[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 1.44 MB, 1920x1200, Final Fantasy VI zerochan.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
979410 No.979410 [Reply] [Original]

Does anyone else dislike this game? I honestly don't know what everyone see's in it. Its rated so highly, like one of the top RPG's ever, etc. I just don't understand. I recently played Chrono Trigger, and that game deserves all the praise it gets. The music is not sticking with me, the combat is really stale, and so far the story seems like your run of the mill JRPG story with evil dude wanting to take over everything. Does the game pick up after the Albrook section? should I be playing the advance version?

>> No.979429

>Does anyone else dislike this game?

No, you're literally the only person on the planet who dislikes it.

Seriously though, if you don't find it enjoyable, you shouldn't force yourself to keep playing or anything like that.

>> No.979431

>>979410

You're so blatantly counterculture, it's painful

I don't have a problem with your opinion, but it's that you made a thread saying you don't like a game. It's like you're looking to feel validated

>> No.979442

I liked IV better.

>> No.979443

it does pick up, things aren't always what they seem.

i think it is kind of tedious despite all it's good parts, but i still love it

>> No.979479

>>979410
It's honestly not a very good game, especially as a game - i.e. if one doesn't focus on the story, graphics and music. Even among notorious JRPGs there are better choices.
>>979442
IV is even worse.

>> No.979498
File: 11 KB, 278x300, Kefka ha.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>979431

I agree, I'll never understand the person who starts a thread just to say they don't like a game

I don't like Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy 7 or Ocarina of Time but i'm not about to start a thread about it

it's like throwing a titybaby fit in public

>> No.979547

>>979410
I like it. I'll replay it. Which is saying something because I only replay games I generally find favorable.

However I felt it was too linear, and I hate how you get Gau and out of nowhere you have all of these powerful techs. Its like you know I waanna earn these techs through leveling up and gaining experience, otherwise it make the game too easy.

Also I feel like it is praised for more than it is really worth. Overrated if you will. I personally find V, IX and II to be much better, in that order too.

Why exactly does it recieve so much praise anyways?

>> No.979551

>>979498
kill yourself

>> No.979552

>>979547
People don't want to say that their favorite is VII so they just drop back one so their taste looks more refined.

>> No.979961

>>979552
Why would VII be anyone's favorite besides being a lot of those people's first?

>> No.979969

>>979547
I honestly never heard anyone really praise II. While I love the concept of their "leveling system" I never felt it worked. But I agree the story it was telling back then was pretty good and fairly dark at times. So what did you enjoy about II?

>> No.980019

>>979410
I don't know, man. From where I'm sitting, every part of this game is good. I like all the little secrets and places to level up quickly and stuff like that. And the characters, with their wildly varied special techniques! It's an utter joy. I've played through it like ten times.

If you're on the first Albrook part, you've barely scratched the surface! If you really don't like the story, I'm gonna have to insist you try a little harder.

>> No.980041

>>979969
Maybe he thinks of the american II, a.k.a. IV. Which doesn't have much worthy of praise either, though.

>> No.980051

>>979969

Not that guy, but the Emperor is a really cool villain... in concept, at least. It's a pity he doesn't really get to shine until Dissidia.

>> No.980056

I never really thought I'd see the day where Final Fantasy VI became the new Final Fantasy VII.

It's almost like its popular to hate on great games these days and frankly, I'm growing tired of it.

Back in the late 80's and 90's no one was doing this shit. We just wanted to have fun and enjoy vidya.

Now its all about Yahtzee-like attitudes: focusing on the flaws of a game so much that you're blinded and can't see all the great things the game does.

Guess I'm just growing too old for this bullshit

>> No.980070

>>980051
I feel 2 had a lot of potential but nothing really worked well to me. There was an actual reason for you characters to do the things they are doing in the game instead of just "the gem brought us here." The "leveling system" could have been great but it didn't work at all (in my opinion). Never played Dissidia since I'm not much of a fighting game fan.

>> No.980072

>>980056
FFVI/VII "hater" here. I'd really appreciate if you'd finally cut out this whole "you hate it because it's popular!" bullshit, you're acting as a whiny kid that finds it hard to believe that people can have different tastes from yours. I've given both games a fair chance, I've -tried- to like them before realizing that they have little going for them, even adored one of these before I got more deeply involved with the genre and realized on a second playthrough that it's rather lacking in comparison.

