[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vt/ - Virtual Youtubers

View post   

File: 1.70 MB, 1776x948, reddit.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
12852154 No.12852154 [Reply] [Original]

youtube is removing the dislike feature
how will this affect the vtuber community?

>> No.12852280

>>12852154
for good, no video has the "I don't like" for its content. everything is based on "this person has a partner, or changed company, etc"

>> No.12852376

>>12852280
it's true

>> No.12852473

>>12852154
They should get rid of likes too before someone cries about them not getting enough updoots

>> No.12852509

>>12852280
Retard. It will affect youtube as a whole. Now you can't tell anymore if some tutorial video isn't bullshit by just glancing at the dislike bard and need to watch a large portion of the video before you know.
Also people can't show their discontent at companies or youtube themselves forcing things on people and acting like everyone loves it. This is what it's all about. They want to take away people's ability to voice their discontent.
Instead of doing this they should work on identifying and fucking banning botnets abusing the dislike feature, but they never will because this is about censoring people.

>> No.12852528

>>12852154
Hate comments will go up 1000%.
All the people who just click the button now have to go into the comments and say "I don't like this" or much worse.

>> No.12852867

>>12852154
the ones that get into controversy often will definitely be more smug

>> No.12852888

>>12852154
???
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7v06WPysHQ

>> No.12852968

>>12852509
Silly Anon, we are talking about the vtuber community, not in general.

>> No.12853267
File: 241 KB, 349x377, 1618567784504.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

maybe gachikois will finally grow a pair and start downvoting shit they don't actually like.

>> No.12854113

>>12852154
>for us
it will be great, the intended use of the feature, see >>12852280 + chinks

>for the general public
really bad, the system was intended to help viewers to form an option about the content they were going to watch without being familiar with it

>> No.12854207

>>12852154
Wrongthink is wrong.

>> No.12854313

>>12852154
All out war in the comment section.

>> No.12854334

>>12852509
Youtube is dead, only Susantube remains.

>> No.12854410

>>12852154
It’s not being removed but the dislike count won’t be shown which is stupid as people will rely on comments on if it’s untrustworthy. To vtubers and the community it’s great as it’ll result in less drama(especially aqua who was quite hurt on the amount of dislikes on her apex video)

>> No.12854857

>>12854113
>the system was intended to help viewers to form an option about the content they were going to watch without being familiar with it

Oy vey, goyim, you don't see a problem with dis?

>> No.12854926

>>12854113
>for the general public
>>droolies can't form an opinion on their own
scams/bait/(politics) content make up a tiny amount of content, dislikes are just brigrade material

>> No.12855010

Probably won't help Aqua since she can still see it on the back-end. Stupid decision since there is already an option to remove it, if you are getting these targeted attacks by haters as he proclaims but we know it's really a way to protect big companies and maybe the white house from showing their disapproval. Not sure if this will greatly affect youtube since people are so complacent, they'll take something getting worse to the limit before they find some alternative that is better. I remember the reddit pao thing and off twitch for a day and they went back to their abusers pretty quickly like a beaten wife. People rarely change their place of congregation unless something really drastic happens where they can no longer go back. They may be up-in-arms now but they'll still use the platform so the bad decisions stick. Nothing changes and everyone is stuck with the new status quo.

>> No.12856337

>>12855010
>in general
The youtube model isn't profitable, live streaming video for just a cut of ad revenue was never really going to be worth it, unless bandwidth becomes 100x cheaper. If youtube could force ads, they might break even.
>vtubers
As far as vtuber channels go, they are definitely profitable for the streaming platform if they take a cut of memberships and superchats. I could see a smaller to mid tier vtuber corp making their own streaming platform, because at that level they really do need the money, and if they can just invest a bit to start, they will save money on youtube's cut in the long run. Of course there's the discoverability problem and being off youtube won't help that, but if, say, holo or niji does it and moves all streaming to their exclusive platform, there might be competition for youtube/twitch for once. Not that it would help the general public at all.

>> No.12856712

>>12856337
fuck the general public they chose their bed now they have to sleep in it

>> No.12857253

>>12852528
True but in a weird way that's good; at least there will be context to the negativity. 'traitor bitch' is more context than a dislike. If anything the controversial ones will see a algorithm boost due to engagement as people will reply to the hate comments.

>> No.12862648

>>12852528
this

Just make a trends to post "I don't like this" and like the comment if you agree.

>> No.12864886

THE VTUBER COMMUNITY?

>> No.12865124

>>12852528
>hate comments go up
>youtube disables comments
>all forms of user interaction is basically gone
>youtube becomes just another platform for large media corporations to feed consumers content rather than a platform for communities to engage in user generated content
YouTube is dead.

>> No.12865290

>>12852154
They are not removing dislikes, they are removing the dislike bar, what is significantly different.
For vtubers, it won't change anything. Creators will still be able to see that you disliked their shit, so antis can still bully chuubas.
This change is only to protect all the turbo garbage from big corporations that gets rightfully mass disliked like shit games full of propaganda and general MSM trash. Those are the people who actually get publicly "hurt" by the dislike bar and the ones who most likely pushed youtube into making this change. Now it's easier for them to pretend that all the shit they push out is publicly popular.

