[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 210 KB, 1024x768, standard.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
950018 No.950018 [Reply] [Original]

so what's the consenus on the original saturn controller's shoulder pads?
i've heard some people say they're responsive and feel good or acceptable but mine don't feel good at all

i'm not sure if it's because the controller might have damage i've not noticed as i got it free when my cousin moved to a different country and gave me all his consoles

i had to open up the controller to fix the cord that was broken so maybe this has had some effect, personally i prefer the shoulder buttons of the snes playstation and even xbox as they give me no problems but i'd like to see what you guys think

>> No.952617

Top tier

>> No.952664

>>952617
so you think there are absolutely no flaws with it, or if there are they are greatly outweighed by the positives or is this an oppinion you hold and can't explain? just saying top tier doesn't answer my question

>> No.952895

I had a Saturn a while back with the original controller. It didn't feel comfortable and felt like cheap plastic.

>> No.952925

I only recently got a Saturn (maybe a little less than a year ago) and it came with the newer genesis styled controllers they feel amazing I always thought the original controllers looked uncomfortable.

>> No.953609

To me the original controller is kinda better than the second one. BUT it's very fragile and breaks very easily, and the pads specifically you can just count on them breaking. So it's not very reliable.

>> No.953756

>>950018
The shoulder pads are decent, the big problem is the godawful d-pad.

>> No.953758

>>953756
huh, i kinda liked it, it was a weird design but it was functional enough and didn't hurt to use or anything, what did you dislike about it?

>> No.956683

I liked it quite a bit until I got the model 2/Japan Style controller now there's no going back. I really hate using the 3D controller for anything other than NiGHTS.