[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vt/ - Virtual Youtubers

View post   

File: 1.83 MB, 3600x1961, 1607281905235.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
1771590 No.1771590 [Reply] [Original]

Although not explicitly established, it's pretty clear that each generation has a leader figure. Also, the other members in each generation can easily be classified into a set of categories, which are:
>Poster Child
The face of the group. While not the leader, she's a core member of the group and immediately comes to mind whenever you think of her Generation. Usually, heavy promoted by Cover themselves.
>Support
They love their genmates and Hololive. Usually the mom figure of the group. Doesn't need the spotlight. Can achieve peak comfy streams with her (usually) calm demeanor and content.
>League of their own
Doing their own thing, and doing it right. Doesn't have a clear formula for success. While usually also pretty popular, they are not so focused on collabing or expanding their numbers, just doing what they like and keeping things interesting for both viewers and herself.
>The odd one out
The forgotten member. Usually very distant from her own genmates, or with little chemistry with the group. Has better chemistry with Holos from other generations. Usually the least subscribed member. Has found her niche and sticks to it most of the time.

With that said, I consider the list of roles by generation goes like this:

GEN 0
Leader: Tokino Sora
Poster Child: Sakura Miko
Support: AZKi
League of their own: Hoshimachi Suisei
The odd one out: Robocosan
(Miko and Suisei may be interchangeable)

GEN 1
Leader: Shirakami Fubuki
Poster Child: Akai Haato
Support: Aki Rosenthal
League of their own: Natsuiro Matsuri
The odd one out: Yozora Mel

GAMERS
Leader: Shirakami Fubuki
Poster Child: Inugami Korone
Support: Ookami Mio
League of their own: Nekomata Okayu

GEN 2
Leader: Oozora Subaru
Poster Child: Minato Aqua
Support: Yuzuki Choco
League of their own: Murasaki Shion
The odd one out: Nakiri Ayame

GEN 3
Leader: Houshou Marine
Poster Child: Usada Pekora
Support: Shiranui Flare
League of their own: Shirogane Noel
The odd one out: Uruha Rushia

GEN 4
Leader: Tokoyami Towa
Poster Child: Kiryu Coco
Support: Amane Kanata
League of their own: Tsunomaki Watame
The odd one out: Himemori Luna

GEN 5
Leader: Shishiro Botan
Poster Child: Omaru Polka
Support: Yukihana Lamy
League of their own: Momosuzu Nene
The odd one out: [REDACTED]

EN GEN 1
Leader: Watson Amelia
Poster Child: Calliope Mori
Support: Ninomae Ina'nis
League of their own: Gawr Gura

ID GEN 1
Leader: Airani Iofifteen
Poster Child: Moona Hoshinova
League of their own: Ayunda Risu

ID GEN 2
Leader: Pavolia Reine
Poster Child: Kureiji Ollie
League of their own: Anya Melfissa

>> No.1771673

>>1771590
How much do you hate Kiara?

>> No.1772171

>>1771673
Who?

>> No.1774395

Coco is both the leader and the poster child though, Towa is just WKing material for EOPs

>> No.1774601

You forgot one role. The filter.

>> No.1775111

>>1771590
Decent effortpost. It more or less checks out as long as you think in terms of gens. Some odd one's out are much more the forgotten and unpopular one's than others. Rushia for example is more of a poster child for Gen 3 to me than Pekora, and I'd rather say Noel is Support, it's just that Flare doesn't really fit anything else. Melfissa is the forgotten one of Hololive, before the Gura collab she was barely talked about outside of threads about why she is the failed / least popular chuuba. Calliope is everything besides leader.
>They love their genmates and Hololive.
This is not just a support trait. Our oshis love each other and us all.

>> No.1775380

>>1771590
When you go in terms of Gens Pekora always felt like the odd one out from Gen 3, disregarding your forgotten and least subbed shit.

>> No.1775395

>GEN 4
>The odd one out: Himemori Luna
It was obviously Towa.

>> No.1775649

>>1775395
Even after the yab Luna was never anything other than the odd one out. And honestly Towa is slowly becoming the poster child recently, specially after the whole China arc and Kanata's hearing getting worse.

>> No.1775710

>>1774395
Maybe when she was still doing Asacoco. Towa has been organizing all of their events and can actually function as an idol.

>> No.1775751

>>1771673
we don't have to turn every post to hate thread abt her anon

>> No.1775990

>>1771590
>Heavily promoted
>Coco
Switch Coco and Towa and I will agree
In the past, Towa was an outcast but now, I'd say she's heavily promoted by Cover. Towa is in Bloom and many idol collabs which shows how much Cover wants her to be popular. Coco is definitely the leader of the group, even taking heat for the others. I remember Coco explaining in one of her Asacoco's how Towa was not collabing with them because she has a regular sleep schedule. This shows how much she cares about her genmates.