>> No.980327

For me it's the opposite.
I liked FF6 but found Chrono Trigger to be very boring.

Can't argue about likes and dislikes.
Both are liked by a huge amount of people.

>> No.980345

>>979410
>I recently played Chrono Trigger, and that game deserves all the praise it gets

No it doesn't. Chrono Cross was better.

>> No.980373

VII is still the greatest game of all time. VI is overrated tripe and all the complaints aimed at VII can be aimed at VI also.

>> No.980380

>>979442
IV is best FF. Trash like VI isn't even remotely comparable.

>> No.980384

>>980380
4 isn't best. 5 is. 4 isn't bad tho. I liked it.

>> No.980386

>>980373
>VII is still the greatest game of all time

g8 b8 m8

>> No.980394

Good thread.

>> No.980983

>>980041
I am pretty sure he means the original Final Fantasy II. I thought it was alright, though like most old JRPG's on the NES it does show its age.

I can also appreciate a game in which part of its mechanics went onto one of my favorite series as well.

>> No.980998

>>980384
I like 5, but it's kinda of pale next to 4 and 6.
The job system can't substitute for an engaging story
and 5's story was kind of lackluster.

>> No.981146

>>980072

You're taking personal offense to my comment. It's great that you gave them a chance and I think its pretty obvious that I understand what subjectivity is.

Still you can't deny how some people define themselves by what they hate, not what they like. You also cannot deny all the hipster backlash you see when talking about these games. You just can't. It's there even if you yourself don't see it.

>> No.981160

>>981146

This so true. It's like walking around and saying Beatles is a shitty band

So you deviated from the norm. If you don't want to be persecuted don't make a scene about having supposedly better taste than everyone, because everyone will nitpick at you. How did OP not see this coming?

>> No.981178

>>980998
5 had a great story. 6's story wasn't even that good it was just memorable cause its the only story where the bad guy actually wins.

>> No.981184

>>981160

This.

Basically the goal of "hipster backlash" is to basically show that your taste is more refined because you reject the majority's opinion. Sometimes they actually have played the game and other times they haven't and just parrot flaws they've seen others point out.

I'm okay with pointing out the flaws of a game and I'm okay with thinking a game is bad even if your opinion disagrees with the my own or the majority's. Hell, I point out flaws in games. What I don't do is think my taste is more refined because I disagree with the majority.

>> No.981182

>>981178
>its the only story where the bad guy actually wins.

Kefka wanted to end all existance. He just succeeded in making the world brown.

>> No.983307

>>981184
I love how /vr/ is coming to term with its own meta-ness. We got there faster than Tumblr and Tumblr is still stuck in his piece of shit unique-minded-ness.

>> No.983312

FF6 is a huge mess, gameplay wise.

Story's great, but the game that holds it together is held together with spackle and bubblegum.

Insane amounts of glitches, programming oversights, a useless Fight command, logic that is nonsensical (Strago can't use Blue Magic in Fanatics Tower), the ever infamous Evade bug (which makes many stats utterly useless), weird things like physical musclehead Sabin learning almost nothing but Magic stat based Blitz skills, Cyan's near useless charge gauge, Gau's EVERYTHING, and so on and so on.

>> No.983324

>>979961
>why would anyone like something

Well, we are on /vr/ and not /v/

>> No.983364

>>981184

Is it really hipster backlash if you never liked the game to begin with? For example Earthbound and I, I never liked that fucking game. I played it in the 90s when I was a wee boy and thought it was shit. I played it on emulator two more times after that throughout the years because I tried to grasp why so many people like it. It's my only conclusion that the game is actually just a Dragon Quest clone with almost no innovation (rolling HP counter is hardly an innovation-- it makes the game easier more than anything, same with skippable battles), simply graphics and a barebones storyline that goes "you must defeat the aliens Ness, they are coming to destroy the Earth! Blargh, I am dead, don't let my sacrifice be in vain!". Good music though.

Er, sorry about that. But my point is is it really hipster backlash if you just never liked a game?

>> No.983461

I played up until the world map changed then just stopped. The variety of playable characters was cool, but I don't get why /v/ praises the game, there's nothing special about it's plot, although I guess it was done in a cinematic way for the time it was released. Yes I like Chrono Trigger far more..

