[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vt/ - Virtual Youtubers

View post   

File: 1.80 MB, 1509x898, towakick.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
20687150 No.20687150 [Reply] [Original]

NOW THAT THE DUST HAS SETTLED
Rate, Hate, Appreciate

Personally I enjoyed just seeing the con stuff and all the skits and joyous fans, more than the concert itself, it was just a little dry. Birthday lives are more fun honestly. It was a bit unceremonious with people popping into existence and doing the song, didn't even try to make it feel more "live". Like EN 3d, they could have made it a bit more special than that? Like a produced intro video, and them coming out together with a special message? Ai Kizuna's recent live was fucking kino, as an example of something done better, memorable, emotional, etc.

Favourite performance:
Sui, Towa, Sui x Towa

Best Dancer:
Duck, of course

The "Didn't Know I Wanted It" Award:
Polka & Chammers duet

I like Reflect and Red as songs a lot, so thats honourable mentions on the EN side.

>> No.20696124

>Performance
Sora, Aki
>Singing
Risu, Moona, Watame
>"Didn't expect"
Iofi, Kiara, Botan

>> No.20696589

>no Rushia

I hate it

>> No.20696658

It was great

>> No.20699192
File: 2.34 MB, 1920x1080, 1620211681186.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

When it comes to the performances I liked...
DAY1:
>Miko x Korone
>Korone
>Suisei x Towa
>Suisei
>Kanata
>Moona
>Polka x Haato
>Haato
Favourites:
>Korone for overall performance
>Moona for the most surprising performance (I know about her past but I also didn't expect her to go so kpop/western in, well, after all, a wannabe-idol concert)
>Miko x Korone for the best duet
DAY2:
>Lamy x Aki x Flare
>Aki
>Flare
>Aqua x Okayu x Shion
>Kiara
>Iofi
>Risu
>Mio
>Sora
>Sora x Roboco
Favourites:
>Sora for overall performance
>Kiara for the best choreography
>Risu for the most surprising performance (I know that she tends to sing like that but that combined with her moves gives a better effect)
>Mio for the best vocals
>Sora x Roboco for the best duet
FINAL THOUGHTS:
I'm only going to talk about the concert. I did enjoy the show, many memorable moments and great performances. Rushia's unplanned termination did have an impact, saddly. The biggest thing was probably ID's and EN's impromptu 3D debuts. Putting that behind a paywall was an economically understandable decision, definitely. That's the shit for gaijins. ID's models were great, Iofi's probably the best technically, but I found EN's models rather lacking. Weirdly smooth, many missing elements, low-quality textures, Calli's face was a fucking joke. I was looking forward to gen5's performances and although none were bad I can't say they were the best. Compared to other concerts I see only progress.
The price is, well, rather average for firstworlders, but i'm not a firstworlder and that did indeed have an impact on my wallet. I'm happy that I could watch it with my friends, at least. From what I've heard even the Japanese consider that price actually rather high for an online concert, but, as I said, with the biggest vtubers of Hololive behind a paywall that decision seems understandable. I can only hope that the next concert won't fall into trouble like sudden removal of at least two performances.
I also was sad to see the absolute state of /vt/ too busy falseflagging and baiting nijifans with a convention that their preferred company was first to do. Shikata ga nai.

>> No.20699319

Be honest.
How many of you fuckers pirated it?

>> No.20699471

>>20696589
>No rushia
what do you mean
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uROqa-AafB4

>> No.20700844

sui x towa duet was like godlike
Haato x Polka too
marines new song is a banger
Moona blew me out of the park
korones airman was a nice suprise
Kiaras performance was astonishing
mori was nice but sadly the model put quite the dampener on it
Sora x roboco was great
ayu suprised me alot
the en models are ok kiaras probably the best
all in all im glad i watched it, it was better then evrything i expected since its my first hololive concert

>> No.20701109

>>20699319
I pirate it even though I already brought the tickets

>> No.20701483

>>20699319
I bought tickets and watched it live by legal means. I pirated it just to have an archive incase I want to rewatch.

>> No.20701538

yeah been rewatching various bits, should give more appreciation to Kiara for actually hyping the crowd in her performance, probably got the most out of them apart from the mere presence of Suisei. gave it more of that live feeling a lot of it lacked.

>> No.20701774
File: 2.94 MB, 640x360, mkfez3[sound=files.catbox.moe%2Fo34sgh.mp3].webm [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>20687150
It was honestly amazing. Some holos drew a bit of a shorter stick but due to the sheer mass of participants that can't be helped.

Favourites:
Korone solo and with Miko
Towa solo and with Suisei
Aki
Moona & Risu, ID in general really showed up
Soda
Button
Gura & Ina although they lacked the wow-factor
Ayame
Haachama solo surprisingly

Dancer:
Koones energy is something else. For sheer moves it was Aki or Moona this time around. Sora was also really solid.

Hate:
Mori moved like a fat nerd in a dress and higheels. Was kinda looking forward to it but it was bad enough that I went on toilet break halfway through instead.
Can't think of anything else that was downright bad. Expected a bit more of Okayu, she was just okay.

>> No.20701989

Why are there accusations of hiring dancers when there wasn't actually that much good dancing? Many looked like robots going through choreography. Gura is accused of having a stand in dancer even when she was in the bottom third of dancing performances.

>> No.20702045

>>20699319
I streamed it to show my friends but that's it, I'll give all my shekels to our Hololive overlords now that I'm not addicted to mobage's anymore

>> No.20702388

>>20701989
Mix of shitposters regurgitating bs for guaranteed (you)'s and legitimate retards who believe it when they see it's being repeated a billion times.

>> No.20703832

Favourite performance:
>Watson, Ina, Gura (emotional for obvious reasons)

Best Dancer:
>Moona

The "Didn't Know I Wanted It" Award:
>Luna and Noel duet (their rpg shtick was adorable)

For a virtual concert, it left a lot to be desired. I don't know why they left that ugly grey unshaded floor as it is, but if it was virtual to begin with, I don't see why they couldn't have gone ahead and given it different effects to spice things up. Even something to include the streaming audience would have gone a long way - for that price, I'd expect giving them a set of preselected emojis to spam while it shows up somewhere in the background or something (think niconicodouga but less ugly). I think because a lot of girls aren't really performers, having more skits/group songs would've come a long way to feel less like they're just popping in and out of the void. I also love jpop but a lot of hololive songs rely too much on the same formula and end up being forgettable.

But that's me being extremely critical. I know budget is a huge factor and the current pandemic has put a lot of restraints, so it was really hype to at least see the girls performing their own songs. I think they've come a long way since the last concert and I'm excited to see it only grow from here on.

They really should have held off on Myth's 3D models though, they look like they still need work.

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action