[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 179 KB, 800x1160, 68bo5a7vlew71.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9945496 No.9945496 [Reply] [Original]

Has anybody tried playing through VC using the reverse engineered port? I tried playing GTA 3 using re3 and it worked perfectly, but reVC still seems to have some bugs, for example, the sfx of the shotgun racking a shell into the chamber doesn't play at all and I can't seem to fix it. I'm guessing since T2 forced the devs to stop working on the project, reVC will remain buggy. Has anyone encountered this problem?

A shame, since the game looks fantastic with the reVC graphical enhancements, but I guess I'll just have to use good old silent patch.

>> No.9945581

That's how i play it and the problem you mentioned is the only one i've encountered, i don't seem to recall many bugs.

>> No.9945615

>>9945581
Oh, that's good to know. Some of the research I did said that the game tended to crash after completing the Riot mission, and that lots of other bugs made the game borderline unplayable.

Were you able to fix the bug about weapon sounds not playing properly? It's such a small bug but it's driving me crazy, it should be a simple fix.

>> No.9946196

>>9945615
i've beat the game twice and it didn't crash not even once, as for the shotgun glitch, no i haven't fixed it i don't even notice it most of the time, but like you said it should be an easy fix.

>> No.9946591

I've played a decent chunk of Vice City in reVC and the boat missions were all completely broken unless you played it at 30fps. The boat just doesn't go fast enough for you to have a chance of beating them. Very odd.

>> No.9946736
File: 337 KB, 640x480, colours_sharptrails.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9946196
I haven't been able to figure out what's causing the sound effects bug, that's why I made this thread, to see if anybody else had been able to fix it. In the meantime I settled for using a big modpack for VC, it makes it almost identical to reVC.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=706270825

This modpack has a ton of features, too many to list, but most of them are pretty good. The only one I didn't like was AI upscaled texture pack, as some of the upscales looked kind of awful, but it's easy to modify the files to go back to vanilla textures. It also has a mod called sharptrails which gives the game a cleaner version of the ps2 trails effect, the motion blur is not as heavy.

>>9946591
That's a known issue with all 3D era GTAs, the game starts to act up if you play it beyond 30fps. There's actually a mod that fixes that problem, but I'm not sure if it's compatible with reVC.

https://www.mixmods.com.br/2022/08/iii-vc-sa-framerate-vigilante/

>> No.9946874

>>9946591
Yeah unfortunately these are games from back when it was extremely common for developers to use a fixed logic for a certain framerate for essential game physics. The boats are the most notable example but cars reversing also barely works at higher framerates. It's not super noticable at a 60FPS cap but with an uncapped framerate with how fast modern PCs can run the game car will barely move when trying to reverse.

Just sucks Take 2 went on the DMCA warpath then shit out a horrible "definitive" edition because this decomp would have allowed for all these major physics issues to be pretty easily fixed and could have opened up an amazing modding scene.

>> No.9946945

>>9946874
Don’t worry, the free market will fix it eventually.

>> No.9946959
File: 637 KB, 1836x2448, mp3.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9946945
GTA VI's fate

>> No.9947008

>>9946736
For what it's worth I found that reVC performed better and had more responsive control than the original PC Vice City on my toaster laptop