>> No.983549

>>980041
Nope. I mean II. As in the PSP remake because lets be honest. I aint sittin through That slow NES shit. Plus in the NES version the only way to "level up" is to get hit, so you would find yourself having to hit themselves just to gain experience. Also to be noted, I never refer to IV as II or VI as III. Because they aren't II or III, their IV and VI. Anyone to who still does this is a retard.

But otherwise I like the storyline. I like the world. And I like the various visual changes the magic spells go through as they level up. I like that the magic spells level up and lastly I like that I equip whatever I want without having to have a specific job to do so. I can be a defensive spell caster and wield sowrds and axes at the same time.

>> No.983565
File: 85 KB, 500x375, ff6.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I guess I would ask how old you were when you first played it. I think most people like FFVI because, for its time, it delivered a story and characters that were utterly unparallelled. It tried to convey emotion and drama, and created relateable characters that were more than just various spins on age-old gaming tropes. Hell, the starting character was female for one, and that was something that was pretty much never ever done.

By today's standards, yes, it's just another dime-a-dozen JRPG, but consider that when it was released, it was pretty much the only one of its kind that most of us had access to. Lastly, if you think the story is simply "evil dude wants to take over everything", you really haven't been paying attention or have totally ignored every subplot in the game.

>> No.983568

>>983364
Its not hipster anything if you simply don't like a game.

But people would assume so because they tend to think that because everyone is supposed to like The Beatles, or Final Fantasy VI, that only a hipster couldn't, and only the hipster because he doesn't have a genuin dislke for it.

So pretty much you don't like a game. But not in a hipster sort of way. You genuinly don't like it but people are calling you hipster anyways.

>> No.983571

>>983565
The people that genuinly like it, for the most part, are people who have played it as a kid, or when it was first released. So that love they feel for the game could just be nostalgia.

>> No.983584

>>983565

It's the Seinfeld effect: everyone's followed in its footprints that, unless you were there the first time, it's hard to see the kind of impact it had.

>> No.983589
File: 590 KB, 230x270, iwata.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>983571
Oh I definitely think nostalgia plays into it. But in addition to that, I think there's also an appreciation for its innovation. Playing it for the first time today, someone could easily just dismiss it as another slow-paced, story-heavy JRPG with emo characters. And they would be right.

But playing it for the first time in the 90s, I was blown away by the fact that characters actually had things to say other than "I'm the hero! You're the bad guys!". I was amazed that there were realistic twists and turns, betrayals, and sacrifices. Until this point, games that I had played, even RPGs, only contained the barest traces of plot and that plot usually just added up to the macho hero plunging his sword of light into the evil overlord's heart.

I had played FF4 as well, but that didn't convey emotion very well (partially due to halfassed translation). FF6 had a story and characters that grabbed me just as much as any television show, novel, or comic book. The PSX era would take this formula and run with it, spawning dozens of JRPGs with deep plots and interesting characters, but I personally see FF6 as the origin point of that trend.

Yeah, JRPGs existed before FF6 but I couldn't name one that really tried as hard to convey a sense of drama or emotion. Maybe a few in Japan, but even if we got them they usually had shit translations that totally butchered that aspect.

FF6 will always be a masterpiece to me because I see it as laying the foundation brick-by-brick for the contemporary JRPG. However, I can totally respect someone not liking it, especially if they're only playing it recently. It's nothing special in the grand scheme of things, and other games on the PSX would go on to completely eclipse it in both tone and story (stuff like FFT, Xenogears, Vagrant Story, etc).

>> No.983592

There are incredibly few things to like about Final Fantasy. The writing is always hamfisted, character and monster designs are uniformly terrible, ATB is repetitive and slow even by JRPG standards. The series is popular for the same reason shonen manga is popular: children and manchildren don't have standards.

>> No.983598
File: 22 KB, 147x125, Skub.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>983592
Care to show me a JRPG released in the USA by 1994 that had better writing and character designs?

Not trying to antagonize you, I'm honestly curious, because I can't think of a single one that wasn't even more cliche and generic.

>> No.983608

>>983571

Are you talking about FF6?

