[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 86 KB, 640x902, 1627520129939.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9069964 No.9069964 [Reply] [Original]

Playing on hard mode. Do I waste 20 hours of my life playing minigames for money or do I cheat it in instead?

>> No.9069971

>>9069964
I don't even mean this in a smug way because I hate grinding, but why pick hard mode to begin with then? Just play on Normal, you'll have more fun. Run suboptimal builds if Normal is too easy.

>> No.9070572

>>9069964
Just sell your super healing items. You'll never really need that bead chain or chakra pot.

>> No.9071870

>>9069964
Go to the park where the pixies are. Auto battle there for a hour and sell everything for enough money to buy the first magmomama thingies or whatever they are called.

After that grind the kalpa tunnel mini games when available. The first one is kinda shitty at like 1k macca a run, but you can complete it fast. The second tunnel is decent enough, you will net like 5k macca. Put points in agility to move faster, I think you need 15 for top speed iirc, it's been years so you should probably verify that.

What I would do after I cleared the first kalpa is I would run down to the second kalpa tunnel, grind the mini game tunnel for 15 minutes, then run back and save. Don't do more than 15 minute runs because if you get ambushed on the way back and you will be fucked since you can't escape or negotiate in the labyrinth, you would need a smoke ball to escape. You will probably die on the first turn anyway. Grind til you got like 50k in money. Obviously this tunnel is safer to grind after you beat the 2nd fiend and have access to the quick warp to the hub, but you need money fast and that 2nd fiend is wayyy later on in the game.

3rd and fourth kalpa tunnels you will need 15 strength to break the big rocks. Max speed is absolutely necessary for these tunnels. Don't enter the fifth kalpa without saving prior, it will hard lock you into a certain route with a certain useless character. Make a couple saves first in case you accidentally overwrite your shit. 5th kalpa has a secret treasury tunnel that gives you like 300k macca each run it something like that

Good luck bro hard mode is not that hard, but money is so fucking ridiculous to grind. Really pissed me off and ruined the game from being a masterpiece. It's fuckin horse shit that you have to money grind for 20 minutes just to get a level 50 demon out of the goddamn compendium

https://youtu.be/Q0A5SxLRGR4

>> No.9071879

Cheat it in, or prepare to waste a bunch of time. No, the Kapala tunnels aren't fun to grind so you can get all the magatama from the shops. Hardmode makes it so you pretty much can only use healing stations through normal playing. If you want to buy anything substantial like a bunch of consumables, magatama, or using the compendium, then you have to use tons of macca which in turn means tons of time. It's simply better to roll and fuse good demons than reusing anything from the compendium while playing on hard.

>> No.9071893

>>9071879
>It's simply better to roll and fuse good demons than reusing anything from the compendium while playing on hard.

It depends on how picky and/or autistic you are at getting good skills. If I plan out a demon to inherit 3/4 good skills from two ingredients, and pass on 2 good skills from a mitama, that might take 30 min-2hours worth of rolling to get. Fuck doing that multiple times, you're better off using the compendium.
The skill inherit system from fusion in this game is absolute aids. Shit takes forever to get your ultimate endgame party. For example, if your two ingredients have more than 10 combined skills your demon will fill up like 7+ skill slots, which means you permanently lose out on 1 available mitama skill (2 is the max right? I forget it's been forever). Oh well, at least mitamas save the system from being absolutely ball busting

>> No.9071954

Bear in mind hard mode was intended to be a new game+ difficulty and not accessible at the start of the game

>> No.9071992

>>9071954
Who told you that? Even on a second playthrough you'd still be strapped for cash in mid to late game without treasury grinding your first run