an oshi in the past months so now i'm staying for her, and i'm watching almost no one else, mostly the idolshit stuff

>> No.25381263

Started with Ai as I'm sure many have.
I think it was that video where she was trying to draw things using English prompts and have the computer guess what it was.
Nowadays I don't really have an oshi, but generally only watch karaokes/live performances because I mostly just want to see cute anime girls with nice voices sing and dance.
If there was an EN who did planned, focused, prerecorded videos like the pre-livestream era again, I'd likely watch more. There would also likely be less talent burnout and yabs by going back to that format. But I think the ship has long since sailed there.

>> No.25381342

c. this time last year, very into cosmic horror, see cute art of purple lady with big fuck off tentacles, get into ina and thus holo from there

>> No.25381488

Youtube reccommended me shizurin's channel one day (this was before she was featured on pewdiepie video) and i used her as a way for me to do my jp reps at first but as time went on i started to enjoy her streams more and more,it was just so relaxing
After that i realise she was in a group called nijisanji and i started watching other nijisanji livers and some holo/indie also but my focus is still in Niji JP until today because thats simply what i know best and felt most familiar with

>> No.25381607

Saw Kizuna Ai - interesting, but not my thing.

Later saw a clip of Korone trying English tongue twisters on a break from playing Pepsiman - that was my thing.

I'm mostly into zatsu, cultural exchange kinda stuff. Most tubers are into the games. So I mostly watch bits and bobs of a wide variety of vtubers, no single one with any regularity.

>> No.25382035

>>25380462
Fucking Eekum Bokum
Funniest shit I've ever seen.

>> No.25382041
File: 34 KB, 436x455, 1652018097599.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Kizuna AI
Early Mirai Akari, Siro, Kaguya Luna
(huge gap of not caring)
Got into watching Hololive mostly from clips right after Gen 4
EN came out and lost interest in chuuba again
(huge gap)
EN2 came out, got into Hololive again, found out the vsinger they were looking for already debuted with IRyS, Bae was my oshi but also love IRyS
Watched Ethyria debut just out of curiosity
Found Enna to be really entertaining and oshiable
Fell out of love with Bae and by November I basically don't watch Hololive anymore other than a few IRyS streams here and there
Have been sampling small corpos since then and finally found another one I really like in AkioAIR 2 and a half months ago

>> No.25382125

>>25380462
the matsuri band aid video was recommended to me in late 2019 when i was scrolling through my recommended in bed and its all been downhill since

>> No.25382294

>>25380462
For me it's Miko GTA clips and Matsuri band-aids back in 2019. Then I was recommended Fubuki singing scatman after that was Haato (before she became Haachama)

>> No.25382824
File: 1.60 MB, 1135x1624, 1654183483075.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>25380462
>Watch a yt video about a new technology that makes a 2.5D avatar track your movement
>"Looks cool"
>ffw a couple years, Kizuna AI is popular everywhere. Watched her for a bit but got bored pretty quickly.
>start watching this nijisanji thing yt keeps recommending me
>also start watching funny not-catto girl doing weird noises
>notice 4chins added a new board dedicated to these virtual reality girls
>Don't forget, you're here forever
Funnily enough, I actually don't watch Niji or Holo girls anymore, I went full indie and I don't regret it in the slightest.

>> No.25383185

>>25380462
Watched anon fapping.
Then watched Kizuna AI for a while and forgot about it.
In mid-2020, I got back into this hellhole and noticed vtubers.

