[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 159 KB, 357x500, Resident_Evil_Remake-_North-american_cover.jpg.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9616634 No.9616634 [Reply] [Original]

>horrendous dog fights
>horrendous Crimson Head mechanic and the whole burning enemies bullshit
>inventory constraints and backtracking are MUCH, MUCH worse
>pointless additions to the story like the Lisa bullshit
>the absolutely pointless decision to make one of the most used doors in the game so that it can only be opened twice
>shit new puzzles
One of the worst remakes ever made. 3/10.

>> No.9616635

yeah but jill's ass

>> No.9616654

>>9616634
>horrendous dog fights
Yeah zombies can't pilot jets worth a damn.

>> No.9616657

Filtered

>> No.9616663

>>9616634
People are still gonna give it a pass now and forever because "MUH PRETTY GRAFIX"

>> No.9616692

>>9616634
Madness and shitposting. Pure filtration achieved.

>> No.9616723

>>9616634
People are still gonna give it a pass now and forever just because it improves upon the original in every meaningful way while adding actual challenge to the game with the new modes.

>> No.9616756

>>9616723
>improves
>implying any of the points OP brought are improvements

Just because you enjoy its shitty mechanics doesn't make them improvements.

>> No.9616780

>>9616723
>it improves upon the original in every meaningful way
You are now forced to obtain the sword key as Jill, reducing exploration options.
The keys are now obtained in a set order, meaning that sequence breaking and seeing unique scenes is no longer possible.
Rebecca only appears with Richard, which was a hidden event in the original game.
When fighting against Yawn, in the original 3 events could occur dependent on the choices the player made throughout the game. You either have to get the antidote yourself, play a sequence as the partner character, or are carried by the partner character. Only the first event occurs in the remake due to the complete removal of all choices.
The true opening of the game is changed and made nonsensical. In the original, the player would be left in the main hall after the first encounter with any door to choose from. In the remake, all of the paths are locked or are immediate dead ends, with the only actual path being a linear straight line to get a crossbow, filled with constant tutorializing the original never had (in addition to the remake still having Barry say he'd be searching over there, which he isn't).
All optional rooms from the original are made mandatory with the exception of the aquarium office, but that contains the crest that unlocks the magnum so it is basically not optional.
Getting the crank is turned from a couple seconds of stair pushing to a walk down a straight forest path (which makes no sense as the reason they don't leave the mansion is because of the dogs, and dogs never spawn here). You go through two "puzzles" that essentially solve themselves with how braindead they are, and it concludes with the laughable first Lisa encounter, where she knocks you out and then does... nothing before fighting you when you wake up.
The Guardhouse is turned into a straight line with zero exploration despite that area being the most open to expansions given its size in the original concepts.

>> No.9616793

>>9616723
The only way it improves upon the original is the graphics and sound, but that's the minimum you'd expect. However, it's not even the bare minimum.

The controls are worse. The characters feel stiffer, the shooting is worse and less fluid. It's ridiculous.

>> No.9616797

>>9616780
>walk down a straight forest path
This part always baffled me too. That was a prime opportunity to add some neat stuff but it's just a long, boring empty path. There's 1 zombie on the first trip and a couple more when you have to backtrack all the way from the cabin to the main hall, which was another retarded decision but that's a different topic, but none of them are even placed so they can really obstruct you. Would have been a perfect place for another dog ambush or even something completely unseen from the scrapped RE1 material.

>> No.9616803

>>9616723
>>9616780
The process of getting anything done in Neptune's room is extended to the point of annoyance, turning a relatively short sequence into a several minutes long one of running around in a very dull and very empty environment, complete with a return trip if you want to use the V-Jolt. You also lose the box pushing path for seemingly no reason other than to force the player to use the other door for equally little reason.
The library in the mansion is reduced from 3 rooms, one hidden and one hosting a puzzle, complete with their own files and unique environments, into a more generic library to be a boss arena for a far easier Yawn boss fight. None of the elements of the original library are replicated.
The Yawn boss room is turned into an incredibly simple pushing puzzle where going through the grave is now mandatory, instead of being optional.
The hunters are less of a threat since the game adds shortcuts that reduces their presence in route planning immeasurably.
The caves are expanded but nothing interesting is added, just another box pushing puzzle.
The "lore" surrounding Lisa is the BOW equivalent of a Mary Sue, where she's incredibly special and important to every advancement Birkin made and is also partly immortal.
The caves not leading right into the lab results in several minutes of time wasting where the player runs through pretty much entirely empty hallways in a straight line back to the main hall.
The MO Disk Hunt only starting in the lab reduces any interesting exploration for the player, effectively making them not think about the future by removing any items that will be used in the future.
The lab puzzles are pretty much the same, just with extra steps, while the lab itself has zero expansions whatsoever beyond literal walking towards the end.
The game removes all past unlockables from RE1 and replaces them, meaning no original costumes, weapons, or modes. This means no Battle Game or Advanced Mode.
It sucks.

