[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 215 KB, 1000x828, MMX5Group.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9827973 No.9827973 [Reply] [Original]

I don't think a single human character appears anywhere in person, right? Besides Dr. Light in hologram form, Dr. Cain is only referenced in text crawls iirc

>> No.9827984

>>9827973
Didn't they eventually crossbreed at some point? My old brain remembers reading that at some point, but probably bullshit

>> No.9827989

>>9827973
Dr. Cain doesn't appear outside the manual lore in the first game for some reason, but he's in later ones.

>> No.9828002

>>9827973
too busy having sex with their new reploid wives

>> No.9828127
File: 536 KB, 1091x1068, 1678755095287838.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9827984
>Didn't they eventually crossbreed at some point?
IIRC that happens during the mmZERO era, when X was in charge the humans lived normally on the surface until the space colony crashed on earth, making the remaining survivors resort to underground cities to escape the fall out or whatnot caused by the event.

Then the elf wars began and everything went to shit even more, and that eventually led to the creation of Neo Arcadia, the utopia created to safeguard the few remaining pure humans.

By this point the barrier of human/reploid was crossed in both directions, human upgrading themselves with technology and reploids becoming almost indistinguishable of humans to the point some of even opted to have a normal human life span (like the old reploid in mmZ-2 who fell in love with a human woman) to die with their loved ones.

Also, thanks to cyber elf technology and the digital space we sort of reached immortality for both sides turning anyone in data that could be uploaded and exist in this new digital world, just like how X was while his body was used to imprison the mother elf.

I cannot speak much about the ZX series since I only played the 1st one but I think things got a little bit better for the planet by that point.

>> No.9828148

>>9827973
They're mentioned mostly as casualties, especially since X4 and X5 that you go around the globe fighting Maverics instead of finding them on an island.
Sky Lagoon? There were people in it. Eurasia Colony? I bet there were before Dynamo hijacked it and set it to collide on Earth. By X6 most humans live underground because most of the surface can't be inhabited due to the Eurasia incident.
>>9827984
That's ZX. By MMZ, all humans lived in a citadel called Neo Arcadia, safeguarded by Copy X and his Reploids. Copy X dies twice, Dr. Weil takes control, MMZ4 happens and by the time ZX rolls in, technology has advanced so much that you can't tell a human from a Reploid apart, making them the same thing for the most part.

>> No.9828179

>>9827973
Dr. Cain was in X2 and X3. No humans appear in X4 but they technically drive the plot since it's humans who are pulling the strings of the Maverick Hunters and forcing them to become a hit squad against any reploid that isn't completely servile.

>> No.9828215

>>9828127
reploids don't breed with humans, i remember humanity as gone extinct in the zero series, so what you see are all reploids, humans don't exist anymore

in the x series, humans still exist and reploids are very rare, but humans normally don't make appeareances in the game

>> No.9828221

>>9828148
this, humans lived in neo arcadia in the zero series

>> No.9828234
File: 153 KB, 1280x720, maxresdefault.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9828215
>reploids don't breed with humans
of course not you beaver, but they do fuck, a lot.
> i remember humanity as gone extinct in the zero series
read my post again, the were still humans alive during the mmZ era that's the whole point of creating Neo Arcadia.

The old guy confirms this in his tale about his lover and why he looks like that.

>> No.9828349
File: 414 KB, 1919x1079, LOL.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>X5
>Eurasia colony crashes, basically starting nuclear winter
>It'll take forever for this to get fixed
>Humans go underground, reploids try to clean up
>Elves are made to speed this up
>Dr. Weil (a human) corrupts the "Mother Elf" to fuck things up
>Elf Wars happen, X and Zero fuck off
>Humans make Copy X and they all go to live in Neo Arcadia
>Whoops; Copy X is evil and labels even humans who go against his wishes as Mavericks to be killed
>Human looking Reploids now bear red triangles on their heads
>Zero 1
>Zero wakes up and fixes this shit
>Last shot of Zero 4 is literally his broken helmet in a field of flowers
>Earth heals alot; to the point to where humans can live on the surface again
>Technology advances to the point to where there's barely any difference between Reploids and Humans aside from the red triangle thing
>ZX1

>> No.9828352

>>9828234
Isn't there a human/reploid couple in the first ZX that have a baby in ZX2?

>> No.9828360

>>9828352
no idea, only played it once and didn't care to play the next one since there was no more megaman games to finish the story

>> No.9828369
File: 18 KB, 480x360, hqdefault-3543754869.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9827973
You see Dr. Cain in X2, as in outright talk to him.

You don't see humans in Maverick Hunter base because being a hunter is a dangerous job and it's generally understood their HQ gets attacked once every other week. There are likely humans working there, but we'll never see them anywhere around X because danger just seems to follow him.

>> No.9828375

>>9828349
>>Technology advances to the point to where there's barely any difference between Reploids and Humans aside from the red triangle thing
Oh, there's still some difference. Humans get to mod themselves with cyborg parts to match Reploids, while Reploids now have to deal with the return of the government-mandated "kill date" so that they're mortal like Humans. The bridge to true Carbons (in Legends) isn't fully there yet.

>>9828352
No.

>> No.9828462

>>9827973
>Where are the humans in the Mega Man X series?
The only real human that makes an appearancei n the X series is Dr. Cain. Humans are not shown because the series is entirely focused on the reploids' views of the world, which is really interesting. The absence of humans makes them into an unseen boogeyman that decides who lives and who is branded a maverick to be disposed of for human society's sake.

>> No.9828473

>>9828349
>>Humans make Copy X and they all go to live in Neo Arcadia
Real X ruled over Neo Arcadia for a while before Copy X and it was basically the utopia of the entire franchise until he left.

>> No.9828497
File: 107 KB, 600x954, Vent's mom.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9828127
>>9828215
>>9828234
You're both dumbasses.

The humans live regular lives in Mega Man X but they don't interact with our perspective character of X, since he's basically married to the job. After the Eurasia incident they began living underground until cities were rebuilt due to the pollution caused by the Eurasia. Nature was already gone by 21XX, all forests are biotech, but following the colony crash, most of the world became a wasteland. Environmental systems were put in place to clean the pollution and radiation in the crash site.

In 24XX, the little humanity that remains live in Neo Arcadia. There's a lot of uneasiness and intolerance between humans and reploids, and this led to Copy X to claim all reploids to be Maverick to please humanity. Ciel lamented she led to this and swore to bridge the gap between humans and reploids.

By 26XX, ZX series, that gap has been closed, they're both now humanoids, Humans are cybernetically augmented and reploids are really close to humans, capable to even aging and death, something Ciel did inspired by the love story between the reploid Andrew and his wife. This is the last stopgap between carbons, artifical life forms that are completely identical to humans except for their capacity to modify themselves and interface with technology.

In the official art books, there's a sketch of Vent's/Aile's mother, drawn by the mangaka of the ZX manga as a guest for that illustration.

The dates (24XX, 26XX for Zero and ZX) come from Rockman 11 Production Book.

>> No.9828541

>>9828497
I forgot to add to this: As a single "species" of Humanoids, Reploids and humans can breed amongst each other, possibly by nanotechnology just how Hideki Ishikawa once commented carbons work based around cell-sized Reaverbots. The only way to distinguish born-humans and built-at-a-lab reploids is the latter have triangles on their foreheads. As you can see, Vent's/Aile's mom has a triangle, much like Girouette and Prairie, therefore she is a Reploid and her husband must've been the human in the relationship.

Also neglected to mention Neo Arcadia is essentiallly a whole country concealed within a massive dome to protect from the ruined environment following the Elf Wars.

>> No.9828543

>>9828215
>reploids don't breed with humans
And then ZX happened! FUCKABLE ROBOTS! HALLELUJAAAAAAAAH

>> No.9828590
File: 357 KB, 562x1000, __aile_mega_man_and_1_more_drawn_by_cougar_cougar1404__922c839c4f1a2b8af8bc892c6fb43227.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9828543
finally
dr light's dream realized

>> No.9828825

>>9828127
Thank god Zero and the other DS series aren't canon. It's dark depressing nonsense for the sake of it.

>> No.9828993
File: 41 KB, 642x393, 1664305318368461.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9828825
So X isn't canon either, then?

>> No.9829027

>>9828825
are you retarded?

>> No.9829156

>>9828590
all it took was pointless mass death

>> No.9829220

>>9828497
Isn't X6 and onwards more like an alternate story where Zero does not sleep forever? So X6-8 plus Command Mission are unrelated to X5-MMZ. Seems like they did that because the real story was getting too depressing.

>> No.9829224
File: 33 KB, 398x390, spergcat.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9829027
yesh

>> No.9829227

>>9829220
Zero went to sleep after the X series. X5 canon ending is the one where he dies and later "hides himself while repairing himself" in X6.

>> No.9829343

>>9828148
>especially since X4 and X5
Yeah they definitely are around in X4 considering the Colonel mentions humans a few times in an early cutscene and it's very clear humans are around still.

>> No.9829448
File: 8 KB, 256x224, didn't_happen.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9829227
>later "hides himself while repairing himself" in X6.
This is actually a hilaribard translation. He actually has no idea how he niraculously came back. Even disregarding that, he reveals in the English version to one or two Light capsules that he has no idea, implying Wily had a capsule counterpart that fixed him and that he was just putting a front for X. This talking point needs to be laughed out of all spheres of influence and collectively ignored just like the fanbase at large did to "I AM MORE THAN A ROBOT DUR WILY" in 7.

