[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vt/ - Virtual Youtubers

View post   

File: 222 KB, 1961x2048, qg941af0wsv51.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
1131277 No.1131277 [Reply] [Original]

epic games just bought mediatonic

you think they will delete all the fall guys streams and okayu's hatoful boyfriend stream?

>> No.1131581

I don't think Epic has anything against people streaming their games, but even if they did Devolver still has publishing rights for the near future(and is doing the switch version) so they wouldn't have any legal recourse to even do it. You can panic when fallguys gets pulled from steam in a year or three since that means the publishing agreement with devolver has run out.

>> No.1131680

>>1131581
but epic is own by tencent and china really doesn't like hololive

>> No.1131749

>>1131680
Tencent only has a 40% stake. So far at least, Tim has shown remarkable resistance to Chinese pressured compared to even companies with no Chinese stake

>> No.1131851

>>1131680
Without a majority stake they'd need to get other shareholders to agree to pressure the company, which is something I doubt they'd do as they have far more important uses for their leverage

>> No.1131942

>>1131749
It's probably because he is desperate to convince the gaming community that the exclusives aren't bought with Chinese money.
Also, fall guys was a fluke caused by being the only Devolver game released last year, Devolver running great ad campaigns for it, and it releasing during a drought. mediatonic are hacks who can't figure out how to sanitize the player names on the victory screen despite being able to do so in game, so the just resolved to hide everyone's player names on PC forever.
I'd much rather the holos play something else, like unfortunate spacemen.

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action