>> No.1776051

>>1775751
>Only female Holo not listed

>> No.1776650

>>1775111
Gen 3 is different to all other gens and they don't exactly fit in the categories I stablished at the start, so I can totally see others not agreeing with me on that. I think the poster children of Gen 3 are Marine and Pekora, but since Pekora lacks leadership traits (and get better numbers and merchandise than Marine) she gets to have that position all to herself. Rushi definitely feels like the odd one out. I remember not so long ago she was the main reason why a full Gen 3 collab couldn't happen. Despite her shipping with Marine, she is the member who feels most distanced from the rest, at least in my opinion.

>>1775380
Pekora may be autistic and not have a direct relashionhip with the rest of them (NoeFure and MariRushi) but she's still the most subscribed of them all, the one with the best viewership, heavily promoted by Cover (alcoholic drinks and curry ads, original songs and PekoMiko shenanigans), that's why, to me at least, she's the clear poster child of the 3rd gen.

>>1775395
Luna doesn't have good chemistry with the other 4th gens. Her best content is when you pair her with Subaru, Matuli, or when she's with Aki and Roboco. Towa being the leader comes from the idea that she's the embodiment of good idol and musical qualities, skill in games, and personality. She's not autistic and is able to communicate well with others, plus, it has been shown in the past that Towa, despite not publicly collabing or appearing close to her genmates, cares a lot about them, constantly checking on them and helping them out when in need.

>>1775990
Refer to the reply above. I still agree Coco has all the qualities to be the leader of the gen, but she herself appears not interested in holding that title. She doesn't consider herself talented when it comes to music or singing, and she's also not interested at all in the idol aspect of the industry, that's why she wouldn't be able to fulfil her role as leader in every aspect, something that Towa can easily do.
>heavily promoted
The description for each category is only an approximation and, of course, won't fit every single Holo on the list.

>> No.1776670

>>1771590
For the most part, the listing looks accurate

>> No.1776936

>>1771590
What's up with Kiara being missing?
I agree with most of these except EN

>> No.1777285

>>1776936
I filled each category individually instead of copying and pasting so it was an honest mistake. At least it's clear she would be under "Odd one out" on the list.

>> No.1778097

You would think Gura is still the unofficial poster child of EN

But considering you included

>usually promoted by Cover

Then sure, Mori fits that bill I guess

I'd still say swap Mori and Gura though

>> No.1778263

>>1778097
Maybe when Gura releases those original songs she teased about. The problem is that Gura doesn't live in Japan and knows very little Japanese, so it's easier to promote Mori because they can also attract the local fanbase. I still believe she might receive her 3D model earlier than the rest of EN so that she can be a part of a big live event, like what they did with Rikka last year.

>> No.1779073

I don't know if I really can see Ina as the mom of the group, she seems more like the odd one out. "Sticking to her niche" describes her to a T.

>> No.1779548

>no Kiara
Based

>> No.1779584

>>1771590
Kiara’s behavior lately is indefensible. However, to exclude her is fucking retarded. Your Oshi would dislike that you did that.

>> No.1779890

>>1776051
>eating the bait to make the thread really become another Kiara anti thread instead of ignoring it

>> No.1781709

>>1771590
For EN

>Poster Child:

Gura. She is the hololive star with the most subscribers and really brought Vtubing to most of the average EN fans

>Support:

I'm going with Ina here although I definitely considered the odd one out for her. Even the EN girls say she has mom/wife energy and although shes relatively quiet, she helps out the others a lot in games like Minecraft and tech support.

>League of their own

I'd say Mori for this one. While Mori is typically the one Cover sends out for promotion, I simply can't see her as the Poster Child. Mori isn't really too focused on subscribers, doesn't play popular games and rarely collabs with people shes not comfortable with. While Mori definitely makes the most music in EN, its also niche online J Rap instead of Idol music. Overall Mori seems fine staying a bit to the side and making the content she wants instead of whats most appealing.

>The Odd one out

I hate to play into rats, but I'm going with Kiara here. Besides Mori, Kiara's relationship with her other gen-mates seems to not as strong. Kiara is in someway the most normal of the group - clearly the most confident and open to collaborating with others. But EN is filled with introverts and so she doesn't mesh entirely well with the others in the same way that she does with her JP guests. A lot of people get frustrated over Kiara being "loud" and I think that has to do with the contrast of the other EN girls being rather quiet and timid. Hopefully, EN 2 will have a few Vtubers that she will be able to get along better with.

