[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 1.39 MB, 1488x2105, 1622061945485.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9704384 No.9704384 [Reply] [Original]

I've always loved Kazuki Takahashi's Yu-Gi-Oh! for being a love letter to all forms of gaming, and when we got to the point where the card game became dominant, I loved it too, in its own way. Nowadays there are plenty of F2P CCGs available, but back in the 1990's and 2000's if you wanted a video game like that, your only real option was any of Konami's Yu-Gi-Oh! video games, besides Shandalar I suppose. We had tons of them, some following the official OCG/TCG rules, some being more experimental before we had those official rules to begin with, and some being their own completely different thing.

>Have you played any Yu-Gi-Oh! video games before?
>Which ones have you managed to complete?
>Are you playing any at the moment?
>What do you think of the series video game adaptations on the whole?

So far I've completed Forbidden Memories (PS1), Duel Monsters (GB), Dark Duel Stories (GBC), Sacred Cards (GBA), Eternal Duelist Soul (GBA)... and just recently I went ahead and finished off Stairway to the Destined Duel (GBA) and I love all of the ones I've completed for a variety of different reasons. I'm quite fond of those that manage to follow the official OCG/TCG rules, as early Yu-Gi-Oh! was fun to play, even if it was always an unbalanced mess... but I also love the ones with experimental rules which are simpler, they have charm to them and remind me of the early manga/anime, which I'm fond of.

>> No.9704395

>>9704384
I want to impregnate her

>> No.9704438
File: 835 KB, 477x695, mai huscardo.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9704384
I've been playing SttDD on GBA and it's been a fucking blast. I slept on the YuGiOh! games for a long time despite playing Forbidden Memories for hours when I was younger, and with this I've enjoyed everything, from the rules, summoning and learning the effects of the cards, building both main and side decks and so forth.
>The thrill of dueling with Joey, who always has overpowered beast man cards.
>That Cyber Jar. HOLY SHIT.
>Filling the deck with 4-stars, 2000 DEF cards just to get a foot on the field.
>Getting Exodia'd by one of the Ghouls and losing a Summon card.
>Saved by Kuriboh twice.
>Tasting how broken Robbin' Goblin is after getting it very early.
>Saved by a hair's breadth from Yami Bakura completing the FINAL trap set just because he had Call of the Haunted on the board.
>Not using passwords to enjoy opening card packs after winning a match.
And all in two or three days that I've played it.

>> No.9704440

>>9704395
Gross

>> No.9704458

>>9704395
Join the club

>> No.9704460
File: 991 KB, 634x480, heart of the cards bitch.webm [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9704438
>Forbidden Memories
You mean Twin-Headed Thunder Dragon: The Movie: The Ride: The Experience?

>> No.9704469

>>9704395
Unlike cats, pregnant humans can't carry multiple babies from separate fathers simultaneously.

>> No.9704516
File: 602 KB, 479x700, GhostOgreSnowRabbit-SDAZ-EN-C-1E.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9704384
For me it's the Snow Rabbit
Truth be told I barely know anything about Yu-Gi-Oh! and only played Sacred Cards but I did enjoy it and I want to play more
Which ones do you recommend starting with?

>> No.9704523
File: 68 KB, 600x525, 1673385745247433.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9704469
Woah!
That's actually intriguing

>> No.9704530

>>9704395
Get in the bloody queue.

>> No.9704571
File: 28 KB, 328x480, 51T3TvRXSML._AC_.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9704384
The GBA ones were my favourite yugioh video games because they also came out during the peak of the card game for me, at that time I had amassed a decent sized collection had built two or three decks that I really enjoyed playing with at my FLGS, yugioh was simple and straight forward to play back then and so were the video games. I've sold my entire collection by now but that's okay because I barely recognize the card game now, I hate how much gimmicky bullshit they've added over the years and they fucked with the formula too much but whatever, it's not for grognards like me anymore so I get that. Replaying the GBA games is a great way to experience the good old days so I am content.

>> No.9704580

>>9704395
you and me both brother

>> No.9704630
File: 95 KB, 168x334, Booster.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9704438
If you want to beat Stairway keep taking the pic related booster. It becomes available if your current win streak is 3 or greater.

Among other cards it includles
>Gemini Elf (4 star 1900 attack)
>Mechanicalchaser (4 star 1850 attack)
>Giant Red Seasnake (4 star 1800 attack)
>Axe Raider (4 star 1700 attack)
>Beautiful Headhuntress, Crawling Dragon 2 and Two-Headed King Rex (4 star 1600 attack)
>Graceful Charity (You can have 2 copies of it in your deck in this game!)

Other good cards can be gotten from the special packs you get after winning tournies. The Relinquished booster has many good equips but other than that most easily unlocked boosters have terrible contents.

>> No.9704650

Yu-Gi-Oh GX Duel Academy was great and my personal favorite. It was the most refined yugioh game on the system, played well, and had a lot of cards to collect and decks to play. The Sacred Cards is fun if you want an alternative experience with different rules.

>> No.9704730

>>9704460
Yeah. It's so jarring to go from 'mix everything in your hand until something sticks' to actually take the time to know every card and improve your deck with whatever you get. I think I've spent more time going through the opponent's graveyard reading about cards that I don't have and their effect than playing at all.
>>9704630
I pick at random or whatever new pack I get, but I'll keep that in mind.
So far the most useful cards I've rolled are Spirit of the Harp, Giant Rat, Mysterious Puppeteer (that +LP500 per face up monster in the field has saved me more than once, especially with Swords of Revealing Light) and Jinzo.

>> No.9704943

>>9704384
if i feel nostalgic to play the TCG i usually just load up one of these games with cheats that gives me all the cards from the start and removes the deck building restrictions (if any exist) like card costs & deck level. all the TCG games are pretty fun play with that in mind.

i still wish we lived in the timeline where yugioh still focused on other games because most of the games they covered in the season 0/pre-DM era along with video games like duelist of the roses and falsebound kingdom were infinitely more interesting than the actual duel monsters TCG.

>> No.9705379
File: 317 KB, 640x1024, lcvlg2wdg1la1.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9704395
Dark Magician Girl is cute! CUTE!

>> No.9705681
File: 792 KB, 1169x1565, tumblr_nn0y1vq7GL1snhn1io1_1280[1].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I really like the games with alternative rules, this and DDS being my top choices. But when I wanna play the actual game I always go to World Championship '06 which is the best era of the game.

>> No.9705802
File: 1.48 MB, 640x905, CMC-VideoGameNA.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Capsule Monster Chess is GOAT

>> No.9705867
File: 410 KB, 701x990, 1659823219976362.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9704395
We all do, anon... we all do.

>>9704438
SDD is really special, it really makes the player feel like part of Battle City, however to me it does a better job at it than TSC as that had you essentially replace Yugi/Atem as the main character, which just doesn't feel right, especially in this particular arc, however in SDD you're one of Yugi's friends and your main plot is essentially something that would be a side plot in the manga/anime, which is ideal. I definitely recommend going for the Graceful Charity pack early, to get, well... Graceful Charity, but also Gemini Elf and Mechanicalchaser, some of the best Lv. 4s you'll be able to get.

>>9704460
I've always known that the CPU was a cheating bastard in FM... and this video has frustrated me ever since I 1st laid eyes on it, because it confirmed all of those suspicions... anyways I still love FM as its simple rules are charming to me, reminds me of Duelist Kingdom, and it has some of the best atmosphere in any Yu-Gi-Oh! video game.

>>9704516
I'd recommend replaying TSC if its been a long time since you've last played it, as it is one of my favorites even today. If you want something with similar rules to TSC, then the sequel works, were it not know for its punishing difficulty, I'd go for a ROM hack that makes it tolerable... there's also DDS, which is simpler, as it has no world to go around, but dueling is fun, there's also EDS and SDD on GBA, and both FM or DotR for Sony consoles.

>>9704571
I feel the same, often I try to get into current Yu-Gi-Oh! especially after Master Duel came out, because of how polished it is, with animations, graphics and cosmetics, so many cards to choose from... but nowadays there are so many summoning mechanics, the power creep is unreal, every card has to do a dozen things and interact with other cards that do a dozen things, all of it explained in paragraphs of microscopic text... I'm fine with the DM era, some early GX and/or 5Ds too, Zexal onwards is just not good.

>> No.9705880
File: 393 KB, 601x857, 1658913767919338.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9704630
I'd say this is the best SDD advice one could get, I also recommend the Launcher Spider pack because of 7 Colored Fish and Dark Elf, I know Dark Elf is a 50/50 sort of card as some don't like it due to its cost, but I feel it's worth it, especially as Gemini Elf and Vorse Raider become more common to see... also the Red-Eyes pack has Pot of Greed, Skelengel and Man-Eater Bug. Also go for the Great Moth pack to get Sangan, Witch of the Black Forest, Magic Jammer and Solemn Judgement.

