[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 1.86 MB, 2100x1535, 976.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9997962 No.9997962 [Reply] [Original]

What are your thoughts on video game randomizers? The Castlevania N64 randomizer reframes the game as a more open-ended experience where you'll have to visit many different areas to find the keys and items you need to progress. Obviously it makes the game a little different each time you play it too. I haven't tried it yet but I like it in concept.

>> No.9997968

Windwaker, etc.

>> No.9998060

>>9997968
Ashley mod

>> No.9998326

Holy shit a Castlevania 64 randomizer? This is like Christmas, thank you!

>> No.9998361

>>9998326
I just gave it a shot, setting it up is relatively painless and it plays great, the creator of this really took everything into account and you have a very customizable experience. For instance you can remove day/night restrictions, or you can have the game require that you beat every boss before the door to Dracula will open, among a few other optional conditions. You can even set it up to make sure that every item is collectible and available with the seed you're given. It's neat and very thorough from what I've seen so far and is sure to be something I'll be playing around with for a while, just make sure to browse all of the settings in the YAML file and understand what they all do.
I wish you didn't have to generate a new rom each time you wanted a new seed but I'll take what I can get.