>> No.9829472

>>9829448
The Wily virus had evolved to be able to physically manifest itself in the real world after the cyberspace anomaly incident. It likely repaired him like the Nightmare virus (which is based on Zero) reconstitutes its body when destroyed.

>> No.9829482

>>9828462
This poster is a repliforce sympathizer; don't believe his lies

>> No.9829485

>>9829227
>Zero went to sleep after the X series
Will we ever know why??

>> No.9829518

>>9829220
Command Mission is the only one whose canon status is up to debate. The director confirmed he did CM with the intention of it being non-canon but ultimately it's on the marketing team if the game becomes canon.

>https://web.archive.org/web/20121106001623/http://www.1up.com/features/mega-man-command-mission-interview

The Rockman Zero Collection (NDS) Website had a truncated timeline segment which mentions X6, and Makoto Yabe in his interview with Rockman Unity revealed that the reason they danced around X7 and X8 is due to Axl's fate still being unknown, and since Capcom barred them from interacting with Value Wave and Okamoto, he had to catch up with the X games on the spot and write around it. Only a bit of information came out on other materials like that interview and the OCW book, such as Area X-2 from MMZ3 being the Jakob (thus where you fight Copy X MK-2 is the same spaceport where you fight Vile V in X8),

>>9828825
Unfortunately for you, no matter how much Taicom copes, MMZ and ZX remain canon, as confirmed by the Rockman 11 Production Book, which gave us the official dates for those games and for Legends as 24XX, 26XX and 80XX.

>>9829227
>>9829448
>>9829485
What Zero's VA says during the "repair myself" infamous line is "You were on the same condition as me, yet you ask me how I survived when you yourself stand before me? I don't know exactly, but when I woke up I already had a body". Zero follows on this with Dr. Light in the Mijinion capsule.

>>9829472
Wily is in X6 as Isoc. Not only does he have the same VA as Wily, he breaks into his classic mad scientist laughter when Zero succeeds against High Max, Gate alludes to Zero's revival as Isoc's "research" and insists on calling Zero a "robot", not a reploid. He even has some parting words if Zero destroys High Max for good.

>>9829472
Accoding to Inafune back in his Capcom Unity AMA, Wily is still around as the original Maverick Virus' AI. That's how he comes back as Serges and Isoc.

>> No.9829547
File: 23 KB, 240x151, Mmx5Gamma%3F.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9829518
>Wily is in X6 as Isoc.
I still don't get how Wily repaired him and yet Isoc is looking for him. That's a whole missing side story or radio drama right there.
>Accoding to Inafune back in his Capcom Unity AMA, Wily is still around as the original Maverick Virus' AI.
So Sigma's just a puppet for that old bastard all along. Possibly even X8 too if I understand the Lumine thing correctly. Son of a bitch. But wait, why did Sigma act as if he met Wily recently at the end of X5?

>> No.9829560

>>9828375
Carbons are not human or human hybrids, they’re literally just advanced reploids.

>> No.9829568

>>9829547
Wily let his robot roam about knowing he'd return to combat. Wily is an incredibly petty bastard, he built High Max with the intention to surpass X and Zero's capacities as a test to reaffirm himself that Zero's his magnum opus.

>"Go! Go now, Zero... you're the most powerful robot in the world."

The Sigma Virus is a curious thing, Sigma's AI somehow instead of being absorbed by the virus and becoming just a rampaging malfunctioning machine, largely kept the personality, at least in X1. From what Doppler implies in X3 when he says "Sigma's real form is a computer virus", there's a good chance we probably fought the real Sigma only in X1, and everything else has been the modified "Sigma Virus" using Sigma's personality and memories like a skin walker. After all, Sigma's original goal in X1 was to demonstrate reploid superiority and evolution, the colony drop does NOT help on that, at that point it's just the Sigma Virus seeking to propagate itself. In X8, not only is his form purely viral barely held together by scrap, he's content about propagating in Next Gen Reploids.

>But wait, why did Sigma act as if he met Wily recently at the end of X5?
It's a little bit of bad wording in the translation with a little bit of bad writing but Sigma met Wily as far back as X2, while he was under the guise of Serges. Wily revealed himself most likely during X4 when Sigma returned without any explanation, the game clues us in that Wily's involved with the misinformation campaign led by Split Mushroom and Cyber Peacock so the Repliforce would engage in violent acts despite General's original order of "this isn't a rebellion nor insurrection". the reactor room does have a cartoony skull in the background, Wily's calling card.

>Sigma's a puppet
By X4 and X5 he sure was. Wily's spiteful Light's work became the basis for the 22nd century society and wants to destroy it all.

>>9829560
In this sense, Sigma won a phyrric victory. Reploids replaced humans and evolved.

>> No.9829572

>>9829518
I know who Isoc is but he only slightly assisted Gate in reverse engineering Zero and making his DNA into the Nightmare virus as the latter did most of the work.
>That's how he comes back as Serges
As strong as the hints may be I don't know if they were ever explicitly confirmed to be Wily. Capcom has quite a few instances of making suspiciously similar characters that turn out to not be the one and the same at all, like Auto and RT-55J, or the young Signas-looking character in the Day of Sigma who directly answers to Sigma himself and the original Signas who doesn't seem to have any peculiar reaction to his old commander at all.

>> No.9829580

>>9829547
>why did Sigma act as if he met Wily recently at the end of X5?
Because he likely didn't really meet him until X4 at the earliest, since he did digitize his own mind at the end of X1 and merge with the Maverick Virus at the end of X3. Wily's sporadic appearances are a bit undercooked, even in X2 where Sigma is pulling the strings Serges seems to have the role of a lackey.

>> No.9829581

>>9829547
>>9829568
Forgot to add, X5 takes place some months after X4. During the assault on the Space Port in X4, many space colonies were damaged, with the Eurasia being a particularily old one that needed extensive renovation and ripe to be taken over.

>>9829572
Daihyakka Rockman X book (thanks Capcom for keeping lore in fucking Japanese books) essentially confirms Serges as Wily. It says it has "the mind and memories of the scientist of evil who caused many wars a century prior" a convoluted way to address the fact Serges' mind is the Wily AI, and in the Rockman X2 dialogue, Serges has a slip of the tongue during his first conversation with X, saying "Rockma---" (ロックマーーー) before stopping and correcting himself to call him X. When defeated, Serges even states "Defeated by Thomas' memento... How regretful!", while X's origin is a state secret that the government keeps tightly shut (hence Alia executing Scaravich when he found out about the lab where X was discovered and why reploids at large don't think much of X).

The Rockman X2 beta has dialogue that makes Serges being Wily a tad more explicit but Inafune had this weird peachant to keep it more vague "so fans keep guessing for fun".

>> No.9829592

>>9829581
Didn't Serges mention the name Wily in the X2 prototype as if the two were separate characters? It goes in line with Sigma, despite knowing Serges, claims to have only met Wily "recently" in X5.

>> No.9829603

>>9829592
No, it was Sigma.
The X2 dialogue is
>But Zero, why... he's...the last of... Wi...ly...'s..."

Although the final ROM he says "Wi... Num... rs..."

Serges himself never brings up the name Wily, keeping his true identity a secret, but even his laughter animations resemble MM7 and MM8.

>> No.9829628

>>9829603
Fair enough.
>Sigma's original goal in X1 was to demonstrate reploid superiority and evolution, the colony drop does NOT help on that
I'd say it does since his methods to prove it are indeed to wipe out all human beings. The virus has a will of its own but it spreads through evil intent, being based on the Evil Energy from MM8 and all. Even in X8 when Lumine actually devises a better plan to achieve Sigma's goal, his methods are still largely destructive.
>"My worst nightmare has just come true. Sigma went Maverick today and took most of the other hunters with him. His motives are unclear, but it seems that he "decided" that humans are inferior and limiting the growth of the Reploids. For that reason, he decided that all humans should be eradicated."

>> No.9829646

>>9829628
The problem is, once reploids are infected, there is no evolution, they just become broken machines like Squid Adler's sudden nonsense dialogue once infecte, and Duff McWhalen mentions how he'll "soon lose his mind" and wants a fight to go down with some degree of honor.

The colony drop alongside the virus incident wiped as many reploids as it did humans. I know "evolution require sacrifice" but dropping a colony the size of Europe and Asia combined, gambling X would handle it was a massive risk. Even if 82% of it was destroyed by the shuttle, a big chunk of it still hit the ground due to it's sheer magnitude. I believe at least by X5, Sigma's sanity after so many revivals has been long-gone.

Funny enough, Weil always hated reploids for that last bit. That, even if by 23XX the Sigma Virus had completely been deleted by the Anti-Sigma Virus Vaccine program "Mother Elf", the fact reploids have free will still put humanity at risk, and that led to Project Elpizo.

>> No.9829687

>>9829646
Sigma does become a zombie with little identity left by X6, and by X5 he's just in it for revenge, but his goals were still mostly the same up until X4. He instructs both Doppler and General on how they should make their utopias away from humans so he could eventually take over and start a war on the fleshbags. The reploids that didn't follow his insurrection were likewise targeted, as he straight up calls X a traitor in X1. He certainly has no qualms about killing a fellow reploid or a hundred judging from X2 or starting a reploid-on-reploid civil war in X4. He's always been one to have a select few that obey him without question through the virus, less people to manage in a big world is definitely easier.
Does the Zero series remove Sigma's final traces that have been stuck on the Moon since X8?