>> No.9616849

RE1 has planes?

>> No.9616947

>>9616634
>dumb complainy text wall
>doesn't even mention the only objective flaw which is the retarded door loading times which aren't even real loading times

>> No.9617014

>>9616947
They are real loading times on GCN. In the remaster, they're also loading times because the remaster is shit and has slowdown on the fucking modern ports.
They should've put in a door skip option on the PC version though, like with the older ports.

>> No.9617364

>>9616635
>Jill’s ass
This is why I play it

>> No.9617703

>>9616634
i will never not love how filtered zoomers are by classic RE
from the tank controls to the inventory management, to the game just leaving you to your own devices, it is the antithesis to everything they know and enjoy

>> No.9618148

>>9616756
>points
Saying something is horrendous or pointless over and over with no explanation is not making "points"

>> No.9618258

>>9616803
mostly good points other than
>You also lose the box pushing path for seemingly no reason
other than the levitating boxes in the original not making much sense?

>> No.9618637

>>9616634
You struggled, we get it. It's one of the best games of all time.

>> No.9618648

>>9616635
Fpbp

>> No.9618856

>>9616634
Unironically everything you are whining about is a skill issue. Crying about back tracking and crimson heads, it's like your brain gave up when you realized it was a puzzle to route your own path around the map and decide which zombies get killed and which corpses get burned, here's a fucking hint retard: you can leave enemies alive in rooms and halls you don't need anymore.

>> No.9618935

>>9616803
>The MO Disk Hunt only starting in the lab reduces any interesting exploration for the player, effectively making them not think about the future by removing any items that will be used in the future.
The first MO Disk is in the mansion during your second visit.

>> No.9618964

>>9617703
They're not used to having to think or overcome an actual challenge, they'd rather watch a playthrough on youtube than do it themselves.

>> No.9618990
File: 70 KB, 800x675, 1652583798675.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9617703
I know and enjoy good control

>> No.9618991

>>9616634
>Zoomie can't play difficult games
KWAB

>> No.9619369

>>9618990
Tank controls are not only good for some things, they are optimal for fixed camera survival horror.

>> No.9619413

>>9616635
>>9617364
>>9618637
these
KYS OP

>> No.9619427

Why is australia-kun so obsessed with bait?

>> No.9619464

>>9618258
Who cares about le realism, it's just shit design to force the player to backtrack through a bunch of empty boring rooms instead of the straightforward path the original game had. And if realism really was a big concern, put an emergency walkway or something there that requires a puzzle or item to activate instead of the crates. God knows there's enough retarded block pushing "puzzles" in the game already.

>> No.9619495
File: 2.70 MB, 772x1854, 1669860810853079.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Lol at people saying the graphics are better. It literally ruined the artstyle sucking out all color making each area far less distinctive and changing the tone from uncanny contemporary mansion into gothic haunted house parody to the point they even added a goddamn graveyard despite how recent the mansion is supposed to be

Don't even get me started on the Lisa shit. This game is a fucking joke that takes a dump on the legacy of the original game.

>> No.9619587

>>9619495
>NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO YOU CAN’T LIKE THE REMAKE, IT HAS LIT CANDLES!!!!!!!!!!

>> No.9619652

>>9619495
>bitching about the graveyard
They added the graveyard because there was a rumor back in the PS1 days that you could go outside the mansion if you found a secret key

>> No.9619747
File: 2.72 MB, 960x720, REmake dumbies.webm [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

zombies and hunters show off more than they actually harm

>> No.9619879

So it seems like the current meta is saying REmake is dogshit and only RE1 was ever good. Personally I think i time the meta will shift to saying only true fans play the Saturn port though the DS port might also be obscure enough to also claim as the only version worth playing. Personally I think shilling the Saturn version early before it becomes the new correct opinion of being the only good version is the best play.

>> No.9619883

>>9616634
Literally the only resident evil game worth playing, stay circumcised champ.

>> No.9619915

Bait, but non-zero possibility that this zoomer is just retarded.