>> No.1781831

>>1781709
Edit: also guess this leaves Ame as the Leader

>> No.1781833

>>1771590
Every gen after 2 seems too cohesive for there to be an odd one out.

>> No.1781934

>>1771590
>>The odd one out
>The forgotten member. Usually very distant from her own genmates, or with little chemistry with the group
That's Towa, she is the holo in 4th gen with the least amount of collabs with her gen mates, yet according to you, she is a leader?
Towa may be a lot of things but she is not a leader, and she is not particularly close with any holo, there is no leader in 4th gen, that's the problem with adding tags, you force your view and classify them, it's useless.

>> No.1782389

>>1776650
>Towa being the leader
What are you smoking? leader of what? do you know which quaities require,
>good idol and musical qualities, skill in games, and personality
you may be a Towafag all you want but those are not leader qualities.
A leader needs to inspire respect and security to the others, Towa cries for whatever, like when she was imitating an air purifier, or if she feels stressed in Among Us she would never play it again, check her last among us stream, in haikyu contest she couldnt keep her cool with Luna and she yelled at her, Subaru had to told her to chill, and the latest collab in the mistery murder case, if she was a leader why is she the one that participated the least, she even seemed bored and out of place.
Don't make Towa something is not.
>She's not autistic and is able to communicate well with others
Sure, how many REAL confidants she has in hololive?... 0 anon
I don't dislike Towa, but these Towafags are getting out of hand.

>> No.1782504

>>1771590
>effortposting
>in /vt/
>see EN
killed a kiara anti thread with a kiara anti thread, s-sugoi..

>> No.1782518

>>1782389
>Towafags are getting out of hand.
KFP 2.0

>> No.1782527

EN:
>Leader
N/A
>Poster Child
Mori
>Support
N/A
>League of Their Own
Gura & Ina
>don't fit any of your catagories
Ame & Kiara
Kiara has elements of every class but forgotten though her genmates prob sometimes wish they could forget her
Watson is a cross btwn league of her own and forgotten

>> No.1782562

>>1782389
Towa would probably laugh harder at getting called the leader of 4th gen than I did. Also no matter how much OP wants it, the gens aren't going to easily split into these categories without some real stretching.

>> No.1782701

>>1771590
Pretty good shitpost anon, you would've had to read 99% of it no notice.

>> No.1782961

Really, anons? When it comes to group collabs, Kiara is indisputably the leader of EN. I don't like what she does with that role, but c'mon. You can dislike her without denying reality. Maybe if the other girls stepped up and hosted the collabs every now and then, instead of sticking chicken with the job, we could finally have an EN group collab that's half as good as any of their regular streams.

>> No.1783381

>>1771590
Oddly enough I agree with this except for gen 4. Coco seems more like the leader and the poster child for the group. Towa would fit more in the same category as Luna.

>> No.1784288

>>1781831
>>1781709
I agree Ame is the protagonist of EN

>> No.1784404

>>1771590
Good reminder of how fucked gen 1 was, Fubuki said fuck it and went to Gamers leaving Aki to deal with a menhara lolicon and an actual insane person

>> No.1784824

>>1782389
Kenzoku here. I was the one telling OP that Towa is not leadership material and she should switch it with Coco. We know this. She's not the one to make calls on APEX, preferring to be told what to do.

>> No.1784917

>>1771590
This is some high effort bait at least. Props for that

>> No.1786237

>>1782961
Have you watched any group collabs at all? Kiara constantly gets shit on for being too loud and speaking over her partners, constantly making the conversation circle around herself and being disrespectful to the rest of the members. She is objectively the worst collab partner, and her sole presence sours the entire stream. Even KFPs have been publicly telling her she has gone too far and is fucking things up way too much. When even your paypigs and yesmen are telling you you're doing something wrong, you know you fucked up. Nobody but KFPs believe Kiara to have any redeemable qualities, let alone leadership traits.

>> No.1786258

>>1782389
>being this mad over a shitpost
meds

>> No.1787081

>>1786237
I didn't say she was even remotely good at being leader, anon, I said that's the role she's taken. Rewatch the merchandise shilling part of the 6 month collab; Kiara's the one in control and telling each girl when it's their turn to speak. She does the same in the Christmas gift collab. I desperately wish someone would wrest the job away from her, but no one's done it yet.

