[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 25 KB, 256x324, sm's alpha centauri.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9913803 No.9913803 [Reply] [Original]

>play any Civilization game or related spinoff (AC, Colonization, Call to Power)
>enjoy the early exploration, expansion, and economic gameplay
>going to war is an absolute tedious chore and I end up dropping my campaign
They just could never figure out how to make the combat in these games fun and it's not due to a lack of depth.

>> No.9913808
File: 20 KB, 200x236, MoM.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Feel free to post 4x games with fun military gameplay ITT btw

>> No.9914172

>>9913803
>going to war is an absolute tedious chore and I end up dropping my campaign
Absolutely true. Even today I wage war with a few units and save/reload as necessary.

>> No.9915634

>>9913803
supply crawler spam destroys the game

>> No.9915640

Civ 4 is the best civ game because even warfare doesn’t devolve into tedious micromanagement.

>> No.9917523

>>9915640
True, but warfare in Civ 4 devolves into building giant stacks of doom. The real reason it's the best Civ game is because of total conversion mods like FFH2.

>> No.9919058

>>9915634
Yeah it's pretty OP, that + morgan = ez mode even on the hardest.

>>9915640
I personally didn't enjoy the newer civ combat, and I tend to play on harder difficutilys I'm not a brainlet and started civ series on colonization, but civ 4 col... I haven't beat on brainlet mode. I just can't I don't know what's wrong with me/it.

Frankly I'd give it another whirl if you have tips.

It's to me not the worst combat is kinda meh it's a mild part of a bigger system, that well by today shows it's age.

Either way Alpha centauri and the novels it's based on are just the best and highly suggest everyone give em a whirl.

Some other fun tricks, if you want war, go green or zealot not spartan. Abusing the tech tree spam can let you free up enough money to make up for that factions down falls while not being super rich unless you get lucky. Lastly, lal is always slime, both to play as and deal with, violence is the best way to solve space un 2 pajeet boogaloo.

>> No.9919136

>>9913803
>play civ 3
>turtle until bombers
>take over the world with bomber spam
simple as

>> No.9920793

Bump