>>9704650
I like the idea of Duel Academy, really immersing the player in that environment... yes, the concept of a Duel Academy is ridiculous, but fun too, and being able to live the world we saw in the anime is always something I appreciate in video games. I have to give it a more serious run at some point.

>>9704943
Having access to everything is a double edged sword I think, on one hand having everything available makes deck building a lot of fun, but the grind in Yu-Gi-Oh! video games, the progress and growth, is probably one of the most fun things about them to me. It'd be nice if Konami tried to experiment more like they used to, Master Duel is excelent, but it's just an OCG/TCG simulator, it's boring and lifeless as a video game.

>>9705681
Agreed, TSC and DDS have some of the most fun alternative rules around, the differences from the official rules made it a lot better in a video game setting, at least to me, it worked perfectly. WC04, WC05 and WC06 all capture a pretty nostalgic era really, Goat format and all, it's classic, so a good choice too, I also loved how WC06 brought back the classic tier system from early Duel Monsters installments, it's charming.

>> No.9705964

I like Falsebound Kingdom even though it's just an RPG instead of anything really to do with the card game.

>> No.9705981
File: 1.19 MB, 1920x1080, 3b36d44c0807651d2181f049bab9fa05.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9705867
I've beaten TSC 3 times already so I'll move on to the sequel, if it filters me too hard then I'll try DDS or SDD
This is a good thread, OP. You're a good lad

>> No.9706136
File: 12 KB, 225x225, 1668680736229071.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

bump. this thread is super comfy

>> No.9706145
File: 67 KB, 350x500, 61K8ZDH8WCL.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Let's play the card game but add mechanics that make everything take 10x longer

>> No.9706615

>>9705880
>but the grind in Yu-Gi-Oh! video games, the progress and growth, is probably one of the most fun things about them to me.
if i wanted that sort of thing i'd just play the physical card game which is quite frankly way too fast nowadays but ironically is probably more accurate to the show than it ever was back in the caveman days.

but honestly TCGs are kinda fucked nowadays...
>yugioh power creep/meta is a joke.
>more people are interested in collecting pokemon cards that actually playing with them.
>it feels like WOTC is practically trying everything they can to kill MTG.
>nobody ever talks about hearthstone.

>> No.9706618

>>9706615
I like the modern Yugioh TCG. The fact that it's broken as fuck is part of the appeal.

>> No.9706849 [SPOILER] 
File: 767 KB, 479x700, bullshit.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Post cards you hate because you got fucked over with them in a match and you still can't get over it.

>> No.9706884
File: 1.27 MB, 823x1200, FB.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9706849
That trap is more dangerous than Mirror Force.

>> No.9707070
File: 36 KB, 330x480, raigeki.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9704438
>*kills your entire field* heh nothing personal kid

kek I forgot that almost all of them have raigeki in their deck, investing in counter-spell cards was the best thing I did early game. But I gotta say there's something really satisfying and fun about using busted ass cards in SttDD, monster reborn, change of heart... countering your opponent just feels so good after several duels of losing heh.

>> No.9707121
File: 277 KB, 349x500, Dark_Yugi_-_Duel_233.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9704384
Oh yeah, certainly.

I've beaten Forbidden Memories (PS1) and Duelists of the Roses (PS2) multiple times each, Eternal Duelist Soul (GBA), Sacred Cards (GBA), Nightmare Troubadour (DS), Capsule Monster Coliseum (PS2). I've also played many of the other games, but not completed them.

Not at the moment.

The 2000's are when they peaked. We got a million different games with different playstyles and it was a lot of fun. They had a lot of character. FM and DotR are my favorites. Despite FM having a lot of issues, it's a fun game to grind in. It's a shame that many of the cards are unobtainable in the North American version. Nightmare Troubadour is my favorite "dueling" game because it's not only of the original series, but it's also in the Goat format. The new games can be fun, but the presentation is seriously lacking and they come off as soulless.

Overall, I am a huge fan of the franchise, but I've only ever been interested in DM, GX and 5Ds with DM being my favorite by far.

>> No.9707154

>>9704730
>I think I've spent more time going through the opponent's graveyard reading about cards that I don't have and their effect than playing at all.
desu that's just modern TCG in general.

>> No.9707192
File: 13 KB, 320x288, F pass.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

What psp Yugioh game is the best, meaning, favorite Tag force?

>> No.9707259
File: 628 KB, 2894x4093, 1634659557978.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9705964
I've heard it has Nitemare in it, the main villain of FM and DDS, so that has sparkedmy interest, but traditional RPGs, without the cards themselves, have never been among my favorites, still, maybe I'll play it one day, we'll see.

>>9705981
I see, if you do find RoD to be too much, I suggest the patch called ReshefIsActuallyTolerableNow, which solves a lot of its balancing issues, like LP and currency. DDS plays a lot like TSC, and SDD has the Battle City setting, so they're a good pick for a TSC fan too. I'm glad you're enjoying the thread, anon! You're a good lad too.

>>9706136
Agreed! I'm glad everyone's having a good time.

>>9706145
I don't know what to make of DotR, since I've never managed to give it a proper playthrough before, even though I grew up with FM and this is literally the sequel, even with all of its differences. I've always been curious about it, some ideas look neat, but we'll see, hopefully I get around to it soon.

>>9706615
I can see you're point, though I still feel video games have the benefit of not costing real money for the cards, one of the downsides nowadays, and even back then, in the OCG/TCG is the cost of some cards. I agree with your comments on the current state of TCGs, it really is a shame and I don't see it getting much better, thankfully these retro adaptations will always be around for us.

>>9706618
I can see why that'd be the case for some, and I've had my fun with Master Duel, but playing retro formats like Yugi/Kaiba and Goat makes me long for the past, it was always broken and unbalanced I think, but it was simpler, less things going on per turn, more back and forth between players, I prefer it that way, thankfully these retro installments give me plenty of that.

>> No.9707260
File: 558 KB, 1000x1000, 1634855356655.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9706849
Kaiba loves pulling this card off to summon BEUD in both EDS and SDD, always satisfying to use something like a Change of Heart or Snatch Steal to take BEUD away from him immediately after that, especially if I manage to negate his attack.

>>9707070
All of these installments are from a time before the Forbidden list, back then it was just Limited, so everyone had at least 1 copy of all of the broken stuff, it's a pain when they use it against you, especially when they disregard the list and run playsets on something like DDS, but it's quite satisfying to use them too, so it's a double edged sword I suppose.

>>9707121
We're very much alike I think, with 5Ds being the last one we can get behind, except I still haven't managed to get to DotR and NT, though I'm really looking forward to playing them in the future. I find the newer installments to have their appeal, especially Master Duel, which has polish and feels truly AAA in graphics, animations and cosmetics... but there's not much to do besides PvP duels with no real player interaction, all so you can get a better rank, I miss having worlds to immerse myself in, characters to interact with, villains to defeat, that kind of thing...

>> No.9707301

I was always into the idea of Tag Duels but never checked any of the games out. Is there a Tag Force game in particular that stands out or should I just try out whichever random one? From what I understand some of them have pretty engaging VN-like stories, too?

>> No.9707302

>>9704384
Yu-Gi-Oh! was one of the first animes i watched so since kid i always play it (in a emulator, only played the ps2 tag force port on a real console). Currently i played the games on GBA, DS, PSP, the ps2 one, Yugioh PRO before learning what OTKO decks are and giving up, and of course Forbidden Memories which i never finished because i suck at that game.
Also, i want to say how the last DS 5D's World Championship has a special place in my heart for both the running sections and the bike duel mechanic. That game really makes you feel like you're part of the anime plot and there's a lot of deck options to do a playthrough again and again, really great game.

>> No.9707304

>>9707301
I just realized someone posted a very similar question before me

>> No.9707319

>>9707301
In theory for duels Arc-V is the best Tag Force because it has the most cards, but the normal AI sucks so you to play the tournaments/dark tournaments where the AI offers a challenge (mostly because your partner is a shit dumb AI, but i use a cheat to control and play for it so i don't have that problem anymore).
But you're not wrong about the VN stuff, i would recommend at least playing from Tag Force 4 (which is where 5D's start) to read each character mini-story since Tag Force 1, 2 and 3 can be a bit "grindy" to do.

>> No.9707384

>>9707260
I still have not tried out Master Duel. The newest one I've played was Link Evolution and while I got a lot of enjoyment out of it, the presentation is lacking.
DotR is a lot of fun as long as you don't go into it expecting Yugioh. You are probably already familiar with it, but it's a deck themed strategy game and it is a lot of fun.
As for NT, definitely try it out if you like the Goat format and DM. If you can, play the European version as it fixed a bug from the NA version where Pegasus stops showing up later in the game, locking you out of his friendship rewards unless you grinded for them early in the game. If you already on the NA version though, it's still great.

