[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 3 KB, 256x224, title.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
943837 No.943837 [Reply] [Original]

I've not beaten this game....but I'm wondering if I should continue. So far, I enjoy the surreal atmosphere of the game. I just got to Magnificant.
I'm not sure exactly where I should be, or where to go though.
Is this game worth playing all the way through?

>> No.943841

only you can answer that question

>> No.943843

>>943837
I'd say go for it. The game gets more open as it goes on, and also more sad. Expect the huge amount of grinding you've had to do until now to keep up all the way to the end of the game though, so it's understandable if you give up at some point.

>> No.943847

Play the GBA version with Tomato's translation.

>> No.944023

Keep going, don't rush yourself and immerse into the game. If you feel tired stop for a little while, play something else, then go back to it when you feel like it.
I finished it in about 2 or 3 months max, was hooked especially toward the end.

>> No.944468

>>943847
thats the same game...

the GBA mother 1+2 is earthbound zero + mother 2 because what was suppose to be the american release was a patched and tweaked version of what japan had.

so keep playing the rom!

stock up full on healing items when you get to the end because its a long climb to the top of the mountain. Also, keep playing as it will answer a lot a question (and this game has many since the story is so vague). It also helps explain earthbound/mother 2's storyline better as well.

>> No.944472

>>944468
also, very sad ending indeed. Won't spoil it, just go finish it.

>> No.944503

>>944468
No, the GBA version was never translated into english. There is a fan hack (made by tomato, who also translated mother 3) which is better than the original in every regard.

- Much tighter translation
- Undone censoring
- All of the american level layouts instead of the bullshit jap ones
- Optional 'easy ring' item for casuals like me

>> No.944516

>>944503
Not to mention the non grid-based movement and the generally quicker battles really make a difference.

That's up to you though OP, it shouldn't take too long to get to that point in the GBA version if you pick it up.

>> No.945814

>>944503
this. Definitive version of the game.

>> No.946183

>>944503
>All of the american level layouts instead of the bullshit jap ones
World War 2 is over, grandpa.

>> No.946196

Finish it, it's worth it.