[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 50 KB, 404x500, 51322BW45GL.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9654139 No.9654139 [Reply] [Original]

Any tips on getting better at this game?

>> No.9654239

>>9654139
- Starve your enemy.
- Acquire the control of the sky level. Air superiority is a must, so focus your attacks on the solar panels and the "hangar" strucutres. (You may built solar panels on the ground level)
- The artillery and the slow self-propelled turrets are useful in the underground level. Moreover, a good turtle strategy in the underground level is a good choice given that your main structures are immune from the mechas and the bombers.
- During the first minutes of your game, focus on the "cutting" weapons for your mechas in order to gain free components during the battles. (Axe is better)
- Learn the pattern of the concealment component.
- The Adversary AI isn't so refined, so you may use a good ol' quick getaway strategy with quick attacks and even quick retreats (focus on the lava pools.)

>> No.9654242

Didn't you just post this thread?

>> No.9654254

>>9654239
in regards to the sky layer, i have two questions, 1. is it worth investing in solar panels? i get the idea of using them but in practice im not sure theyre worth the return on the investment compared to building more hover cars to get lava.

2. when attacking the enemy asteroid, do you prefer building jets or flight combots? I feel like flight combots are a better option. maybe 1 melee one and 1 ranged one. i see everyone online launch raids with jets but they lose a lot, when i launch 2 or 3 combots to an asteroid at once i rarely lose a single one and can move on to the next one fast and sweep the entire sky that way.

in regards to the axe, i know milagro has high energy defense, if you play as rimtech, is it worth upgrading to the energy sword? the energy sword IS an upgrade from the katana, but it mainly does energy damage so on paper would that be paying more to do less? it should be a cut and dry question, but sometimes in battle it can be hard to see whats actually more effective. when i play against milagro i never use the energy sword.

>> No.9654264

>>9654254
Yes. Solar panels is a must: free energy and you don't have to focus on the lava pools.
I prefer the combot strategy in order to control the sky, given that I prefer use the bombers on the ground level, taking advantage of the not-defended place of the adversary base.

About the katana/energetic katana, I don't remember well, but probably the difference is very small between the two weapons.

>> No.9654298

>>9654264
the wiki says that a hovertruck costs 140 and can extract 3 MJ per second, and a solar panel cost 150 MJ but only collects 1 mj per second on an asteroid and 1.3 if its also in a defense grid. doesnt that just mean youre paying more for less? my thinking is that 10 solar panels would be around the cost of a combot early in a match, and unless it became a protracted 2 or 3 hour fight, wouldnt putting the MJ into hovertrucks and things you could fight with? i feel like i may be missing something. Is the choice of going for solar panels dependent on a map that doesnt have many resources or something?

>> No.9654413

gonna go to sleep, i was messing around and remembered turrets get a 60/60 def bonus inside of a defense ring, thats fucking ridiculous. i always forget about that. game has a lot of easy to miss stuff like that.