>> No.9707512
File: 43 KB, 900x400, tea.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9704460
>terrible and at the end cheaty AI
>insane difficulty spike
>grindy as fuck
>locks most iconic cards under bullshit RNG pocketstation shit
>doesn't bother making the cards obtainable for whito piggu version
>doesn't resemble the Konami TCG much
>clearly a cashgrabby budget game if analyzed with cinicism
but
>best soundtrack
>brimming with SOUL
>actually fun to play
>sold a shit ton and became a beloved cult classic
Don't deny it, Kazuki Takahashi clearly sold his soul to the devil, how is this even possible? Not to mention
>lets Konami release a poorly thought out Trading Card Game
>Konami shows their intentions of grabbing as much cash as possible before the game flopped with relentless power creep, starting it from day one
>becomes the only non-Wizards of the Coast card game to survive and be actively played up to this day
Explain this without shadow realm contracts

>> No.9707523

GIVE ME A FUCKING REMASTERED DOTR WITH MORE DUELS OR SOMETHING AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

>> No.9707995
File: 54 KB, 500x683, FM-9vJ2WUAQDHxc.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Attention Duelists! My hair is bumping this thread.

>> No.9708290
File: 1.04 MB, 682x1000, MirrorWall-SBCB-EN-C-1E.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9706884
Every deck I make in every Yu-Gi-Oh game ends up with 3 Fairy Box and 3 Mirror Wall in it.
>Here I come, King of Games! Do you have enough Monsters in stock?

>> No.9708351
File: 3.08 MB, 1191x1680, tenjouincheer.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9707301
It isn't immediately obvious from the start, but Tag Force has a completely linear story and all of the games are connected.
The games are best played in release order, which is rough because Tag Force 1 is probably the worst. The character affection system is really obtuse.
QRD:
>Characters have two affection meters, one of them is invisible
>The visible one goes up when you duel them or give them presents
>The invisible one goes up if you talk to them at least once every day and goes DOWN if you don't
>The visible meter controls whether they will become your Tag Partner
>The invisible one controls whether they are nice or mean to you in dialogue
>Manjoume/Chazz and Kaiser/Ryou/Zane have unique mechanics on top of this
It's a fucking shitshow and was removed from later games.
Tag Force is a god damn marathon but it's also a one-of-a-kind journey. The length is both the best and worst part of it. You really build a bond with your partners and your cards over the course of the hundreds and thousands of hours of duels. It is a MASSIVE time investment though. If you have anything else you really want to play I'd get that done first, Tag Force is so long there's a non-zero chance you'll die before you finish it.

>> No.9708374

>>9708351
All this text about the friendship system and I still forgot to explain how conversations work or the cat. Agh.
Look, I'm not a Tag Force apologist, Tag Force 1's systems fucking blow.
The games are still good, they're fun, the strategy is deep, you can get pretty much any GX or 5Ds character as your girlfriend/boyfriend.
If all of that sounds appealing to you and you have several months worth of free time to kill, give them a shot. They're probably the best Yu-Gi-Oh games that will ever be made.

>> No.9708376
File: 28 KB, 500x375, 1655269416606.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9704384
What's the best Yu-Gi-Oh game for someone new to the series? Well, not really new. I used to watch the show a little back in maybe 2000 or 2001. I had the Sacred Cards game for the GBA as well, but I never beat it.

>> No.9708423

>>9704384
I wonder what will end up happening to YU-GI-OH! without Takahashi in several years? Who calls the shots now that he has departed? It better not end up like Street Fighter after 4.

>> No.9708619
File: 156 KB, 850x1084, __dark_magician_girl_and_magi_magi_magician_gal_yu_gi_oh_drawn_by_deluxe__sample-513f3982ccdaec8d256c2894bdbe2f74.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9707302
>and of course Forbidden Memories which i never finished because i suck at that game.
If you ever decide to go back to it, my main advice would be to look up drop rates on PocketDuelist (https://pd.ygo.fm/)) so you know who to farm from the get go, early on you go after Dragons, Thunders and Equips, learn how fusions work, how they're mostly by generic type than specific cards, it's simply after some trial and error, after that it's just a matter of farming Low Meadow Mage, Jono 2nd and Pegasus, so you get:

3x Meteor B. Dragon
3x Red-Eyes B. Dragon
3x Meteor Dragon
3x Megamorph
3x Bright Castle
3x Dragon Treasure
3x Widespread Ruin

I'd say these 7 cards are the ones who'll take you to the end credits, it's not easy, and Seto 3rd especially forces you to do the last 6 duels over and over until you get past him, but eventually you'll pull it off if you keep trying I suppose.

>>9707384
Link Evolution does feel quite lazy in many departments, the polish in Master Duel regarding graphics and presentation is way more AAA to me... the problem is that Link Evolution has a much better campaign, it's still not my favorite style of campaign, simply replaying manga/anime duels, as I prefer something more immersive and RPG like, but it's better than what Master Duel has. I really hope to try out both DotR and NT soon enough, I'm taking a break now after finishing off SDD on GBA, and I don't have a DS or PS2 emulator on my PC just yet, but eventually I hope to get to it. I'll keep in mind the NT bug too, anon. Thanks!

>>9707512
Kazuki Takahashi and Konami really struck gold, it's a card game that had everything to go wrong, with video games that had everything to be despised... and yet all of it was successful and is still remembered fondly. Yu-Gi-Oh! has a certain magic to it, pun not intended, that no other card game has managed to replicate.

>> No.9708630
File: 740 KB, 550x550, Pharaoh.Atem.full.2044227.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9707523
I'd love that, the concepts in DotR seem quite fun on paper, and the way it uses levels as a mana cost is quite similar to how Hearthstone would do years later to essentially launch the F2P CCG genre, it'd be lovely to see a new version.

>>9707995
Based.

>>9708376
I'd say that the Sacred Cards you had as a kid is a good starting point, as it has a plot inspired by the anime's Battle City arc, a world to move around in somewhat inspired by Pokémon, simplified rules without phases so it's not as common to misplay and also easier to understand for someone new, an overall low difficulty in general, and a shop with cards for a fair price considering how much you get after defeating many of its main bosses. After that, if you're looking for something with the official rules, I'd go for Stairway to the Destined Duel, as it also takes place in Battle City, however if you want to replay the whole anime, Legacy of the Duelist is a good choice.

>>9708423
I believe he hadn't been too active in recent years besides making artwork for some cards every once in a while, so I feel it'll keep going as is, with Konami milking it to death with power creep, new summoning mechanics and cards that do even more stuff than now.

>> No.9708667

>>9708619
Anytime, OP. One more thing I forgot to mention about NT is that advancing the plot is extremely cryptic, so I'd recommend a guide for it when you inevitably get stuck. Also, this is completely irrelevant, but at least in the North American version of the game, the dialogue is some of the most broken English I've seen in a game and it's pretty funny.

>> No.9708732
File: 155 KB, 750x530, 1626970169322.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9708667
I use guides whenever I get stuck anyways, I know many are against it and feel that it takes away the legitimacy of a playthrough, but I always prefer to use a guide than to quit altogether, anyways I'm grateful for the warning, I'll keep it in mind. I'm looking forward to playing the NA version after I'm done with the European version just for a laught, love broken English translations.

>> No.9708897
File: 29 KB, 600x338, Bandit Keith.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9707995
Hey! Bumping threads is illegal... IN AMERICA!

>> No.9708949

>>9708619
>Yu-Gi-Oh! has a certain magic to it, pun not intended, that no other card game has managed to replicate.

You're playing a card game where the loser gets sent to purgatory, that's fucking badass

>> No.9708967
File: 54 KB, 421x614, SEXOOOOO.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9704395
Same, but with the Amazoness Swords Woman instead

>> No.9708969

>>9707259
>I've heard it has Nitemare in it, the main villain of FM and DDS, so that has sparkedmy interest, but traditional RPGs, without the cards themselves, have never been among my favorites, still, maybe I'll play it one day, we'll see.
The thing is the game requires playing it 3 times in order to see all content.

>> No.9709559
File: 151 KB, 800x1298, 1638569648628.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9708949
>You're playing a card game where the loser gets sent to purgatory, that's fucking badass
You have a point there.

>>9708969
>The thing is the game requires playing it 3 times in order to see all content.
Oh... I see, then I hope I end up really enjoying it, because if I find it to be just mediocre or downright bad I can't see myself pulling through that much, even for Nitemare.

>> No.9709971 [SPOILER] 
File: 47 KB, 410x308, Yoog.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9708949
>You're playing a card game where the loser gets sent to purgatory, that's fucking badass

Man, I started reading the manga recently and Yugi is one stone-cold motherfucker.

>> No.9710242

>>9707512
>Explain this without shadow realm contracts
No wonder he died under such weird circumstances.

Also source for pic?

>> No.9710851

>>9706145
Unironically enjoyed this game.

>> No.9711037

The fact that Forbidden Memories has a speedrun community is one of the dumbest things in the entire history of video games

>> No.9711078

>>9709559
On the plus side, all monsters obtained in one route keep all their shit in the next including levels. So the question is whether you start with Kaiba and get 3 BEWD that will carry you through Yugi and Joey's playthroughs, or start with Yugi and get the DM (can be permenantly upgraded to Magician of Black Chaos) and DMG with their combo attack that will carry you through Kaiba and Joey's playthroughs. Joey's requires beating both first and it isn't even half as long.

