[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 53 KB, 1024x1024, keiji inafune the creator la creativad.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9239868 No.9239868 [Reply] [Original]

>*creates mega man*

>> No.9239874

Inafune is better than Igarashi because inafune has been working as an artist and writer since the beginning.

>> No.9239948 [DELETED] 

>>9239874
Bloodstained vs. Mighty #9
*drops mic*

>> No.9239949

>more or less destroys Japans videogame industry

>> No.9239951 [DELETED] 

>>9239948
Bloodstained took 4 years and false promises, the game is better than mighty, but inafune was more productive in that period.

>> No.9239980 [DELETED] 

>>9239951
>false promises
how?

>> No.9239986

>>9239868
I’ve never liked Megaman, and I like most of the other famous NES platformers.

>> No.9240001

>>9239868
I know this is a bait thread but it's I think a Deadpool scenario. Leibfeld creates the character but other people actually went places with it. TOM PON, one of the asset designers for the games back in like 2015 or so did said he considered Inafune more "the responsible figure for Rockman", because while Kitamura left Capcom, Inafune was too fond of the blue guy to not push for more sequels and subseries. You can see Inafune leaving actually fucked us in the end, Capcom has no interest in Megaan outside of Gacha and 11 was middling ay best.
>Inb4 "trust the Rockman Taisen plan"

>> No.9240003

>>9239868
No, also mega man is boring and gay.

>> No.9240017

>>9240001
>Leibfeld creates the character
He didn't, come on. He was such a literal copypaste of Slade "Deathstroke" Wilson I'm surprised it didn't escalate into a lawsuit from DC. He even has the same powers, last name, occupation and background, for fuck's sake. Sure, later they started writing deadpool as a memebarking retard, but it wasn't even subtle.

>> No.9240020 [DELETED] 

>>9239951
it's not like he's building a house where you can keep the foundation but nothing else, if he makes a shit game it's a shit game no matter how you slice it

>> No.9240032

>>9239868
This man literally built Capcom from the ground up, all by himself. Think of any franchise from Capcom you know. Resident Evil? Street Fighter? It's all thanks to Inafune. Without him video games would not exist.

>> No.9240050
File: 68 KB, 1024x1024, 1657900770753[1].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9240032
His influence goes far beyond Capcom:

>Though primarily known for his work in the Mega Man series, Inafune has had profound but less publicized impact on other series. In 1987, soon after being hired by Capcom, Inafune-san visited the Konami offices of a then unknown developer Hideo Kojima. Kojima confided in Inafune that his dreams of being a director and telling cinematic storylines inspired by Hollywood may come to an abrupt end before it had started, simply because of the immense problems on his first game, Metal Gear an action title for the MSX home computer.

>Kojima confided that no matter how much he or his team tried, they could not make an action game on the MSX due to its single screen nature and lack of either vertical or horizontal scrolling. Though games such as Super Mario Bros. wowed audiences in both Japan and America just a few years earlier by showing off smooth scrolling on the Japanese Famicom home console (released as the Nintendo Entertainment System or NES in America), such technology was simply not possible on the MSX.

>Inafune however did not seem as concerned as his fellow developer. "How about instead of an action game, where you fight your enemies, you make one where you run away from them. A game about a snake that crawls on his belly.". With a wink and a smirk, Inafune left without saying another word. The rest as they say, is history.

>The Ultimate History Of Video Games Revisited, page 235

>> No.9240056
File: 47 KB, 477x604, meemz.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9240017
My brother swears that the Deadpool memery that began with millennials in the late 2000's was an elaborate long-term marketing campaign to psyop people into thinking Deadpool is cool and whacky, paving the way for a franchise.

Nobody gave a shit about Deadpool, nobody read a single Deadpool comic, nobody knew his story, nobody knew any of his quotes, but they knew he was the le epic badass superhero in the demotivational posters who blew up the sun and breaks the fourth wall.

>> No.9240064

>>9240050
The man is literally God of video games.

>> No.9240065 [DELETED] 

>>9239951
Bloodstained said it was 3D from start, mighty 9 did not

>> No.9240069 [DELETED] 

>>9239980

>dropped co-op
>vita support, then ported to mobile devices
>procedural mode
>linux support

The only thing he did was a half-assed randomizer of items and some ''extra'' characters they put more effort into Maria of the saturn version than half of the ''extras'' characters.