>> No.9619939

fixed camera is dumb. I actually don't mind the tank controls. You get used to it. But fuck this fixed camera bullshit

>> No.9619941

>>9616634
getting rid of the ending track really sucks, highlight of the original was that upbeat track after going through hell.

>> No.9619960

I like both. I prefer the original, but REmake is a fun companion piece to it at least.
A big factor for me is that REmake does change the art direction from being more grounded to being a lot more over the top spooky, like >>9619495 these pictures kind of display.
I also really didn't like Lisa and her gameplay or story impact at all. I preferred RE1 being more about a huge fuck-up in the lab that leaked a virus and a crooked cop/mole in the police force who's trying to steal some industry secrets.

>> No.9619967

>>9619747
>dumbie

Lol anon, pls.

>> No.9619974

>>9616634

Even with GameShark and infinite health this game is a pain in the ass

>> No.9619993

while the minigame surrounding them was tedious I think the crimson heads provided a needed shot in the arm to the game threatwise, in the original there really wasn't much to phase you besides the bosses and hunters at the end of the game.

>> No.9620003

>>9616634
I've always found this cover to be funny. Doesn't it look like Jill is pinning the zombie up against a wall, rather than the zombie attacking her?
>God I wish that were me

>> No.9620020
File: 54 KB, 636x299, 1643237235320.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9616654
Héhé.

>> No.9620027

>>9620003
kek

>> No.9620092

>>9619939
Retard

>> No.9620094

>>9619993
Crimson Heads are a neat idea but the implementation is really sloppy. They're really only a factor in the first act of the game and practically vanish once you go to the garden. They also cut a bunch of Hunters and left zombies in place during the return trip for some reason.

>> No.9620362

>>9620092
shut up

>> No.9621992

>>9616634
Resident Evil was always overrated. Especially nowadays.

>> No.9623008

>>9619495
Where can I get a rip of the backgrounds for the games? I'm kinda thinking of using them to practice with Blender or something.

>> No.9623074

>>9616634
I actually prefer the remake over the original. I got good at it too, so I got nothing to complain about.

>> No.9623974

>>9616723
>while adding actual challenge

map tells you which rooms have unpicked items and you have defensive items that automatically negate damage to you

fuck off retard

>> No.9623981

>>9616634
>horrendous dog fights
Liar, there's no fighter planes in this game

>> No.9623992

I love seeing people bitch about REmake because almost all of their arguments boil down to
>This game sucks because I know have to think when playing it.
The original game was made for retards especially if you play as Jill. Originally, Jill didn't even use ink ribbons. This is why real survivor horror is dead. Everyone says they want it until you get a game where you can't brute force yourself to the ene, so you bi5ch about it.

>> No.9624004

>>9623992
>Originally, Jill didn't even use ink ribbons
fake and gay

>> No.9624005

>>9623974
And RE1's shotgun can clear rooms in a single fucking blast while the shotgun in REmake can barely blow up one head. There is no fucking challenge in RE1 and if you honestly thing REmake is easier, you are a fucking retard.

>> No.9624019

>>9624004
>RE1 fan doesn't know shit about the game they're defending
Fucking lol. Capcom made the US version of RE1 harder to counter rental. The original Japanese release didn't have Jill use ink and had auto aim, another thing removed from the original US release.

>> No.9624021

>>9624019
do I look fucking japanese to you

retard

>> No.9624036

>>9624021
No, you look like a fucking retard.

>> No.9624095
File: 272 KB, 1920x974, ribbon.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9623992
>Originally, Jill didn't even use ink ribbons
Only in the Mediakite PC release for some odd reason. She still needs them in the actual Playstation Biohazard.

>> No.9624772

>>9624095
Perhaps they wanted to further double down on her campaign being the "Easy Mode"?

>> No.9624808

>horrendous pointless horrendous pointless
i can watch a comparison video on youtube too, 12 year old larpers. everyone knew it was better in 2001. but no it's bad because the neptune room is more than a wet hallway. lmao.

>> No.9624819

the only actual blunder in the remake is chris no longer laughs at tyrant. i guess cause they thought they had made him -ACTUALLY SCARY- now which is only like 10% true.