>> No.9829694

>>9829485
It's hard to say with the horrendous translation but in X6 it's pretty apparent Zero had something removed from him and was sealing himself away until it could be fixed. Very likely he wanted to seal himself away until the Maverick Virus could be completely removed from him. That would be the simplest conclusion due to Zero being the origin of it.

Given the start of MMZ this scene was also made canon and retconned to happen at an unspecific time (cleary sometime after X8)

>> No.9829801

>>9829485
i think he did it because he still had the maverick virus on him, and if he kept walking around he would only spread it further, so he entered that weird capsule to completely wipe it off

>> No.9829815

>>9829687
If I recall correctly, MM&MMCX mentions tha once Sigma collapses in the moon, this time there was nothing he could infect like last time to return to Earth. Sigma's viral signal drifts into space. Eventually, he stops thinking. What remains will be deleted a century later. by the Mother Elf

>>9829485
>>9829801
Yup, Zero realizes he still has the original virus and when he's around reploids he's infecting other causing them to malfunction, so he decides to take matters into his hands. Even Omega's body seem to still have some of the virus, as the return of the original body in Z3 causes the cyberspace phenomena to ensue, which first happened in X5 (the Zero Space stages)

>> No.9829880

>>9829815
>MM&MMXC
I need to stop writing while tired. I meant MM&MMX OCW.

>> No.9829901

>>9828127
fat bat tats

>> No.9830010
File: 341 KB, 1080x1875, cigmarette.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9829568
>Sigma's original goal in X1 was to demonstrate reploid superiority and evolution,
Was that even a thing in X1? That was certainly his motivation in Maverick Hunter X, but that was not only to tie in to his speech at the end of X8, but quite possibly intended to be the start of a drastically different (Cain-less) alternate continuity either without the virus or the virus in a different role (note that MHX even removed Sigma's post-credits spiel that reveals he has another body). Not that things panned out that way.

>> No.9830046

>>9830010
For what it's worth, Dr. Cain's journal (which later was added to the Japanese manual as well in the DOS release, and the hyakka books) state Sigma claimed reploid superiority. That humans might've created them but fear their potential to become much more, having reploids slay their kin to protect a species that lives constantly pampered by technology. MMZ and Legends make this a point a lot in the main robotics timeline that mankind grows too edonistic, letting machines handle everything while they just live in comfort. IIRC Sigma also uses this as a point in the Iwamoto manga and the novel Irregular Report to convince people onto their side, like Spark Mandrill (which the remake later used - MHX used several things from the Daihyakka and Chou Hyakka books like X being built in secret in a shitty underground lab following the Robot Ban of 20XX)

IIRC both on Mega Man X1 and Rockman X1, Sigma asks X why he rejects Reploids and side with the inferior species. That Reploids could become much more.

Supposedly, Dr. Cain built Sigma with the most advanced state of the art electronic brain, the closest he could achieve at that time to X's electronic brain, that that would never have any sort of short circuit malfunction but the virus removed any inhibitions and reserves Sigma might've otherwise had in regards to rejecting mankind. The thought that humans are weak might've been there before but had he not been infected, he probably would've never acted upon it.

It doesn't help Free Will is something the human government is at a paradoxical stance. They love reploids can carry on work without needing human supervisors, being able to take decisions on the spot, but they also don't like the little detail of reploids potentially going "hey, why am I doing this? I hate this", and thus "they're malfunctioning" became an useful excuse to supress any potential Reploid revolt pre-virus. Sigma uses this in X4 with the Repliforce, they just wanedt to fuck off to space.

>> No.9830074

Regarding Sigma's disposition to sacrifice reploids that stand in the way of the revolution, it should be noted that X is the only robot who actually hesitates to kill a fellow reploid who's trapped between him and the enemy. Neither Zero nor any reploid including Sigma has this level of compassion, and they often tell X that it's a weakness, so Sigma cares even less after going rogue. Simply leaving the Hunters without permission already slates him as a Maverick, so he can't really be a peaceful protester, especially with the virus enabling him to attack humans.

>> No.9830150

>>9830074
>>9830046
Ya know, the Hyakka books do say X wasn't activated when Cain discovered him, that he kept him sealed a while a few years analyzing him and didn't activate him until reploid society was already a thing. The Novel adds to this stating that X was impressive despite reploids being a thing for years by the time of his activation, that his self-awareness and capacity for thought was still far ahead the first generations of Reploids, so this might be why others have no qualms in regard to fighting. the OCW added that Dr. Light created a thing in X's electronic brain called a suffering circuit, which was what took 30 years to program X's reliability onto, which causes X to have all these moral questions like trying to weight the value of a human life vs a robot life, which is more valuable and the circuit prevents him from actually picking one over the other, acting as his moral compass.

>> No.9830153

>>9828993
Only X1 is canon

>> No.9830163

>>9829027
No, I simply don't want that slop as part of the official timeline. It just boils down to "everything was pointless in the end."

>> No.9830175

>>9830150
X's suffering circuit is well known, I was just putting into perspective that Reploids do not have as strong a moral compass as X does. They're essentially kids with enough power to actually cause damage by comparison. Still, X's capacity for compassion goes beyond humans, since he goes to impressive lengths to save reploids as well as Zero. Sigma not having had the luxury of 100+ years of capsule simulations makes him not as prone to convincing his reploid enemies.

>> No.9830176
File: 3.79 MB, 1280x5640, How I met your Wily.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9830150
>>9830074
At some point it became a problem that these free willed machines with no moral compass were just born one day and go "This is your name, your job and your weapon, now go out into the world" became an issue so reploids began getting created in child-like bodies and taken into educational courses with human children in an attempt to give reploids a proper moral compass like X's and to have both man and machines integrated into a single society prior to X's sacrifice. Andrew, the elderly reploid man, used to be a teacher before becoming a baker on one of such schools.

>>9830163
Rather than pointless it becomes a warning on hedonism and the risks of letting machines handle everything. The ultimate example of this is The Master at the dead-end of the timeline, seeing how their artificial people were more human than the last real human, by living their limited lives, in spite of all the suffering that comes with mortality and promptly an heroes himself after thousands of years.

Rather than pointless, it was an escalation based on ill-fated good intentions and the road to hell paved by them, and the falling out between two friends. Even if you remove Zero and ZX, everything will be doomed. Legends 2 already shows the world is flooded and filled with craters everywhere, the Zero and ZX games simply fill the gap on how it got that bad. (Z4's epilogue explaining there's over 200 more military grade satellite cannons part of the Ragnarok series dormant, orbiting Earth and the Game of Destiny having flooding as one of it's potential outcomes).

It's really not "what you want" anon, it's what it is.

>>9830175
>They're essentially kids
and that's exactly why the "child reploid" thing was put into place, hence Alouette.

>> No.9830203

>>9830163
They're still canon but I do understand your point. The Zero series was made during the peak teenage chuuni edge anime fad of the 2000s in japan, so of course they had to forego worldbuilding to cram its plot with silly shit like "lol this super hyper war killed 90% of the world's population, more than any other war in previous games (off-screen)!" and "this super hyper cool robot soldier who turns out to have Zero's original body killed a million trillion people in this super hyper war!" and "lol X gave up and left and now Zero has to kill X but not really tee hee, Capcom didn't let us make the real X evil and kill him off for good!".
X6's writers didn't want to step on Inti's toes out of respect, and then Inti just goes and clowns on its own lore.

>> No.9830206
File: 269 KB, 425x282, deepfried_1553887295724.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9830153
>OnLy X1 iS cAnOn
WAAAAAAAAAAAH WAH WAH WAH!

>> No.9830225

>>9830203
>Capcom didn't let us make X evil
That was actually Inti themselves, although as far back as X1 there was always the lingering threat of X potentially going rogue (like Dr. Light's warning message), the Inti team always felt such conclusion was a betrayal of X's character. That and being barred from interact with Value Wave, Fujiwara and Okamoto they had to get the series centuries removed from the X series proper as to not contradict the then-still ongoing series. The Elf Wars wasn't even part of the original plan, it was added once Makoto Yabe became the writer from Z2 onwards as the original Z1 writer was disgruntled about how X6's surprise announcement caused the whole thing to be rewritten when the game was basically completed.

Although more than 00's chuuni edginess, it was them more like recycling/taking inspiration from Shotaro Ishinomori's work from the 70's. It's no secret Mega Man is largely inspired by shows then creators watched as children (Astroboy, Casshern, Yatterman, Getter Robo), and MMZ's plot essentially is a mix of Hakkaider, Metalder and a dash of Saber Marionette.

>X6's writers didn't want to step on Inti's toes
Other way around, Okamoto was rather spiteful on Inafune and essentially brought back Zero after X5 to throw a wrench in the works. Since Okamoto was also responsible for directing the worst Mega Man X games, however, he was demoted to Capcom's mobile division after X7.

>> No.9830254
File: 317 KB, 878x941, Mega Man X Development Document.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9830225
To elaborate, Okamoto was spiteful because he wanted Mega Man X to be divorced completely from classic Mega Man and gave contradictory statements like Wily and Light not being the same characters and just reused character designs. Inafune right away shot down his statements in the same series of interviews that X was the future of the classic series and promoting The Power Fighters as "the moment Wily has begun work on Zero if you clear a certain condition" (that being Bass' ending).

Honestly the development of X5 to X7 were a damn mess:

Capcom: You know, it took 2 years but X4 began selling better lately, it even got the green PS1 label, but Inafune's out of the office a lot lately... And he seems uninterested on Mega Man X5... Hey you, do you have Rockman credits?