>> No.9240072 [DELETED] 

>>9240069
dropping procedural mode is a shame, but the rest is unimportant

>> No.9240074 [DELETED] 

>>9240072
They paid for vita support, switch wasn't even released when he announced his game.

>> No.9240078

>>9240050
This slick and cinematic story sounds like absolute bullshit.

>> No.9240085

>>9240050
Tell the story of how he inspired Mario.

>> No.9240102 [DELETED] 

>>9240069
>>9240074
Also dropped Wii U support and tried to get me to "upgrade" to Switch version. First and last time I ever do crowdfunding, thankfully got it canceled and refunded ($100 tier). This is still all better than the Mighty No. 9 gay shit.

>> No.9240213
File: 185 KB, 914x1385, TheUltimateHistoryOfVideoGames_Revisited_0250.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9240064
>>9240078
It is, this is a copypasta. While there is a book called "The Ultimate History of Video Games", there's no version of it labeled officially "Revisited", and while archive.org has the book erroneously labeled as such, reading through reveals page 235 talks about the Atari crash of 1982, not anything related to Megaman or the MSX.

>> No.9240217
File: 179 KB, 933x1397, TheUltimateHistoryOfVideoGames_Revisited_0582.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9240213
Funny enough, Inafune does have a single mention in the book, and in a funny coincidence on the same page as Hideo Kojima at that but it talks nothing about the origins of any game franchise. It only quotes them on the difficulties in trying to program for the Playstation 2.

>> No.9240370

>>9239874
Huh, I entered this thread specifically to talk shit about Igarashi. It's infuriating how much he's hijacked authorship of Castlevania, to the extent I've seen some suckers believe he created the whole franchise. It doesn't even take a genius to realize his track record is not that great, "his" best Metroidvania was the one he had the least influence in (being just a writer and programmer promoted to director late in development) while his worst was the one he had the biggest say in and even had him coining _that_ exasperating term; nevermind the fact he was never able to truly innovate the franchise, just rehashing (admittedly good) but inferior Symphony clones and having fucked up the transition to 3D not once, not twice, but three times (last one was so shit we barely got to see anything about it before getting cancelled in favor of the pretty meh LoS)
I just wish the actual geniuses behind the franchise, Hitoshi Akamatsu (creator and director of the first 3) and Toru Hagihara (director of both RoB and SotN), would come out from wherever they are and speak up about their creations, hell, I'd gladly back a game by either if they were making one

>> No.9240636

>>9240056
Ive never been a big comics burger, so i knew characters from like 90s and 80s cartoons based on them or games, but my first exposure to Deadpool was from MvC3.

>> No.9240645

>>9240370
>his" best Metroidvania was the one he had the least influence in (being just a writer and programmer promoted to director late in development) while his worst was the one he had the biggest say in
Which games are these? AoS and OoE are better than SotN btw

>> No.9241226

>>9240017
I know Deadpool was a Copypaste of Deathstroke, but the point remains Leibfeld designed him (by ripping off Slade but hey, Mega Man takes from Astroboy and Chargeman Ken so the comparison stands) and named him while others nurtured the character.
Similar in this, with the added caviat IIRC it was Inafune who ended up coming with the name Rockman after brainstorming several names like Mighty Kid and Kid Rainbow.

>> No.9241269

>>9239949
Elaborate, please.

>> No.9241272

>>9240001
I'm too much of a retrofag to know. How is Mega Man 11?

>> No.9241275

>>9239868
gootecks had nothing to do with megaman or any other capcom game, he just plays a lot of sf

>> No.9241281

>>9240370
Bloodstained easier get ruin not pick 2D for Wii U and Switch port

>> No.9241285

>>9241272
Basically what you get if you mix classic Mega Man with Viewtiful Joe.

>> No.9241286

>>9241269
He’s a westaboo cuck

>> No.9241294

>>9241269
He was the one who pushed for Capcom to chase both the Western Audience and Western sales numbers. Remember how Capcom used to threaten to not release certain games overseas if they didn't reach certain sales figures? That was him. In turn, a lot of other companies either tried to follow suit and failed or thought they shouldn't bother appealing to the Western market if they had to make multiple millions sellers for a game to be considered "successful",

