[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 287 KB, 1600x1066, rayman 2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9225193 No.9225193 [Reply] [Original]

What's the best version of Rayman 2? Is the PS1 release really as bad as they say?

>> No.9225218

All versions are good
Yes, even the PS1
Great game

>> No.9225220

if you want an answer, Dreamcast is the best version.

All of them are perfectly fine however, except for the PS2 "remake", fuck that one

>> No.9225227

they fucked up the secret lum in the 3DS so it's impossible to complete.
It seems Dreamcast has the most improvements without going too far off the rails, but PS2 is still a change of pace, no reason to not ever check it out.
N64 is still very valid too.

Too bad that in every single version You don't get anything for completing 101%, what a disappointment

>> No.9225267

there is no bad version of this game

but dc is the purest and best

>> No.9225298

How many times do we need this thread?
>N64 - original version with poor performance and low quality MIDI soundtrack
>PC - improved audio, framerate, and graphics, but otherwise exactly the same as the original
>Dreamcast - further improved graphics and bonus minigames, but there are many slight changes to the art direction and level design
>PS1 - significant amount of cut content as well as level design and story changes, but the physics have more weight and the characters no longer speak in gibberish. Worse graphics than the N64 version, but superior audio. Finally it has an unlockable prototype of the original Rayman 2.
>PS2 - Essentially a remake with significant additions and changes to every aspect of the game, most of which are controversial.

My recommendation is to avoid the N64 version entirely, because the PC version is a straight upgrade. Either play the PC version or the Dreamcast version first. I would go with the PC version because I'm autistic and don't like some of the changes in the Dreamcast version, but there really isn't that much of a difference. If you ever feel like replaying the game, then check out either the PS1 or PS2 version because they will provide an experience that simultaneously feels very fresh and familiar.

>> No.9225324

>>9225193
n64 version is king

>> No.9225852

I've only ever played Rayman Revolutions and it was fine enough.