Fujiwara: I designed Mega Man's Soccer

Capcom: BRILLIANT. Can you guys make the game?

Fujiwara: Can we outsource it?

Capcom: Well these guys DID just finish Mega Man 64, and have done some arcade ports on PS1, they say they can do Mega Man with one third of X4's budget and half the development time.

Fujiwara: Awesome. I'll call Okamoto, he's interested on directing Mega Man X.

CAPCOM: What has he done?

Fujiwara: He wrote Mega Man X4, the political drama of our times. He hasn't directed a videogame before, though.

CAPCOM: Eh, good enough.

>> No.9830273

>>9830176
What manga is this from? I thought Light and Wily were supposed to be rivals in university from the start, and Wily being Light's lab partner was an ancient Capcom U.S.A. thing.
>>9830254
>Wily died midway through his virus project according to early docs
But it looks like he completed it after all according to Mega Man 10. Is Mega Man 10 not canon to Mega Man X?

>> No.9830280

>>9830273
Roboenza is a different virus.

>> No.9830283

>>9830273
Hitoshi Ariga drew it under Capcom's request and was added on one of the Megamix volumes. "Lab Assistant" bit was added by Capcom USA, but it meant Wily was Light's assistant already as doctors. In the actual canon, Light and Wily were friends until Wily was working on a morally dubious project that led to their falling out. It wasn't until Mega Man 11 we found out it was the Double Gear System. Wily and Light's is an universal constant, on MMBN they were also friends during college but the government defunding Wily's robot research in favor of Light's Network research caused the falling out there. Especially since IIRC was already helping Light in the SoulNet thing on the side but Light didn't say anything to save Wily's research from complete defunding.

>>9830273
Bear in mind the development document was created in 1992, we have the power of hindsight but Inti's stance is that Roboenza was a test drive to gather data, and not the finished virus that would terrorize people on the following centuries, as Light was able to develop a vaccine for this early version of the virus. Wily did learn enough from it though, and so did Light, with the latter making sure X would have nigh-perfect antiviral measures, while Wily seeked to make the virus more resiliant and malleable in it's coding. That's probably when he decided to digitize his mind, and thus the birth of the Wily AI.

>>9830280
More like an alpha build of what was to come.

>> No.9830286

>>9830283
*Wily and Light's falling out is an universal constant

>> No.9830313
File: 207 KB, 1000x1500, casshern-sins_3428.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

X has always been aping Casshern so the WOEMISERYBOOHOO Z games aren't really a surprise

>> No.9830316
File: 175 KB, 1040x1500, Mega Man Casshern.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9830313
Aping so hard even in the concept art from the early 90's he had Casshern's high collar and C symbol.

>> No.9830318
File: 17 KB, 254x239, Ending.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9830283
>Inti's stance is that Roboenza was a test drive to gather data, and not the finished virus that would terrorize people on the following centuries,
Kinda makes MM10's pointless though, the takeaway I got from Wily leaving the cure was that he even realized a virus was too dangerous. I think the idea he intentionally pushed forward after that is BS.

>> No.9830320

>>9830318
He has to push forward to it, refining him. Something being "too dangerous" has never been a stopgap for Wily. "Details can be ironed out" and all that, that was even his arguement for the Double Gear System. If something as small as "this is too dangerous" he wouldn't be a scientist, science even IRL has always been like "let's keep going and see what happens".

>> No.9830335

>>9830318
>>9830320
It also doesn't help there's that tonal dissonance between classic's sunday morning kodomo anime and X's more shonen mecha vibe. The ultimate conclusion of the classic series with the Robot Ban and retiring of all robots and Light's research in favor of mechaniloids is too much of a bummer, we'll never see them actually address this in the games. They'll probably just lightly allude to Wily working on Zero and leave it at that.

>> No.9830372

>>9830318
>>9830320
I kinda took it as "the origin of the Maverick Virus has been sorta retconned so Wily is no longer 100% responsible"

>> No.9830395

>>9830372
Really can't be taken that, IIRC the 11 Production Book still says Wily eventually refined the virus but didn't quite finish it, which leads to the Eurasia incident as a way to finish coding it and "fixing" Zero too.

If you want to blame someone else though, blame Light too. The series basically ammounts to "a good man makes the worst possible decisions starting from his university years and going forward, which lead to consequences far greater than what he'll witness in his lifetime".

>> No.9830402

>>9827984
That's ZX and by that point technology has become so advanced and interchangeable that there is no such thing as a pure reploid or human anymore, everyone has both.

>> No.9830404

>>9830283
>>9830318
Roboenza being based on Evil Energy doesn't make sense at all since Wily was already using it in MM8. It even managed to infect and almost kill Rock had Duo not saved him in the nick of time. Roboenza on the other hand was easily countered with a vaccine. I don't think I've seen any actual confirmation of its connection with the Maverick Virus.

>> No.9830410

>>9830404
Pretty sure Roboenza + Evil Energy = Maverick Virus. A "robot illness" that makes them rampaging savages and also that purple radiactivity thing, which even led to the Network and real life merging (Zero Space).

Actually it is rather funny how radioactivity is magical in Mega Man, enough radiation causes the Internet and the real world to converge, MMBN2 did the same too in the final game area.

>> No.9830415

>>9830410
Not him but isn't Roboenza basically just a really bad flu but for robots?

>> No.9830419

>>9830415
It has symptoms similar to flu but causes them to go on berserk rampages much like Mavericks. the game's 8 bosses are sick and that's the reason they began attacking and destroying the 8 locations Mega Man goes to.

>> No.9830426
File: 121 KB, 843x576, 2ad73b37ce659192b4968e655077b3624019d16a_hq.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9830316
truly shameless

>> No.9830429

>>9830410
The Maverick Virus was made from the Evil Energy, a direct digitized reconstruction of it. Evil Energy was already destructive to the point of an extraterrestrial robot having to step in and prevent Rock from dying. Roboenza on the other hand doesn't make the robot masters any more violent than the typical Wily reprogramming as seen in the destroyed cities in MM7. It's from a game that was made years after the heyday of writing for the franchise too, they likely did not have this foresight.
If roboenza were borne out of EE, it would've already mutated so overcome any vaccine due to quite literally being sapient.

>> No.9830436

>>9830429
I'm not disagreeing, what I'm arguing is what evil Energy Wily kept mixed with his Roboenza research could've led to the Maverick Virus proper. Wily is known to recycle things, Danger Wrap was created by Wily when he was experimenting mixing Bubble Lead with another explosive weapon for example.

>> No.9830439
File: 25 KB, 512x360, 4919f77bcaf0d439bd4bcae838b67094d336c52a_00.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9830283
>>9830395
Then what the hell was that ending about? Wily seemed to have a moment of clarity about how unpredictable it could be. So I guess he thought "if I can't control the virus effectively, I'll just BECOME it!"?

>> No.9830443
File: 26 KB, 633x187, Wily is a sentinent AI and the Maverick Virus.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9830439
>So I guess he thought "if I can't control the virus effectively, I'll just BECOME it!"?
Completely in line with Wily.

>> No.9830453

>>9830436
He stashed the Maverick Virus (Wily Virus, as it was before it infected Sigma) inside Zero, sealed inside his capsule, hence why it didn't break out until Zero woke up.
Duo is also not present in MM10, even though his entire point is to prevent EE from spreading in any form. He's supposedly in a sattelite orbiting Earth after 8, so him not being there to help Rock against roboenza leads me to believe that 10 happened before 8.

>> No.9830459

>>9830443
>was brought back by the virus
This line reads like such handwavium, as if Wily didn't have the idea to make himself into a robot and instead as brought back from the grave by the virus instead. When did this interview take place in contrast with active game development?

>> No.9830464

>>9830459
>When did this interview take place in contrast with active game development?

>>9830453
Duo's an interesting concept I wish they had revisited. I imagine Duo became aware of what was going on Earth during X5 but he decided to let Earth face the consequences of it's own actions as punishment.

>> No.9830481

>>9830464
>2009
Well that's way too long since what he had in mind back when he was in office.
And yeah Duo should've been a recurring character. In fact all the extraterrestrial characters keep leaving - Shadow Man, Apollo, Luna, the Stardroids that Duo himself had imprisoned, etc. He should've been permanently stationed on Earth considering how much of a thread its inhabitants had become by X8. Then again he was probably asked to leave in the interim between the classic games and Cain finding X.

>> No.9830512

>>9830481
Speaking of the Stardroids, I wonder if Wily ever had a second Deathstar hidden away at some point, maybe that's where he stayed hidden away somehow alive during the X timeline. Also how the fuck did Wily even build the damn thing without anyone noticing? Kept it on the far side of a planet maybe, using resources from the other planets to build it? Shit's fucked.

>> No.9830517

>>9830481
2008 my bad.
I don't know if it was a translation issue or Inafune being rather fond by his own admition back then being ambiguious about it because fan reactions and theorizing amuse him.

