[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 70 KB, 502x512, 574877_14226_front.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
940409 No.940409 [Reply] [Original]

Greetings /vr/ I just got Dezaemon Kids! off PSN (It's a Japanese PS1 game where you can make your own Shump) And was wondering if anyone else played this or any others in the series.

>> No.940414

There was a PS1 Dezaemon? I got an SFC Dezaemon CIB for cheap years ago, loved it but didn't quite have the time to invest in making a brand new game in it, and never knew there were others in the series besides a Famicom one IIRC. How does the PS version stack up?

>> No.940416

I believe there's also an n64 one.

>> No.940814

>>940414
>>940416

There are six games in the series:

Dezaemon (FC)
Dezaemon (SFC)
Dezaemon+ (PS)
Dezaemon 2 (SS)
Dezaemon 3D (N64)
Dezaemon kids (PS)

>> No.940818

That sounds really interesting. I want to check this out.

>> No.940824

I bought Dezaemon for the SFC about a year ago because it was really cheap. I had a fucking ton of fun with it, creating some awesome music and a couple of levels of a balls-hard shmup. However, the memory was bad and all of it died.

It was odd, I could tell something was REALLY wrong when the splash screen started displaying in a different fucking font.

I also want to mention that I fucking love Dezaemon Gale, it's the closest thing to a Toaplan game on the SFC that's not the atrocious Raiden port.

Otherwise I've been emuating the Saturn version on SSF and I've been having a blast. SSF is pretty shitty though, the sound emulation is a bit crap and the fucking program closes if I try to tab out or click off the window.

I'd only really play Dezaemon Kids on an emulator or on a PS1 if I had one, just for the ease of backing up data.

I've been thinking of starting a Dezaemon community game thread for a while where we share our games and ideas shit. If we were to do this, what emulators should we use? Preferably ones that would make transferring data to each easier. I'm assuming that SSF is the best thing for the Saturn, I don't really know about the rest however.

>> No.940825

>>940824
*I meant a PS3 when taling about Kids, of course.

>> No.940830

>>940824
If I was competent at anything I'd say it would be a fantastic idea.

>> No.942290

I began dicking around in it last night. It is kinda fun to do since I can make my own enemies, assign both their path and shot patterns, how fast they are, their bullets, and their health.

>> No.942323

>>940409
that sounds really neat. will buy.

>> No.943003

>Dat second disc with 102 Shumps made with Dezaemon Plus (Which is also on PSN)