>> No.25384048
File: 299 KB, 523x523, 1648036239296.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>25380462
I knew about Kizuna AI, I knew about Hololive I knew about Gura, I also knew about /vt/ and it's origins but I never cared much for them. I only got into chuubas because of a random clip form Nina saying honey during like November and being a massive mommyfag I started watching her and I wanted to see what all the fuss was about with vtubers in general so I went to /vt/ and I've been here since.
As for Nina I stopped watching her and kind of hate her now since she never kept her promises about the ASMR bookreading streams or going harder into the mommyfag pandering and seeing how she was in her PL, how she is with Luxiem, her numberfagging and how overtime she's shown herself to be more akin to an obnoxius wine aunt/dogmom as opposed to a thirsty cougar or at the very least a mature Oiran made me drop her completely.
Now I mainly watch 2view indies(both JP and EN) and only keep up with bigger names because I like posting about drama and rrats

>> No.25386557

>>25384048
kinda based

>> No.25386662
File: 231 KB, 1476x2079, 1651056220073.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>watched Anon jerk off with a live 2D back in like...2012?
>briefly watched Ai and Shirt when they were subbed back years ago
>fell off as JP only with no huge fan base meant it was impenetrable
>found Fubuki big burger fox and Coco videos around Q1 of 2020
>started watching JPs on and off, but jumped on fully with HoloEN
I'm practically a Vtuber oldfag by comparison.

>> No.25387876
File: 96 KB, 262x360, 1644843632108.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>25380462
>Korone English Mario stream highlights on F*cebook
>see girls that would later become vshojo (melody, silver, zen, mouse, also bunny and momo) through arcadum since i was looking for dnd streams to background listen to
>EMRBCYPRIP shows up in youtube recommended
>-----POINT OF NO RETURN-----
>shift one by one through short phases with each myth girl, lingering more on mori for being my first and ame for her weirdly hypnotic bgm
>end up a temporary tako after coomf'ing to the max with ina's CoC vods
>almost two years and a gosling meltdown over kronii later i'm jaded on the whole industry (largely due to /vt/ no doubt) and haven't watched an actual stream from anyone in months but still want to become a vtuber myself because i can't find any other career that looks even slightly appealing

>> No.25388093

I’d browse /jp/ back in 2020 to look at pictures of cute 3dpd jap women doing idol shit. Eventually I started reading the threads about cute jap women larping as anime girls doing idol shit.

>> No.25388616
File: 29 KB, 564x677, 1649498505235.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>watched holocomi
>enjoyed it even if i didn't understand a lick of the words these cute anime girls are saying
>check other streams
>Okayu is doing a karaoke
>Impressed with cool voice
>What are these colorful bands on top of chat?
>Superchats
>What compels a man to throw money like this at cute anime girls
>greatly impressed and intrigued
>look further into the rabbit hole
>stumbled upon /here/ in my search for truth
>the curtain unveiled
>I have no regrets

>> No.25388747

Miko shooting passersby while screaming stay home is how I find VTubers. I watched both Hololive and Nijisanji, and occasionally watch indies. Now, I only focus on my oshi, an Indonesian VTuber. I love her, she's very comfy.

>> No.25388773

Data mining theead

>> No.25388889

I watched the hololive Arknights shill stream since I was playing AK at the time. It was a shitty ad stream, but I got hooked on by FBK's energy. 2 years later, and FBK is still my least watched vtubers

>> No.25389040

Got random Roa clips recommended, started watching her clips. Next day, all recommended is her and other nijis. Niji rabbit hole. Find Kizuna. Took a break from vtubers, but few months later find some Ars clips. HoloEN debuts although later got into NijiEN more.

>> No.25389297

my first exposure to vtubers was kizuna AI and the FAQQYU shit, but i honestly like... didnt really register that she was a vtuber? i didnt know the term at all i just thought it was funny and cute
my other exposure was kaguya luna via fan art but again i didnt even know that was a vtuber
so basically for a while i "knew" about vtubers but didn't really know them if that makes sense

eventually again at some point i started getting recommended holo clips, checked a few out and laughed, at this point i wasnt really invested but i did watch clips a bit more

then decided to take the deep plunge and asked my friend who is very into vtubers about hololive and the "lore" on some of the characters and what they're all about, after that point i started watching more clips, got attached to my oshi, learned more about holo and vtubers as a whole, and then yeah

>> No.25389909

>>25380462
I wanted to watch some playthrough of an old game that i liked and stumbled upon an /asp/. After that i started to watch more and more Holoclips and got into bigger chuubas. I still spend more time watching 1view-low3 view streams tho.