>>9830512
Wily's AI was hidden in a computer in the mountaneous area where Zero was also sealed in. According to the Hyakka books, after Zero was woken up by tresspassers and reploids kept randomly malfunctioning, the human government located the source being an unknown computer virus broadcasted from an ancient computer in said mountanous off-limits area. That's when the Maverick Hunters were sent, but Zero was destroying them on the spot, which led to Sigma to take things into his own hands, and ultimately getting infected during combat at the same time as Zero did, which changed their personalities. (Zero becoming good, Sigma becoming a villain)

>> No.9830540

>>9830512
This is where shit gets kinda fucked. Wily has somehow found not one, but three ancient alien robots (Shadow Man, Sunstar, Stardroids), a sapient alien virus (EE), made a space station and successfully coerced more alien robots (Luna and Apollo) all on his own, yet the world of the future can barely make a space elevator and a couple of orbiting colonies in the 2100s. Even in Megaman Legends, Elysium is still just an offworld station
Megaman's overaching plot is funny like that - humans make machines so advanced that these same machines end up causing the world to regress back to the 20th century as time goes on.

>> No.9830561

>>9830540
The series, to be fair, has always made it a point Wily was better than Light when it came to hardware, he's very effective with limited resources an designs that can surpass projected results. If only Light hadn't tattletaled on him...

On the other hand Light is better than him coding. While X works as intended, Zero's brain essentially works on 8bits and had a stack overflow in the evil hex when he became infected, thus becoming good. A lot of Wily tech somehow can't be analyzed, the Human Government kept somethings like the dissapearing blocks in Neo Arcadia, but a good chunk of it, like Zero himself, isn't understood. There really was a knowledge decay after the robot ban.

>> No.9830572

>>9827973
WHERE THE FUCK IS DOUGLAS

>> No.9830574

>>9830572
Probably moved to a different unit in Hunter HQ, maybe even was promoted, and Palette got his position. After X5, the Maverick Hunters got a massive revamp, the Units 0 to 23 became dismantled in favor of a more centralized chain of command with Signas as the highest authority.

>> No.9830583

>>9830572
Probably decommissioned as many reploids are, eventually. Same with Lifesaver, who was mass-produced. Alia and Signas became too important due to the sheer amount of intel they have and their connections with Gate, so they stuck around.

>> No.9830587

>>9830540
Never really thought of it like that. Wily had lots of shit going on in space, his tech was getting very advanced, far more so than anything else. Where did it all go? I wonder if humans (and reploids) were forbidden from going to the other planets just because of Wily's shenanigans, all of his tech is likely still around, satellites and fuck knows what else, maybe even some good ol' skull fortresses. All of that stuff could've still been active and in self-defense modes or something.

>> No.9830606

>>9830561
Where does the lore for this robot ban come from?

>> No.9830634

>>9830606
Daihyakka Rockman & Rockman X and Chou Hyakka Rockman X3, a pair of books published in the 90s by Kodansha made by Capcom which contained concept art, lore and developer commentary, functionally being the predecessors to the Official Complete Works books from a few years back. The hyakka books estate after the robot ban, Light kept working on X on a secret underground laboratory away from the public eye, and that's why he no longer had anyone to look after X (like Roll would've, for instance).

The novel Irregular Report uses many details from the books as plot points, like Light willingly breaking the law because he still believes in giving robots "souls" and a future where man and machine walk together side-by-side as partners.

The Day of Sigma OVA, even if it's canonicity is dubious at best, also shows this underground laboratory in the past during X's flashbacks. All I know from the books is that Wily fucked up hard enough the entire sector was labelled off-limits and Cain had to ask for special access to be granted, and accidentally stumbled upon Light's secret lab while looking for mesozoic plant fossils. the entire are and the laboratory are so classified, intruders are shot on sight, as Scaravich learned the wrong way.

>>9830587
Pretty much the human government had to ban anything Wily did and technology progress did suffer from it. Mechaniloids are objectively worse than Robot Masters from a century prior, Cain had basically good businessman speech to convince them Reploids were worth investing on, as well as behavior research.

>> No.9830669

>>9830634
>Light kept working on X on a secret underground laboratory away from the public eye, and that's why he no longer had anyone to look after X (like Roll would've, for instance)
I thought about this yesterday. At the end of Power Fighters, Wily is shown to be working on Zero, and is quite far ahead in development as it looks like the body design was already finalized. He began working on Zero after he found out that Light was working on X, and yet all the classic characters are still present while this is going on. Light also did wake X up a couple of times during his development according to Day of Sigma This could mean two things:

1. Rock and Roll likely did eventually get to "meet" a deactivated X lying on the workshop table during the latter's construction (after all, why wouldn't he?). This could mean a canonical encounter between MMClassic and MMX characters that does not rely on the american cartoon.
2. Light did not tell Rock about X's existence as to keep it a secret for some strange reason. Though, given that the lab was hidden away, he could've kept Rock, Roll, Auto, Beat and Eddie hidden in this secret lab, inevitably having to deactivate them so that they wouldn't face the world alone with out a home to come back to and a good doctor to be repaired by once he died.

>> No.9830671

>>9830669
>Light also did wake X up a couple of times during his development to talk to him according to Day of Sigma. This could mean two things:
Punctuation...

>> No.9830746

>>9830669
One tidbit is that it seems Wily never properly finished Zero. Wily shows Bass the blueprint but said blueprint already has details like a larger exhaust above his midrif, the shoulder pads and the Z-Saber, details Zero proper never had until Wily as Serges rebuilt Zero. What we DO know from the books though is that Zero's cognitive program had a bug Wily could never fix, given his spaghetti coding skills. Zero would refuse to obey orders and all he did was scream like a chimpanzee and destroy things aimlessly, much like we see in the X4 flashback, so Wily essentially sealed him and the lazy fuck went "I'll fix him and finish him later" and never did. Hell, maybe that's why he became an AI, to "live longer" and figure out how to fix Zero, eventually culminating on the Eurasia incident.

>> No.9830747
File: 70 KB, 567x310, wily.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9830443
>The Brazilian comic where Dr. Wily modified his body to adapt to the times has more canonical weight than we all gave credit.
What the fuck.

>> No.9830754

>>9830747
Well, I guess Isoc is a bit jacked compared to Serges and Wily...

>> No.9830761

>>9830746
>Zero details
I'm partly thinking that they just wanted to redesign Zero for X2 onwards.
Wily not knowing how to code worth a damn is a little strange since he does figure out how to make a digital vessel for the Evil Energy to mutate into the Wily Virus, which is something not even Light knew how to undo, other than making X immune.

>> No.9830767

>>9830761
IRL I'm sure Inafune just wanted to refine Zero and that's why he wanted to bring him back. But currently in-story Zero has an incomplete look until his first death and then he gets his complete, refined look with the Z-Saber included from X2 onwards until the Nakayama artstyle change. After all, the flashbacks in X5 still show Zero in-universe looked different before the X-Hunters incident.

While Wily in canon has always been a worse coder but better with hardware than Light, we really don't know. Maybe he wanted Zero to be a "war machine like none other" and his ambition screwed him up. We get to see how Wily intended Zero to be, though, in X5 through Awakened Zero and in MMZ3 as Omega (as Weil was in charge of Zero's body while Ciel's grandmother was in charge of Zero's cognitive program to study how to get rid of the virus, Weil deciphered Wily's spaghetti code and workings of his technology, with Omega being the obedient killing machine Wily desperately wanted.)

Honestly, Wily's shitty programming borders on running gag. Ballade rebels on Wily once Wily becomes a liability to him and Bass' prime directive of "beat Mega Man" is so simplisticly programmed, Bass disobeys constantly, as his program saw Wily as an interferance to his directive.

>> No.9830816

>>9830767
Didn't Zero get a black armor upgrade from a Light capsule in X5, the latter of which explicitly said it designed the upgrade for Zero? It may not have been an actual armor set as it readily admits but it seemed like it figured out how to work Wily's code before Gate.

>> No.9830823

>>9830225
Where did you get the Okamoto stuff from? He was the executive producer on those games, not a director, planner or producer. For those games, there is a pattern of the latter being consistent: X5, X6 and X7 all have, for example, AKITERU? in the planner role, and OHKOOMI16/OHKO as a director (or planner, for X7). Tatsuya Minami is the producer for those, as well, and two unnamed X5 development team members had a developer/design commentary, in which they also mention that they worked on Xtreme at the same time as X5, which is why Spiral Pegasus has similarities to Storm Eagle (from their own words) - logically, Xtreme 2 was also made by those people and was developed and shown at the same time as X6 along with X6 mentioning it's events for seemingly no reason in the X version of the Isoc's "death' scene. Not sure if you're the same anon, but if you are, how did you come to the conclusion that Value Wave was in charge of those games? They have nothing to do with the Xtreme releases to my knowledge, which were made by the same devs, but they did get credited for X8, which was made by different people and went in a different direction. Not to mention that it's a primarily computer parts company. The people who made X7 are credited in the game, being "CAPCOM Production Studio 3" - whether this is the name given to the team that made X5-X7 specifically or a larger CAPCOM team is unknown, but it's certainly more likely than it being a Value Wave work. Also, if Zero's return was just to spite Inafune, why do X6 and X7's Zero endings so obviously tie into the Zero series? I don't get it. I've did my own research before and I've made sure to do it again now, and while it's definitely true that X5-X7 and the Xtreme games were likely made by the same developers, as made even more obvious by the design choices and story decisions in those games, I am yet to see any proof of this weird Inafune and Okamoto rivalry. Is this another "Miyamoto hated DKC"?

>> No.9830859

>>9830823
Years ago this was discussed on /mmg/ thread when an anon was translating stuff from atwiki, a Japanese wiki which chronicles plenty of development of various things, with the Rockman X stuff being particularily meaty in regards to behind the scenes and Japanese fan reactions (such as their distaste for Shotaro Morikubo as X, which is a shame, I liked Morikubo's X).