I only ever played FF7 in my younger days, got to the third disc. I played the shit out of Crono Trigger and Terranigma on the SNES, and had a good run on Secret of Mana (never beat it). I was never really into the genre. I picked up a GBA Micro when I was about 22, it was massively reduced as they were discontinuing them or something. Got FF6 free with it, it had no box or manual. I found the sountrack to be quite moving and the writing genuinely funny at times. The characters all had their thing going on and I never found myself grinding or getting harassed by constant enemies. It was quite well paced.

Nostalgia will always play a part in a game's charm, even if it's "Beat 'em and Eat 'em" or something. I don't think FF6 can be dismissed as riding on the coat tails of nostalgia, though. Not at all.

>> No.983621

>>980998
>The job system can't substitute for an engaging story

Gameplay >>> Story.

>> No.983631

I had Genesis, and Phantasy Star IV really had an amazing way of storytelling right from the getgo.

Rather than just portraits/text boxes, the game would flash highly detailed (for the time) images of the characters as they communicated, like a comic book, manga or anime. It was really refreshing at the time for a 16-bit game to put so much life into its characters, and the music was amazing and totally fit the setting of the game and the tone of the conversations between characters.

>> No.983934

>>979547

Well, there are several issues I'm going to point out here that makes me think you didn't get very far into the game. Possible spoilers, but that game is nearly two decades old at this point, so suck my dick.

One, you state the game is too linear. I counter with this: after you transition to the world of ruin, you can beat the game at any time when you have the airship. You literally don't have to do a single other thing(other than perhaps level).

In fact, FFVI rewards you like no other if you decide to actually check the corners. Almost every story beat started in the beginning of the game pays dividends at the end, should you care enough to find them.

Saving Cid, Opera House, Locke's Tragedy, Shadow's Dreams. To this day, a game has not so rewarded someone for actually fucking playing the parts they didn't have to. If you missed something, you missed entire characters and parts of the story!

As far as Gau goes, how does getting in to fights and him having to hang out with them for a while any different than grinding mobs? It was an attempt to be unique in a sea of unique characters and hell, you needed to have dry meat to even get him.

Music, setting, graphics, story, arguably one of the best Villains in any series(Luca Blight is my favorite though). Your post makes me feel like you didn't even play the game, either that or you played it with such a fucking chip on your shoulder it influenced you.

>> No.983965
File: 42 KB, 552x464, LIKESFFIVTHEBEST.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>979442

>> No.984127

>>979410
I always really suck really badly at explaining why I like games but FFVI is one of my favorites so I'll give it a shot.

The one thing that I absolutely loved about it would be the setting. Steampunk and magitech was a really interesting blend. I liked the lore but I do wish that the first Magi War got more focus. The atmosphere was handled really well too, the game always quickly draws me in. From the beginning in Narshe, then the Magitech Factory (the fact that they made it look like a typical, modern day processing plant was a nice touch) to the desolate WoR (they never should have changed the map theme after the airship) in the end. The music was great, the cast was large and diverse and almost everyone had a reason to join in on the fight. The parallels between some of the characters was nice, especially Terra and Kefka and I wish that got justice in the script like in one of Kefka and Terra's exchanges in Dissidia.

>> No.984136

As for the bad, all I can really think of is the linearity, but I honestly never really noticed it until someone pointed it out to me and this is coming from someone who loves the SaGa games too. The WoR portions more than make up for the beginning linearity anyway. I really do wish that there were more sidequests and things to do in WoB though.

>> No.984809
File: 19 KB, 512x448, 7-26062011_165758.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

This is why FF6 sucks.

>> No.984838
File: 11 KB, 184x184, everyoneistrolled.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I think half life, mass effect, stalker, grand theft auto, resident evil, and many other popular games, are all fucking abominations, and anyone who plays them is mentally deficient

I inform people of this when I feel I actually have something to say about it that hasn't been presented yet

I do not start new threads just to point out completely subjective and vague negative opinions about them, since this doesn't inform anyone or improve the discussion in any way

>> No.984863

>>983621
>Gameplay >>> Story.
Then why is X-2 such shit in almost every discussion?

The job system was good, transitioning between jobs in battle was done well, but, at the end of the day, you still just had Charlie's Angels Save Spira.

>> No.984864
File: 225 KB, 480x640, Kefka em pose de Rodin.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Just because everyone loves it, you don't have to. If you don't feel like playing it anymore, don't.