The downside of this is, since your monsters keep their levels through playthroughs and enemy monsters scale up depending on how you've done (starting level for enemy monsters is 30 for 1 playthrough beaten, 60 for 2, 90 I think for 3 onwards), you're REALLY incentivized to use your old shit and not the new shit that you now have to level up against tougher enemies.

Also, play that shit with a fucking guide because finding the hidden monsters on each stage is so goddamn cryptic. You will NEVER find Moisture Creature without a guide.

>> No.9711132

>>9704395
We know Goblin Attack Force

>> No.9711174

>>9711078
I'm playing the game right now (currently about two thirds into Yugi's campaign) and I am wondering if I will be able to use only new monsters in Kaiba's campaign. I have a nice stock of items already.

Also, the mission involving Bakura is insane. I had to pick the quickest moving unit for my marshal and immediately move it to the town I was supposed to defend. Absolutely nuts, that one.

>> No.9711213

>>9708619
The anon who sucks at FM here Yeah i tried to farm some equips from Pegasus and even got a rare Meteor B. Dragon from Joey II but i just lost my interest in it when the fusion mechanic stopped being necessary.
Probably the mods "fix" that with new fusions, but the one i tried crashed everytime and it looked more kaizo than FM endgame for me.

>> No.9711230

>>9708423
He was already away from the franchise since a long time ago, if i not wrong he only did some main character designs on the last few animes and that's it.
But i guess Yu-Gi-Oh! itself will stay the way it is a long time, full multiplayer focus and a few Switch games of Sevens/Go Rush!/any rush duel mode game.

>> No.9711239
File: 1.50 MB, 640x909, PCJ-VideoGameNA.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

soundtrack is ingrained in my memory to this day

>> No.9711453
File: 677 KB, 1340x1840, a17ca7b86f5d8cb5d80d0aa3f416de68.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9707259
I didn't expect such a massive grind in RoD, the starting deck is much worse than TSC and the card shop seems to have much less cards in stock.
I moved to SDD and I'm having a much better time despite that I've lost most duels so far, the opponents have a much better variety of cards unlike TSC where they barely used any magic/trap cards for most of the game also it seems like a lot more monsters have special effects which makes every duel even more dynamic

>>9706849
I managed to destroy all of Kaiba's monsters with a Cyber Jar, Including a White Dragon and Ultimate Dragon, he didn't even get a chance to attack and he wasted 5000 LP

>>9708630
>I believe he hadn't been too active in recent years
Yeah well, it's hard to be active when you're no longer alive

>> No.9711507

>>9711230
Yes. Takahashi wasn't involved with anything after DM for the most part.

>>9711453
Sacred Cards was too easy, so the sequel Reshef of Destruction was made too hard in response. Many of the difficulties are just annoying.

>> No.9711516

>>9707512
RIP Takahashi
https://youtu.be/ImF9PGnIenE

>> No.9713295

best yugioh game on gba?

>> No.9713440
File: 33 KB, 538x570, images.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9713295
OP here, I wouldn't say there's a best one, it depends on what you're looking for...

>If you want the OCG/TCG rules from back then, and prefer the DM era of the manga/anime:
Eternal Duelist Soul: If you want to play duel after duel with some dialogue and character interaction, also some events here and there.
Stairway to the Destined Duel: If you want the same as above, but with more of a story setting, in this case the Battle City arc.
World Championship 2004: In case you only want to duel and don't care about events, story or characters even, besides their decks.
World Championship 2005: A world to move around with championships to compete in, with your own character and not much of a story, it's about getting trophy after trophy mostly.

>If you prefer simpler rules that still take the OCG/TCG as inspiration while taking some from the early manga too, and prefer the DM era of the manga/anime:
The Sacred Cards: A simple and somewhat easy RPG style adventure where you move around a world similar to Pokémon, with a story based on the Battle City arc.
Reshef of Destruction: Same as its predecessor, but with an original story, filled with lore and depth, but difficulty is much higher and takes a lot of grinding, if it's too much I'd recommend a patch called ReshefIsActuallyTolerableNow.

>If you just want to play duels and complete missions, and prefer the GX era of the OCG/TCG and/or anime:
World Championship 2006: Similar to 2004, but with more content and the GX setting and card pool.

>If you want to immerse yourself in a world and prefer the GX era of the anime:
GX Duel Academy: You play duels that follow the official OCG/TCG rules while being a student in the academy with characters from the anime as your classmates.

I hope you manage to find your favorite soon enough! All are decent video games at least though, so you can't go wrong with any of them.

>> No.9713463
File: 75 KB, 600x811, Dark.Magician.Girl.600.3518171.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9711078
I see, thank you for all of the advice, anon!

>>9711213
I know what you mean, fusions are fun when you get the hand of them, but soon you'll only be going for THTD, and then the only fusion you'll do is REBD and MD to summon MBD, it's a bummer.

>>9711453
SDD is quite fantastic, and since you've enjoyed TSC it's a good option, since it's based on the same arc. If you ever want to give RoD another shot I'd recommend the ReshefIsActuallyTolerableNow patch, it makes it much more playable.

>> No.9713648

>>9708374
>>9708351
Thanks for all the info, surprised to hear what a lengthy experience it'd be though. I think I'll just give the fourth game a shot first and go from there, considering that seems to be where 5ds starts and I appreciate that universe more anyway.

>> No.9713668

>>9711174
The Blue Eyes, even though they start at level 1, start with 3k attack and 2.5k defense so they should be able to pull their weight enough to level up. Just give them to the character you expect to fight almost as much as the MC since obviously you'll use the MC for big fights.

>> No.9713673

>>9713668
Oh also, you can fuse them into BEUD during fights and even though it's a single unit and can possibly die quicker, it has 4500 attack and its special move hits all enemies so it's no slouch.

>> No.9713684

You know what's REALLY fucking stupid about Falsebound Kingdom? That some monsters you unlock in Yugi's/Kaiba's campaign, but only AFTER beating Joey's, which means it will be effectively useless to you. And one of them is Skull Knight who is an amazing monster whose attack literally never misses, but you're never going to pick him when he's level 1. You basically have to use gameshark/gecko to unlock those monsters early if you want to use them.

>> No.9713708

>>9707259
>I don't know what to make of DotR, since I've never managed to give it a proper playthrough before, even though I grew up with FM and this is literally the sequel, even with all of its differences. I've always been curious about it, some ideas look neat, but we'll see, hopefully I get around to it soon.
It's an...interesting idea. It has a fucking better way of obtaining new cards than FM does, I'll tell you that for free.

>> No.9713765

>>9704384
I miss when Dark Magician Girl was THE waifu card. It made the card special, not just because it was "a" card of a cute anime girl but because it was "the" card of a cute anime girl. Now we have hundreds of them, even in other card games like Pokemon and Magic.

>> No.9713913

>>9713765
i still get a kick that we have a vtuber arctype in yugioh now

>> No.9713985
File: 86 KB, 400x580, Eldeen-V3-JP-C.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9713765
Eldeen was the original waifu card. She had no physical english release but she was in several video games.

>> No.9714236

>>9713765
At the same time though that means she holds a special place forever, like Gardevoir for pokemon

>> No.9714546

>>9713765
For me its mystical elf

>> No.9714554

Forbidden memoriesbros, can you redpill me on potential rom hacks? I watched a few videos on youtube alluding to the fact that there was an active rom hacking scene but googling seemed to send me to random spanish websites with little description on what the hacks were. Is there a community for this somewhere?

>> No.9714561

>>9704384
Why is DMG so hot?

>> No.9714596

>>9714561
Boobs

>> No.9714775

>>9714554
The most prevalent romhacks are the 5-card and 15-card mods where each duel gives you 5 / 15 card drops instead of 1. There was also a FM2 mod a long time ago that was essentially a reskin but with new cards. As for where to find them, for some reason Romhacking.net does not have a page for FM, so you have to go out of your way a little to find them.

>> No.9715023

>>9713648
That's a good choice if you're a 5Ds fan.
If you enjoy those games and end up wanting more, consider 4-5-6-1-2-3-Special as a play order. Special is a love letter to Tag Force fans so it's best to play it as your last game.

>> No.9715063
File: 109 KB, 255x285, Guide-san.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9708376
Not retro, but the freeware 3DS game Saikyou Card Battle has a detailed tutorial and little deckbuilding, so it's quite forgiving for absolute newcomers.
Tour Guide From The Underworld does the tutorial; she's so cute.

If you'd like to play something retro and fun and don't want to learn a lot of complicated rules, Capsule Monster Coliseum on the PS2 is much simpler and is has voice acting from the dub.