>> No.25389927

>>25380462
Does anyome remember the blue haired ENchuuba from early on who used to make those retarded skit videos inbetween her real streams, she was in a group with Comdost and a couple of JPchuubas. One of her first streams was playing some apocalypse game at one point she said "this looks like Africa".

>> No.25389973

>>25380462
Read something by Konbu Wakame, came across all her Ryushen fanart, tried to figure out who they were, found their channel, decided to check out EN chuubas when I heard they were becoming more common

>> No.25390060

>>25380462
I saw kizuna ai a long ass time ago then forgot about her and vtubers then saw Miko and Korone and started clip watching, then myth debuted and I was excited to have vtubers I could understand and started watching more. Now I watch a few indies and holos and most recently salome, I'm the happiest I've ever been desu.

>> No.25392121
File: 62 KB, 450x350, 1416173071688.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Stand back lads, this is a cautionary tale from your local anon. This could happen to (You)!
but if you're posting here it probably has already

>know about Kizuna Ai from years ago, brushed it off as being a fad
>fast forward to 2019, Doog plays Doom
>stumble upon a clip of her using the chainsaw
>utterly spellbound by her unbridled joy and her unusual and CUTE "Wowowowow!"
>I *NEED* more of this
>FBK is the Scatman, I become a Koronesuki; there is no escaping the Rabbit Hole now
>Gen 5 and Myth debut soon after
>ID Gen 2, IRyS, and then Council debut
>smitten by Kronii at first because holy shit her voice is PURE SEX
>Mumei overtakes Kronii simply by being her cute, dorky, and secretly psycho self
>the temptation eventually becomes too great: I simply must consume their Forbidden Knowledge
>find Kronii's, no big deal, with a voice like that, of course she would have had a background in amateur voice acting. Sexual orientation needs rape correction though.
>find Mumei's, to which an all-too-familiar sensation arises in the pit of my stomach to plague my life YET AGAIN when I thought I buried it 10 years ago: lovesickness, my guiding moonlight; you were at my side all along
>I am in too deep
>why the fuck does it feel like I'm being cucked, I've never even met her
>I thought I was immune to what /vt/ called being a Gosling because I recognized that this is purely for entertainment
>torrent a recent members-only karaoke stream of Mumei's to see what I'm missing and it confirms my belief from before that it's nothing
>as a result, I recover from this bout of Goslingness with renewed steel
>Mumei goes on vacation, start paying more attention to Kronii, use /vt/ much more and watch the Anime Boston recordings
>Hoomans are lovely. Kronies are clingy, insufferable hypercompetitive attentionwhoring namefags that will do ANYTHING to one-up each other and it disgusts my pride as an anon the way they carry on
>wake up yesterday with a sudden burning desire to become a wageslave
>be THIS CLOSE to sending in a (laughable) resume on Indeed and ultimately chicken out after 3 hours because I'm a NEET who's never held a job
>have a mental breakdown, writhe on the floor and moan about not being able to be a paypig to anime e-thots, let alone to better my own position in life
>I know both Kronii and Mumei would want me to get a job for positive reasons they've already explained and it crushes me that I can't live up to their expectations, or my own, or my parents'
>but crippling social anxiety and learned helplessness are not so easily overcome
>play Kronii's birthday voicepack repeatedly and eventually calm down, can't take the compliment when the Cheering tracks play whether in EN or JP
>still, I can feel the warmth and kindness in her voice from the second EN cheer, "Keep up the great work. I believe in you."
>the NEET life lost its appeal to me years ago but I keep waiting for something to fall into my lap
>write this stupid blog post on an Incan quipu braiding website to get this out of my system and remind me of the before-times when I was ignorant to Hololive

>> No.25393165

>>25392121
I'm cheering for you, anon. Starting a job can be nerve wrecking for "normal" people too, let alone someone with social anxiety. Taking the first step is the hardest, it really does get better with time. Stay strong.