>> No.9624828

>>9616634
>survival horror true scotsman hates enemies that can kill him
>survival horror true scotsman hates more dangerous zombies
>survival horror true scotsman hates limited inventory
>survival horror true scotsman hates lore beyond le itchy tasty
>survival horror true scotsman hates minor challenge that can easily be avoided by using the upper floor doors
>survival horror true sctosman still can't deal with baby easy resident evil puzzles
tune in next time for the next thrilling episode of 'true scotsman retard actually just hates everything about scotland besides his childhood memory of being there'

>> No.9624838

>>9616803
things that add challenge and depth are uggh just annoying ok!!
but how dare they make the hunters ever so slightly easier

>> No.9624981

>>9619747
yeah those sure are zombies in a resident evil game. i can consistently get three headshots with one shotgun shell in classic 2 and 3. you just don't actually like resident evil and it only comes out for the ones you don't have nostalgia for.

>> No.9625194

>>9624838
>Challenge and depth
Neptune's room is just as easy as the original, it just takes longer. You have a greater chance of dying to Neptune in the original than you do in the remake if anything, and the time limit is absurdly long for the relatively short process you have to go through. I say relatively, because it's still a minute long process with how many text lines you have to go through.
And the hunters aren't "ever so slightly easier", they removed a whole aspect of their design, which is that when their health was low, they had a chance for an instant kill at Fine, among other things like making them way slower to slash and just far less intimidating to come across. REmake probably has the lamest iteration of the hunters outside of maybe Dead Aim's.

>> No.9625198

>>9624828
>tune in next time for the next thrilling episode of 'true scotsman retard actually just hates everything about scotland besides his childhood memory of being there'
so literally every thread on this board?

>> No.9625240

>>9625194
no you don't. the regular ass remake sharks in the room outside neptune's room have just as great a chance of killing you than ps1's neptune. in that it's all ps1 neptune even is. you just don't like that whole puzzle segment i guess. boo hoo it's more than just running from a shark in a wet hallway. so baffling how anyone could possibly prefer it this way.

also this is just from memory but i recall being decapitated by hunters at full health in the remake, at least on normal. they just have to do that jump lunge.

>> No.9625262

>>9625240
>so baffling how anyone could possibly prefer it this way.
The point is that the additions in the remake are more time wasters than anything. The process of draining the water is only slightly more thought provoking than the one in the original, in that you need to press more buttons. It ends up just dragging the game to a halt while you're down there, as you're just running around here for like 10 minutes to get one fucking key, and the route is so long and arbitrary that I don't want to be bothered with making the V-Jolt later on as I have to go fucking around back there.
>also this is just from memory but i recall being decapitated by hunters at full health in the remake, at least on normal. they just have to do that jump lunge.
Your memory is pretty bad since they don't decap in the remake (another baffling change). They do that if you're on the lower end of fine maybe, but in RE1, the decap move was a constant source of tension and would force you to run in and out of the same room to get an angle on how many hunters are there and formulate a plan around them. The remake fucks this by making their animations extremely slow (this is true for all enemies except crimson heads and some bosses).

>> No.9625265

>>9616634
Lisa bullshit was stupid but crimson heads were great. All the remakes should have had them
It's okay. Exceedingly pretty.

>> No.9625268

Resident Evil was Never Good

>> No.9625285

>>9625262
yeah the game le dragged to a halt as i felt like the room was about to be flooded with a giant evil shark flopping around at any moment. same for that part where i instantly get chomped if i don't kill it in the exact perfect way with a generator. how dare i feel tense in a horror game. just running from one small shark in a wet hallway is so le better. the remake really sucks because you have to think when playing it.

>> No.9625290

>>9625262
https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x8ge0a hmmm, suspicious

>> No.9625312

>>9625285
>room was about to be flooded with a giant evil shark flopping around at any moment.
I couldn't feel much tension when it had a percentage at the top of the screen letting me know I was doing just fine, and on replays it's just an annoying section.
>same for that part where i instantly get chomped if i don't kill it in the exact perfect way with a generator.
The bit that the game projects at you so hard that it may as well just have Chris or Jill go "Water? Electricity? I got an idea."
>just running from one small shark in a wet hallway is so le better.
It's actually two, and then a third bigger one, and the point of tension comes from one of those doors at the end being locked. It's a very simple way to create a brief burst of tension, especially since to a new player, one of the sharks would easily get you into a bite animation, and on replays, they're easy to game and avoid.
>because you have to think when playing it
Smart game for smart gamers, huh? You don't, you just press the buttons, the most thinking you do is connect point a to point b, or remember which valve of two a file told you to use. Asinine.
>>9625290
That's pre-release footage. Maybe if you didn't go to the third page of results you'd know this.