>> No.9715214
File: 86 KB, 400x580, Nekogal1-TP6-EN-C-UE.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9713985
>not picking Nekogal #1

>> No.9715262

>>9713985
What a smug cunt, I love her

>> No.9715274

Rip the creator. Fuck trying to save women. Wouldn't be me. F

>> No.9715297
File: 616 KB, 544x544, MysticalSand-TF04-JP-VG.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9713985
There were a lot of underrated ones back in the day. Goddess of Whim, Dark Elf, Mystical Sand and later Gemini Elf just to name a few.

>> No.9715308

>>9715297
Oh yeah also Queen of Autumn Leaves, but Mystical Sand has always been my pick.

>> No.9715312
File: 124 KB, 900x1200, p1058120808.1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.9715317

>>9715063
Is this the one where the only English patch has one of the duelists say things like "I'm a faggot." and "This fag's turn." ?

>> No.9715334
File: 1.47 MB, 4012x2304, freaky fish guy.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9715274
He didn't respect the ocean.

>> No.9715404
File: 195 KB, 716x406, Faggot Duelist Tendou.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9715063
>>9715317
I just double checked and yes this is the one. I went into this English patch blind so seeing "retard" and "faggot" gave me a good laugh. It reminds me of what fan translators would do in the 2000s.

I looked into it and the original English patch was done by a romhacker named "ClickClacker01" or something like that. He took a lot of... creative liberties with his patch. Two years ago, someone else came along and made an updated version of the original English patch with the goal of making the tone consistent with the Yugioh series. However, he specifically left in Psychic Tendou's "faggot" lines and a few other offensive lines. If you want a good laugh, look at the thread in the GBAtemp forums where the updated English patch was released and look at the replies. Kek

>> No.9715436

>>9704384
Yes
2006 GBA, 2007 DS, DDM, Tag Force 5, Tag Force 6, Legacy of the Duelist
No but I wish I was
Overall not bad, I think you can pretty much find any era of the card game encapsulated in game form and have something to enjoy. It would have been nice to see more 3D games with settings from the manga/anime and create-a-duelist functions. Duelist Kingdom, Virtual World, Battle City etc. Other than that no complaints.

>> No.9715469
File: 78 KB, 512x768, Nightmare Troubadour.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I'm currently playing Nightmare Troubadour.
So far I'm really lacking in good cards. The only limited cards I found so far are a Exodia piece and the Crush Virus. My MVP is Bickuribox right now.

>> No.9715491

>>9715469
Don't worry. Most of your opponents have even worse decks so it balances out. There is a brutal 7 duel shadow game gauntlet towards the end of the game against Gozaburo, Noah and the Big 5. You'll probably want a good deck by then, but you can get through the game slowly building up your card collection until that point.

>> No.9715495

>>9715469
Although actually, that's a pretty good deck.

>> No.9716162

The Falsebound Kingdom needs more love, It had a good concept

>> No.9716195
File: 595 KB, 697x434, Wx7KDDY.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9706145
I love the 3d models of the game, it's such a big shame no one ripped lots of them

>> No.9716587
File: 59 KB, 474x695, OIP.DeSHoeeiVxY_TBlq2mY-QgHaK3.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9715297
Elzaim is my favorite. She's from all the way back in STARTER BOX, the first Yu-Gi-Oh starter deck ever.
I met her when I was doing the "Win a duel using only Fairy monsters" challenge in World Championship Tournament 2006 and she's been a favorite of mine ever since.
There's a fairly realistic chance that I'm the only person to have ever written fanfiction about her.

>> No.9716805

>>9716195
They reused them all in Falsebound, did anyone try ripping them from that?

>> No.9716959

>>9716805
>they reused them all
I Wish, of all the 600+ Monsters of Duelist of the Roses only 145 were reused for Falsebound Kingdom

>> No.9716965

>>9716959
Really? I swore there were like 250 monsters minimum in falsebound

>> No.9717032

>>9716965
After checking Falsebound has more monsters but it's still not even remotely half of Roses, Falsebound was likely a rushed development hell for the devs., even forced to finish it without fixing or expanding stuff which can explain it's many problems
https://yugioh.fandom.com/wiki/List_of_Yu-Gi-Oh!_The_Falsebound_Kingdom_cards
https://youtu.be/2QsVHz_Wecs
176/682
Konami execs were still a massive pain to the devs. which considerably worsened the release

>> No.9717039

>>9704571
Pokemon TCG suffered the same fate so I can relate. I get they want to keep things fresh, but adding stupid new mechanics just drive away the original players.

>> No.9717073

>SDD
>Kaiba is pushing my shit inwards.
>100 LP left.
>He flips Torrential Tribute for no reason after he summoned something.
>He even put it there the previous turn.
>He had 4 monsters in his side, including BEUD.
I won a couole of turns later, but it hurt so fucking bad back then. It's like the game said: "You can only win to me like this with your measly deck, dumb player!"

>> No.9717361

>>9717039
I can see that with Yu-Gi-Oh, but Pokemon?
The only major new mechanic they've added that I'm aware of are the various flavors of EX Pokemon, and those were introduced back in 2003.

>> No.9717382

>>9717039
Most of the newer game mechanics have not been that problematic besides link summoning which intentionally nerfed other extra deck summoning methods in order to force you to buy link cards (and in the process ruined a lot of popular decks). If I recall they did end up reverting some of the link rules to fix this because it was so unpopular.

The real problem is the insane power creep breaking the flow of the game and the balance being overly biased towards forcing you to buy new archetypes. I hated how often the meta revolved around only a handful of different decks if you wanted to be competitive. Konami are greedy hacks and Yugioh caters to the whales too much. I think modern Yugioh has lost a lot of its "soul" as well.

Ironically despite Yugioh being known for its trap card memes the modern Yugioh meta has generally been unfriendly to trap cards and staple trap cards have become much less common (at least as of several years ago when I quit). Monsters that can be used kind of like trap cards from the hand tended to replace them. A lot Yugioh players get butt-hurt if they can't consistently pull off their combos. I distinctly recall one player complaining that my stun deck was unfair and should be hit on the ban list despite the fact that their deck would beat mine 7 out of 10 times.

>> No.9717464
File: 491 KB, 460x345, 1532824077526.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9704571
>>9717382
When it comes to the Yugioh TCG, the first decline was when the Pharaonic Guardian set came out. The walls of text and bullet points multiple effects drove a lot of people away (little did they know it could get much worse). This isn't mentioned very often, because the next set, Magician's Force brought everyone back. To me, the Goat format is the best because it has a lot of viable options and you can tweak deck formulas without being at a severe disadvantage for doing so. Cybernetic Revolution was the beginning of the end to me. The game was still fun but gradually got worse from there. 5Ds introduced Synchros which were fun, but forced everyone to play them or be at a severe disadvantage. I feel the same way about XYZ. Pendulums and later, Link Summoning is when Yugioh stopped feeling like Yugioh. It isn't even close to the same game anymore. Also, the archetype thing has gotten out of control to the point where your entire deck is going to end up just being made of a single archetype. It a lot less fun to make decks for modern formats. Old formats are still a lot of fun to play on fan services like Dueling Book.

As an aside, the artwork has gotten a lot worse over the years. The coolest designs are still from the early Konami OCG/TCG sets. The monsters were macabre and the spell and trap cards felt esoteric. It really fit the lore of the game. Nowadays, most of the designs just look like generic anime designs.

>> No.9717519

>>9717032
In fairness, being told to make a turn-based RPG when nothing about the card game lends itself to that, does sound like a giant pain in the ass. That would be development hell for anyone.

>> No.9717568

>>9717464
>The walls of text and bullet points multiple effects drove a lot of people away (little did they know it could get much worse).
With few exceptions I did not mind the longer effects. To give konami credit they have done a good job of making their card effect writing more consistent so you don't need to look up rulings as often. Where the long effects become a problem is when power creep has lead to players being expected to pull off big multi card combos every turn. One or two cards a turn is not a problem but beading a bunch of new cards at once is annoying to players who don't follow the meta closely.

>5Ds introduced Synchros which were fun, but forced everyone to play them or be at a severe disadvantage.
I basically saw them as more versatile from of fusion summoning that allowed most decks accesses without having to print a ton of hyper specific fusion cards. I really liked some of the formats in the 5ds era and we still got a lot of cool artwork during that time. I did not play competitively during the goat format so I can't comment on it.

>Also, the archetype thing has gotten out of control to the point where your entire deck is going to end up just being made of a single archetype.
Konami does not want to accidentally make an old deck good with generic support. Got to make sure players only use the mandated current deck. It is funny how often they put overly restrictive "this card name can only use this effect once per turn restrictions" on bad cards no one is likely to use anyways.

>As an aside, the artwork has gotten a lot worse over the years.
Absolutely agree. Likely a cliche choice but Invasion of Chaos is my probably favorite set when it comes to art.