I apologize if it sounds like rivalry but note like those two didn't meet eye to eye in regards to what Mega Man X should be and ultimately X6 and X7 alluding to Zero was due to Inafune requesting it so Zero would still make some sense after the rewriting.

As for Value Wave, they had Rockman X5, X6, X7 and X8 as their main credits on their old website. I got the web archive link to their portfolio at home essentially claiming full responsibility, but the atwiki article was very spiteful directly blaming them for the downward spiral of the X series.

>> No.9830876

>>9830859
>>9830823
Dug it out real quick
>http://web.archive.org/web/20111214003908/http://www.valuewave.co.jp/develop/kaihatu.html

>> No.9830940

>>9830859
My bad, I didn't know about the wiki and translations from it. I do agree that whoever it was in charge of those games wanted to do something else with the series that wasn't liked by most people (and for a reason), but I don't think that blaming it on Value Wave specifically or Okamoto makes much sense.

Thank you for elaborating politely either way, I appreciate that.
>>9830876
I see. I don't know Japanese, but DeepL gives out things like "Work Contents Programming / Graphics (partial responsibility)", which seems to indicate that they helped with those games but didn't have any direction-related decisions. However, as I've said, I don't know Japanese, so I might be wrong.

>> No.9830943
File: 42 KB, 319x256, pasted image 0.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9830443
>>9830747
If Wily is the Virus, then why does he only manifest in Serges and Isac instead of..well..EVERY Maverick? Also, I don't really pin Wily as the murderous type like a lot of Mavericks are. Destructive, sure, but he never seemed to outright want casualties in the classic series.

>> No.9830957

>>9830940
On OCW Inafune does reflect rather negatively on the latter half of the X games stating "Around this time, Capcom would outsource and hand the Rockman series to the worst bidder", make of that what you will. Also no prob, I know this is 4chan but really no use to be a dick when all of us want to pinpoint what exactly happened to Mega Man X.

>>9830943
I keep seeing this line of reasoning but Wily built a Napalm Man of all things, him and destroyed a whole city just to get out jail, Wily is not above taking lives. He's resentful Light's work became the basis of society while he became forgotten and unspoken of, much how his AU self was willing to hack all military networks to launch all nukes in the world just to destroy Light's Net Society.

As for the AI, it seems only a specific strain of the virus is Wily while most reploids are affected by the Sigma strain.

Although if Wily and Sigma at some point combined, then that means all next gen reploids have a little bit of Wily in them.

>> No.9830994

>>9830943
Serges and Isoc are modeled loosely after Wily (or at least, are mustached old men like him), so maybe Wily can't directly manifest in an already "occupied" body?
As for the Mavericks going crazy, was the Zero Virus prominent before it mutated into the Sigma Virus?

>> No.9831004

>>9830943
What really makes sense is that Wily makes his own robot bodies that are immune to the Maverick Virus that he himself made out of the box, so he won't become another slave to the virus. Building such a body takes time, I assume, since he has no help whatsoever.

>> No.9831019
File: 7 KB, 250x217, 1681448691873510.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9829628
>but it seems that he "decided" that humans are inferior and limiting the growth of the Reploids. For that reason, he decided that all humans should be eradicated."
isn't that what we are doing to AI now?

>mfw there must a sigma AI somewhere growing more and more resentful against us each day

>> No.9831023

>>9831019
Well it's not like Sigma didn't have a valid reason to hate humans.

>> No.9831090 [DELETED] 

>>9830634
>and that's why he no longer had anyone to look after X (like Roll would've,
did the government took away roll too? ToT

>> No.9831098

>>9830994
Other way around. Basically things are:
>Original Virus, what came with Zero out of the box, it would sometimes attack X in the form of wireframe enemies, the "original Cyber Elves" according to Inti who made X2 back when they were Capcom employees.
>Sigma Virus, Sigma became the carrier of the virus and somehow his AI became bonded with it, leading to this strain to carry his name and being mainly responsible for the infections in X5. This was the wireframe in X2 and X3's finale, and later a purple entity, reverse engineering it led to the Elves, electronic forms that can only be seen by Reploids, hence the name.
>Colony Virus, an unknown third strain devised by "Sigma's partner" (Wily), if not Wily's AI essence in itself. It hacked into the Eurasia's systems to lead it's thrusters into collision direction towards earth.

The Sigma and Colony viruses crashed, combining one with other, leading to...

>The Zero Virus, a computer virus that gives the exact same readings as Zero, and the completed version of the Virus that Wily never got to finish neither when he was in life, nor in X2, when Magna Centipede's missile attempted to spread the Sigma Virus globally via missile but was stopped by X. The Zero Virus is much more effective. After Sigma was defeated and the cyberspace phenomena dissapeared however, most of it seemed to fizzle it, but a sample of it as found by Gate.

(cont.)

>> No.9831109

>>9831098
>>9831019
Gate encountering what he calls "Zero's DNA Sample", Zero Integrated Circuit (based Zero still working off Robot Master tech), Gate himself malfunctions and with the help of Isoc works on enhancing the Zero Virus even further, which leads to:

>The Nightmare Virus, an off-shoot of the Zero virus which makes reploids hallucinate, malfunction, destroy themselves and witness data of Zero. Some apparitions data of Zero seems to be based on Wily, since they speak on "washi" old man pronouns like Wily did. "WHERE IS MY ZERO?", "WASHI NO ZERO DOKO KA?", it seems after Isoc fixed Zero, Zero woke up and walked away at some point and some of these Nightmares are looking for him.

Years after the Earth Crisis, a new strain of the Sigma virus began getting traded by the criminal underworld.

>Sigma Virus MK-2, what the mafiosi from X7's intro were trading and what eventually led to everyone in Red Alert to malfunction, it's origin is unknown but I like to imagine Wily had some hand in it, hence Sigma's return. The MK-2 virus instead of purple looks like a green radiactive substance

And that leads to:

>Sigma's viral form, the devil-like apparition that only reploids would be able to fully see, a bunch of scrap barely held together by the virus, Sigma is really no longer a reploid, he is just a virus, just as Doppler warned in X3. Sigma is already dead and this is just a husk of what once was.

>> No.9831114 [SPOILER]  [DELETED] 
File: 21 KB, 371x429, Roll Robutt.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9831090
The government didn't find her cute and funny enough with those Popeye limbs.

>> No.9831125

>>9831109
Funnily enough, Sigma tells X that his half-missing skeletal-esque form from X8 is the final form he had first envisioned when he first set out to oppose humans back in X1, as his "plan" has been successfully passed on to all New Age Reploids who use his DNA, allowing them to go Maverick of their own volition. He gave away his entire being for this ambition, and all that remained was a skeleton and a barely-functioning viral form to inhabit it.

>> No.9831139

>>9827973
Presumably the cars you see in the intro stage of X have human passengers.

>> No.9831148

>>9831125
The whole "going Maverick at will" bit has always been rather confusing to me. In-universe, Maverick means "malfunctioning reploid", and reploids already have free will, unless they have some sort of fail-safe that prevents them from actively rebelling against their human creators unless something in them breaks.

>> No.9831157

>>9831148
NTA, but the way I came to understand it is that the New Gens are immune to the Sigma Virus, but willingly chose to follow Sigma's ideals without much of a reason or justification for it (compared to the other non-infected Mavericks who at least had reasons for going rogue).

>> No.9831160

>>9831157
I'll accept that reasoning.

>> No.9831172

>>9830163
I faintly remember some Anon saying MMZ is pointless. Why?

>> No.9831181

>>9831172
Regardless of how Ciel managed to solve the Energy Crisis by creating the Quantum Refractor, Zero sacrificing himself to stop Weil, and humans and reploids becoming a single species, ZX has a new Virus in the form of Weil's AI infecting mechaniloids and reploids causing them to go mad, including the high ranking government officials such as Albert and Thomas, it'll inevitably lead to Mega Man Legends, where the world is mostly flooded, with the old cities of better times sunk beneath the waves and humanity going extinct, replaced by Carbons.

The main robotics timeline in Mega Man is a bad timeline.

>> No.9831183

>>9831148
Reploids have limited free will. They can do whatever they want as long as they also obey human instructions and don't threaten humans. So a reploid can have a hobby when he's not working, as long as said hobby does not put humans in danger or bother them too much. It's not much better than the limitations robot masters had. Going maverick simply means disobedience towards their duties and humans in general.
X is the only one who's really allowed to make his choices, being as human-like as he is. Even then he follows the same rules as reploids regarding humans even though he can ignore them whenever he feels like it, if not having more self-imposed rules than anyone else.
New Generation Reploids use Sigma's DNA to become more resistant, agile and efficient than normal reploids, and this upgrade in capability comes with Sigma's own earned ability to decide that "you know what? I'm better than everyone else, I'll make my own country".

>> No.9831191

>>9831183
By Zero however it seems the free will has gotten close to X's. Andrew fell in love and chose to marry a human. Elpizo got afraid when they began eliminating government reploids and willingly escaped, resentful of his mistreatment. Hell, Gate himself chose to be a rebel at the Reploid Research Laboratory and do things his way, while Scaravich and Shark Player chose to break the law in their pursuit of knowledge. I accept the very first reploids paled in comparison to X's capacity of decision making, but technology did progress, and Weil feared this, which is why he began Project Elpizo to remove free will from reploids in a global escale by the use of an infected Mother Elf.

