[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 45 KB, 260x226, Bomberman Tournament (2).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
985979 No.985979 [Reply] [Original]

Hi /vr/. I just remembered Bomberman Tournament and how it was fun collecting the Karabons. Are there any other games where you collect creatures like in pokemon? But like, preferably where they do stuff, like maybe sometimes you fight them, sometimes you solve a puzzle to get them, sometimes you might simply need to find them...

>> No.987724

op can you give me your opinion on this game and some background info on it? I'm a big bomberman fan but I never played the original games, only the 3 on the N64 and really liked them as a kid. I'm looking into buying games I will play and selling my valuable games I don't like so if these older bomberman games are great fun then I would love to get in on the action. I also have a Bomberman SNES controller adapter so you can have up to 6 people playing bomberman, I haven't been able to use it yet because NBA Jam and Secret of Mana are the only games I have with more than 2 players able to play.

>> No.987745

I remember playing bomberman quest on gameboy color and this bomberman tournament looks like it has similar gameplay to it (zelda-like) so i'll have to check it out.

>> No.987769

>>987724
I also played the N64 Bombermans a good deal, and personally I was not a fan of Bomberman Tournament. I just don't like the 'classic' bomberman with cross explosions and trying to quarry in mindless wondering monsters. Adding a Zelda-like adventure to it was cool, but it was still the same slow, more-puzzle-than-action game that I dislike. I feel like the 3D games on N64 offered a more dynamic and interesting Bomberman, and those games which deviated in favor of the original design were less enjoyable for me.

Honestly, I wish that there had been more Bomberman games like Bomberman Hero. Definitely my favorite of the series.

>> No.987771

>>985979
Also, if you're looking for monster capture games, then this is what I got:

>Shin Megami Tensei series
>Monster Rancher series
>Dragon Quest Monsters series

There are more than that but I can't remember them all at the moment. They were pretty numerous after Pokemon came around.

>> No.987781

So... GBA games are allowed here? I thought they wasn't.

Pls respond.

>> No.987785

Collect creatures games huh?

How about collect creatures souls? Castlevania Aria of Sorrow

>> No.987823

Golden Sun?

>> No.987856

>>987781
They're not. OP is just using it as an example to find games like it.

>> No.987881

>>987781
>>987856

Why aren't they?

>> No.987902

>>987881
Because you touch yourself at night. That and the GBA was released in 2001.

>> No.988114

>>987902
Oh, okay.

>> No.988167

>>987902

Seems weird that the cutoff is 1999. I mean the GBA came out twelve fucking years ago and is two generations behind current handhelds, you figure that would be retro by now.

>> No.988532

>>988167
They made GBA games until 2008. It will take at least 10 years before it becomes retro.