>> No.12865462

>>12854926
if you want the real answer, its because stuff that youtube has been told to push for political reasons get downvoted to oblivion. Now they won't. Simple as.

>> No.12865643

>>12852154
>use my comment as a dislike button
>uploader habitually disables comments
>their shitty videos get algorythm'd off the recommendations

Hmmm... adaptable in my opinion.

>> No.12865894 [DELETED] 

>>12865124
it will be fine/better. fuck your opinions. retards containment break (in youtube) and give shit jokes or references in music, informative videos or give fart-sniffing essays that take away from the subject. do you really want to watch a good chuuba original song, and then some drooling retard go:
>Her best live performance of this song is during her singing stream yesterday (post-Coco graduation).

Suisei told us during HoloTalk and I understood GHOST to mean like a struggle to be recognized by people who look down on Vtubers or wouldn't even spare them a glance. In a way, that's how Coco lived too right? Coco struggled early on and eventually earned her spot as the legendary dragon who has inspired so many Vtubers and even amassed her own treasure hoard of SCs. Seeing how people have sent her off, it seems that she has broken the "curse" of being a ghost. Now, despite her leaving, she isn't some fleeting existence that everyone will forget shortly after.

Truthfully, a Vtuber can be likened to such an ephemeral existence because a lot of those who graduate end up having their archives wiped thus making it harder to remember them. Coco's situation is different. If you check the official Hololive site's talent roster, you will now see [OG Alumnus] next to Coco's name. Her channel will stay alive (apart from membership content) for everyone to visit whenever they want.

So now, GHOST is like that song I'd liken to an anthem for Vtubers. It's a song filled with the feelings of struggle a Vtuber would feel, as well as their aspirations to break free from being a forgettable existence. And who better to have written this song than a veteran like Sui!

Edit: Wow, I'm glad to see that a lot of people seem to have liked this comment of mine. I'd just like to add I've noticed a lot of Vtubers started covering this song which makes me feel like I did understand the significance of the song!
go die.
>>12865462
likely, if you see mainstream tv stuff or the news, its rife with mass dislikes (the real "problem" for them is the comments desu)

>> No.12865937

>>12865124
it will be fine/better. fuck your opinions. retards containment break (in youtube) and give shit jokes or references in music, informative videos or give fart-sniffing essays that take away from the subject. do you really want to watch a good chuuba original song, and then some drooling retard go:
>Her best live performance of this song is during her singing stream yesterday (post-Coco graduation).

>Suisei told us during HoloTalk and I understood GHOST to mean like a struggle to be recognized by people who look down on Vtubers or wouldn't even spare them a glance. In a way, that's how Coco lived too right? Coco struggled early on and eventually earned her spot as the legendary dragon who has inspired so many Vtubers and even amassed her own treasure hoard of SCs. Seeing how people have sent her off, it seems that she has broken the "curse" of being a ghost. Now, despite her leaving, she isn't some fleeting existence that everyone will forget shortly after.

>Truthfully, a Vtuber can be likened to such an ephemeral existence because a lot of those who graduate end up having their archives wiped thus making it harder to remember them. Coco's situation is different. If you check the official Hololive site's talent roster, you will now see [OG Alumnus] next to Coco's name. Her channel will stay alive (apart from membership content) for everyone to visit whenever they want.

>So now, GHOST is like that song I'd liken to an anthem for Vtubers. It's a song filled with the feelings of struggle a Vtuber would feel, as well as their aspirations to break free from being a forgettable existence. And who better to have written this song than a veteran like Sui!

>Edit: Wow, I'm glad to see that a lot of people seem to have liked this comment of mine. I'd just like to add I've noticed a lot of Vtubers started covering this song which makes me feel like I did understand the significance of the song!
go die.
>>12865462
likely, if you see mainstream tv stuff or the news, its rife with mass dislikes (the real "problem" for them is the comments desu)

>> No.12865958 [DELETED] 
File: 31 KB, 491x625, 167483838488484.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

NOOOO WHY IS YOUTUBE REMOVING DISLIKES???!!! HOW CAN I LET HER KNOW I'M MAD AT HER?? HOW CAN I MAKE HER SAD NOW?? HOW CAN I EXPRESS MY ANGER AT MALE COLLABS IN THE COMMENTS NOW??!! PEOPLE ARE GONNA CALL ME AN INCEL!!!

>> No.12866077 [DELETED] 
File: 31 KB, 491x625, 167483838488484.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

> NOOOO WHY IS YOUTUBE REMOVING DISLIKES???!!! HOW CAN I LET HER KNOW I'M MAD AT HER?? HOW CAN I MAKE HER SAD NOW?? HOW CAN I EXPRESS MY ANGER AT MALE COLLABS IN THE COMMENTS NOW??!! PEOPLE ARE GONNA CALL ME AN INCEL!!!

>> No.12866089

>>12865462
All the recently promoted videos about the vaccines had TONS of dislikes, wouldn't be surprised if that has a part in this

>> No.12866522

Now people will be able to fake "everyone hates it!!! [insert group] is upset!!" without any dislike count to actually reference as true
Something that would've gotten 300 dislikes will now be peddled here as the end of the world and the death of Hololive
I hate it

>> No.12866828

Looks like the viewers have to figure out by themselves whether they like the videos now

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action