>> No.25393176
File: 2.81 MB, 960x540, 1644754002058.webm [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Uma Musume was one of my favorite airing anime the season it came out so when I discovered Golshi had a youtube channel I jumped on it. Still disappointed that Golshi's channel stopped being subbed to this day. I was also a big fan of gdgd Fairies so when Virtual-san wa Miteiru aired I found it in the same vein and very much enjoyed it. The latter anime introduced me to HimeHina then from there I got into Kizuna Ai from youtube recommendations. At the time /a/ was the only board I still went to and the Virtual-san threads were non-existent. It turned out that vtubers were more of a /jp/ thing so I went back there for the first time in years before becoming a primarily Hololive fan. I went through many indies after my interest in Myth, outside of Mori, started to die down. Kamiko Kana was interesting enough that I never missed a stream of hers, but for many reasons once she moved to twitch I stopped watching her. These days I've been disappointed by every indie I've given a chance and am more into small corpos that have filtered out the worst of them. I still catch any Hololive streams that appear interesting and Rosemi is always a good watch.

>> No.25393352

>>25392121
damn, hang in there man
the fact you're still alive means you're still trying in your own way, and that you still have support

you really should try and give it another try to apply for jobs, if you're scared at just hidding the apply button then theres a concern that you'll be even more unstable if you dont get any responses or interviews
and spoiler alert, a good bit of the time, these fuckers just give you radio silence

i've personally found better luck when filling out their applications in person, but as you said social anxiety and whatnot so that probably isnt an option, either way though good luck and continue trucking on

>> No.25394000

>>25380462
Was aware of Kizuna Ai's existence back then, also other OGs like the niji girl who sang a japanese Country Roads that got featured in a pewdiepie video, along with the Siro clip where she was trying to fence a sheep in minecraft but a wolf ate it the moment she turned for a sec.

Couple of months pass, got recommended a Suisei video about how her younger cousin technically doxxed her by unknowingly watching her channel on the family TV or something ending up in her family noticing the voice to be exactly like hers, she was still using her original model back then iirc.

Couple months pass once again and Myth had its debut, it rang across the globe. Of course, I was one of those who finally checked out the vtuber scene, it's hard not to, especially when i kept seeing them from time to time already.

I'm still learning jp so i watch the jp side thru clips by searchig up #hololive or #vtuber or w.e youtube ends-up recommending on my feed that day.

For now, I'm just waiting for a possible oshi who will be debuting on holo EN3 and is planning to only stick with her from then on, I will still be learning jp as a back-up plan if en3 still ends up being shit though.

>> No.25395496

>Knew about Kizuna Ai
>Don't really like Let's Plays but watched her for a couple weeks
>Never liked streams
>Got interested in a clip of who I learned later to be Coco talking about her low income as a Vtuber
>Thought it was weird that we went from Ai's planned stuff to Coco's vlog style.
>Covid happens
>Find a clip of some girl reviewing her own porn
>The recommendations do not stop as I literally do nothing but watch Hololive as I can't go to work and friends ignore me
>I don't even like idols or streamers what the hell is wrong with me
>The hag vtubers keep making references to 2000's era anime and songs.
>The nostalgia forces me to keep watching
>/jp/ must love these girls.
>Go to /jp/ and find /hlg/

I had a stay-at-home internship that allowed me to catch a lot of the JP streams too which solidified it.

