[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 47 KB, 370x270, Final_Fantasy_Mystic_US_boxart.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9934936 No.9934936 [Reply] [Original]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaMNKS-LNTQ

Why is it STILL the GOAT OST, 30 years later? Why aren't games made with this level of passion, soul and fun anymore? Why did everyone's spirit, happiness and creativity just fucking die?

>> No.9934975

>>9934936
It was a great game. Don't know why people shit on it so much. But yea OST was also great

https://youtu.be/UiBS_JGqy2Q

>> No.9934986

/vrpg/ HATES this fucking game so much. so do FF fans in general

>> No.9934989

>>9934986
The more they hate it, the more my dick gets hard

>> No.9935008

>>9934975
>>9934986
Anyone who hates this game had an objectively shit childhood.
>Actually use weapons outside of combat
>Static/visible enemy encounters
>Best OST
>Well-written characters
>Not just a walking/random encounter simulator
Easily the best retro tendie FF.

>> No.9935031

>>9934986
I don't hate it, but I definitely dislike the fact that this was the reason we didn't get FF5 (aka the best one) in the west for a decade

>> No.9935378

>>9934975
Never tried! By the time my family could afford an SNES FF4 was the jam.. I never thought to play the game because the magazines I read said it was babbys first RPG.

>> No.9935385

>>9935031
Fair.

I'm pissed we got no Dragon Warrior/Quest in NA that entire period. Had some GB/GBC games but no mainline until PSX DW7.

And then they teased a PSX remake of DW4, which was my all-time fav... then nothing.

Sucked for me back then.

>> No.9935524

>>9935008

I played through it on rental as a kid and thought it was just okay. I agree that using weapons as tools is good, and yeah I like the music. But I didn't like the graphics, the small adventuring party, or the node-based world map.

I guess today I might like the visible enemies, but back then that didn't mean anything to me. I had endless patience for JRPG battles if I liked the game. (And even today, being free of random battles only means a lot to me if it's part of a system the game uses to actually arrange CHALLENGING battles, for example by limiting the total number of experience points you can possibly gather prior to a given battle. But this game doesn't have challenging battles.)

>> No.9936468

>>9934936
This game aged better than all SNES FFs.

>> No.9936645

>>9935378
It's really not as baby-ish as people act desu. I mean, sure, it's relatively easy. But the ice & volcano areas as well as Pazuzu's Tower can actually be kind of a pain in the ass, as long as you don't over-level or spam heals & OP spells. Even then, some battles are just gonna be forced losses when your whole party gets petrified. ("Artificial difficulty" though it may be, it's still preferable over being a cakewalk). It's kinda as easy as you want it to be.

Nonetheless, the OST, characters, atmosphere, unique weapons, enemies that change appearance & movesets the lower their HP gets.. All make it more than worth playing, as long as you're not a soulsfag who needs every game to be a sweatfest.

>> No.9936717

>Don't know why people shit on it so much.
It's the SNES tendie equivalent of FF7, Quest 64, Golden Sun and nu-Pissona tailored to proto zooms with mental deficiency issues who can only digest to action rpg pigshit like Zelda and Devil Gay Cry.

This game was made to get more people into FF but as you can already see in this thread, it already backfired and created some weirdos who shit on the games.

>> No.9936718

>>9934936
Dogshit, play more better Jammerpigs.

>> No.9936723

>>9934986
Good, it's not that great.
Only ironic shitters seem to gravitate to it, similar to Underfaggots within the rest of the retro gaming space.

>> No.9936731

>>9935008
>Well-written characters
>least dialogue heavy "FF" game
USA Fantasy fags have to lie to defend there garbage

>>9935031
At least we got the GBA release

>> No.9936792

>>9935031
> but I definitely dislike the fact that this was the reason we didn't get FF5
At least you got dumbed-down 4 and 6. In Europe, Mystic Quest was the only SNES Final Fantasy we had until the very late PS ports.

>> No.9936862

>>9936792
VI wasn't "dumbed down" in any way, unless you mean censorship.