>> No.9625326

>>9625194
It's been awhile, but I remember Hunters in the original game could sometimes tank a magnum round with just a minor flinch and retaliate with a decap before you could get a second shot off if you were too close. I think the one outside the Tiger room got me like that once.
I definitely know you can knock them flat on their ass with the shotgun and they'll sometimes launch into their instakill the instant they get back up. They've caught me that way a couple times when I got lazy and complacent.

>> No.9625336

>>9625312
>I couldn't feel much tension when it had a percentage at the top of the screen letting me know I was doing just fine, and on replays it's just an annoying section.
yeah how am i supposed to be scared of dying when i have a health indicator telling me i'm doing just fine? fuck off. this isn't an issue. just not a thing in muh precious wet hallway.
>The bit that the game projects at you so hard that it may as well just have Chris or Jill go "Water? Electricity? I got an idea."
please point to the brilliant puzzles in the ps1 version that contrast this
>actually two, and then a third bigger one, and the point of tension comes from one of those doors at the end being locked. It's a very simple way to create a brief burst of tension, especially since to a new player, one of the sharks would easily get you into a bite animation, and on replays, they're easy to game and avoid.
yeah and the remake also has those two. and a fucking huge one that can instantly kill you. in fact it has this entire muh precious wet hallway section. the puzzle comes after.
>you just press buttons! unlike pressing less buttons!
so the fuck what? pointing out the differences shown to you in the comparison youtube video doesn't make it a flaw in the latter.

i guess i have to concede the decapitation thing but i CLEARLY remember it. point is you're still just unconvincingly saying its bad cause they made the hunters slightly easier because um um they only MOSTLY kill you instead of all the way! again who the fuck cares?

>> No.9625347

>you just do the exact same thing in cringe newer game! unlike doing the exact same thing in based older game!
think i just summed up the next tidal wave of replies from the 12 year olds.

>> No.9625358

>>9625336
>this isn't an issue
I think you're missing my point in that it's not that scary and it's not that interesting to actually play and feels like a grand waste of time compared to the relatively simple rendition in the original.
>please point to the brilliant puzzles in the ps1 version that contrast this
Puzzles don't need to be brilliant, they just need to make the player feel kind of smart for figuring out a solution, and I wouldn't call anything in REmake or 1 "smart". I think 1 is smarter in some areas where REmake is less smart (portrait puzzle, any of the box pushing puzzles (literal busywork is the sendoff for that in REmake, whereas in 1 it's an actual series of slight adjustments to ensure you don't set off poison gas and reset everything)).
>yeah and the remake also has those two. and a fucking huge one that can instantly kill you.
But that one is on a time limit that only goes off if you wait almost a whole minute or something absurd and it has this cheesy as hell wannabe Jaws ambience in the back to let you know to get going. I appreciate that bit of the Aqua Rings design, but my point was that it wasn't just "one shark" (questioning if you've even played the original).
>muh precious wet hallway
I don't think it's sacred, it could be improved. Dragging it out and making it two needless floors isn't that, it should be a quick section because you have to go back there for the V-Jolt, and all that running around feels needless when you do that.
>doesn't make it a flaw in the latter
I never said it was, I just thought that acting like REmake was a game for intellectuals was fucking stupid. This isn't Silent "Requires knowledge of 5 Shakespeare works" Hill or even on the level of some of the stuff in 3, CV, and Zero. Both 1 and REmake are very basic in puzzle design, REmake just makes you fuck around more.
And Hunters are nerfed, and their decaps cut because Mikami didn't want to make a slasher game or whatever.

>> No.9625373

>>9625358
please point to the part in re1 that's so much scarier than neptune in the remake
>But that one is on a time limit
you're forgetting the remake version of muh precious hallway before the pressure puzzle room with it along with the other sharks. i now le question if you've played le remake smugsmugsmug yeah ok i didn't watch the youtube video that inspired op fuck me i guess.

>> No.9625379

>actually, the best survival horror game ever made is shit

>> No.9625393

>>9625379
um well they made jill's boot stomp sound effects more complicated haha fuckin checkmate! remakes aren't supposed to remake anything!

>> No.9625407

>>9625347
cool guess your job is done and you can go back to redd*t now. thanks.