>> No.25395660

>Be young me
>Watching random meme compilation
>Anime girl playing RE7 saying "Fuck you" repeatedly
>Funny and cute, search to understand what i was looking at
>Find Kizuna Ai
>Dumbass brain thinks that it's a 3d model that is put on a gameplay video
>Figure out what a Vtuber is
>Too bad i don't know Japanese and she's not really that entertaining

>Years pass

>Lockdown
>Depression I've never had before hits, feel physical pain because dumb brain is sad
>Scrolling YouTube
>I'm Scatman.mp4
>Fucking Kek
>Find out that Vtubers still exist, search clips
>Find out about Korone, love her
>Mfw i open the Hololive website and the first branch of EN Vtubers is debuting TODAY
>Pull off an all nighter
>"Gura is funny", "Mori is cringe but cool song (+ booba)", "I love Ina", "Kiara is too loud", "Amelia has the best debut"
>I am forever changed

>> No.25395898
File: 286 KB, 661x623, 1631582426142.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>25380462
>knew about vtubers, hated them
>knew about holoEN debut and shitposted a lot in /jp/, leaning more on the whore aspect of it, and of how fake it all was
>later while putting the hobo on background i hear gura talking about that same hobo on her minecraft stream
>huh, shes actually not as insufferable as i thought
>curious, check her out
>listen to her karaoke
>fall in love with the shark
Nowadays I still find most vtubers to be insufferable trash, so my disdain hasnt been cured or lifted at all. But I am obsessed with one tiny shark.

>> No.25395934
File: 199 KB, 728x729, 1555461849420.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>25380462
I usually staid over at /vp/ and /vr/, I don't know what made me check /jp/ one day. Among all the threads of japanese girls covered in oil, there was a Vtuber thread with Pikamee as the OP. After Kizuna AI sang PewDiePie's song YouTube recommended me some clips, some from Pikamee's streams, so I recognized her.
I got pretty lost after the board split but found it again just in time to see Kiara's channel get terminated. Watched several of the girls streams to find my "oshi" and I've been watching Gura and Ame ever since. And Pikamee of course.

>> No.25396340

>all these people who watch mostly western vtubers
God it makes me sick to think i share the board with this trash

>> No.25396379

(I had previously subscribed to Kizuna Ai and watched a bit before her controversy, but she's a special case so I don't count her. Have also seen Fubuki Scatman somewhere).
1. Watching Artemisblue Beat Saber videos on youtube, as a rhythm game and moe enthusiast.
2. Plays "Ahoy!! We Are Houshou Pirates"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFDW6spq5iE
3. As a Japanese and doujin music enthusiast, wonder who is this singer and why haven't I heard of her?
4. Find out she's vtuber and that translated clips exist. Watch translated clips of her 3D beach stream and some other horny clips. <- Immediately fall into Hololive clip rabbit hole.
5. Watch a lot of crazy clips, especially about Marine's horniness, Matsuri's molest incidents and Sara and Luna relationships, Akai Haato's noodle incident, Rushia rage, Shion NEEEEEE, Asacoco, stunned in disbelief that anime has become real and is just as degenerate as I've always hoped.

Start participating in Akai Haato/Haachama's streams, lose superchat virginity, become Haaton.

>> No.25396422

>all these people who watch vtubers
God it makes me sick to think i share the site with this trash

>> No.25396616

>all these people
God it makes me sick to think i share the site with this trash

>> No.25396657
File: 220 KB, 834x1184, IMG_20220603_055658.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>25380462
>Watch Kizuna AI in the ancient times
>She's okay, but I don't get hooked
>Watch Kaguya Luna
>Little better, still not hooked
>At this point no other vtuber hits my YT recommendations, so I fall off
>Fast forward to 2020
>Find Tsukino Mito by accident
>Oh no she's cute and funny
>My friend recommends Hololive
>I'm all in

I've never really had an oshi. Never paid for membership, never sent an SC. I've just been floating around watching mostly Hololive, though in the early days it was more balanced. After 2020 the magic gradually died and I devolved into a clipfag. Until Ojousama recently turned me back into a loyal stream watcher.

Before vtubers, I was an idol/seiyuu fan, so I'm a true believer in idol culture and parasocial relationships. Despite that, my BPD prevented me from committing to an oshi. So I just fantasize about various vtubers without even supporting them in any tangible way. Of all the types if schizos, I may be the lowest of the low. But in 2020 it was really fun, despite all the other bullshit going on. And because of Ojousama I've started to feel just a bit of that again.

