[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 169 KB, 1024x768, 4572352.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9997794 No.9997794 [Reply] [Original]

Favorite ways of exploiting intended game mechanics?

>> No.9998374

>play old RPG where you can have more characters generated than currently in party
>generate characters just to rob them of their starting crap and sell it off, then delete them
>start with best gear available in starting town, skip early-game grinding on slimes/bats/skeletons
I hate the starting grind.
>build only a single port in Colonization, or keep the rest without a stockade and wipe them out when ready to go independent
>build/buy fleet of frigates
>declare independence
>european home country will dump entire army outside the lone port and park all war galleons outside
>lay waste to neatly clustered navy with frigates, smash what army got dropped off
>win quickly
They only go after ports until they make landfall, makes it easy to know exactly where you'll need your army.
>BF1942
>finding a somewhat quiet place on a control point to hide with my machine gun at the ready
>enemy suddenly loses point, can't re-cap it, has to hunt around to find me
>or enemy tries to take point, kills off resistance, can't cap point while reinforcements arrive
That church in Operation Market Garden is fantastic for hiding. Laying down between the pews, crouched in the tower, I've had people on the hunt for me just run right past me. Those two bunkers near the bridges are also good places to camp. The one on the west side can be camped under the bridge. The one on the east side can be camped in front of the bunker facing the bridge, and most people won't even check there. You know you're doing it right when people can't do quick blitzkriegs of checkpoints anymore, and do a search of the local area every time they are capping.

>> No.9998664
File: 5 KB, 786x508, Nethack_releasing_a_djinni.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Repeatedly using a pet to steal from a shop keeper and then selling his shit back to him in Nethack.

>> No.9998941

>>9997794
>>9998374
omg this is worse than embarrassing

>> No.9998945

Buying a merchants entire stock of an item for cheap and reselling them to the same merchant with increased cost, repeat until swimming in gold

>> No.9999063

>>9998941
>doesn't play videogames so has nothing to contribute
>screeches that others are embarrassing

>> No.9999387

>>9999063
>doesn't play videogames so has nothing to contribute
>parrots youtube for attention
>screeches when it embarrasses itself
Many such cases

>> No.9999541

>>9997794