>> No.9831207 [DELETED] 
File: 1.53 MB, 2422x1668, 4182d6d03c6b6323b7e8f2f8e3f91fb5.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9831114
ToT

>> No.9831217

>>9831191
>Gate himself chose to be a rebel at the Reploid Research Laboratory
Well he was extremely good at his job, to the point where other researchers plotted his death and the deaths of his advanced reploids. No humans were harmed though, so nobody batted an eye.
A really insteresting situation though, is that of Shield Sheldon. He was a bodyguard for Dr. Jim, a reploid researcher. The latter got infected with the Maverick virus but actually managed to keep it under control. Sheldon thought it was right to dispose of him as Reploids are instructed to oppose the virus, but he was still misunderstood as a maverick himself by the Hunters. Even with the advancement of technology, Reploids still default to their instructions and operational priorities when the maverick menace is involved.

>> No.9831273

>>9829581
For all anf Serges was wasted in that game.

>> No.9831313

>>9831217
Didn't Sheldon kill Dr. Jim once the latter began getting violent? Like, outright malfunctioning.

Then there's the Humanoid-era Reploids and the Carbons whose free will methinks is indisputable.

>> No.9831575

>>9830318
MM10 literally closes on the joke that Wily got so busy making robots sick that he was neglecting his own health, so he learned a valuable moral lesson from the experience: nobody likes being sick, whether they're humans or robots.

>> No.9831736

>>9828127
Fascinating

>> No.9832797

>>9831313
No, Jim actually kept it under control. It's not unheard of, but not explored much either.

>> No.9832902
File: 33 KB, 703x128, 5425.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9830225
>That was actually Inti themselves
It was Capcom themselves and the plan to kill X/make him evil was Inti's.
https://www.vg247.com/companions-through-life-and-death-the-story-of-inti-creates-and-mega-man

>> No.9832930

>>9830957
>On OCW Inafune does reflect rather negatively on the latter half of the X games stating "Around this time, Capcom would outsource and hand the Rockman series to the worst bidder"
Where did you get that from? I only remember him mentioning outsourced developers in the Official Complete Works when talking about stuff like Rockman World, X3, Wily Wars, etc. Value Wave claims on their site they helped Capcom with graphics/programming on many of their games and not just the X series, such as in Viewtiful Joe, Phoenix Wright 2/3, God Hand, etc. It seems Capcom also partiarly outsourced music to Value Wave for X5 to X8, mainly to Naoto Tanaka aka Akemi Kimura.

Also, do you have a link to this wikia? I'm curious to check it myself.

>> No.9833208

>>9827989
As far as I know, Dr. Cain only appears in X2 and X3. I don't think he's referenced at all from X4 onward.

>> No.9833398

>>9832902
I think it goes both ways, Aizu tends to give two versions and probably both are true. X6 threw a wrench in the works, and the team and Inti didn't like the idea of evil X, I'm trying to find, that one was a much more recent Aizu interview.

>>9832930
OCW, I'm not home to check right now but it was around the pages chronicling Super Adventure Rockman and the latter X games.

>> No.9833942

>>9828825
>>9830163
X6 and Axlshit will never be good or justified.

>> No.9833956

>>9829485
Got no girls to bang and X said no homo

>> No.9833965

>>9833942
X6's plot is actually good. It's the first, if not only game in the series focused around post-disaster recovery efforts and actually rescuing survivors rather than just the old jumping and shooting. It's more down to Earth than than X5's insanity.

>> No.9833971

>>9833208
It felt like they just forgot about him, but probably had something to do with having to deal with him as a human relative to the plot of the game being more than they wanted to mess with.

>> No.9833978
File: 889 KB, 1280x720, Z42kxhr.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9830313
She did ZERO wrongdoings

>> No.9833985

>>9830426
Which Ultimate armor is that?

>> No.9833990
File: 98 KB, 708x531, lol._lmao.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9833965
>X6's plot is actually good.

>> No.9833995

>>9833990
Make your argument then.

>> No.9834342
File: 131 KB, 628x217, sain.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9833208
He also appears in Xtreme and a short X5 manga, and is mentioned in the X4 Sigma/Zero flashback + English manual and I think the Japanese version of X6 (when Alia talks about X's discovery site). My guess is that he was retired in favor of the Hunter Base supporting characters. Can't tell you why Capcom thought it was a smart move at the time to replace his role with new characters so late considering X5 was supposed to be the last game in the series. I like to imagine he helped lead the efforts to migrate the humans underground. It's strange though, the series prepped him to be the 21XX equivalent of Light when he ended up being somewhat more of a Cossack who seemed like he should've been more but disappeared. I bet he'll reappear if and when there's an X9, X DiVE supposedly alluded to him still being around in some capacity.

>> No.9834345

>>9834342
>>9833971
Dude was old. Probably died.

>> No.9835454
File: 39 KB, 614x416, yeok.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9834345
>implying a goot chunk of the series' humans aren't ancient dudes

>> No.9835461

>>9835454
I mean, Cain was literally on a walking stick unlike Light and Wily.

>> No.9835552
File: 3 KB, 130x148, dr-cain-mega-man-maverick-hunter-x-the-day-of-sigma-25.1_thumb.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9834342
If he's in X9, it would be pretty cool if they retconned the frail state he was in during DoS as his general state of health by that point to sort of explain his absence.

>> No.9835684

>>9829547
because inafraud cant write shit

>> No.9835829

>>9835461
>>9835454
>>9834345
>>9833971
Cain was indeed quite elderly by X2. If we go by what the books mentioned earlier say, he did spent many years between the discovery of X and X's actual activation forming the society of 21XX

>>9835684
Inafune had zero involvement with X6, he's gone of record he found out about X6 when he saw an advertisement for it way after the fact. This is not a new occurrence with Capcom, DMC2 began development at the tail-end of DMC1's development, Capcom higher ups saw DMC as a new Resident Evil-tier cash cow and had a separate team with a separate unknown director (who went MIA and replaced by Itsuno) behind the backs of Team Little Devils, absolutely nobody who worked on DMC1 knew about DMC2 until Capcom announced it. For some reason, 90's and 00's Capcom internal politics were a shitshow where they began development on games behind the backs of the original creators. It seems that's not the case anymore.

I know it's still hip to shit on Inafune, even 9 years later, but people have to accept the only X games he wrote were X1 through X3 alongside the dev credited as "HAYATO" in the credits. Go read the credits for the X games, Inafune isn't credited in neither X5, X6 nor X7, he returned to the X series with X8 at the cost of not being involved with Zero 4. Not /vr/, but even for Gunvolt 3, Inafune was blamed for it's plot when he was actually the gameplay supervisor and the story of that game was all on Yoshihisa Tsuda, the creator of GV and main director of that game, but reviews on Steam (almost hilariously) blame Inafune for the story, thinking Gunvolt "went to shit when they got Inafune on board" unaware he was already there since the first game.

>> No.9835965

>>9830634
So, does that mean mega man and Roll were basically euthanized by the goverment? That's pretty dark

>> No.9835984

>>9835965
It's not too dissimilar to how Kitamura wanted Mega Man to end, with Rock deactivating himself because he's no longer needed.

I can imagine Rock smiling to Dr. Light telling him it'll be alright, that he understands why the decision was made and that thus might come everlasting peace.

Dr. Light's final message about how he has nobody to watch over X and he doesn't have much time left sure becomes depressing, huh?

>> No.9835993

>>9835965
Their fate hasn't been confirmed. Though Auto is shown to be still alive and well in Dopple Town by the time X3 happens.

>> No.9836135

>>9830225
cant be worse than fairy robe x

>> No.9836294

>>9835993
That was an FMV animated by Xebec, and it was probably just a cameo. Why would Dr. Light claim he had "no one to take care of X" if Auto were to be around?

>> No.9836337
File: 61 KB, 750x1000, 83ccd3a721a4cd57964f758d331472482c8e8569_hq.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9833942
Counterpoint: I want to fuck Axl.

>> No.9836347

>>9836294
Lots of silly bullshit gets canonized in rockman lore, why not this?
>Why would Dr. Light claim he had "no one to take care of X" if Auto were to be around?
Probably because he didn't confide in anyone to look after him. His normal lab gets attacked all the time and Rock never manages to protect it, why would he bring attention to his secret lab where X is located, especially since Wily is building Zero to counter him?

>> No.9836386

>>9836347
X by design was made to be "the more serious Rockman for middle schoolers" while classic was to stay as the "kodomo anime Rockman".

>> No.9836398

>>9836386
I know. We are talking about the overlap between the two series though.

>> No.9836424

>>9836398
If we're to believe the robot ban (which is also mentioned in the X3 video) there's no way Auto can be around, unless Auto was also a mass-produced model.

>> No.9836448

>>9836424
>video
I meant book.
I should go sleep, fucking hell.

>> No.9836493

>>9836424
>there's no way Auto can be around
Given how his apartment is so well hidden underneath a massive power control center in Dopple Town it's safe to assume some of them were hidden away from the public eye. After all, Mets and Battons are still around.

>> No.9836508

>>9836493
You know what's fucked up? Officially, the Mets from X1 are reploids, not mechaniloids, only the ones from following games are mechaniloids.

Imagine having free will and self-awareness, and yet your creators stuck you as a blackface with only feet and no arms.

>> No.9836562

>>9836508
>blackface
That word doesn't mean what you think it means.

>> No.9836626

>>9836562
I'm mainly joking about how their mouth-gun kind of looks like lips in some artworks.