>> No.9241298

>>9241286
>>9241294
>>9241269
To be fair, remember the vidya landscape back in the seventh gen. Japan was getting beat bad, all the big selling games were western (Halo, Call of Duty, GTA, Dead Space, Oblivion, Skyrim) or did relatively well if they embraced a western look (Dark Souls) or your name was Nintendo. Anime was relentlessly being mocked online as liking anything Japanese was a "nasty weeaboo thing". Japan was being seen as left behind and it was America's turn to spearhead vidya. It was the generation of brown and bloom and colorful Japanese games were not doing well at all. At the time, to change business tactics made sense and people say Capcom "got better without Inafune" now, but look at their current games. They all do that "realistic western" look, Resident Evil, Monster Hunter and Street Fighter looks more like a comicbook at this point as opposed to 90's SFII. Even this very site back in those days relentlessly paraded that Japan as relevant vidya makers were done for.

>> No.9241353

Remember when /v/ (or us, I forgot) scared the real creator of mega man and ended up deleting his blog and twitter out of autism?

>> No.9241364

>>9241353
It was the internet altogether. Kitamura really doesn't care about Mega Man past the first 2 games and quit the games industry after basically burning every bridge and no one wanted to work with him anymore. By all accounts he was insuferably. Ironically, only Inafune ever spoke well of Kitamura.

>> No.9241474

>>9241364
>By all accounts he was insuferably.
I never knew that. Did some dev ever publicly share some story about him?

>> No.9241487

>>9241474
Not him but the dude behind GnG talked about how hard it was to work with him. I find it frustrating that he just rage quit his blog because I wanted to see concept art or his unreleased game. Dude literally nuked his entire existence online

>> No.9241491

>>9241474
Inafune has talked bout him with kid gloves, but IIRC, some of the other programmers who were on the team for 2 basically described him as something impossible to work with because he literally didn't tell you anything. You were just suppose to infer what he wanted.

>> No.9241494

>>9241474
"The Untold History of Japanese Game Developers".
Here's a sample, Roy Ozaki is an ex-Capcom who went on to become part of now-defunct Mitchell Corp.:
>Roy OZAKI : Almost three sections were making arcade and console stuff. Later on it was divided betweenarcades and console. Kitamura was in section two. And he did Megaman for consoles because he wasn’t liked by his bosses. He’s a strange guy – real strange. He screwed me a lot of times. And I thought I saw through him, but I didn’t I guess. Basically he has a weak personality. He has talent, but he’s weak. He doesn’t know how to use the people who do graphics or... He just can’t get on with people. So while he was at Capcom, and they had console and arcade staff, they made him do console, because nobody wanted him.

>RO: Kitamura wanted to make Rockman 2, but Fujiwara wouldn’t allow it. They weren’t getting along. That’s why he left.

>RO: Kitamura wanted to make Rockman 2, Fujiwara always said no. But Sakai said: “You know, Kitamura got a pretty good hit with Rockman 1, so let him make it.” So Kitamura started making it, and then he got pulled into [inaudible] Nishiyama-san. Then he went to SNK, then he went to Takeru.

Inafune's account of Kitamura in the next post after this due to character limit.

>> No.9241495

>>9241494
Inafune's account:
>KI: He was an incredibly strict person! He was strict but it was because he had a real love for games. He was always in the office, slept at his desk, and he was always researching or working on the games. He taught me about the required strictness of game development. You can’t slack off. You have to do your best all the time. That’s sort of the message, of what I learned from him. Kitamura-san would sleep through the night, at his desk, and then the next morning he would do the checks for the content that I had produced the day before. Obviously he didn’t sleep so well, and since he was a very, very strict person, often some of the stuff that was good – the stuff that we had all worked on – he would say, “This is no good, and this is no good,” and so on. You could say he was a perfectionist. He was incredibly hard to please, with incredibly high standards, and his rules towards character development were so obsessively careful, true perfectionism. That bled over into his approach to game development as a whole. My team in particular really bore the brunt of his drive I guess, his demand for perfection, and we were directly under him. So it was... Yes, we had his full attention. He taught me about the concept of getting exactly what you want for the character on to paper and into the game, not settling merely for something close to your design. It’s about getting exactly what you want in the game. He taught me that. I would say that I think the way he taught me, that very strict way, is what kept me interested, and kept me going. Even after he stopped, and I worked on the games without him, I do believe his influence and his approach, which I now believe in, shines through all the products I’ve worked on, and all the Mega Man games. So even though he was not involved in some of them, I do believe that they are games produced under his methods, even if not by him.

