[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 288 KB, 352x500, ghosts-n-goblins-cover.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9946259 No.9946259 [Reply] [Original]

Been getting into this series recently and it's great, I can't believe I never played much of it before despite being a Castlevania fan (and CV is an obvious GnG clone)

Favourite title? I would say that Super is probably the most refined titled once you turn on overclocking on your emulator, however, I admit that I can't fucking beat it. I've been stuck on the last stage of the second loop for 4-5 hours over the course of 2 days trying again and again and I just can't manage to reach the final boss with the secret power weapon, either I get killed by Nebiroth or worse, Astaroth, because they keep changing the timing of their patterns to surprise, or worse, the setup with the ghosts and chests gets me before I can even get there.

is the Arrange mode of the GBA version worth it?

>> No.9946280
File: 2.79 MB, 512x480, FML.webm [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I mean c'mon

Seriously

>> No.9946312

>>9946280
I hate the last stage in the second loop in super ghouls and ghosts. Why is the time limit so strict and the goddess fist is complete shit if you don't get the max level armor. I'd always get hit by those cloud things and have to redo the entire stage, complete bullshit level.

>> No.9946321
File: 2.52 MB, 2792x4096, Fhu2sniXkAIIB7D.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Daimakaimura is the best and it's not even close. Arthur has the best controls here and the level designs have actual well thought out platforming to go along with the crazy enemies.

>> No.9946320

i only very briefly played the nes ghosts n goblins when i was a kid. i rented super ghouls n ghosts a lot though, despite it being way too hard for me. got the gba version when it came out. i never really cared for the whole "2 loops" thing and never even attempted it. if i did reach the end of the first loop that was always enough for me. id like to play some of the other games but they look preposterously difficult

>> No.9946326 [SPOILER] 
File: 16 KB, 256x239, Super Ghouls 'N Ghosts (U) [!]_012.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I finally did it, I guess the final incentive I needed was making this thread

>>9946312
it's certainly the hardest part in the series, and yes the bracelet power is shit if not upgraded. I couldn't come up with a strategy to beat Red Arimer with it which is why my strategy was the following and why it was time consuming
>get the crossbow bolts from the first chest at the start of the stage
>if another weapon spawns, die and try again (that's the time consuming part)
> upgrade the crossbow just before Arimer at which point it's almost like he's not even there
>reach the last chest just at the start of the ghosts/mimic segment without getting hit (usually not a problem), at which point you get the bracelet just before the bosses

>>9946321
I really liked it, the controls feel snappy and the moves are fluid, however I felt that the game was too easy. Shit only starts getting real in the second loop.