>> No.9625409

>>9625373
RE1 is never really scary, it's about tension building, same with REmake. I think the Neptune flood scenario is good at that, but it's the kind of scenario that shouldn't be in an RE game or should be avoidable, as you're expected to replay these games.
Comparatively, the PSX version has the brief FMV and the smaller sharks that can latch onto you, in addition to the two door choice at the end of the hall, one being locked, the other unlocked. It's small, but these elements serve the tension building fine.
The rest of your post is this weird schizophrenic rambling where you think I said you didn't play the remake or something? And that I'm OP? I mean, OP is probably just aping one of my lengthier posts from 5 years ago, like that copypasta that gets posted a lot in REmake vs RE1 threads, but he's not me. I think REmake is an alright game, just weaker as a game than 1, with a lot of its additions and changes feeling needless in that respect.

>> No.9625412
File: 26 KB, 640x480, jill kick.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9625312
>That's pre-release footage.
There's some weird and interesting stuff in the pre-release REmake material still floating around. There's footage of a "laser gun" that was made for testing particle effects, but it also looks like they were experimenting with RE4-style free aiming based on how much freedom of movement the beam had.

>> No.9625417

>>9625409
schizophrenic rambling like thinking anyone gives a fuck about anonymous words you said five years ago
>>9625412
i can't fucking believe jill didn't get the roundhouse kick

>> No.9625439

>>9625417
Considering I see people still posting it and it has like 80 results in the archive (that doesn't even go back all the way), I'd say some autists care.

>> No.9625451

>>9625409
>re1 is about tension building
>the neptune flood is good at that
>it doesn't belong in re1
have one of your personalities tell me more about schizophrenia
>Comparatively, the PSX version has the brief FMV and the smaller sharks that can latch onto you, in addition to the two door choice at the end of the hall, one being locked, the other unlocked. It's small, but these elements serve the tension building fine.
yeah this exact same fucking thing is in the remake. the part of my post that you're so confused by is making fun of the fact that you are physically incapable of remembering this while trying to imply i haven't played the first one because i don't remember its middling ass perfectly. my real bias is probably having played 2 first.
>>9625439
wow good you've become a cancer

>> No.9625454
File: 2.80 MB, 320x240, remake teaser.webm [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9625412
I thought I had a webm of the laser thing but I guess not. This is another interesting clip else someone salvaged from an archive of Capcom's original Remake page on here a couple years ago.

>> No.9625461

>>9625451
You missed the bit where I explain how it doesn't work with the more lasting element of RE, which is the replayability. It's a microcosm of a similar issue in games like 7, where there's too many "setpiece" events, though REmake's is far more tolerable. It still should've been either avoidable or just not present and the entire Neptune area should've been far smaller given you have to run through there again for V-Jolt.
>yeah this exact same fucking thing is in the remake.
You spend the rest of my post calling me incapable, but you don't actually get it. The scenario given in RE1 is short and to the point, it lasts all of 30 seconds (and shorter on a return playthrough), and does its job of giving the player a spike in tension.
And I guess you could call it a cancer.

>> No.9625464

>>9625454
i wonder if the idea 4 went with started here with having to manually get a headshot with a laser sight then going to kick while they stagger from it

>> No.9625467

>>9625461
yeah and the point is a wet hallway with a couple small sharks in it is uninteresting to everyone besides autistic speedrunners who look up their own old 4chan posts

>> No.9625471

>>9625467
I don't know why you're so upset.

>> No.9625479

>>9625471
yes your imaginary friend version of me is very angry! you can now add to the list of won arguments.

>> No.9625484

>>9625479
You literally made me into a strawman with your first post here, and everything after that has been you throwing insults at rather dry posts or casual banter. You sound unhinged.
I hope you seek help.

>> No.9625487

>>9625484
you're just fun to make fun of

>> No.9625490
File: 2.79 MB, 320x240, remake laser.webm [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9625412
>>9625454
Found it.

>> No.9625516

>>9625490
i see why they would take full-on manual aiming out but they really should've put slightly more thought into the autoaim-at-zombie-playing-dead system they replaced it with (wow something actually worse about the remake).

>> No.9625575

>>9625516
Yeah I was never really crazy about that either. Hard to believe it went completely unchanged for the entire run of fixed camera games. I always thought it should work more like an assist and give a gentle nudge to line things up if you were aiming at an enemy but not quite on target. Not so much instantly snapping you 180 degrees to lock onto the enemy behind you.

>> No.9625589

>>9625575
2 and 3 already had barebones but generous autoaim and it seems they fucked around too hard changing it since it looked stupid getting headshots aiming next to ears. if you ask me they should've just left it untouched from 3 and let me shove zombies.