>> No.9241498

>>9241364
>Kitamura was run off the internet because of people frothing at the mouth over Inafune and wanting the "real" creator to be their god-king

A shame, really. From what I remember from the big interview that he did, he was one of those "video games are dreams made manifest" types from the 80s. The kind of guys who thought that video games could magically express anything. If he'd been born later, he could have done what he wanted, but he was definitely hampered by the technical limitations of the time.

>> No.9241506

>>9240213
It is copypasta. While Kojima did had a mentor who helped him out on Metal Gear 1 (and was the supervirsor on the original Snatcher), it was not Inafune.

>> No.9241507

>>9239868
all he does is scam people

>> No.9241508

>>9241507
Takuya Aizu and Ben Judd already explained where all money went. About 40% of it went to Kickstarter themselves in fees because the three stooges didn't read the little letters.

>> No.9241512

>>9241507
I'll never understand why you people just won't take personal responsibility for being bad with your money. Mn9 got $4mil because you were all trying to get revenge on Capcom for "cancelling" MML3. If you're literally "scammed" by someone showing you a pitch video and 3 jpegs, you didn't deserve your money to begin with.

>> No.9241513

>>9241508
>Red Ash and Mighty No 9
>Then goes into NFTs
He's a piece of shit

>> No.9241527

>>9241513
I find it funny how he got all the backlash when all he did for MN9 was plot and character design but Aizu as the producer oversaw the whole thing, Inti Creates developed the game and two Inti staff directed the game, yet got away Scott free

>> No.9241529

>>9241527
Curse of being the director, coupled with the fact that Inti when back and basically made the Mn9 everyone wanted with Mighty Gunvolt Burst.

>> No.9241530

>>9241527
>all he did
He was the face of the game, the guy on all the videos promoting it and asking for money. He as the Kojima. Kojima doesn't program or design jack but it's still "his" game so as the captain he has to and should take all responsibility for its failure and his lies.

>> No.9241536

>>9241530
What did he lie about?

>> No.9241560

>>9241536
Did you not follow the MN9 development at all?

>> No.9241569

>>9241560
A mediocre Megaman knock-off was created with all the stretch goals save for it being on handhelds. He never promised you the next great epoch of gaming.

>> No.9241586

>>9241529
Re-read my post. He did not direct MN9. Other two guys did.

>> No.9241598

>>9241494
>>9241495
Great read! Thank you!

>> No.9241637

>>9241529
>>9241586
Koji Imaeda and Kinshi Ikegami were the directors of MN9.

>> No.9241639

>>9241498
Nah, his big problem was that he left Capcom. He had a big major hit with Rock Man 2, and it was one of the biggest hits with the company. Then he makes Willow and then ducks out. Makes no sense, and obviously just personal problems behind the scenes. If he stuck he could have made Rock Man 3, then used that clout to get a bigger project for the SFC and beyond. He would today be a very rich executive at the company.

The programmer for Rock Man 1-2 went on to be the head of the programming department, and spearheaded MT Framework. Guy's still there.

Kitamura thought he could do better on his own, so he left to join Sur de Wave who had a bunch of devs who made hits and making their own games. Sadly the company didn't work out.

>> No.9241647
File: 17 KB, 240x320, 1661362674025448.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9239868
>Akira: HOOOOOOOOOOOW DAAAAAAAAAAAREEE YOU!

>> No.9241656
File: 259 KB, 743x1038, 43085-mega-man-2-nes-front-cover[1].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9241495
>>9241494
Reading between the lines, it could be autism spectrum and general socially inept nerd syndrome. Which means creative and passionate, but doesn't get along with people.

I think it was Kamiya or Mikami who described Fujiwara as a "demon" both in the positive and negative sense. Positive in that he's supernaturally talented, but also such a hard ass worker who drives his employees like slaves. I think it was Mikami saying he is "slack" to his employees compared to Fujiwara.

So you get personalities like Fujiwara and Kitamura together there is going to be friction. It's also third person, but it seems to debunk the myth that Rock man 1 was a failure. It just didn't sell over a million copies like 2 did. It seems like it was enough that it could be described as a good selling hit, but not enough for Fujiwaa to think it deserved an immediate sequel.

Wonder if MM1's infamously bad box art hurt sales? 2's box art in NA is at least competent and gives a sense of what the game is like.