>> No.1787208

>Leader: Towa
It's Coco. WTM is clearly the Poster Child at least in hololive's eyes. It's either her or Coco that take the center position in official Gen 4 art. Luna and Towa can be in either League or Odd

>> No.1790251

>>1775751
We should though

>> No.1793868

>>1777285
Why do you hate Kiara, OP

>> No.1797934

>>1771590
Your list is good but the further up the gens you go the more it starts to break down.
I wonder if that says anything about how we might be getting close and closer to the "peak gen", the penultimate gen where there are no dark horses and everyone is perfect at everything.
Or they're all fuckin shit.

>> No.1798117

Kiara is the leader in every EN group collab because nobody else will take the role and Kiara takes it for herself as she enjoys making everything about her and bossing everyone else around. This makes her a shitty and hated leader who will end up in a guillotine if she continues this path, but a leader nonetheless.

>> No.1798237

>>1771590
Nice effort post but there's some glaring issues.
>GEN 0
>Leader: Tokino Sora
>Poster Child: Sakura Miko
>Support: AZKi
>League of their own: Hoshimachi Suisei
>The odd one out: Robocosan
>(Miko and Suisei may be interchangeable)
Why is Roboco the odd one out when Miko and Suisei both joined hololive ~two years after the rest of gen0 shouldn't it be one of them? Miko is more gen3 and Suisei is more gen4 than anything.
>GEN 1
>Leader: Shirakami Fubuki
>Poster Child: Akai Haato
>Support: Aki Rosenthal
>League of their own: Natsuiro Matsuri
>The odd one out: Yozora Mel
why is Mel the odd one out when she had the first debut out of gen one? I feel like her and Aki should be swapped, especially seeing as Mel does way more collabs.
>GAMERS
looks good here.
>GEN 2
I would arrange it like this:
Leader: Minato Aqua
Poster Child: Murasaki Shion
Support: Yuzuki Choco
League of their own: Nakiri Ayame
The odd one out: Oozora Subaru
Subaru is definitely closer to gamers than her own gen, and in the beginning the difference between the other four gen 2 members and Subaru was really apparent. She couldn't get collabs at all and was doing completely different content.
>GEN 3
I don't think the Sankisei dynamic works in this format, every member plays every role interchangeably.
>GEN 4 ect.
don't watch enough of the members regularly to comment on their placements.

>> No.1798437

>>1776650
>being the leader comes from the idea that she's the embodiment of good idol and musical qualities, skill in games, and personality.

>Has Watson as the leader of EN

Face it, Coco is the leader of gen4. She took that position early on with Asacoco and turning their yabs into good content that helped them get through them. the talents went to Coco for advise, not Towa. Towa is more like poster child within these choices.

>> No.1798594

>>1786237
People on this board shit on her. Her genmates like her. I don’t think most of EN can be cleanly put into these roles, but Kiara definitely takes a leading role in collabs and she does well at it.

>> No.1798619

>>1779073
eh, she'd be more 'league of her own', she still fits in well with the group, particularly the trinity (sameina)

But She definitely has supported the other members in her own way, and Amelia fills the leader role more, while Gura is definitely not the support type. So if Ina isn't placed there, no one will be, and she is just the best fit, even if not a perfect 'mom' type.

>> No.1799536

>>1786237
>Even KFPs have been publicly telling her she has gone too far and is fucking things up way too much. When even your paypigs and yesmen are telling you you're doing something wrong, you know you fucked up.
When did this happen and in what context?

>> No.1799704

>>1799536
>When did this happen and in what context?
I mean obviously it didn't, anon is just a drama whore normalfag

>> No.1799731
File: 12 KB, 320x320, 1614852038644.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1786258
when there is no argument -> meds/shizo/kek/based
go to discord kid, your kind is over there, they have emotes you can spam

>> No.1807192

>>1799536
Check comments on the latest EN collab, when the girls were playing UNO. Highly liked comment is coming from a fag with KFP on his username who is also a member. A bunch of other KFP members are agreeing with him and piling up the criticism that she fucked up the collab this time and should learn to shut the fuck up. Also, multiple Kiara hate threads had some anons claiming to be KFPs and agreeing with all the criticism that had come her way as of lately. Take that for what you will.
>>1799704
Check the reply above as it also applies for you, newfag nigger motherfucker. Don't even call me a normalfag if you're not even able to conceal how fucking new you are, tourist. Enjoy the spoonfeed and off yourself when you're done.

>> No.1807705

>>1798237
Gen 2 was also going to be 4 members but Subaru Stacey'd her way in.

>> No.1807805

>>1771590
Towa is the Poster Child for Gen 4, Coco is the Leader.
She was an outcast where every fucking member avoid her, only recently she got pushed into collab roles for Gen 4. Since Kanata is pretty quiet, Coco got into chink problem, Watame wanted to do things on her own, and Luna does her own thing.

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action