>> No.9717749

>>9711078
>>9713668
Pickking Kaiba first is the noob trap because they see Blue Eyes and go "woah, cool dragons"
Except dragon monsters are shit in FK, like absolute shit. They get no real items to power up their attack and often have low action points when AP is the best stat in the game bar none. They have high defense but DEF is a literally pointless dump stat that does nothing unless you defend that turn.
By contrast Yugi's campaign loads you with Warrior, Beast, and Spellcaster monsters which are the 3 best monster types in the game besides Spirit-Types because of how many powerup items you can equip them with.

>> No.9717839
File: 287 KB, 1200x1600, s-l1600.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9717568
>It is funny how often they put overly restrictive "this card name can only use this effect once per turn restrictions" on bad cards no one is likely to use anyways.
Picrel comes to mind lol
Konami really didn't want players using their common card from a McDonald's Happy Meal circa 2002.

>> No.9718309
File: 335 KB, 473x960, 80370921_437751866897511_2685388564786577408_n.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9715436
>It would have been nice to see more 3D games with settings from the manga/anime and create-a-duelist functions. Duelist Kingdom, Virtual World, Battle City etc. Other than that no complaints.
I want this so badly... as much as I love Battle City, my favorite arc has always been Duelist Kingdom, due to the variety of settings on that island, the introduction of so many iconic characters, the star chips, Pegasus... so much good stuff, all we ever got were installments that tried to simply replicate the manga/anime duels with some cutscenes, like Legacy of the Duelist, or a simple RPG which is the closest we've gotten to feeling like a duelist in Duelist Kingdom exploring the island, which was in Duel Monsters (GB) that thankfully got a translation recently... I want to explore that island on my journey to collection star chips, almost like The Sacred Cards (GBA) but with more polish and a larger scope, it'd be incredible.

>>9716195
One of the least appreciated parts of Forbidden Memories, though it's understandable why these scenes are skipped, or else it'd take too long to duel, but I have to say many of these models are downright impressive... and for 722 cards? A respectable effort.

>>9717073
Kaiba can be a pain in any Yu-Gi-Oh! video game, my main memories of him from EDS and SDD are his Cyber Stein and Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon combo, though many times I took that joy away from him and either destroyed his 4500ATK card with a Spell... or downright took it from with to use it on my side, always a treat.

>>9717464
Indeed... Yu-Gi-Oh! was always a card game full of flaws to me, even in the early days we all recall so fondly, but nowadays it's just a mess and I don't get much pleasure out of playing it, I try to enjoy Master Duel, and sometimes it's fine, but it doesn't compare to a duel from back then, even with all of the flaws it had.

>> No.9718391

>>9718309
duelist kingdom will always be a meme arc to me when it comes to the grand scheme of OG yugioh.

alot of the fun with the pre-DM/season 0 era of yugioh when it came to the shadow games was the fact that all the games they played had relatively very consistent rules to them that were easy to follow. but duel monsters was kinda all over the place until battle city. and i actually liked marik as a villain more than pegasus because of the fact that his millennium item meant that anyone could've been his proxy (which we kinda see with joey) and he was actually out for blood in those proxy duels.

that said where they fucked up with marik was that they made his actual in person duels total asspulls and yami marik was fucking retarded. the guy was a fucking monster who mind controlled people and ran an black market smuggling ring so trying to force a face turn/redemption arc feels forced.

>>9717749
kaiba's route always felt like easy mode to me in falsebound kingdom & duelist of the roses. most of the opponents kinda softball you and/or the objectives are pretty easy.

>> No.9718392

>>9718309
>One of the least appreciated parts of Forbidden Memories, though it's understandable why these scenes are skipped, or else it'd take too long to duel, but I have to say many of these models are downright impressive... and for 722 cards? A respectable effort.
For sure. A good chunk of them are just palette swaps of each other (just like the real cards lol) but it's still pretty impressive. I also love the attack animations and visual effects on them. It's also fun to watch the animations when you're accomplishing a feat such as destroying BEUD with your 4x boosted THTD.

>> No.9718513

>>9710242
enjoy kouhai links

>> No.9718554

>>9711174 (me)
>>9713668
>>9717749
So I beat Yugi's campaign and started Kaiba's. I decided to try using new monsters because spamming Magicians' combo was getting boring. I gave Mokuba Labyrinth Tank and Magnet Warriors (Alpha + Beta)... and he got bodied in the second mission by Bonz who had paralysis and poison on every attack. Even with boosting items, old monsters have trouble keeping up with enemies who have 30+ levels. This really encourages me to just give old monsters to new marshalls. I am afraid that Joey's campaign might be even worse if I DON'T use old monsters like Magicians and Harpies.

Should I just give up on old low level monsters (e.g. 1lv Gaia) and go with old high level ones (e.g. 35lv Flame Swordsman) mixed with high level new ones (like 31lv Zombie Dragon)? I don't mind struggling for a stage or two but I do not want to punish myself for half a campaign.

>> No.9719227

>>9704460
Reminder that what this webm shows isn't exactly accurate. Rather than being able to spawn whatever card it wants, your opponent actually holds more cards then you. I think at the latest parts of the game he holds like 20 cards in his hand. Honestly even more frustrating to think about to me.

>> No.9719557
File: 520 KB, 629x551, 1674871293286112.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9704460
>>9719227
This is correct. The way the AI works is not the same as the way the player's deck works. The AI responds to the player's behavior with an RNG roll based on what they did. Rather than having any hand at all, they play a card from their deck based on the nature of stimulus and if an RNG check passes. Despite this, they still have to follow the three-card rule. For example, if they've already played three BEUDs, that card will no longer be a part of their playable card pool. Another quirk of this system is that you can tell what they will play based on if they picked a card from the left, center or right side of their "hand" in many cases.

>> No.9719647

>>9717382

YGO died from power creep to me the moment Raigeki - Rai-FUCKNG-Geki! - got unlimited.

A powerhouse like this one becoming more of an annoyance should tell you everything to know about todays' power creep.
Too many goddamn graveyard effects, it's a secind hand these days basically.

>> No.9719693

SDD is a classic for me. 7 Trials to Glory is the most close to the competetive meta experience because you are constantly playing around a small number of specific staple cards (BeWD, Mirror Force, Trap Hole, Reborn, etc).

Been playing Ultimate Masters on and off. It's a lot of fun how you get a themed deck right from the start. But some of the opponents are annoying and I got bored real quick. I started with Dark Duel Stories and Eternal Duelist Soul where you could password in all the best cards and start out with an extremely broken and powerful deck.

>> No.9720121
File: 58 KB, 454x600, 91293058_501474307191933_8326186049126531072_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9719647
One of the things that best exemplify how power creep is awful in Yu-Gi-Oh! is the ban list, we've seen it happen so often... cards that people look at in awe at how broken they are, thinking to themselves how Konami could possibly think that it was a good idea, and being 100% sure that it can never come back... and then it does, and it's not broken anymore.

Change of Heart.
Dark Hole.
Monster Reborn.
Pot of Greed.
Raigeki.

Out of all cards from the original "Power 5" in Yugi/Kaiba format, all are legal except Pot of Greed, because it's just too much of a generic +1 that everyone would run, and yes, while all other cards are essentially staples now that they're legal... none of them feel as devastating as before, even if they're all still excellent and staples that everyone runs.

Back then Raigeki would turn things 180º and now a player with a full board most likely has a few ways to negate it, or has monsters that aren't destroyed by effects anyway.

So many negations, so much protection, you have cards with paragraphs of text that are seen as awful because they do too little or have too litle protection or don't negate.

>> No.9720128
File: 148 KB, 623x414, yugioh.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9720121
>One of the things that best exemplify how power creep is awful in Yu-Gi-Oh! is the ban list
I knew I'd have reason to post this.

>> No.9720351

>>9720121
>>9719647
It shocked me when I heard that Raigeki became unbanned but moreso for Change of Heart. It was just way too good back in the old formats. Raigeki and Dark Hole can turn the tables in an instant, but Change of Heart can do that and let you use your opponent's ace monster against them with no cost. Yata Garasu became unlimited around that time as well iirc

I think the ones that effect a player's hand will remain banned, at least until the meta renders them obsolete. Delinquent Duo, Pot of Greed, Confiscation etc.

>> No.9720862 [DELETED] 

>>9716587
based

>> No.9720874

>>9719693
This guy made some pretty good videos on how to set up the starter decks in Ultimate Masters to make them work.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uElqKKj_j0Q

>> No.9720962
File: 467 KB, 1000x719, facedowndefenseposition.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I've only beaten Forbidden Memories and The Sacred Cards but have decided to get the rest them, at least up to the DS World Championship and PSP Tag Force Games. Looking forward to constructing decks that were around for the ban lists at the time.

Also Anzu/Tea is best gril in Yu-Gi-Oh!

>> No.9721057

>>9720121
I still don't get what's broken about these cards, there's plenty of counters yet nobody bats an eye and screams to ban these anyway

>> No.9721428

>>9704395
Same
She's the ideal woman i want

>> No.9721545
File: 332 KB, 827x1169, 1657926601991.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9720962
>Also Anzu/Tea is best gril in Yu-Gi-Oh!
I couldn't agree more.