>> No.25396851

>all
God it makes me sick to think I am

>> No.25396997

>was never into streamers but used to watch [/spoiler]spanish[/spoiler]youtubers and let's players
>kizuna ai memes and reaction images brought her to my attention
>"an anime girl that plays games? neat"
>found kaguya luna
>discovered my first oshi minai karte
>really liked her aesthetic and nurse gimmick despite not understanding a single word coming out of her mouth
>found gamebu
>haruto became my favorite
>got recommended nijisanji and hololive stuff
>specifically this haachama video a week after it was posted https://youtu.be/i-_aVb1lYbY
>catched her streams seldomly
>minai karte disappeared out of nowhere
>felt really fucking bad about it
>casually watched nijis and holos but none of them really stuck with me
>holostars is announced but i was busy around that time and missed most of the debuts
>really liked izuru and miyabi and would try to catch their singing and cod streams whenever possible
>got busy again
>the kizuna ai and gamebu controversies must have happened around here which almost completely killed my interest in Vtubers
>casually watched chuubas doing stuff every now and then
>valz debuted and reignited my interest in vtubing as a whole
>went back to mainly watching holostars
>izuru became my oshi in the process
>holocaust and the chinkening happened which made me support my favorites even more
>nijien debuted
>loved elira
>lost interest but would still watch a couple of streams by her
>briefly watched ike when luxiem debuted
>lost interest once again
>uproar debuts
>fuma made me watch hours of apex again
>izuru is still my oshi
>now i'm here
My timeline is probably a little messed up but it should go like this. To be completely honest I'm not that interested in Vtubing as a whole that much anymore and only stick around to watch my oshi and his group of friends. I'll probably be here until the day he graduates and then follow his roommate and maybe after that just keep up with the vsingers I like.

>> No.25397417

Kizuna Ai
Big 4 (Kaguya Luna, Shiro, Kizuna Ai, Mirai Akari) + Eileen, Omega Sisters, Nekomiya Hinata
Vsingers like YuNi, somunia, Kafu, Paipailielie (Kizuna Ai and Kaguya Luna were pumping out some great tracks too)
Vstreamers like Tsukino Mito, Yudzuki Roa, Gundou Mirei, Noraneko
Asacoco into ARK ark
Shit now I'm a holofag
Turned around to find Niji full of dudes I don't really want to watch and invest myself into, so stuck primarily to the holo box

Still regularly keep up with general vtuber events/concerts, especially if some of my old favorites are participating, but holo has been my daily driver. Tried to get into HoloEN and NijiEN, but couldn't really aside from IRyS.

>> No.25400253

>>25380462
just happened

>> No.25400648

i'm terrified of the vtuber phenomenon. it sounds silly but i actually am very afraid of what's happening to our society. where is this leading bros

>> No.25400851

>>25400648
3dpd will become obsolete. I'm here for it

>> No.25401085

>>25400851
but don't you see the implications of that? an artificial environment that is separated from nature (the laws of nature will be made by man) will place us in a truly, indisputably nihilistic world.

>> No.25401119

>>25400648
Masquerade, 2d faces on parade
Masquerade, take your fill, let the spectacle astound you

>> No.25402007

>>25400648
>>25400851
literally touch grass

>> No.25402151

I watched pekora laugh

>> No.25402422

>>25400648
>vtuber phenomenon
if you think about it is not really so different from other forms of entertainment, humans have always aimed to reach perfection, this is why fiction and art exist in the first place, greek statues and reinessance paintings tried to show the perfect beauty, anime art tries to do the same thing, searching for the perfect beauty, youtubers before vtubers used their real identity but tried to build a perfect image of themselves, selling the best of themselves, vtuber do the same, it just able to create a stronger illusion of "ideal" compared to whatever we had before. Videogames, vr, robots, are all part of our search of a perfect world

>> No.25402476

>>25400648
I think you're kinda clutching at your pearls a little bit there, anon. It's frankly not much different from the culture of celebrity worship that has been around for over a century at this point. There's still an entire world outside of the screen.

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action