>> No.9241707

>>9241656
>Wonder if MM1's infamously bad box art hurt sales?
In my mind there's no doubt about it. Mind you, I don't live in the US, but southern of it and reading our Nintendo magazine, it was the Japanese artwork they used on said magazine what caught my attention for Mega Man 3 or 4 (I forgot which in specific).

>> No.9241775
File: 2.23 MB, 1944x1944, Yuji-Naka-bio.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>*creates sonic*

>> No.9241795
File: 58 KB, 1024x624, d8ea8ed192b5304ef11b09f746c331b2[1].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9241775
Funny. He did more than Inafune did in terms of creation at least. He made the original physics prototype, and it was a default "pinball" place-holder character. With Naka it's just an engine and gameplay prototype for the Mega Drive. Character designers and then level designers created Sonic. So Naka plays a role as one of the original devs, but not actual character creator.

Sonic also rips off Felix the cat heavily.

>> No.9241798

>>9241795
>Sonic also rips off Felix the cat heavily.

What honestly didn't?

>> No.9241804

>>9241775
No, he was just one of the coders of 1, 2, and maybe also 3. The NiGHTS series was where he peaked
Also, I don't get the hate for Rodea on the Wii. Yeah, it does have its share of bugs, but how buggy really?

>> No.9241826
File: 157 KB, 478x463, 1592050854677.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9241775
Inafune
>shepherds Megaman after the original creator abandons it; making it become one of Capcom's flagship franchises
>pushes Capcom to actually give a shit about the Western audience, leaving it as one of the few 80s Japanese companies that's still seen as a big player and not just a panchiko company
>Makes one fuck up and is villified as literally the devil

Naka
>Has been trying to sabotage Sonic since fucking Sonic 2 due to his own selfishness
>May or may not have contributed to the Sega of America v. Sega of Japan schism that destroyed the company in the late 90s
>His leadership is literally the reason why Sonic went from being a leader in the 90s to a laughing stock in the 00s and 2010s
>Is treated like an underappreciated "hidden giant"

>> No.9241832

>>9241826
>Is treated like an underappreciated "hidden giant"

Pretty sure his behavior after Balan flopped snuffed out the last legitimate belief people actually had in him, especially how he threw Ohshima under the bus like that.

>> No.9241837

Thats not Dr. Light OP.

>> No.9241847

>>9241826
Inafune pushed away from tradition business-wise , yeah, but in some ways he pushed a tad too far in making Capcom kiss up to Western tastes.

>> No.9241853

>>9241847
I'll be devil's advocate for a moment, at least while Comcept existed, he believed in weekends being days off. "Weekends should be spent with family". If for no other reason I wish his company had fared better as a conceptual company.

>> No.9241867

>>9241853
His true fuck up was making Comcept to being with. He should have just went to work for IntiCreates from the beginning and made Comcept as his own team inside of IntiCreates.

>> No.9241872

>>9241853
>>9241867
>makes his own video game company
>and by "video game company" he really meant "I'm an ideas guy" company

>> No.9241897

>>9241798
Scarface

>> No.9241910

Inafune is overhated to a silly degree. He was clearly involved in the creation of a lot of good games. Nerds just want someone to be a "good guy" or a "bad guy", because they have shrivelled pea brains. What can you say?

>> No.9241920

>>9241837
underrated

>> No.9241921

>>9241775

>never stole money from fans
>bad

no

>> No.9241928

>>9241921
For the millionth time, the money was not stolen. They fucked up not reading the fine print and 30-40% went to Kickstarter themselves as their fee and the rest on the tools, including dev kits for all the consoles. Those things are not cheap.

>> No.9241931

>>9241872
Intercept was supposed to be Comcept's actual game developing arm but for whatever reason that never flew.

>> No.9241936

>>9241928

>20+ years in the industry
>don't know how to manage the project

Really?

>> No.9241948

>>9241936
Although this is idiotic, this is the same pair of stooges (Aizu and Inafune, because Aizu is not clean at all, and even now manages to keep hurting his own fucking company) that thought "WESTERN ENGINES ARE THE FUTURE, IT DOESN'T MATTER UE3 ISN'T DOCUMENTED IN JAPANESE AND NO ONE AT THE OFFICE SPEAKS ENGLISH, WE CAN WING IT!"