>> No.9722040
File: 1.51 MB, 821x1200, R.8a0188dae29eb5a5200c6b185139503c.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9721057
Back in the day those cards were printed negating them entailed paying 4000 Life Points for Solemn Judgment.
These cards were so dominant that cards like picrel were printed to slow them down, failed, and they all ended up forbidden.
The fact that these cards are unlimited and AREN'T an automatic 3-of in every deck is proof that the game's power level right now is at an even more ridiculous state than it was in when these cards were originally legal.

>> No.9722084
File: 67 KB, 350x500, Last_Will.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9706849
It wasn't even me but my brother got otko so hard I decided then and there that vidya was the way to enjoy ygo
no reason to spend money on meta cards that aren't even cool looking

>> No.9723127

>>9716587
>I'm the only person to have ever written fanfiction about her
You can't just drop that and not give a link

>> No.9723153

>>9721545
This is amazing anon, do you know the artist name?

>> No.9723613
File: 1.66 MB, 2931x2012, 102071eccc1de6d8e367a5ab11434b4e.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9720962
Tea is pretty sex.

>> No.9723662
File: 1.37 MB, 1416x1080, GYFPA4_2023-03-08_05-22-15.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9718554
Nevermind, lol. Bonz was just harder than most enemies in the game. I just mix old monsters with new ones now and the campaign is going smoothly. Shot-out to a literal alien who is obnoxious to recruit.

>> No.9724383
File: 279 KB, 677x1063, 1659885366673803.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9720351
I mean, it Delinquent Duo and/or Confiscation ever come back... that'd just be a sign that it's too far gone really... seeing how so many of the cards I thought would never come out of the ban list are actually coming out and some people don't even play them, I mean, what happened to this card game? I barely recognize it anymore.

>>9721057
Well, I suppose context is key here, if you look into earlier Yu-Gi-Oh! formats, regardless if it's the OCG or TCG, these were the most dominant cards in the whole card game, by far, traps were usually weaker and also slower, while monsters mostly didn't have effects, so spells were the best cards, and these were the best spells.

>>9722040
I think you've summed it up better than I ever could, it's ridiculous how so many absurd cards are suddently just... not absurd anymore.

>>9716587
>>9723127
Sounds fun, I'd like a link too, if you feel comfortable with giving us one, of course, I don't want to insist of force it on you at all.

>>9723153
animahakim

>> No.9724538

>>9723662
Congrats, you got the hardest monster to obtain outside of the ones that require beating Joey's first and then going back to Yugi's

>> No.9725605

You guys are making me feel like finally playing Falsebound Kingdom again.

>> No.9725626
File: 44 KB, 427x600, 8468e66a29a3ebbe60d18644e5295725.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9721545
My wife Tea is very athletic!

>> No.9725791

>>9711132
kekeke

>> No.9725863

>>9719647
What had me baffled was the fact that the game is so fucked now that Heavy Storm is banned when it was always the fair version of Harpie's Feather Duster, which is now legal instead.

>> No.9726015

>>9725863
Blowing up your backrow is a good thing now.

>> No.9726029
File: 389 KB, 402x586, 1537075867845.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9726015
this
GY effects are a plague on modern Yugioh.
>If four Titty Tickler Bum Bum monsters are in your GY you can special summon "Nymber 45: Titty Tickler Bum Bum MAX" once per turn.
Attack: 4000 / Defense: 1000

>> No.9726067

>>9726029
Thankfully nobody but retards play modern yugioh.

>> No.9726075

>>9707512
>doesn't resemble the Konami TCG much
It came out in japan before the OCG was even established and used some weird stuff from the Bandai game. It just got localized years later.

>> No.9726091

>>9726029
Don't forget the most important parts
>(Quick Effect): If your opponent activates an effect, negate it and destroy the card, then you may special summon a level 4 or lower [archetype] from your deck
>If this card would leave the field, destroy 1 card on your opponent's field and special summon an [archetype] monster from your GY
>If this card is in the GY, special summon it during the next standby phase
>You can use each effect of Nymber 45: Titty Tickler Bum Bum MAX once per turn

>> No.9726225
File: 470 KB, 546x800, 1649405151818.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9725626
What do you like about your wife?

>> No.9726340

>>9724538
Man, having to replay whole campaigns in order to get a handful of monsters is such a bad design. You need to replay Kaiba's campaign too if you want Lava Battleguard.

>>9725605
I have a lot of fun playing it. I printed info about shops and hidden monsters though. The game would be worse without guides to me.

>> No.9727168
File: 45 KB, 466x658, images - 2023-03-02T150427.000.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I want to live in a world where being good at children's card games makes attractive woman desire you... why is real life always so much worse than fiction?

>> No.9727608
File: 1.19 MB, 1200x1600, 1661497145135006.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9727168
I'm with you bro. Don't forget the hot girls that play children's card games too.

>> No.9727775
File: 47 KB, 1258x871, エルザェム.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9723127
>>9724383
Well, actually, the reason I didn't post a link is because I wrote it as Japanese practice back when I was still pretty bad at Japanese.
The original version had an embarrassing amount of grammatical errors and my real-ass full name in it; I gave it a quick editing pass. It should be MOSTLY legible now as long as you're bilingual and familiar with the Japanese version of Yu-Gi-Oh GX. Double chevrons are furigana.
https://pastebin.com/8GL0WdyY

I had a lot of fun writing it back in the day, it gave me a huge amount of respect for the people who write duels for the show.
Planning out a duel for a story is really fucking hard. You have to keep track of not just how many cards are in each player's hand, but what they are, and that all the moves they make are rational and follow the rules of the game, AND you have to do all that while having what happens in the game represent something about the relationship between the two characters that are dueling.
I spent probably half the time writing this researching rule interactions and looking up cards that were available during the time period. When I finally came up with a legal combination of cards that led to the ending I wanted and discovered that it was an exact LP 0 win, I was fucking stoked.

If you really love Yu-Gi-Oh you should try writing your own duel at least once, it totally changed the way I watched the show.

>> No.9727983
File: 1.85 MB, 1971x2837, 1659829494837262.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9727608
>I'm with you bro. Don't forget the hot girls that play children's card games too.
Indeed, it's a dream, too bad that in real life most of the hot girls that play children's card games are just men that happened to be groomed at some point.

>> No.9728164

>>9727608
My first gf was a nerdy asian who played yugioh.

>> No.9728208

thanks anons for getting me back into these games!

>> No.9728212

>>9727983
flyover state post

>> No.9728291
File: 204 KB, 904x450, 1659822986967037.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9728208
>thanks anons for getting me back into these games!
I'm glad to hear, anon! Hope you're having a good time playing all of the classics this franchise has given us over the years. Cheers!

>> No.9728607

>>9728164
Did you fuck her?

>> No.9728629

>>9728607
Only when her boyfriend let me.

>> No.9728740

I want to play co-op tag duels with a friend. Which games let me do this?

>> No.9728758
File: 1.73 MB, 2840x2280, 1378817465552.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9728740
The Tag Force games I'd imagine.

>> No.9728779

>>9728758
What deck is she playing?

>> No.9728817
File: 596 KB, 1000x719, 1571222913162.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9728779
A fairy deck with Magician of Faith.

>> No.9729298

>>9728758
Is there a hack that'd let you do this?

>> No.9729468
File: 38 KB, 800x720, DM1 Blue-Eyes White Dragon - Acquired.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9728758
>>9728817
Tea is cute! CUTE!

Tea is also really fucking hot by the way. HOT!

>> No.9730009
File: 241 KB, 1364x2048, 259cf7acef4ef5b7a8aa3a7278fa100c.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9729468
Very fucking hot. The things I'd want to do to Tea.

>> No.9730370

>>9704630
I got a giant red seasnake for you, and it's in 3D!

>> No.9731661

>>9728758
>>9728817
>>9730009
The very pornographic image I saw on the Internet was a picture of Tea and Mai Valentine naked shoving their H-cup tits together and kissing. My life changed forever that day. I didn’t even realize that porn with actual people existed until a year or two later, I just exclusively jacked off to yu-gi-oh hentai.

>> No.9731694
File: 2.28 MB, 1282x1616, nostalgia.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

What video games would be best for going through all the popular formats such as Goat, Teledad, Edison, Plants, Dragon Rulers, etc.?

>>9731661
Pic related?

>> No.9732102
File: 140 KB, 850x1204, __mazaki_anzu_yu_gi_oh_and_1_more_drawn_by_rucchiifu__sample-6150888be8f9fd7224b291032ce29b81.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9730009
>The things I'd want to do to Tea.
Indeed... hopefully some high quality VR sex with manga/anime characters becomes a thing soon, I need it.

>> No.9732450
File: 1003 KB, 890x1590, 1651709165002.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9732102
Here's to hoping for the best, now imagine a threesome between Tea and DMG.

>> No.9732553
File: 79 KB, 640x625, ROD-VideoGameEN.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Was it any good?