FFVI is a real wasted potential because the game system is poor next to FFV, for example, and the plot could be better developed. I wish FFVI's plot was into a novel so we could explore things like the relationship between Kefka and brainwashed Terra, how Gau survived in the jungle as a toddler, Shadow's relationship with his daughter and his father-in-law, etc.

>> No.984865

>>984863
There's nothing wrong with that.

>> No.984903

Part of it probably stems from having to put yourself in a 1994 mindset and seeing it, but that's not all. I only just played it for the first time a couple weeks ago, and having just played FF 1-5 right before that, narrative-wise it was a huge leap forward. FF4 attempted to have a sophisticated story too but it was much clumsier in its attempt, relying on heroic sacrifices and sudden betrayals (and then not really committing to them).

Narrative-based gaming might be a bad word around here these days, but it must have been something to behold back then, and today it's still an enjoyable and heartfelt game.

>> No.984990

>>984864
Every SNES-era FF is wasted potential in my opinion, except for maybe FFV since it never had that much of an ambitious plot in the first place.

FFIV has a trip to the moon, basically an ancient aliens type of storyline, a love triangle, betrayal and a bunch of other things that simply never got the attention it deserved with the script which I understand was due to limitations at the time. The big reveal that Cecil wasn't even completely human? It got a two line response from Rose.

The big contrast between Kefka gaining power using artificial means to destroy while Terra had power all along and used it to protect? That was only really highlighted in Dissidia. The big war that was talked about in the prologue? The opening and possibly just four more lines later on is all it got.

I guess it can't be helped. Maybe a full remake of VI like I'm hoping for ;_; will fix this.

>> No.985176

>>984838

Actually I'm curious, why do you think they're abominations? i'm actually curious.

>> No.985280

>hating the epitome of 2D JRPGs

Now that's edgy!

>> No.986196

>>985280
But nobody said anything bad about Chrono Trigger.

>> No.986216

>>985280
>"epitome"
>constrictingly linear
>imbalanced as fuck
>simplistic battles
>poor customization
>mediocre storyline and flat (even if memorable) characters
The artstyle is admittedly pretty cool, but you seem to forget that games are more than just artstyles.

>> No.986225

>>984838
Save for GTA, I seriously agree with you.

>> No.986235

>>979410

i 100% agree OP. compared to CT, earthbound, and other RPGs around the same time, FF6 always just felt incredibly bland. could never get into it.

>> No.986238

>>979961

FF1 was my first around the time it came out.

ive played through the end to all of them up until FF9, with the exception of the 2nd and 8th (which i played but couldnt bring myself to finish)

FF7 is by far my favorite.

come at me

>> No.986816

>>984136
Personally as a SaGa fan I really disliked how they handled the switch up, it went from being on rails to just putting you into the world finding everyone AGAIN. I was greatly annoyed by that and didn't care for the abrupt change of game progression.

Then with that I just didn't have an incentive to go anywhere. They were just places in which there was a character or an item. None of the places really felt too special. They were just there, but didn't feel like they had any purpose.

>> No.986871

>>983571

Sorry, I strongly disagree with this. I didn't play it until earlier this year (I'm 21), and I thought it was fantastic. I'm a huge JRPG fan, too. It's got a lot of content, a good story, interesting systems in place, and the number of different playable character with their own unique mechanics that make for a lot of replayability. That paired with the really high quality OST makes it a good game.

>> No.986875

I like it even though it feels a little short to me.

The only thing that bothers me is the lack of usable limit breaks and the "OH SHIT THOSE PEOPLE WE DIDN'T LEVEL UP AND GET GEAR FOR ARE NOW BEING FORCED TO USE" parts that often come with RPGs

>> No.986963

I'm gonna hijack this thread since I'm feeling a bit let down after playing Xenogears for a while. Just rescued Margie and boy is this game boring so far. Does it pick up soon-ish?

>> No.987227

>>979410
> recently played Chrono Trigger, and that game deserves all the praise it gets

>impetus for the main characters quest is "get laid"
>easy to kill final boss without realizing there were sidequests at the end of the game
>if you didn't do these sidequests (I didn't even know they existed until I read a walkthrough after I beat it), none of the sidecharacters aside from Frog and Magus were fleshed out, and boring.
>being a good game worthy of praise

lolz. The only thing good about CT was the soundtrack. 10/10 soundtrack, but storywise it was a 5/10.