>> No.9241956

>>9241948
Have you seen Japanese indie development? Everyone uses Unity or Unreal 4, there's no shortage of talent there. but maybe inafune wants to pay terrible wages or he's just bad with management. He was just an artist who got lucky

>> No.9241961

>>9241956
Yeah, everyone NOW, anon think back to 2013-2014. Even the first Gal*Gun ran on ICE, Inti's own engine which powered all their games from Gunbike up to Luminous Avenger iX and got UE thinking it was the future and it would make their job easy. If you've seen how much memory Gal*Gun Double Peace hogs on PC (not to mention the silky smoth 5fps version on Vita), Inti have not gotten better with it.

>> No.9242062

>>9240032
So this guy is basically the Capcom version of Shigeru Miyamoto?

>> No.9242082

>>9241928
>They fucked up not reading the fine print
So he's either a conman or a blatant idiot. Not sure which is better.

>> No.9242091

>>9242062
no

>> No.9242135

>>9242082
I think hasty and reckless. However, said hastiness is also the reason why MMBN was approved right away, he saw it as a risk and despite Legends' sales failure he said "bitchin', let's do this" and contributed to the design of MegaMan.EXE as original concepts he felt were too visually busy.

>> No.9242137
File: 124 KB, 1152x648, yuji-naka-1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9241775
>goes over to America
>works with Americans he hates despite doing more for him than Japan did
>dummies out American made Hidden Palace in Sonic 2 out of spite
>segregates himself and other Japs during Sonic 3
>back to Japan, talks shit about American devs
>develop Nights like should be the Sonic for Saturn even though it's obvious a purple androgynous dream tranny wizard isn't as marketable as a cool hedgehog
>take away fancy nights engine from American devs keeping your "your" most famous "creation" relevant
>meanwhile finally make true 3D sonic game for dreamcast
>waste time going to South America for "research" even though by 1997 your company has internet access to get photographs of Mayan ruins and you have a 9 month dev time
>first Sonic Adventure release is a buggy piece of shit and needs fixing for US launch
>decide to cancel American made launch dreamcast game and poach their developers
>meanwhile, Japs who never went to Japan with you form Sonic Team USA
>develop Sonic Adventure 2 and it's a best seller, openly state how it easy it was to work without you
>still gets credit as a producer and promoted as an executive

>> No.9242140

>>9242137
>dummies out American made Hidden Palace in Sonic 2 out of spite
What was the source of this spite? Why remove this stage?

>> No.9242160

>>9242140
He's a racist.

>> No.9242187

>>9242160
>while working on an IP created to appeal to Americans with a character based on Bill Clinton
sasu-fucking-ga

>> No.9242196

>>9239868
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGCe_HpgH6c

>> No.9242203

>>9242135
So, an idiot. It would take 10 minutes to read the contract, or have his lawyer do it. Losing 30% of your money because "oops I didn't know" is too stupid to be believable.

>> No.9242207

>>9242187
since when is the guy from nights bill clinton

>> No.9242213

>>9242207
well they're both sexual molestors

>> No.9242214

>>9242207
I meant Sonic.

>> No.9242218

>>9242214
that makes even less sense

>> No.9242220

>>9242218
According to Naoto Oshima and other people behind the first Sonic game, his personality was based on (their Japanese perception of) Bill Clinton, as a "cool guy who lives life".

>> No.9242230

>>9242062
He's kind of like Jesus in a way

>> No.9242240

>>9242220
okay i guess it makes some sense cause he played the sax once but it's kinda retarded to make a game thematically about nature and then have your protagonist be like a scummy politician (or a politician for short)
doesn't really come across in the games though so whatever

>> No.9242242

>>9242220
Well, Bill did live life. Dunno about the cool though. Perhaps it's just that he contrasted with the (superficial) seriousness of japanese politicians.

>> No.9242245

>>9242242
They would have only seen clips like him playing Sax on Arino Hall.

>> No.9242253

>>9242203
I believe it was Ben Judd who was in touch with Kickstarter as his english representative, so it's probably on Judd since his company was helping promote MN9 and Bloodstained kickstarters.

>> No.9242280

>>9242137
>>waste time going to South America for "research" even though by 1997 your company has internet access to get photographs of Mayan ruins and you have a 9 month dev time
Location scouting's actually a pretty common thing and significantly more helpful than just looking at photographs if you're trying to establish an atmosphere, especially compared to what would have been readily available online in the late 90's.

>> No.9242316

>>9242280
Yeah, Kojima's made an entire career of just doing location scouting now.

>> No.9242330

>>9241795
>>9241798
What Babs Bunny?