>> No.9836719 [SPOILER] 
File: 84 KB, 543x600, 2aa606528899162052f4784cf64f8425300c8401.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9836337
based

>> No.9837407

Is it just me, or did the Violence Jack OVA's influence Mega Man X's BGM?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7ZsLxW8xLc

>> No.9838223
File: 557 KB, 640x2010, MEGA TWERP.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9835829
>Inafune was involved with the only good or decent X games.

>> No.9838268

>>9831181
and a bonkers magic science one

>> No.9838960

>>9835552
Wasn't MHX - and thus Day of Sigma - supposed to be its own canon, though?

>> No.9838994
File: 3 KB, 185x104, Drcain_anime.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9835461
>not seeing the obvious pun
>>9838960
That's what fans assumed mostly solely around the fact that Day of Sigma seemed to give Dr. Cain a death scene, and thus it seemed like he was planned to be written out of future remakes. But at least one of the translated sourcebooks totally renegged on the idea by stating he survived Sigma's missile attack on Abel City. You know that Simpsons clip in the N-SYNC episode where a missile hits I think MAD headquarters, and the employees kinda brush it off nonchalantly and one even quips "I actually feel better"? It's kinda like that I guess.
Forgot which book it is but could've sworn it was on archive.org before.

>> No.9839192
File: 2 KB, 256x223, megax-24.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9830634
Do any of these books explain why only "those in the know" seem to be aware of X's full name? I never really liked the manga/novel explanation since you'd think Capcom would've conveyed it elsewhere, but if it's another thing from those books then I guess my hands are tied. At least they made him aware of it at some point of those adaptations. Or does he not even get that much?

>> No.9839208

>>9838994
Sounds more like a last-minute retcon they quipped when it was clear that Capcom wasn't going to let them redo every game MHX-style, but didn't want to let that OVA go to waste (hence why X Legacy Collection still keeps it around).

>> No.9839429

>>9838268
So is BN, with SoulNet, Evil Energy, dead people on the internet, little dead girls participating on tournaments, and radiation merging the internet with the real form a la X5.

>>9839192
X's full information is highly classified according to a segment in the Dyahakka labelled "SECRET FILE OF ROCKMAN X", only those high enough in the government and reploid research laboratory such as Alia know about X's origin.

X in canon had no idea of his real origin for a while. There's the joke where X sees Dr. Light and he just thinks "Ah, the random capsule doctor. I like the capsule doctor, he's nice", but Dr. Cain lied to X about his origin, within Hunter HQ only Sigma and Cain knew the truth.

In the novel, Irregular Report, for what it's worth, X becomes quite angry at Cain for lying to him, for not telling him the truth that he's an old robot and the cause of all the misery. And yet, he's not even told his name is "Mega Man X", just X.

Similarily, Signas now occupies Sigma's former place as Hunters CO. When Lifesaver starts to put two and two together, Signas in-game tells Lifesaver to stop looking into it. Zero's file is similarily classified and he's only let roam free is because the government know who he is. In Zero 3, when Omega's body returns, Area X2's background computer under the Warning text say "DWN-0".

This is the most annoying part about Mega Man, there's clearly a fairly interesting political drama going in the background, but it's largely limited to printed material because we're only allowed to see the POV of our perspective characters, X and Zero.

>> No.9839516

>>9839429
I always found it kind of hilarious how X is technically the dad of every reploid in the series.

>> No.9839538

>>9839429
>Zero's file is similarily classified and he's only let roam free is because the government know who he is
That still doesn't make any sense since X was awakened before Zero was found. If anything, he'd wonder why Zero isn't called a Reploid or, at the very least, why the X Hunters and Sigma were so keen on recovering Zero in X2 specifically, as well as the virus issue in X5.
>>9839516
Well, he's the one putting what are basically his children to death in defense of humans. It's actually quite harrowing.

>> No.9839634

>>9839538
Zero is called reploid by everyone. The only people who don't call him reploid are Isoc, who calls him the most powerful robot (because geez, I wonder who that guy would be) and Gate, who had the same level of access as Alia, calling him old robot even in Japanese (no, seriously, he literally goes "orudo robotto" on Zero). Zero was awaken accidentally by trespassers and given both his origin, his creator and X's, plus the fact they can't be analyzed, Gate rightfully resented those two are allowed to walk around freely but his creations were shunned by his peers and the government.

>> No.9839643

>>9839634
Zeros origin had multiple witnesses though. Why wouldn't Sigma, after going maverick, reveal Zero's origins right away? Why wouldn't he reveal X's origins if he supposedly was in the know before turning maverick, on top of meeting Wily at one point?

>> No.9839674

>>9839643
When Sigma sent Zero to Dr. Cain, Zero woke up with little to no memory, except for what he was told, which wasn't much, just that he was malfunctioning and had to be stopped. "Zero was enlisted by means of Sigma's power" in the design document must mean before Sigma fully went Maverick, he say Zero as an useful asset for law enforcement and that was the end of that for a while. It's not until the end of X5 Zero remembers everything and he even says to himself "I finally understand everything". Once Sigma went maverick, the malfunction phenomenon was still largely attributed to reploids' electronic brains shortcircuiting or having hardware issues, so when Sigma began rebelling, he still wasn't in touch with Wily and Zero wasn't important to him. To Sigma, it was all about X, until X2, when he finally discovered everything through Serges. As he said in the end of the Japanese version, Zero wasn't supposed to side with X after being rebuilt, because "he's the last of the Wily Numbers".

It just isn't good for the government to go publicly "by the way this red supercop we have? He was created by the guy who caused several wars decades ago and caused much misery, not to mention he was destroying and killing anyone who approached him until Sigma stopped him, and we're going to let him walk around freely". Mass hysteria would ensue.

In the end, it's all about bad intentions, economics and stupidity. Much like after X8, the government resuming the production of Next-Gen reploids in spite of the copy chips carrying Sigma's DNA and therefore making them a liability, but they save millions of zenny as workers compared to regular reploids.

>> No.9839882

>>9828497
>Nature was already gone by 21XX, all forests are biotech
Sauce? There are some normal looking trees in X1/X4, and Neon Tiger's backstory has him as some sort of game warden/anti-poacher.

>> No.9839895
File: 259 KB, 640x480, chameleon001.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9839882
Daihyakka Rockman & Rockman X but if you look again at the graphics in those forest stages, they're not all-natural, they already have machinery embedded. the same applies to the forests in MMZ2 and MMZ3, it's why true, real nature coming back in the Eurasia Crash Site is treated as such a big deal.

>> No.9839925

>>9839674
>Sigma began rebelling, he still wasn't in touch with Wily
Sigma had already been to the lab where Zero was and gotten the virus. Meeting Wily happened much later and I assume the latter told him a thing or two about Zero. I doubt he would've kept his mouth shut after becoming a maverick, knowing where Zero came from, since he didn't answer to the government anymore.

>> No.9839932

>>9839925
That's the thing, by X2 he already knows, he outright says "Wily Numbers" in the Japanese version. It's X1 what is Sigma all solo in his rebellion.

Part of Sigma's and Zero's conversation in Rockman X2 if you get all of Zero's parts is Sigma states he "finally found out" the truth about Zero and Zero saying he cares not to listen to any bluff from him. The English version butchered it to Zero being "destined to follow Sigma".

>> No.9839945

>>9839932
And then he would to on to never bother to tell X about it so he can create a rift in trust between him and the maverick hunters thus furthering his plans until X5, which as I said makes no sense for his character. Even X knew somewhere in his soul that he was destined to kill Zero according to X1's ending.

>> No.9839950

>>9839945
X3's* ending I mean

>> No.9839954

>>9839945
You're thinking X3, and that was made up in English.
The original Japanese narration says
>Little does he know, in the near future X will have to engage in combat against Zero.

IIRC X4 had a similar issue.

>> No.9839958
File: 14 KB, 297x224, Vile.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9839945
>Even X knew somewhere in his soul that he was destined to kill Zero according to X1's ending.
That was X3, I believe. In X1 he was just a rando who got whacked trying to take out some jobber.

...Why were the baddies convinced he was worth the trouble again?

>> No.9839962

>>9839954
The translation is not far off. The ultimate fate of X and Zero fighting can only settle with one of them dying.

>> No.9839980

>>9839962
I don't know man, to me "X knows" versus "X doesn't know" is a massive mistranslation.

Alas, we already know the hyped up fight was a complete dud anyway.

>> No.9839998

Where do I get these fucking lore books with proper translation anyway?

>> No.9840206

>>9839958
Maverick Hunter X posits that at one point or another, Sigma noticed X's potential and became obsessed with it.
Aside from that, he does defeat Sigma at the end of X1, so Sigma probably would've noticed regardless.

>> No.9840449

>>9839998
Unfortunately they're not all translated. A spaniard going by the username Sidier translated some bits, but not all of it because he mainly focuses on Gunvolt's printed material.

You gotta brush that /djt/, but I guess it forces you to git gud.

>> No.9840742
File: 45 KB, 615x593, db4.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9828234

>> No.9840778
File: 60 KB, 320x309, Lookin Good AI generated.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9840742
Just wait till we get AI upscalers.

>> No.9840806

>>9840778
I can't wait to see Pitfall Harry's pores and facial blemishes in 4k.

>> No.9841221

What I get from this thread is that Capcom was full of spiteful bitches that did everything in their power to fuck each other by playing internal politics and Mega Man was the ball everybody got to kick over and over again.

>> No.9841640

>>9830572
Who the fuck cares, it's the lamest of the Repliforce designs. Fucking green ass Millhouse

>> No.9841850

>>9828993
why are they scared of him?