6/10 title at best.

>> No.987937

>>986235
>earthbound
Really? Earthbound? That's probably the most bland compared to the "top dogs" of SNES JRPGs.

>> No.987956

>>986963
yeah rescuing her is the most brutal part.

>> No.987971

>>986816
I honestly liked finding everyone again and seeing more of their story and how they grew. Cyan's story was especially good but then there were characters who could have had a great "returning story" but just ended up being disappointing. Mostly Relm, Strago and Shadow. Those three could have easily gotten an intertwined sidequest.

>> No.987985

>>987227
>but storywise it was a 5/10.
>6/10 title at best.

whatever you rate it, it's as good as it gets for a JRPG, and is consistently rated as one of the top console RPGs ever.

Fun factor was 10/10 and it had the coolest and most likeable characters in a JRPG.
Frog, Robo, Luca, Magus; Chrono was cool cause of his style even though he never said a word.

The story was fun and unique for its time, and the dialogue was actually well written.

>> No.988005

>>979498
>I don't like Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy 7 or Ocarina of Time

How old are you? Do you like JRPGs?

>> No.988008

>>980072

>hate ff6 and ff7

really? what rpgs do you think are better?

>> No.988026

>>988008
I'm not him but you're clearly just asking him to say that he has shit taste for liking FFX instead of FFY. FFIX is up there with VI and VII anyway.

>> No.988030

>>988026

I was just curious what people with bad taste enjoy and like to play.

>> No.988039

>I was just curious what people with bad taste enjoy and like to play.

FF8, FF10, and every FF after 10.

>> No.988050

>>988039
But FF10 is good.

>> No.988060
File: 59 KB, 277x304, 1374803309391.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>988050
>But FF10 is good.

Good graphics, maybe.
That's about it.

It's hard to play a game that has completely unlikeable and idiotic characters.

>> No.988073
File: 49 KB, 636x456, TidusCGScreen.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

dude, bro check it out, I'm the hero of an RPG tasked with saving the world, no bro listen...

bruh...hey listen brah, Im totally serious m8

>> No.988118

>>988060

The gameplay was solid. It was actually fun to fight things, and the sphere grid was the tits. Although you have a point about the characters.

OH, and it's aesthetics, not graphics.

>> No.988123

Honestly, every JRPG kinda sucks.

They aren't even role playing games. They are games that give you the illusion of choice and have leveling up.

>> No.988197

>>988123
But we're not using the standards used to judge WRPGs to judge JRPGs?

>> No.988282

>>988197

you mean like good writing, good story, ability to make choices that actually make a difference (aka role playing), character development, etc?

No of course not, that wouldn't be fair

>> No.988291

>>988282
It's just that I see a clear distinction between the two. Yes, the genre's name is misleading. You should just come to not expect most of your decisions to make a difference. You're looking for something that just isn't there and judging the entire genre by that. It IS not fair.

>> No.988302

>>988282
You obviously haven't been playing the right jrpgs

>> No.988454

>>983621
Depends on the game, you fairy.

>> No.988590

>>988302
Which are the "right jrpgs" then? SMT games?

>> No.989468
File: 11 KB, 300x222, 1376233864189.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

What would you consider THE Final Fantasy 6 experience.

SNES, PS1, or the GBA.

I'm not talking about overall content, which I know the GBA has, I'm talking art style, music, etc..

>> No.991036

>>989468
I'd say GBA with the color and sound restoration patches. Or just the SNES version if you don't care for the extra content and possible bug fixes. I'm just assuming they fixed the problems with the SNES release in the GBA one.

>PS1
>loading times everywhere
Anon please. All it has are FMVs and even those were kind of ugly.

If FFVI ever gets a remake I hope that it gets some really good FMVs similar to FFIII and IV's DS ports.

>> No.991042
File: 550 KB, 1024x768, Kefka_CGI_artwork.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>989468
I played both the SNES and the PSX games, and I have to say (aside form the loading times) the PSX is the superior one but mostly for the CG Cutscenes. AS far as I know both games are the same in every single way.

I do plan on getting FFVI Advance only to play it on the go!