>> No.9732719

>>9732553
This is the only Yugioh game I had as a kid and I got stuck on Rebecca Hawkins for a long ass time because her weakest monsters were 700 ATK and all but a handful of mine were weaker than that. I didn't figure out the elemental weaknesses and didn't understand why sometimes a monster would destroy one with a way higher ATK. That being said, I loved it.

>> No.9732731

>>9731661
Extremely Based.

>> No.9732739

>>9721545
>>9725626
>>9727608
>>9728758
>>9728817
>>9730009
New york people are so lucky

>> No.9732789

>>9732553
It’s good, but world wide edition is perfect

>> No.9733097
File: 46 KB, 640x512, 1676936570927228.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9732739
Joey is from New York not Tea ya dummy.

>> No.9733712
File: 721 KB, 848x1200, 1677792273140915.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9732553
>Was it any good?
It's much better than It's predecessor in terms of length and world building, but that annoying cursor, high prices for cards and overall emphasis on griding, even more than something like Forbidden Memories, and I find it to be a subpar experience.

>> No.9734016

>>9732553
>have to constantly backtrack to your house to restore your life points
>gain like 1 deck capacity per duel instead of 5, making it take forever to be able to fit better cards in your deck
>gain less money so it takes even more grind to buy cards
Nah, its hot garbage. the grind in this game is worse than FM's.
They took TSC and just made it worse in every possible way. RoD is one of the worst sequels in video game history.

>> No.9734303

>>9733712
tfw: no piss-bottle DMG GF.

>> No.9734824

>>9731694
I think I found it but I definitely can’t post it here. It was actually Tea and Alexis from GX and they were both naked with landing strips. I rubbed one out again for old time’s sake.

>> No.9734836

>>9732553
>>9733712
>>9734016
It’s worth a playthrough if you play it on an emulator with fast-forward capabilities and cheats to give you max duelist level so you don’t have to grind. I love the janky shit in that game like how you can purposely discard Ra phoenix mode to get a regular Ra on the field for free. I wish it was possible to get rid of the cursor shit in a ROM hack but I doubt it’s possible because it’s how the game checks for continuous effects.

>> No.9734897
File: 142 KB, 1024x976, 1676173824438283m.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9734836
I would've adored it even more than The Sacred Cards if it was more sensible in a few of its regards. I can handle grinding, afterall I love Forbidden Memories despite its difficulty spikes, but the fact that we have to deal with Deck Cost and Duelist Level, also the annoying cursor that makes duels feel like a drag, and LP nor restoring which forces you to go back home whenever possible to get them back to 8000, and it's just so cumbersome to play even though it does so much right, like its campaign, world, depth... everything. I'm playing through a patch called ReshefIsActuallyTolerableNow and its been a decent experience, it's what Reshef of Destruction should've been.

>> No.9735819

>>9732450
>now imagine a threesome between Tea and DMG
I could die a happy man.
I need this technology ASAP.

>> No.9735821

>>9704384
Yup. Basically any GBA rom I could get in the mid-00s along with Forbidden Memories. And some really rough online version with which we organized tournaments in a MSN Groups page following the Battle City arc model.
I think I've only completed Eternal Duelist Soul after going back to it many times over the years.
They were always fun to me but there was always a point where I felt like zombie going through the motions. Nowadays I hear people calling the old ruleset unbalanced but I'm just a simple-minded country boy who ain't know nothing bout that.

>> No.9736809
File: 30 KB, 450x594, 1657182665756.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I miss the Duel Monsters series that spanned from the Game Boy all the way to the Game Boy Advance, destroying a more powerful monster due to a type advantage, not having phases to worry about which made it flow so well, tributing my monsters and then using Dark Hole before summoning my new monster... all of the cards that were so much better than their OCG/TCG counterparts due to new effects, like Hourglass of Life and Goddess of Whim, or due to the removal of their effects, like Jirai Gumo and Dark Elf. I wish there were more of these to play with... I miss them, as janky as they were.

>> No.9737121
File: 104 KB, 281x301, 1658618590795383.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9734016
>Nah, its hot garbage. the grind in this game is worse than FM's.
Indeed, buying cards that are worth anything can take forever and, even if you manage to obtain a good one due to an opponent dropping it, or you buying it on the shop... you might not even be able to use it due to the Deck Cost and Duelist Level mechanics, so you have that excellent card in your collection and it just... stays there, you can't put it in your deck to help you out against the ridiculous difficulty spikes.
>They took TSC and just made it worse in every possible way.
It's a shame because some things are better than TSC, like a longer campaign, with tons of lore from the manga/anime, an attempt at making the whole thing less shallow by adding some challenge, there's a lot to like in RoD, but the grind, the permanent effects cursor and the deck building limitations just make the whole experience feel like a drag, which is a shame, a huge shame.

>> No.9737497

Téa is cute!

>> No.9737852
File: 1.10 MB, 779x1100, __mazaki_anzu_yu_gi_oh_and_1_more_drawn_by_nanase_nns_6077__fb3032945a0a7865b34f6027fc0e136c.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I think I've cracked the code on what's the ideal Forbidden Memories, considering only cards that you can get without PocketStation and/or have reasonable drop rates:

3x Meteor B. Dragon
3x Red-Eyes B. Dragon
3x Meteor Dragon
3x Blue-Eyes White Dragon
1x Metalzoa
3x Twin-Headed Thunder Dragon
3x Skull Knight
3x Raigeki
3x Megamorph
3x Bright Castle
3x Dragon Treasure
3x Beast Fangs
3x Dark Energy
3x Widespread Ruin

What do you all think? Any ideas on how to make it better without any PocketStation cards?

>>9737497
Tea is probably my 1st waifu.

>> No.9738016

>>9737852
How is this going to win against Exodia decks that keep fusing Swords of Revealing Lights every three turns until they have the Exodia?

>> No.9738385
File: 225 KB, 675x1200, 1657999709334.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9738016
Well, if we count cards that can only be acquired through mods, cheats and/or PocketStation, then I suppose stalling for Exodia becomes a good strategy aswell, though it wouldn't win every single time, because it could simply not draw the right cards quick enough before a more aggressive deck finishes it off.

>> No.9738416
File: 34 KB, 598x529, Crying Anakin.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Just discovered PAL version of Falsebound Kingdom has much slower animations than NTSC-U one... I'm in the middle of the third campaign

>> No.9738510

>>9737852
I remember playing Forbidden Memories as a kid and thinking it was impossible. After obtaining at least one strong monster me and a friend used the memory card exploit to get 3 copies and the rest of the game just kind of fell in line.

>> No.9738594

>>9738416
Get a load of the baby that doesn't know how to convert a PAL to NTSC save file.

>> No.9739594
File: 15 KB, 394x333, 1658351489745.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9738510
I know this does qualify as cheating, but FM feels like quite the cheating bastard a lot of the time too, and honestly with huge difficulty spikes and low drop rates, I can't condemn anyone who used or still uses this still, playsets are key for consistency.

>> No.9739609

>>9739594
>FM feels like quite the cheating bastard
I mean, it literally is a cheating bastard. Every CPU has their entire 40 card deck in hand and RNG decides what they play. For example if you use a cheat to view their hand, you'll see something like Millennium Shield turn into Meteor B Dragon when it gets placed on the field.

>> No.9740119
File: 37 KB, 448x336, 1676163237327832.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9739609
Indeed, the CPU is cheating 100% and nowadays I finally understand how Seto 3rd always seems to have 3x BEUD in a row. I managed to beat it legit, without duplication, a couple of times, and it was rewarding, but I can't say I recommend it... my goal now is to complete it 100%* legit, with all 689 cards you can get in the library unlocked.

>> No.9740440

>>9738594
How is it done?

>> No.9740528

>>9740440
You tell me.

>> No.9740825

>>9738016
If you are referring to the CPU doing this, it's very rare for them to get Exodia and when they do, there wasn't anything you could do about it since they don't actually have decks.

>> No.9741695

>>9740825
I think this sums it all up, the best strategy is still to go full aggro with your strongest monsters and fusions while buffing them up with equips.

>> No.9741730
File: 104 KB, 300x297, MC-VideoGameJP[1].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

how the FUCK is there still no translation patch for this game

>> No.9742419
File: 91 KB, 1024x489, 1678586786236423m.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9741730
I wish Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monters 2: Dark Duel Stories for GBC would get a translation just like its predecessor, hopefully one day it happens.

>> No.9742721

>>9741730
>>9742419
working on it. I already started on the readme.txt

>> No.9742854
File: 116 KB, 864x1233, 049740d40264f7709bd9e341be27e33d.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9742721
I don't know what to say, that's fantastic news! Thank you very much for your work.

>> No.9742943
File: 254 KB, 532x475, 1677688922256177.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9732719
Rebecca in RoD is the definition of a begginer's trap if I ever saw one, hated it the 1st time I played through that.

>> No.9744029

>>9742721
>I already started on the readme.txt
I mean, everything's got to start somewhere.